• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you have for breakfast every day?

3x Weetabix
2x Wholemeal toast with peanut butter
2x Boiled eggs
2x Oranges
1x Banana
1x Apple

I've eaten the exact same breakfast for over 2 years
That and an evening meal is my lot for the day.

Lucreto

Bowl of shreddies and 2 slices of toast during the week. It's been the same breakfast set up for the last 15 years.

I skip breakfast Saturdays and sausages and hash browns for brunch on a Sunday.

Falchion

I usually don't eat breakfast but I've trying to get into the habit of having something small to help tide me over until lunch. Lately I've just grabbed a banana to eat at my desk but I'm probably going to up my game the next time I go to the store and get some cereal so that I can pour it in a Nalgene bottle and eat it at work.

Heath V

It used to be slow cooked oats and a protein shake now it's usually a bagel and cream cheese on the way to work.

Ubername

Banned
Venti Americano, two pumps of classic syrup and whipped cream.
Lol.

I have a poppy bagel and that soda grape monster they have. Sometimes on weekends I make a pot of coffee but of bustelo, which I later learned was espresso. It tastes pretty watery but it's really strong

ThisGuy

Banana, black berries, ground up oatmeal, almond milk. Made into a smoothie.

Swap the berries for whatever I buy that week, like strawberries or whatever.

Also a big spoonful of peanut butter.

DOW

You sound like me and my bodybuilding days. Of course I would add of cup of oats for carbohydrates.

This is actually a carry over from my most recent cut. I’m in a maintenance phase now and eat a substantial amount of carbs the rest of the day and right before bed. I’ve found I feel better overall with this breakfast.

deathsaber

Well, I am currently a 38 year old overweight (roughly 250ish) person who is working on changing up diet to get back to 200-215-ish like back in highschool/college).

I've spend my entire life eating sugar cereal- mainly Frosted Flakes, Fruit Loops, Trix, and Lucky charms. And not the recommended serving size of 1 cup- I'm talking a complete fill of a relatively deep bowl- probably at least 2-3 servings there. Plus, I'd dump a ton of 2% milk on top AND have a big glass of the same milk for my drink.

I've since cut that stuff out, and instead eat two eggs every morning first thing, and then usually a banana later morning to keep me full until lunch. I accompany both by drinking lots of water, which really does keep hunger in check.

As such, that's total of roughly 300 calories which isn't bad for breakfast. - The eggs are good for protein and nutrients, and the banana provides potassium and other benefits that give energy.

The problem with the sugar cereal- is that like anything sugary- its a burst of energy, then a big let down, and feelings of hunger later- despite all the food you ate. Ironically the Trix cereal I've been eating most recently probably isn't that bad- only 180 calories per serving + 70 cal for skim milk- but again, I was eating way more than one serving- which probably isn't all that "filling" so that's why I recommend the eggs/fruit, plus lots of water.

As such- I strongly recommend eggs- highly nutritious/filling, and always delicious- combine it with some kind of fruit- a good "sweet" substitute that is natural, and breaks down good in the body unless processed sugar products which just go to the belly.

Paasei

Full fat yoghurt (if I'm saying this right), half an apple cut like small onion blocks, shortly baked in a pan together with some cinnamon powder and granola.

Very rarely a croissant with "hagelslag" basically chocolate sprinkles. Something that is a very normal and common thing on bread and the likes. Usually I cut the croissant open and bake it in the oven while the sprinkles are already in. Melts nicely that way.

I always drink coffee AND green tea.

Picture of hageslag:
AHI_434d50363030303830_1_LowRes_JPG.JPG

Relativ9

They serve Irish breakfast at work so when I do have breakfast (sometimes I just have a big lunch instead) I have that. For the uninitiated; it's any combination of scrambled eggs, Irish sausage, Bacon rashers, black pudding, white pudding, roasted tomatoes, roasted mushrooms, hashbrowns, and of course the greatest breakfast food known to man: Jambons: Glory onto thee.

hamcheesejambon.png

LordOfChaos

Nothing, 16:8 intermittent fasting (eat during an 8 hour window from 12-8 every day) for a cut phase.

Technically a coffee, under 50 calories is acceptable.

Down 15 pounds and so easy an idiot (me!) could follow!

Newk86

Lately a microwaved egg with mozzarella cheese, turmeric, curry powder, coleslaw, ketchup, and cashew nuts.

Fbh

A coffee and a toast (usually with some sort of cream cheese on top). I'd rather sleep 15 minerals longer than have a more complete breakfast.

On weekends/free days.
Avocado bread + 1 or 2 eggs (and sometimes bacon)

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
Egg/Cheese/Bacon on a Onion Bagel
Hashbrown
2 Donuts
12oz coffee.

Followed by 16oz Water mixed with..
C4 Ultimate Pre-Workout
BCAA
D-Aspartic Acid
L-Citruline
Pinch Some dopamine and T level boosting herbs.
Sometimes a little Phenibut too.

Added over 10lbs on this over the year :)

appaws

Banned
Diet Mountain Dew and leftover dinner from the night before, at least during the week.

Weekends are when I go for the big American breakfast with eggs and meats and biscuits and gravy.

When I get back to my sweet, home Chicago, I go to the Greek place for a Mediterranean omelet with Feta and Greek toast. Thats the best breakfast of all time.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Yesterday I had bacon,egg, cheese and tomato ketchup sandwiches with brown bread.

Today I had prosciutto ham,rocket and parmesan pizza anf veggie feast pizza.

Wife's currently on a "cooking prep" kick, so she made a bunch of breakfast burritos to see if it works for our family. Currently it's egg, cheese, potato in a tortilla, or egg, cheese, turkey bacon, potato, hot sauce. I'm really in favor of it since they're microwavable and portable.

Also depending on the day: a bit of a banana my one-year old feeds me while he is (supposed to be) eating his breakfast.

Top Bottom