• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Kirby Wii (HAL), Pandora's Tower, More [Confirmed, Kirby Trailer Added]

Here's what we got(Confirmed!) :

English language version of presentation: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/library/events/110128/index.html
Kirby trailer: http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/library/events/110128/07.html

Kirby Wii game by Hal, trailer was shown(Looks like the old gc verison). This year in Japan
Just Dance And Goldeneye are being released in Japan by Nintendo
Pandora's tower is coming out this year
-They have many other unannounced wii games in development

3DS

May the eShop(3DIZED old games) and browser opens, plus DSI transfers.

Iwata: The reason they are only releasing dogs at launch, is because the software that is equivalent to wii sports for the wii is pre-bundled into the 3ds. Also they wanted attention for 3rd parties.

Because of this, they have games that were completed even before dogs yet will be released afterwards

-They've got many software that can be sold this year, but haven't been announced.

Sales
- Last story and 3ds Pre-orders are both good.

Question: Western third party support for 3ds is weak, isn't it?

Answer: The importance(ratio) of hand-helds is weak overseas which makes it difficult to devote resources towards handheld only games. I believe the importance of hand-helds in the west will increase, will that be enough to move western developers? it will become clear By looking at western publishers developments towards NGP and other factors.

60.jpg

antonz

_Alkaline_ said:
Wait what's this about a new Kirby?

Kotaku said a Kirby game was shown a the investors meeting today. and FINALFANTASYDOG is saying it was shown and is the long waited Hal Kirby game :eek:

How do we know that it's a Wii Kirby game? Surely it would be a new trailer for the new Kirby DS game instead?

Pandora's Tower has me hugely interested. Please be a 1st Party title!

Also, how long until we get a transcript of the meeting put online?

Instro

FINALFANTASYDOG said:
Here's what we got:

Kirby Wii game by Hal, trailer was shown(Looks like the old gc verison)
Just dance is being released in Japan by Nintendo
-They have many other unannouced wii games in development

3DS

Iwata: The reason they are only releasing dogs at launch, is because the software that is equivalant to wii sports for the wii is pre-bundled into the 3ds. Also they wanted attention for 3rd parties.

Because of this, they have games that were completed even before dogs yet will be released afterwards

-They've got many software that can be sold this year, but haven't been announced.

Sales

Answer: The importance(ratio) of hand-helds is weak overseas which makes it difficult to develop for. I believe the important of hand-helds in the west will increase, will that be enough to move western developers? it will become clear By looking at western publishers developments towards NGP and other factors.

Well that was unexpected. Was Pandora a wiiware game btw, or regular wii game?

antonz

Iwata confirmed what I suspected. Nintendo is deliberately holding back completed 3DS titles so there is no gaps between Gen 1 titles and Gen 2.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
FINALFANTASYDOG said:
Here's what we got:

Just Dance And Goldeneye are being released in Japan by Nintendo
-They have many other unannouced wii games in development

3DS

Iwata: The reason they are only releasing dogs at launch, is because the software that is equivalant to wii sports for the wii is pre-bundled into the 3ds. Also they wanted attention for 3rd parties.

Sales

Answer: The importance(ratio) of hand-helds is weak overseas which makes it difficult to develop for. I believe the important of hand-helds in the west will increase, will that be enough to move western developers? it will become clear By looking at western publishers developments towards NGP and other factors.
Did you get this information by listening to the conference or second hand from somewhere like 2ch?

I'm not doubting you, but I would just like to know a source before I split this into a new thread.

Nirolak said:
Did you get this information by listening to the conference or second hand from somewhere like 2ch?

I'm not doubting you, but I would just like to know a source before I split this into a new thread.

It's 2nd hand
Got it from an independent stock holder of Nintendo, though he's been accurate in the past about stock conferences and the info he gave matches the info that came out later in the report by Bloomberg.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
FINALFANTASYDOG said:

Step your game up, third parties.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
FINALFANTASYDOG said:
It's 2nd hand
Got it from an independent stock holder of Nintendo, though he's been accurate in the past about stock conferences and the info he gave matches the info that came out later in the report by Bloomberg.
That sounds solid enough for me. Thanks.

FINALFANTASYDOG said:
Here's what we got:

... Kirby NGC/Wii is still in development, all these years later? Seriously? Just how long, exactly, does it take to make a 2.5d Kirby game? That is what it still is, right? Crazy... I wonder if it'll be worth the wait. I am a Kirby fan, but the games are usually simple, I wonder what's delayed this one for so many years if it is actually still in development. I like Kirby games though, so I'm interested... I just hope it's good.

antonz

A Black Falcon said:
... Kirby NGC/Wii is still in development, all these years later? Seriously? Just how long, exactly, does it take to make a 2.5d Kirby game? That is what it still is, right? Crazy... I wonder if it'll be worth the wait. I am a Kirby fan, but the games are usually simple, I wonder what's delayed this one for so many years if it is actually still in development. I like Kirby games though, so I'm interested... I just hope it's good.

Id guess the reaction to epic may have rekindled development of the more traditional kirby game.

Somehow Pandora's Tower sounds like a small puzzle-esque game like Lost in Shadow. But also very grown up.

Please please please let this be EAD's new mascot IP.

And Kirby has to be Nintendo's running gag for these presentations :)

Caramello

Looks like Nintendo really have learnt from the Wii with games that have been completed and ready to launch whenever Nintendo thinks it's necessary.

It'll be interesting to see what kinds of Wii software Nintendo is developing this far into its lifecycle, could be quite telling in terms of how long they'll stick this generation out.

