• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BallisticNG: PSX WipEout workshop edition (PC Early Access)

If you have a converter cable you can totally use it. One of the devs mentioned that he uses it to play, so I assume they have it in mind since so many die-hard WipEout fans swear by that controller.

Jesus. You just made my year. I've got three NeGcons in storage. Thank you.

Unicorn

BallisticNG has just been updated to 0.5.1! This updates fixes a few issues from the initial 0.5 release and introduces new ship engine effect, customizable race settings and custom tournaments.

Changelog:

Additions:
- Added jump zones to ishtar citadel so the jumps are now possible in Toxic and Apex
- Added race settings to gamemode selection screen
- You can now increase the maximum number of laps
- Added breadcrumbs to menu
- Friends are now highlighted on the leaderboards
- You can now create your own tournaments
- The zen tournament for unlocking Barracuda has now been moved into the Barracuda Challenge (see the new tournament menu)
- Changed engine flare texture
- Tremors now inflict damage on ships
- (Unstable Branch) Added lobby search filtering options to join game
- (Unstable Branch) Added lobby browser
- (Unstable Branch) Accepting a lobby invite outside of the game will now autoconnect you when the game launches

Fixes:
- Fixed cockpits drawing over all effects
- Fixed elimination and shield low voices ignoring volume settings
- (Unstable Branch) your ship is reset back to GTek when entering a lobby
- Quitting in the track creator playmode will now take you back to the editor

Sharing tournaments:
You can share your custom tournaments or just save them somewhere by clicking on the "generate tournament key" button. This will generate a key that you can reuse later to reload your tournament. This approach has been used as it makes it extremely easy to share tournaments over instant messaging.

Sharing tournaments is an interesting concept, but seems curious right now.

I do want to eventually venture into creating a custom track as the editor reminds me of Roller Coaster Tycoon - Seems complex but manageable.

Jesus. You just made my year. I've got three NeGcons in storage. Thank you.

http://www.wipeoutzone.com/forum/showthread.php?10188-Control&p=248052#post248052

For older Dualshock controllers you can get different types of converters, Rockfire being the one I have. Using this I've been able to play BnG using a Negcon, the setup is a bit fiddly because the inputs are a bit screwy but once it's setup it works just fine.

Here's the direct quote from one of the developers from back in June of this year about NeGcon, in case you wanted a source. Setting it up via xpadder or something, is what I assume they mean by screwy inputs.

complete with the same bad clipping in the background? im suspect :p

You can actually push the draw distance further. It's done on purpose, same for the shaking polygons. It was done to feel like the same but you can disable these, so no popin and no shakin

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
All these remakes, knock offs and spiritual successors to Wipeout make the pain of not having a next gen Wipeout even harder to swallow.

Unicorn

All these remakes, knock offs and spiritual successors to Wipeout make the pain of not having a next gen Wipeout even harder to swallow.
This has the bells and whistles though. Turn off polygon jitter, crank up draw distance, throw on bloom and other graphical effects.

If you're a WipEout fan, there's really no excuse to love this. It will eventually have everything the Wipeout games had and offer more through community creations. There are WipEout HD ships on the workshop, so there's that.

Unicorn

I only saw Pulse/Fusion ships? Guess I need to check the Workshop again.

Ooops. Yeah, those are Pulse ships. I didn't play the PS2 Pulse version so I saw they were clearly better than PSP models and just assumed they were the W-HD versions.

Unicorn

The Concept liveries for the Pulse ships are on the workshop now and I forgot how good they were. Dunno if they are "stat"-ed correctly, but they are there in their pixel-y, low-res beauty. Feel right at home.

Unicorn

BallisticNG has just updated to 0.5.2, this is going to be the last update for 0.5 as there are big plans for 0.6. See below the changelog for information on that.

This update focuses mostly on the track creator, fixing a few problems and adding many new features!

