• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil 6 Info: Splitscreen, Co-Op/Online Info, Run/Fire, Demo, Ash/Sherry?

Gravijah

glad someone else agrees. it started off so good and then became a shitty, generic action fest.

to be fair, i really did enjoy re:r (mostly because of raid mode, and because the gameplay is still top notch re4 style) but let's not pretend it was some return to classic RE. it was a stage based action game with a sprinkling of moments that make you wish they had truly went all out on making it "survival horror."

to be fair, i really did enjoy re:r (mostly because of raid mode, and because the gameplay is still top notch re4 style) but let's not pretend it was some return to classic RE. it was a stage based action game with a sprinkling of moments that make you wish they had truly went all out on making it "survival horror."

I liked it enough overall but I was severely disappointed in it after about 3 hours or so into it. I hated how the story kept hopping around especially to those two guys that were the RE equivalent of Transformers 2's Mudflap and Skids.

Riposte

Claire and Jill are now sisters. Now we just need the series's other obvious pairing to hook up and we can all be one big happy family.

(Should have been Sheva)

Beth Cyra

I liked it enough overall but I was severely disappointed in it after about 3 hours or so into it. I hated how the story kept hopping around especially to those two guys that were the RE equivalent of Transformers 2's Mudflap and Skids.

I would agree they where bad. However out of all the new characters they where actually my favorite. Ms. Crazy Spandex and Red Haired Dude where much worse to me becuase they actually tried to play them seriously.

If they weren't in the game, then I don't think anyone would have been upset.

Gravijah

once you realize the "open" nature of the ship is just a lie, the magic really starts to wear off. overall, i'd describe the game as... schizophrenic.

CamHostage

Come on guys, bogus.

Usually linking to scans is bad, but since the scans are on Capcom's own site, surely they can't go after NeoGAF if they can't police themselves (plus, 99% sure.) Can we not risk the banhammer with a link?

once you realize the "open" nature of the ship is just a lie, the magic really starts to wear off. overall, i'd describe the game as... schizophrenic.

Can't you go anywhere you want on the ship after a certain point? I got myself into some trouble by wandering pretty far afield...

salromano

Definitely fake. GI wouldn't use old art. Late April Fools' Day joke, I think.

OQF8f.jpg

Mr. Fix

Good to see it cleared up. Still not expecting too much from this though. We should hear something from this game next week, when the embargo from Captivate is lifted.

RE6 is clearly inspired by more than just Call of Duty, guys. They are adding a sexual element to the series by allowing you to pair up with different people in the game just like Mass Effect.

-Ashley
-Leon
-Jill
-New Wesker
-The president
-Hunnigan

It's a smart move. It appeals to just about everyone at this point. This is a brilliant move.

MechaX

I know Crapcom are not exactly the great bastion of talented writers but that's a bit too much even for RE.

Are you forgetting this is the same series with Midget Napoleon, a trench-coat wearing guy who becomes a female electric tyrant with high-heels, and a guy who cross-dresses as his sister?

BD1

Banned
Even though it's fake, I do wonder how Capcom is going to break up the different story threads. I assume it'll be like Revlations: Bouncing between characters and chapter based.

Beth Cyra

Even though it's fake, I do wonder how Capcom is going to break up the different story threads. I assume it'll be like Revlations: Bouncing between characters and chapter based.

I really hope this isn't the case. If the trailer do represent the game the it could be three very different styles and shifting from one level to another would suck to me.

Hopimg for an RE1/2 style.

Replicant

Are you forgetting this is the same series with Midget Napoleon, a trench-coat wearing guy who becomes a female electric tyrant with high-heels, and a guy who cross-dresses as his sister?

I...completely forgot those plot points and for good reasons too. Where are they from? I'm guessing one of them is from Code Veronica X?

Replicant

One is from Code Veronica, another one is from Dead Aim.

Oh, no wonder I never heard that one before. I haven't played many of the non-main series of RE.

To be fair, RE didn't go outright ridiculous until post RE3. It was after that we got more craaaziees than Biohazard creatures.

cvxfreak

I'm hoping for an RE2-style set up. Just choose a scenario and then move onto the next one.

Aggelos

I need to ascertain, to assure myself whether this is going to have dual voice over (recorded) like Biohazard Revelations. Notwithstanding, the JP voice over was a surprise in that game, as the last time they had recorded JP voice-over for a Biohazard game was in fact the original RE1.

Let's hope that director Eichiro Sasaki will deliver quality. It was startling news to see the BioHazard Outbreak director handed down the responsibility of the highly-expected/anticipated Biohazard 6 (as Capcom takes pride in boasting of the magnitude and significance that the project possesses.) Furthermore, let's pray that Capcom will port someday Bio Revelations to PS360.

Mr. Fix

I'm just hoping they actually include Claire, Jill and all the other mercenaries characters this time. 6 player co-op's got me interested. Don't screw up like you did with Mercs3D capcom.
Who am I kidding, you'll probably leave them out or charge them as DLC, you bastards!

Top Bottom