• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Resident Evil 6 Info: Splitscreen, Co-Op/Online Info, Run/Fire, Demo, Ash/Sherry?

The random jumping down-punch is too much for me. Who pulls Jet Li moves on zombies? It's like the idea of zombies are a total joke now.

Thank God the main antagonist of the series doesn't come straight out of The Matrix.

If the credits don't end with Alex donning a leather trench-coat, putting on a pair a shades indoors, and adopting an English accent as he utters "Absolute global saturation" I'll be disappointed.

Thank God the main antagonist of the series doesn't come straight out of The Matrix.

If the credits don't end with Alex donning a leather trench-coat, putting on a pair a shades indoors, and adopting an English accent as he utters "Absolute global saturation" I'll be disappointed.

I hope Wesker is inside of his arm.

Neiteio

I didn't say they should drop them, did I? But they present 6. Count them: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 leads/supporting characters. And yet, NONE of them is of any race other than white. Why is it not okay to complain that in a city like Hong Kong, Chris can't partnered up with a local police/BSAA agent?

And why is the agent that is suppose to follow the bald guy is Ashley? Ashley, the president daughter instead of some agent who actually have training. Are we going to argue about plot construction here when in fact, inclusion of colored character can be easily argued for in this case?
We don't know what purpose Ashley serves in the plot. For all we know, the president's daughter being tangled up in whatever Mr. Mercenary has going on in Eastern Europe could be very important and wouldn't make sense with any other character. If you're even vaguely suggesting she was picked because she's white, well, um, I don't know what to say. Go back to RE5 and play as Sheva or Josh (Mercs)?

Teknoman

Either Ada Wong is going to come back, or they're going to introduce another hero character as Chris's true partner in his scenario. Maybe even a first day police recruit as a nice throw back? They already went back to the classic Resident Evil title voice.

Cant figure out how to slow down the gifs without making them seem choppy.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
And why is the agent that is suppose to follow the bald guy is Ashley? Ashley, the president daughter instead of some agent who actually have training. Are we going to argue about plot construction here when in fact, inclusion of colored character can be easily argued for in this case?
Well Ashley is a legal adult now so she wants to find Leon and thank him the way she always wanted to. Did you see how manly he is?

Either Ada Wong is going to come back, or they're going to introduce another hero character as Chris's true partner in his scenario. Maybe even a first day police recruit as a nice throw back? They already went back to the classic Resident Evil title voice.

Cant figure out how to slow down the gifs without making them seem choppy.

Speaking of Ada, I hope they don't redesign her to look like shit, she was perfect in RE4.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr

I think it's this guy:

coopguy.jpg

resident-evil-6-20120119040959717.jpg

He's even with Chris in the snow area.

Beth Cyra

God that Chris pic, he is starting to look old, or really angry. He and Leon will need to pass the torch sometime given Capcom is actually letting the characters age.

Kaldea

I'm somehow doubting Ada will have much of anything (or they will completely ruin her) in this game knowing Capcom. I wish she would just get a main role for once instead of bonus/unlockable missions. :/

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Yo dawg, I'm pretty sure when they fucking nuked Raccoon City it became pretty well known who had experience in dealing with zombies. I don't think they'd have to play by the book to say they're coming in to sort shit out before it gets so bad another place has to be nuked.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
God that Chris pic, he is starting to look old, or really angry. He and Leon will need to pass the torch sometime given Capcom is actually letting the characters age.

He's screaming angrily in that scene.

This is what he normally looks like:

full-9.jpg

This is him in RE5 for comparison:

resident-evil-5-20090204092129613.jpg

alf717

I was OK with how they handled Leon's look in RE4 but when Chris was all roided up for RE5 I was disappointed with that look. The original RE5 Chris looked fine though. The game is not looking to be the reboot I was expecting so I'm not hyped at all for it. Maybe RE7 will provide the much needed reboot this series needs. Heck I would take a spin off title so long as they went back to the survival horror roots.

Vamphuntr

"The best horror entertainment ever"

I have to agree so far as I was quite horrified by that trailer.

