• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

Zafir

Based on your experience should I wait 48 hours for extra 6 pounds or contact Amazon right away?

It took 24 hours for me to get the £6 discount email. That's without contacting Amazon.

With that in mind, I'd say wait, unless you're in a massive hurry for that discount.

OCD Guy

It arrives via email ? Or it's added automatically at the checkout ?

You get an email confirming the credit. It’s then applied automatically when you next checkout.

I got lucky and got £12 in total. I contacted customer services immediately after buying the gift card who gave me a £6 credit and then received the automated email with another £6 the next day.

I wish I had waited and ordered Odyssey for a big discount but I didn’t know at the time that I’d still receive the discount. I didn’t expect to..

OCD Guy

Any good UK Switch bundles out there? Preferably with Mario Kart :)

Best One is on hotukdeals. £299 with a choice of Zelda, mario kart and one other (think splatoon). So it’s 20 quid you’re paying which is decent.

I can’t remember the retailer now though lol but it was one of the big ones. Either way it’s worth a quick search as there’s a few switch deals at the minute, just don’t expect anything with massive discounts.

Any good UK Switch bundles out there? Preferably with Mario Kart :)

Best One is on hotukdeals. £299 with a choice of Zelda, mario kart and one other (think splatoon). So it’s 20 quid you’re paying which is decent.

I can’t remember the retailer now though lol but it was one of the big ones. Either way it’s worth a quick search as there’s a few switch deals at the minute, just don’t expect anything with massive discounts.

I think This is the deal you're talking about.

It's Actually £309 and you can pick between neon or grey and choose between Splatoon 2, Zelda, and Mario Kart 8.

wol93

Banned
You get an email confirming the credit. It’s then applied automatically when you next checkout.

I got lucky and got £12 in total. I contacted customer services immediately after buying the gift card who gave me a £6 credit and then received the automated email with another £6 the next day.

I wish I had waited and ordered Odyssey for a big discount but I didn’t know at the time that I’d still receive the discount. I didn’t expect to..

Lol so lucky
Somebody else ha contacted the customer support and got the credit ?

pbsapeer

Banned
Hoping for a decent ps4 deal over black Friday in the UK. My launch PS4 is pretty loud and I'd like one of the newer models. Although the pro is maybe too expensive so probably just get a slim.

Hoping for a decent ps4 deal over black Friday in the UK. My launch PS4 is pretty loud and I'd like one of the newer models. Although the pro is maybe too expensive so probably just get a slim.

You just missed the perfect chance for this. GAME were offering the 1tb slim PS4 bundle with FIFA 18 for £80 when you trade in an original console. Sell FIFA for £40 and it'd be £39.99 for a 500gb upgrade in a new PS4!

Worth looking at them around the release of CoD because they may do the same again if there are official bundles.

pbsapeer

Banned
You just missed the perfect chance for this. GAME were offering the 1tb slim PS4 bundle with FIFA 18 for £80 when you trade in an original console. Sell FIFA for £40 and it'd be £39.99 for a 500gb upgrade in a new PS4!

Worth looking at them around the release of CoD because they may do the same again if there are official bundles.
Damn that does sound good ☹️☹️☹️

ty_hot

Fnac.es has a great discount on the PS4 Pro:

409 euros for:

PS4 Pro 1TB
GT Sport
5% back on your Fnac membership card (around 20)
68 euros back (fnac card) as well (17th Fnac Spain anniversary, 17 euros back per 100 spent)

That brings the Pro for around 320 with GT Sport.

edit.
There are a few Switches as well:
315 euros , and you get 51 euros back to spend at Fnac (games probably?).

NateDog

Anyone here used HMV UK? Looking to order an exclusive there but not sure how they are for getting stuff out in time for release day and whether they take payment immediately or not.

Gunkankun

Fnac.es has a great discount on the PS4 Pro:

409 euros for:

PS4 Pro 1TB
GT Sport
5% back on your Fnac membership card (around 20)
68 euros back (fnac card) as well (17th Fnac Spain anniversary, 17 euros back per 100 spent)

That brings the Pro for around 320 with GT Sport.

edit.
There are a few Switches as well:
315 euros , and you get 51 euros back to spend at Fnac (games probably?).
Do they ship internationally?

Mathrin

Anyone here used HMV UK? Looking to order an exclusive there but not sure how they are for getting stuff out in time for release day and whether they take payment immediately or not.

I didn't even know their online side was live again...