Changelog
Visual:
- Tenrai Livery updated
- Wyvern Livery updated

Fixes:
- Custom ships no longer have mipmaps generated for them
- Fixed file browser not showing the last file
- Fixed first race in a custom tournament playing the last track first

Track Creator:
- Now supports playtesting with custom ships
- Added new playmode based options to the settings foldout:
* AI Controlled Ship
* Hyper Speed
* 2280 Mode
* Drag Track Flag
* Generate Speed Pads
* Weather
- You can now import custom textures and create custom environment lighting
- Jumpzones are now automatically generated in the editor if a split is given the jump flag
- Tunnel lights will be automatically generated for dark ambience in custom track sets
- Added smoothing functions for track wall/floor width and wall height
- Added new functions to the segment editor
- Added buttons for existing smooth functions (hold shift when using Smooth Pitch for Smooth Height)
- Fixed junction/exit nudge verticies being able to split
- Fixed UI elements sometimes not deselecting
- Select Next/Previous functions now works continiously
- The selection is now always sorted correctly
- Reduced width of the data viewer window

0.6 is going to be a big content update. Most of the tracks in the game are being remade because they are badly designed. Quite a few of the layouts are already done and now just need the environments modeled. 0.6 will also be introducing a tournament grid system, where you can setup your own grids that unlock in a radius as you complete events starting from the middle.

The first stable release of Multiplayer should be done with 0.6, the unstable branch will keep getting updates with multiplayer fixes in meantime.

I didn't want to say it, because I'm not a WipEout pro by any means, but I agree that most of the tracks felt subpar or had elements that could have been iterated on to be much better and have that good WipEout "rollercoaster" feel.

Mechazawa

Glad to see online's coming in the next update for the non-beta.

Hopefully I'll be able to find someone actually playing.

Unicorn

http://steamcommunity.com/games/473770/announcements/detail/366309910480476244
Hey everyone, got some update news regarding the progress on 0.6.

0.6 is turning out to be quite a big update. Most of the standard tracks are being made again from scratch, an event based campaign is being introduced and there has been loads of extra additions, fixes and optimizations.

Tracks
The tracks being remade are Harpstone, Aciknovae, Zephyr Ridge, Utah Project, Ishtar Citadel, Maceno Bay, Omega Harbour, possibly Luna and the prototype tracks. Most of the tracks have already been updated and are rather ready to go or just need a few more things added and changes to bring them to life. Screenshots can be found at the bottom of this announcement!

0.6 is not going to be the end of tracks, as further into the future there is going to be 4 tracks dedicated to the drag ships. These will be used for unlocking the drag ships. Survival mode will also be getting its own set of tracks that are designed for reaching the speeds you can reach.

Campaign
The campaign is going to be split up into several event grids hosted by different corporations in the games universe. Each grid gets bigger and harder as you progress through them. You unlock the grids linearly, you have to get a certain amount of points in the previous grid to unlock the next, and once you've collected enough points and earned enough medals you'll get to play the Barracuda challenege, which is how you will unlock Barracuda!

Physics Updates
The handling of the ships has been tweaked slightly. Ships now slide a lot more, but they do so in a controlled manner. The airbrakes let you drift around corners exactly the same, but normal steering feels a lot slippier now too. The game can now also support non-flat track features such as loops, while nothing too exciting will be coming in the standard tracks, you can expect such track features to be experimented with in the future!

Wall collisions have also seen a huge improvement. It's now much harder for the ship to slide over the walls, scraping is no longer chancing your shield energy! Wall collision damage has also been greatly reduced so you're less likely to die from the walls alone.

Gameplay Updates
The AI can now use junctions and pitlanes! The AI randomly decide which junctions they want to take with a 50/50 chance and the AI will only enter the pitlanes if they're running low on shield energy.

