• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Top Gear New Series |OT| No Longer Starring Chris Evans

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
For the lack of a better word, I'd like to see less shoutiness and "comedy" and a bit more sobriety from the three.

The Beard

I still haven't watched the last 3 episodes that are on my DVR. That would've never happened with Clarkson, May, and Hammond. I couldn't wait to watch those guys.

Chris Evans and Matt Leblanc are the least interesting men in the world. Rory was horrible too. What a shitshow its become.

terrible

Banned
I think those three will be pretty good. I'm honestly looking forward to that more than the new episodes of The Grand Tour. That show has disappointed me.

I think those three will be pretty good. I'm honestly looking forward to that more than the new episodes of The Grand Tour. That show has disappointed me.

GT just kind of reminded me that I was already bored of old top gear and it being more of that isnt for me.

Honestly more interested in seeing LeBlanc being front and center now.

If only they could move out of Dunsfold and really make it seem like fresh but I guess that might cost a bit.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
I was just Googling the other day to find out when the next season will air. Looks like it'll be soon.

I look forward to it.

LoveCake

They should just scrap the entire show, just give Chris Harris some money to go and do what he wants, and call the show 'Chris Harris on cars".

The show just has way too much baggage now and even if Jezza, Hammond and May went back to the BBC and carried on doing Top Gear people would find something wrong with it and blame the BBC, what the BBC should have done is have Chris Evans, Chris Harris, Rory Reid and whoever else and just had them reviewing cars and put them on the iPlayer and in a few years bring Top Gear back.

CrayToes

Lol looks good. With Evans gone we might actually get a good season of TG. Should at least be better than the first season of The Grand Tour.

trinest

I assume this means Eddie Jordan and Sabine Schmitz is gone? (lets face it she is clearly the Stig).

Also looks good, don't get the hate, the biggest issue of last season was Chris Evans. Him gone means the show finally move on from the old presenters era.

Also The Grand Tour wasn't that great in a lot of areas, fans of the hosts seem to think just having them makes for something magically- The Grand Tour proves that doesn't.

Gnome

Looks alright, considering how The Grand Tour didn't impress me maybe I should give these new hosts a fair shake.

So they fired everyone, promoted thhe two web guys and kept Joey?

It's the choice I'd have made. I felt like the last series with so many presenters they were hedging their bets. Now they know what Grand Tour is the BBC can relax and stick more to the format that they don't allow GT to go anywhere near.

Fox Mulder

Also The Grand Tour wasn't that great in a lot of areas, fans of the hosts seem to think just having them makes for something magically- The Grand Tour proves that doesn't.

The grand tour is exactly what they were doing in later top gear, just with some legally required changes. It's hit or miss and so was the last few years of their top gear. There still was some great stuff in the grand tour though.

LoveCake

It still looks like they are just trying to be shoehorned into the original rolls and keeping the format exactly the same.

The only parts I enjoyed in the first season were the Chris Harris segments, the tours and races excluded as they were just too forced.

Hopefully this season will be better, but I would still rather just have 'Chris Harris on Cars' back on YouTube.

The Grand Tour didn't excel either imo as I have mentioned in the Grand Tour OT, not going into too much detail here to go off topic, but it wasn't tight enough and felt rushed.

The advert shown a few weeks ago gives me great hope that this will be far better than the fucking train wreck The Grand Tour was. Talk about misunderstanding the audience.

Top Gear and the Switch in one weekend!

I thought the Grand Tour was good. Alot better than Chris Evans Top Gear but not better than OG Top Gear.

I always said - drop Evans and some other clag and it'd be decent. They went with LeBlanc and the two other blokes I'd never heard of before and you know what? I think it'll be actually quite decent.

The other two blokes (lol can't remember names) are actually good on camera.

Making the assumption that this isn't sarcasm, he means the Nintendo Switch.

You just been played son

image.php

AlphaSnake

I thought the Grand Tour was good. Alot better than Chris Evans Top Gear but not better than OG Top Gear.

I always said - drop Evans and some other clag and it'd be decent. They went with LeBlanc and the two other blokes I'd never heard of before and you know what? I think it'll be actually quite decent.

The other two blokes (lol can't remember names) are actually good on camera.

Chris Harris is massively known in car culture. His YouTube page was huge. Him and LeBlanc are the only two legitimate driving pros with a team of mechanics and techs. Reid won the online audition/fan vote contest, and also has his own YouTube page.

Cool, i'm looking forward to this.
I enjoyed the last series much more than i expected so hopefully the show has improved again. I still need to watch episode 4 onwards of Grand Tour too, it just keeps slipping my mind.

post-S

I thought the grand tour is quite underwhelming in the beginning, but they really picked it up in the second half (after the special).

AlphaSnake

Matt, Chris and Rory Reid are tasked with buying a used car with at least 480,000 miles on the clock, and complete a series of challenges in Kazakhstan.

LMAO. This is going to be a great season. I love these kinds of challenges.

I'm on a small Top Gear binge with my Prime account, and man do I miss how natural it felt from season 2 up until 16 or so.

When their cars broke down the laughter was genuinely unplanned and uncontrollable by the team. Clarkson would snort and wheeze, for example. Now, it's just a subdued giggle and grin. Just doesn't feel right anymore.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
New trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKApdYfK-c8

Anyone else getting the feeling that this may actually end up being quite a bit better than GT this season? I sort of am...

Certainly more hopeful than I was prior. Golden Chiron, FXX-K, new GT, etc. That's hard not to get excited about even if we're just talking cinematography
and Chris Harris testing them
alone

I'm less optimistic that they'll have any chemistry. I really don't see it working or feeling any less forced than it was last season. Will still give it a shot.

LoveCake

It starts in just under 30 mins.

I have not seen anything about what is in the ep, surprised to see it on the listings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom