• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - Launch Trailer

Ravelle

2035_-_autoplay_gif_gif_vince_mcmahon_wwf.gif

So don't watch this cause there's a huge spoiler? Why the fuck would Bethesda/MG do this? Oh well, guess I'm skipping this for now...

I can guess what it might be though.

Bethesda has done a great job of making me want this game since it's reveal at E3 and doubling down on the anti-Nazi marketing just made me want to support them more.

However, I only have so much time and money to spend on video games, and Mario Odyssey takes priority on 10/27...

... But when Mario is finished, however, I'll be glad to jump into this!

Saturday

Hold on a second.
Are those... the wolfenstein version of the beatles? Also, is the one fella who doesn't stand up to greet Hitler just blazko in disguise? Is this a game where you disguise yourself as one of the members of the Beatles and kill Hitler??

Hold on a second.
Are those... the wolfenstein version of the beatles? Also, is the one fella who doesn't stand up to greet Hitler just blazko in disguise? Is this a game where you disguise yourself as one of the members of the Beatles and kill Hitler??

Wouldn’t that be great?

VN1X

Banned
I'm on media blackout for this but those short clips of BJ blasting baddies in the face around 30 secs is already worth the price of admission. Can't wait!

Hope it runs as smooth as DOOM did on my ageing PC.

Cess007

NNNNNNGGGG, goddammit! I promised myself no new games for the rest of the year, but this game keeps looking better and better :(

Hold on a second.

I wouldn't doubt it.
The Wolfenstein version of The Beatles are in TNO as a record you can collect.

_Aaron_

That Hitler cameo at the end. He's ill. Which implies they are going to mechanize him to keep him alive, thus setting up the final boss of the next game to close a trilogy.

Honest question; How can part of the trailer (official marketing material) be a spoiler in the thread about the trailer?

Having not much experience of the Wolfenstein series, is this a long-suspected/anticipated appearance?

Kyonashi

The ๖ۜBronx;252287651 said:
Honest question; How can part of the trailer (official marketing material) be a spoiler in the thread about the trailer?

Having not much experience of the Wolfenstein series, is this a long-suspected/anticipated appearance?

It's a kind of callback/easter egg thing - not a big narrative spoiler imo. But then again, game's not out yet so who knows.

I certainly don't feel spoiled, if anything I'm more excited for it now.

Sygma

Oh, multi dual wield. I like.

Well, you could always shoot Nazis baddies in the face, that's what was so satisfying about The New Order. Adding Klansman is a plus, though.

you ll get the power suit from TNO too, which essentially means abilities.
Like you can literally sprint through people / walls in New Colossus, and there's a super jump too

Watch the 22 mins gameplay in New Orleans on youtube

RRockman

Banned
Woahhhhhh,

I though they were going with the canon that blasko killed Hitler in WOLF 3D! Will we be getting a throw back final boss?

MAN I HOPE SO

We gonna fuck Hitler up!

Personally was hoping they would have saved Hitler for a post credits stinger though. Would have been a great teaser for game 3.

The ๖ۜBronx;252287651 said:

It's not completely unexpected, as the previous game had quite a few references to
him still being alive and active at the time of TNO
. So while it's a spoiler in the sense of it's something from the games actual narrative that before now wasn't actually hinted at as part of the game, it's not something that is entirely unexpected within the plot of the series overall.

Holy shit it's
Hitler
!

I really gotta get some money.
And then decide whether I wanna kill Nazis, jump on Goombas or watch Stranger Things on the 27th. This is a very hard decision.

Keasar

We get to shoot Nazis, Ku Klux AND maybe even
Hitler
!?

Day fucking -10! This shit just got pre-ordered!

Geist-

Glorious!

I've stopped preordering games for the most part, but this is day fucking one. I need to mow down some fucking Nazi scum.
wwhxOVX.gif

Glorious!

I've stopped preordering games for the most part, but this is day fucking one. I need to mow down some fucking Nazi scum.
wwhxOVX.gif

The Nazis pretty much sealed their fates inventing a fucking triple-barreled automatic shotgun and thinking it won't inevitably end up in B.J Blazkowicz's hands.

Burt

This

tumblr_msrcddZZ8o1s7elebo1_250.gif

But with better graphics.

I really hope he's actually some worthless, half-rotten, propaganda figurehead who spends his days shitting himself in his bed as he feebly clings to a scant husk of life

And then you just do him in with your bare hands.

Top Bottom