New weapons are also being introduced, one of them already implemented. These weapons will be the Transfer Beam, Hunter and Hellstorm. Weapons are now no longer randomly given to you too, there are conditions that have to be met for you to get them. For instance if you're in first then you won't get any projectile weapons and if you're in last then you won't get mines.

When you are warned of a weapon you now get an icon displayed on screen for a few seconds letting you know what weapon you're being warned about.

All voices are now lined up in a buffer too, if multiple voices play then the latest voice will wait for current voices to finish as to not create a mess of audio.

Ship speeds have also been balanced. GTek is no longer several speed classes slower then Nexus. It's still pretty slow in comparison, but you're not going to be falling asleep piloting it anymore.

Graphics Updates
Ships now have proper shadows generated for them, no more blobs. PS1 vertex truncation emulation has also been vastly improved, so if you left that option enabled then you should be pleased by the improvments coming up.

Modding Tools
The track creator has seen several new features and fixes since 0.5.2. You can now import a background image to use a template, there's a new unlocked tilt creation mode so you can easily create crazier track layouts and you can now use the prototype environment design for testing.

The ship importer is going to be remade for this update too. You are going to now get hell of a lot more control over ship settings, nearly all of the settings exposed to us will be there for you to edit! These include everything to do with hovering, airbrakes, hover rotation and ship tilt. The game has also had supprt for multiple engines since 0.5.1 so you'll finally be able to setup multiple engines.

A layer of security has also been added, whenever you load a ship the workshop uploader will now be disabled unless the item isn't already on the workshop or you are the owner of that item. There's a lot of reuploads on the workshop so this will help fight that.

And finally, the file browser has been completely remade. Not only is it much faster at loading folders, but it also now handles both loading and saving. No more crap with the game creating the files where it wants to create them, you'll have control over that now.

Release Date
Right now we don't have an absolute release date, though it can be expected the update will come about around Christmas or just after.

27b77140384fd5112d2e24c5ab4ac904.jpg
ba50fa51e05a43a3d11bac7cd3eb44f4.jpg
529008340ad703757f003d4857c8d4a9.jpg
69388df5fa8cbc3a6f036cf5a0692f18.jpg
2635669ea200a623076c1bc5fc71d82e.jpg
Latest post - as of today.
Hoping for a spectacular Christmas present though!

This looks amazing. Did they build it all from the ground up ? It looks extremely close to the old ps1 games (but with more modern rendering techniques which is a nice blend of old and new) if so I hope they'd consider releasing a ps4 version (with 4 player split screen). I'd probably pick that up to couch play with friends.

Unicorn

http://steamcommunity.com/games/473770/announcements/detail/289750654263038336

The main portion of 0.6 is now done, all that's left now is to start making finishing touches and fixing bugs.

Because of cicumstances related to the rest of the team being really busy with education at the moment, Maceno Bay isn't going to be updated for 0.6 (we're looking at it being finished for 0.7). Ishtar Citadel will also be staying the same for a bit, there needs to be some more time for planning to really figure out what we want to do with it.

Release Date
To mention this first, like before the current target release date is for christmas. It's not 100% certain that it will be for christmas, but we're working hard to try and get everything done before then.

New Menu
0.6 is going to be bringing a new shiny interface. Text has been scaled down and there's a bit more going on. It's no longer just text on a plain background, it now has various graphical elements.

Track Selection
The track selection menu now has 3d previews!

Fast Navigation
The menus now have a new fast navigation feature, this can be toggled on and off to prevent any conflicts with possible key bindings. The idea is that each button is tied to a number key so you can quickly get through the menu with just a few key presses. After a while you should get used to certain patterns and be able to very quickly get into the game without much effort at all.

This new interface design carries across to all menus in the game.

Campaign Grids
Campaign grids as mentioned in an earlier progress report are going to be the way you unlock new ships. These will also provide you with set goals to complete, once you complete most of the campaign events you'll then get to play the Barracuda challenge where you can then unlock Barracuda.

The background graphics are still a work in progress, but this is roughly what the grids will look like.