Fxp

I realized too late that extra Amazon UK credit can't be used to purchase Mario's download code, just retail copy :(

If anyone still didn't know, I just pre-ordered Mario Odyssey on Switch from Amazon for £39.99, download and physical copies available. Prime members only.

Hey gaffers
I'm interested in some bundles at bundle stars
Is this site reliable?
Thank you

Yeah bundle stars is pretty legit, they always have some big sale going on so keep your eye on them. Also I don't know if this applies but there might be and extra 5% off code that they usually have so check on that.

On to my question, if you buy an Amazon digital game, is there any way to gift it or give the code away. Want to preorder Mario Odyssey for my brother and don't know if there is a way to give him the code.

DagsJT

Yeah bundle stars is pretty legit, they always have some big sale going on so keep your eye on them. Also I don't know if this applies but there might be and extra 5% off code that they usually have so check on that.

On to my question, if you buy an Amazon digital game, is there any way to gift it or give the code away. Want to preorder Mario Odyssey for my brother and don't know if there is a way to give him the code.

Amazon just give you a code, you just send that code on.

wol93

Banned

I've used it a few times without problems.

Thank you both :)

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
Heads up, AustriaGAF, Müller has -20% on games starting tomorrow until the 31st (meaning Mario will be included).

Saoshyant

The Witcher: Enhanced Edition Director's Cut is £1.04 on Steam right now

As someone who's never played a Witcher game before, is this worth the time in today's climate? Or should I just skip to 2 or 3?

Obviously the price here isn't even a consideration, it's more about whether the first game is worth the time investment.

(The Witcher 3 GOTY is £14 on Steam as well right now)

All Witcher games are good on their own way, but it's hard to come back from each sequel, so if you want to play them all, best start with the first. It will test your tolerance for old videogame junk, though, since it's the first game from an unproven studio and you will want to install the mod that changes how battles work to be more akin to Witcher 2.

Dambrosi

Banned

Oh, so that's what that was? I paid for my Mario yesterday with my gift card balance and got £12 off. A pleasant surprise, to be sure, but I had no idea why.

chunk3rvd

Check your order page on Amazon. There may be a button to apply the remaining gift card balance to your order

Bendo

As someone who's never played a Witcher game before, is this worth the time in today's climate? Or should I just skip to 2 or 3?

Obviously the price here isn't even a consideration, it's more about whether the first game is worth the time investment.

I'd argue you should just jump straight to 3. It does everything the previous games do, just better. It's also like 120h, more than enough game for most people.

Cronen

The Witcher 3 was my first game in the series, and it is hands down one of my favourite games of all time. I do intend to go back to The Witcher and The Witcher 2 at some point, and I know it will be tough to do.

I would personally recommend jumping straight to The Witcher 3, and if you enjoy it look at picking up the first two games (The Witcher is always around £1 and The Witcher 2 at £2-3 in Steam sales).

Mascot

All Witcher games are good on their own way, but it's hard to come back from each sequel, so if you want to play them all, best start with the first. It will test your tolerance for old videogame junk, though, since it's the first game from an unproven studio and you will want to install the mod that changes how battles work to be more akin to Witcher 2.

I'd argue you should just jump straight to 3. It does everything the previous games do, just better. It's also like 120h, more than enough game for most people.

The Witcher 3 was my first game in the series, and it is hands down one of my favourite games of all time. I do intend to go back to The Witcher and The Witcher 2 at some point, and I know it will be tough to do.

I would personally recommend jumping straight to The Witcher 3, and if you enjoy it look at picking up the first two games (The Witcher is always around £1 and The Witcher 2 at £2-3 in Steam sales).

Thanks for the advice. I was kind of leaning that way so it's good to get confirmation. Is £14 for the GOTY an unlike-to-be-beaten price, even for Steam sales? I have a sizeable backlog to plough through first and would want to dedicate myself entirely to this one, so there's no rush.

Cronen

Thanks for the advice. I was kind of leaning that way so it's good to get confirmation. Is £14 for the GOTY an unlike-to-be-beaten price, even for Steam sales? I have a sizeable backlog to plough through first and would want to dedicate myself entirely to this one, so there's no rush.

It's currently £13.99 on Steam, and looking at SteamDB that's the cheapest it's been so far. Steam is also selling the base game for £12.49, and the expansion pass for £9.99 - so the GOTY edition is the way to go. I have to imagine it may be this sort of price again on Steam around Christmas, but that's just a guess!

Top Bottom