Kusagari

Not surprised by the 3DS game stagger. I bet OoT, Kid Icarus, and SF64 are all done right now. Wouldn't be surprised if even Paper Mario is basically finished.

The more interesting thing is Iwata saying they have unannounced games that are basically done.

Xellos

Good to hear that Nintendo still has some development going on for Wii. Probably won't see any of it until E3 though. Also, what's Pandora's Tower?

Kusagari said:
Not surprised by the 3DS game stagger. I bet OoT, Kid Icarus, and SF64 are all done right now. Wouldn't be surprised if even Paper Mario is basically finished.

The more interesting thing is Iwata saying they have unannounced games that are basically done.

It matches up with their new philosophy of announcing a game and having it in stores 90 days after announcement. That kind of strategy is only really viable when your software is more less done.

Xellos said:
Good to hear that Nintendo still has some development going on for Wii. Probably won't see any of it until E3 though. Also, what's Pandora's Tower?

I honestly thought that we wouldn't see anything outside of Zelda left for the Wii. How much longer until the transcript is posted online?

I bet OoT, Kid Icarus, and SF64 are all done right now. Wouldn't be surprised if even Paper Mario is basically finished.

No, (and especially not Paper Mario, not a chance) but they're probably almost done. He's probably referring to Steel Diver and Pilotwings Resort.

Cygnus X-1

FINALFANTASYDOG said:

Sales

Answer: The importance(ratio) of hand-helds is weak overseas which makes it difficult to devote resources towards handheld only games. I believe the important of hand-helds in the west will increase, will that be enough to move western developers? it will become clear By looking at western publishers developments towards NGP and other factors.

Iwata sure is one of the most honest man in the industry. Now it's clear why Nintendo line-up is so weak: they want third party games to sell well. Err, third party line-up is mostly composed by ports...they better wake up fast this time.

Oh, so that's what happened to OoT.

seady

I want some new IP for the 3DS. The best DS games are the weird new stuffs like Elite Beat Agents and Rhythm Heaven.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I have a feeling that the 3DS catalog is going to be absolutely packed with games this year (first and third party wise)

E3 is going to be great!

Cipherr

Nuclear Muffin said:
I honestly thought that we wouldn't see anything outside of Zelda left for the Wii.

I sincerely hope your joking. I know gaf jests from time to time, but noone could actually believe that shit. Especially with how they have handled their releases this gen.

Kusagari

Nuclear Muffin said:
No, (and especially not Paper Mario, not a chance) but they're probably almost done. He's probably referring to Steel Diver and Pilotwings Resort.

Steel Diver and Pilotwings are both launch games in the U.S. at least. And Paper Mario has looked decently done in the few screens we've seen. It might not be done but I'm sure it could come out by the end of this year but won't.

BowieZ

Banned
They have many other unannouced wii games in development
Hell yes. Kirby + Skyward + Pandora's Tower + MANY OTHER Wii games...! You've got to think that Wii Relax/Wii Meditate is in the pipeline... though I thought it was decoyware.

Kusagari said:
It might not be done but I'm sure it could come out by the end of this year but won't.
Well half the trouble with Paper Mario is the dialogue/story/localization aspect. All we've seen so far is some fairly generic platforming sections. I presume when they design a PM game they come up with the overarching story and worlds / innovative ideas they want to employ, then it splits off into two teams: deeper story/objectives and modeling.

Caramello

Nuclear Muffin said:
I honestly thought that we wouldn't see anything outside of Zelda left for the Wii. How much longer until the transcript is posted online?

Iwata: They've got many software that can be sold this year, but haven't been announced.

Certainly doesn't seem like he was referring to Steel Diver or Pilotwings Resort to me..

Kusagari said:
Steel Diver and Pilotwings are both launch games in the U.S. at least. And Paper Mario has looked decently done in the few screens we've seen. It might not be done but I'm sure it could come out by the end of this year but won't.

Launch Window. We don't know if they're day 1 just yet.

Paper Mario in Oct-Dec is a possibility though (there's no way it could've ever have been a launch title though, that's just stupid)

Caramello said:
Iwata: They've got many software that can be sold this year, but haven't been announced.

Certainly doesn't seem like he was referring to Steel Diver or Pilotwings Resort to me..

You're right it doesn't. However, it doesn't mean that he says that they're finished yet either. The "finished" games he's referring to are almost certainly Pilotwings and Steel Diver. The "many software that can be sold this year, but haven't yet been announced" are probably completely different (and could also be downloadable 3DS titles for all we know)

miksar

Answer: The importance(ratio) of hand-helds is weak overseas which makes it difficult to devote resources towards handheld only games. I believe the important of hand-helds in the west will increase, will that be enough to move western developers? it will become clear By looking at western publishers developments towards NGP and other factors.
Is this like "3DS's success with western 3rd party depends on NGP"? I see the "other factors" as well, but it is interesting that it is pointed out on the day after the announcement of the competitor's system.

I want some new IP for the 3DS. The best DS games are the weird new stuffs like Elite Beat Agents and Rhythm Heaven.
Also this. DS's success depended largely on the new IPs, without new IPs it will be tough for 3DS to be as successful.

Kard8p3

I wonder if Pandora's Tower is the new IP Miyamoto was talking about last year. If so I can't wait to get some details on it because it'll surely be amazing.

seady said:
Rhythm Heaven was a sequel to a GBA game called Rhythm Tengoku (aka Rhythm Heaven). It is no more a new IP than Rhythm Heaven Wii will be. :p

Top Bottom