Multiplayer
Multiplayer will be available in the stable branch starting with the release of 0.6. Likelyhood is that it will still be a bit buggy, multiplayer is planned to have more attention later down the line. We don't really have the resources to do huge amounts of testing ourselves, even with a bunch of people on our discord server helping break it as much as possible it's a bit fiddly to try and get right.

We're excited to get this version out to people, a lot has changed the past few months and we can't wait to get it out for you to try!

Ohhhhh shit this is the same fan game that was being worked on by a bunch of Wipeoutzone members right? Splitstream GX or something to that effect initially? It looks amazing holy shit

Accoun

Ohhhhh shit this is the same fan game that was being worked on by a bunch of Wipeoutzone members right? Splitstream GX or something to that effect initially? It looks amazing holy shit

From what I remember: this is at least some of the same people. Slipstream GX needed a major overhaul, since a lot of the team weren't experienced coders when they started and this was a side project by some of the rest plus I think some new people.

[FAUX EDIT]
What if I told you I was the guy that came up with SlipstreamGX and I've been working on BallisticNG with some other SlipstreamGX team members?

BallisticNG is VonSnake's brainchild, we decided to give him a hand after he helped us with some issues with SlipstreamGX's physics model.
Since SlipstreamGX's code is being rewritten and the programmers don't have that much free time on their hands, we can't really do much in terms of adding tracks and stuff to the game, so we took some "time off" to help with BallisticNG.

I wouldn't call BallisticNG lower quality. Its purpose is to emulate the PS1 Wipeout look and feel, which it has accomplished pretty well in my opinion. BallisticNG actually started as a modern looking game, but the change in art style was decided mid development by both VonSnake himself and the guys from SSGX that were helping and if I remember correctly the Wipeout community over at WipeoutZone.com which served as an excellent incubator for both SSGX and BNG.

We will return to SSGX sometime, there's a lot of stuff to be done in order to finish the game.

Also the last SSGX version to be released was a Wipeout 20th Anniversary edition with Korodera and all the classic Wipeout ships, downloadable here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bynv55aACDzWQXVtWDVtZGljU3c/view
Sorta glitchy because that was compiled as the code was being rewritten, which also means the normal stuff is locked due to the game being half broken.

From what I remember: this is at least some of the same people. Slipstream GX needed a major overhaul, since a lot of the team weren't experienced coders when they started and this was a side project by some of the rest plus I think some new people.

[FAUX EDIT]

Oh damn, that's a super cool story; I remember I was follow ssgx back in the day, so it's great to hear that those folks are still going

Unicorn

http://steamcommunity.com/games/473770/announcements/detail/289751708991434843
BallisticNG 0.6 is out! This is releasing much earlier then expected, setting up the campaign didn't take nearly as long as expected.

Multiplayer is now open for everyone! Do note it is still in development, there's going to be bugs but it should be playable. You'll be warned before playing of this.

Note 1: Maceno Bay and Ishtar Citadel have been updated, but they are currently setup as prototype work in progress tracks. They don't have any scenary as of yet, those will be introduced later.

Note 2: People who have helped test 0.6 have found that old save files could potentially bug the game. If the game becomes unstable (music manager not properly working, campaigns not working), backup any ship and time files and delete the UserData folder to have a new fresh one created for you when you launch the game.

If you have the 2097 aniversary DLC you will need to redownload it as it was rebuilt to support shader updates. You can download the new version from the new additional content menu, which can be accessed from the root of the main menu.

Leaderboards have also been reset.