Hopefully it's at least fun. 2-6 online? You get to play as the rest of Chris' squad or some kind of horde mode coded by Slant Six?

My man Chris, losing some of them muscles.

He only looks slightly less muscular to me, and it's hard to tell because of the lighting.

He's still really jacked, and that's the way I like him. His RE5 makeover was the best thing that ever happened to him.

"The best horror entertainment ever"

I have to agree so far as I was quite horrified by that trailer.

Hopefully it's at least fun. 2-6 online? You get to play as the rest of Chris' squad or some kind of horde mode coded by Slant Six?

Maybe it's... I got nothing.

Neiteio

They could pull a L4D and have some players be mutants. 5v1, with the solo player being Nemesis?

But that would be racist against mutants. :-\

Grisby

He only looks slightly less muscular to me, and it's hard to tell because of the lighting.

He's still really jacked, and that's the way I like him. His RE5 makeover was the best thing that ever happened to him.
Yeah, I didn't mind his look in 5. Jill threw me off a bit when I first saw her though but I got used to it.

I wouldn't mind Chris looking slightly moire aged, considering Leon looks like he's put on a few years.

I was OK with how they handled Leon's look in RE4 but when Chris was all roided up for RE5 I was disappointed with that look. The original RE5 Chris looked fine though. The game is not looking to be the reboot I was expecting so I'm not hyped at all for it. Maybe RE7 will provide the much need reboot the series needs. Heck I would take spin off title so long as they went back to the survival horror roots.

I hope RE7 fast forwards like 20 years so everyone's old and worn out. Make way for Resident Hipster, a crop of new young soldiers, agents, dogs, and even young stylish zombies. Have the old crew working out of the Biohazard Base staying in contact through the nanomachine headsets the protagonists are wearing. Old Leon yelling at the player for not suplexing, and Old Chris yelling to take steroids and punch rocks.

seady

Where are the Jews, the Muslims? Why don't any of the characters have facial hair? What do they have against red-heads? Why aren't any of the characters wearing glasses? Why do all the main characters look so good? Why aren't any of them overweight? And while we're at it, why's there only one gay character? Do they think Leon's enough? What about lesbians? Hmm?

Ignorance!

Spoiler!

Capcom's logic is full of contradictions anyway. New Leon looks like the old Dante, but the old Dante wasn't considered cool enough for gamers. Ummm ok

Yeah, I didn't mind his look in 5. Jill threw me off a bit when I first saw her though but I got used to it.

I wouldn't mind Chris looking slightly moire aged, considering Leon looks like he's put on a few years.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind a more mature looking Chris either, but I honestly don't think it'll change him that much. He still looks to be the most conditioned & fit RE character anyway, so I don't think age is going to be a big factor. He's going to be punching boulders well into his years.

Jill is a whole other story, Capcom has lost all grip on what she looks like. She's the new Frank West.

Vamphuntr

Maybe... maybe they're making an entire self-contained Outbreak-inspired mode.

That would be great actually! The Outbreak games were good fun.

But since this is Capcom it has to be westernised so I bet Slant Six or worse will be involved. They've already talked about how some stuff was outsourced so...

Im so happy they are bringing back co-op. Nothing better than playing the game through with a bestfriend. I want more details on the bigger co-op modes.

benzy

This is the same series that did this:

Chris_Redfield.jpg

367304-176796-chris-redfield_super.jpg

They gave him a new haircut that looks more similar to retro-Chris. RE5's haircut looked better on him though.

Now he looks like Sam Fisher, or a more realistic version of that guy in Binary Domain.

kij6g4x0.png

Beth Cyra

They gave him a new haircut that looks more similar to retro-Chris. RE5's haircut looked better on him though.

Now he looks like Sam Fisher, or a more realistic version of that guy in Binary Domain.

kij6g4x0.png

Got to say, he really really looks like Russel Crowe in that pic to me.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Awesome, thanks for the interview Niro, even though I had read it, I had forgotten about it.

Although slightly off topic, do you have a ballpark of other companies?

who are this imaginary people you're reffering too

Unfortunately I can't find the chart right now.

I'll ask around and PM you later if someone else knows where it is though.

Top Bottom