Changelog:
Content
Nearly all of the tracks in the game have been updated
Updated Wyvern ship design
Updated drag ship liveries
Added single-player campaign
A lot of sounds have been updated
Visuals
Added texture filtering options
Added lens effects option
Added reflective ocean option (this will be primarly for custom tracks)
Removed camera damage and tonemapping options
Improved accuracy of Playstation One vertex truncation option
Survival mode has had large changes to its visual design, ship has also been updated
Ships now have proper shadow shapes generated for them
Updated many particle effects and added new effects
Gameplay
AI can now use junctions and pitlanes
Greatly improved wall collisions and introduced new turn slide force to make ships slide more when steering
Increased airbrake drag falloff, recovering speed from heavy airbraking is faster
Reduced wall collision damage
An icon of weapons you are warned about is now displayed on the HUD
The shield bar now flickers when you take damage
Voices are now played through a buffer to stop voices overlapping
Mines are now destroyed by quakes
The autopilot now engages a shield when running
The weapons you get from weapon pads is now determined by your position
Modding Tools
Added sound pack reference to modding tools menu (this is automatically updated whenever new sounds are added to the game)
Large file browser update - it now handles both loading and saving of files
Ship importer has been remade from the ground up
Track Creator
Added birdseye camera mode
Added image plane (see docs for hotkeys)
Added developer tools menu for debugging
FIxed average/soft selection issues if only one segment is selected
FIxed track tint color being defauled to grey in playmode
Added prototype environment set
Added select all command (ctrl + a)
Added track scale command (shift + s)
Added track flip command (shift + f)
Added exit jump flag (use these on the very last segment of any junctions that exits as a jump instead of being connected)
Fixes and other changes
Jump zones are now correctly flipped in mirror mode
Splitscreen weapon buttons are now correctly seperated
Weapons now have seperate colliders for the track, giving you more leanway near walls to use them without them exploding
Workshop ships now work if you are offline
Improved track section detection, this will prevent large skips and make sure the game knows where you are exactly at any given time
Ship-Track rotations have been updated to use a barycentric coordinate (rotations are now buttery smooth)
Updated all tracks to read lighting from inside their scene instead of files stored on-disk (the lighting folder has been removed)
Ships can no longer fall through the floor from large jumps
You can now limit leaderboards to friends only
Leaderboard support for DLC has been added
Loads of other bug fixes that havn't been documented

Future Roadmap
This is something worth mentioning as BallisticNG development is going to be much less about content from here on out and more about patching up and finishing systems in the game.

0.7 - This will be focused on modding. This update will introduce the track importer and ability to share and play custom tracks. More information will be coming soon.

0.8 - This will be focused on finishing up Multiplayer and getting it into the best possible state it can be in.

0.9 - This will be focused on patching the game up, fixing as many bugs as possible and preparing the game for it's intial release.

1.0 - The first big release, this will basically just be more of 0.9.

Survival mode is Zen mode from WipEout HD - even has the same VR look and different ship livery and color changing speed classes.

Update is really good, but I feel wall bounces went back to too slippery. Feels closer to HD than the PSX, just a tad.

Unicorn

http://store.steampowered.com/news/?appids=473770

Hey everyone, a patch for 0.6 has just been released. It's primarily bug fixes, though there has been some small tweaks to the physics as well. There's been some large optimizations to the game too. We're really interested to see how much of a difference this makes, so if you've been experiencing performance issues in the game let us know how this update goes!

Changelog:
Ship-track collisions are now disabled when respawning
Made tweaks to airbrake physics
A bunch of CPU optimizations
Fixed start line and checkpoint related issue on 0x001
Fixed campaign being playable in 2280 and hyper modes
Fixed campaign not being setup unless you first select a tile
Fixed the autopilot being able to still control the ship after an elimination
Fixed Aciknovae not playing its introduction voice
Fixed pressing hyperthrust button still brightening engine flare even if shielding is under 25%
Fixed 2280 mode sideshift inputs registering for double taping oposite airbrakes
Fixed memory leak on ship selection screen

Unicorn

^ Reading that fixed list sounds like the game is broken. ;)

Not anymore! They fixed it!

Haha, I didn't notice any of those bugs, personally. Game feels great to me. I'm still in shock this thing exists as it is exactly what I've been wanting from WipEout for years - the PSX feel and aesthetic but with better graphics and more options.

Boy oh boy, I cannot wait for the breadth and creativity of tracks people will make and share!

BallisticNG just updated to 0.6.2! This update brings in some more tweaks to the ship physics, tweaks to the camera, addresses some player weapon feedback, fixes a couple more bugs and contains some more optimizations.

Changelog:
Improved track tile color update effeciancy
Drastically reduced garbage collection allocations
The AG bike is now hidden from the ship turntable when locked
Minor tweaks to ship handling and track chase camera
Tweaked Track 09 Layout
The transfer beam is now only given to you if you're not in first place, the epack is now only given to you if you are in first place
Ships are no longer slowed down by tremors when it has a shield activated
Ships are no longer slowed down by tremors when flying above them
Fixed sounds starting to play when exiting photomode
Fixed track floor being able to disspear (was introduced in 0.6.1)
Fixed wall scraping particles stil emitting if a ship is scraping a wall with a shield activated

The optimizations in this update should mostly help reduce stuttering on lower-end CPUs, you should get a few extra FPS in general though.

The camera tweaks should make the ships feel a lot smoother to handle, the ships will now feel heavy when they land too. The handling tweaks only apply to some ships and changes the grip and steering gain/falloffs.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/91593398111415908

Needless to say, I've discovered this game like a week ago and I'm tripping balls. It's incredible, they just nailed it.

They even made that 2280 mode that resembles WipEout HD in everything. Even distorting music when you're flying because a jump. Even the items. Even the side slide!

I don't know what to say, and these guys are releasing lots of patches. They are really active with the development.

It's a real pity these kind of games are so buried down, way below the popular ones :(

data

Is this game really difficult or do I just suck? The only Wipeut I've played are Wipeout HD Fury and Pulse on the PSP but I never felt like they were too hard but this one I'm just hitting walls every 5 seconds

-Amon-

I would like to know how this beatiful thing run on a laptop with 16 gigs of ram, a good I7 cpu and a Nvidia gtx750M ( sigh ).

Any experience ?

Is this game really difficult or do I just suck? The only Wipeut I've played are Wipeout HD Fury and Pulse on the PSP but I never felt like they were too hard but this one I'm just hitting walls every 5 seconds

As every AG racer, yes, it's difficult. But if you've only played WipEout HD, check an option that is labeled as "2280 mode" that simulates WipEout HD gameplay. And it simulates pretty well. Like really well.

Unicorn

http://steamcommunity.com/games/473770/announcements/detail/272866376017245493

Hey everyone! Today we’ve got some big news regarding development of the game. All the information you need to know is below, but in summary we are looking at extending BallisticNG further then we originally aimed. We will however need some financial backing if we are to do this. As of posting this announcement we have started a Patreon campaign, which you can find here: https://www.patreon.com/Neognosis

As a small group of three working on a free title we don't have the funds to continue developing BallisticNG too much further in the long term. There are many goals that we would love to hit but simply can't because of time and financial constraints. We stand by BallisticNG being a free game and we will never change that; but by supporting us on Patreon you can help provide us with the income we need to take this from what has so far been a hobby into a full-time line of work.

If we can achieve that then we plan to take BallisticNG as it is now, reprogram the core and expand upon it to provide a much more fleshed out racing experience.

Making these changes will take a while. We fully understand any stigmas or concerns that are involved when doing such tasks, such as games dying or entering an infinite development state where they never reach completion. To combat this, we have set out clear goals for ourselves to measure against and we would like to provide people with the opportunity to get their hands on every change and improvement as soon as it happens.

If we are not able to get the financial backing for this then we will simply continue on with development as it is now, with a target final release date in Summer 2017 with the goals we mentioned in the v0.6 release announcement. We would love to have the opportunity to extend the game further though.

We want people to gain something through their supporting us straight away, so if you donate to us through Patreon you will be given access to our development branch: a version of BallisticNG that is usually updated daily with all of the latest features, fixes, and immidiate corrections directly in response to player feedback. This branch represents the most current, cutting-edge state of the game as it exists on our own PCs. If you have previously donated to us through Itch.IO, check your inbox!

OUR PLANS:

Below is a list of plans. This list can also be found on the Patreon page.
- Reprogram a large portion of the game to optimize it further and modularize everything. This will improve performance, speed up future development and allow us to implement new gamemodes, settings and content very easily.
- Vastly improve the modding tools. Our vision with the modding tools is to provide an intuitive and polished set of tools that casual users can pick up instantly and advanced users can dive into to make something amazing to share with people. We would also love to provide people with a scripting environment to program their own gamemodes and weapons with.
- Allow the game to read more industry standard file formats for modding such as FBX and DAE for models and TGA for textures.
- Extend upon multiplayer. Provide new features such as ingame chat, voice chat and rewrite the underlying structure to provide anti-cheat, stability and much, much better synchronization between players.
- Rewrite and standardize the user interface, improving user experience.
- Introduce a replay and replay editing system that allows you to share your best races with others and produce videos of your races with a set of tools to manipulate the camera and apply effects in realtime.
- Introduce an extended singleplayer campaign that provides content rewards including alternative ship skins and badges.

All these features are primarily an extension of the current game. While being funded will naturally give us the time to make supplementary improvements such as updating track scenery and ingame effects, the fundamental goal is to take the game we have now and make it even better. Ships will continue to handle exactly like they currently do and the game will continue to use the retro-3D artstyle.

BNG AND YOU

We would like to take this time to thank everyone who has been playing the game so far! We are positively blessed to have picked up such a strongly knit community so far and it's an honour to see so many people in our channels enjoying what we've created. We really appreciate your feedback, both positive and negative, and we hope that we can bring you all the best game possible. We are infinitely grateful to anyone who can find some spare change to throw our way once a month - making games is what we want to do, and to be able to make a living off of our passion could only be called a dream come true.

Thank you all!

I hope the team can get some financial support as what they have created so far has fulfilled longtime WipEout fans' largest desire for a core WipEout experience with tools to mod and increase the breadth of content. Their goals are fairly modest, IMO and only add to what is there rather than drastically change the core package. I was hesitant until reading the post.

Such a shame this game is so little known. I want to help them on Patreon, but they are stuck at 88$ per month. I don't know if that idea is going to sprout.

Anyway, 0.6.3 patch notes:

Changelog:

Fixed track creator exporting the tunnel mesh with a messed up extension
Fixed mesh import issues in ship importer
Fixed some minor audio issues
Updated team liveries
Redesigned racebox menu
Added new work in progress Luna (original Luna is available in the vault)
Added new options to racebox menu
Added global environmental reverb
Mines now slow you down less but have a longer lasting acceleration hit
After you die the camera will shortly switch over to the racers overview
Two alternative racing lines are now calculated that AI can determine to follow
Removed checkpoints
Added virtual and hardcore options
Removed wormhole pickup
Added custom ship ship categories (see below for more information)
Ship contrail effects have been updated
Added ship reflections (see graphics options)
Arrivon VI and Nova Split from the 2097 Anniversary DLC have been added into the base game (see the others menu, these will also be getting an update in the future)
Updated cannon projectile effect

Note: The game is now running on Unity 5.6 Beta 4 to utilize some new features. Because of the implementation of a new media playback library the game will now no longer launch on Windows XP. There could also potentionally be some engine-based bugs. In case something game-breaking pops up, please let us know. Because this is more of an experimental update, we have added a new previous branch to Steam, this branch is currently set to 0.6.2 so you can revert to the previous version if need be.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
this honestly nails the wipeout aesthetic better than any of the official wipeouts post-3 did, looks great

Top Bottom