• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTD| Oh, you're reading manga? How cute...

I'm just hoping it doesn't disappear after this arc ends though. I think I read they worked out everything (the mangaka and the publisher), so fingers crossed.

Especially now, as we seem to be getting a decent amount of development from Rock and Revy, as well as their relationship. Here's hoping we manage to get enough material for another season of anime, or more OVA's.

EDIT: Also, in-case anyone still cares, I'm still keeping track of the progress on all our HXH bets. I'll probably make a post of who's out so far after this weeks chapter.

bobohoro

Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san 75

I would be totally ok with the manga only focusing on Yaya and Shion going forward.
And I'm a dog person.

Taruranto

Yona 98

hwoZvRo.jpg

o9jTgkQ.jpg

What the heck? How fast does this kid run? Anyway, surely but slowly catching up with this. I've been putting it on-hold too much.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Especially now, as we seem to be getting a decent amount of development from Rock and Revy, as well as their relationship. Here's hoping we manage to get enough material for another season of anime, or more OVA's.

EDIT: Also, in-case anyone still cares, I'm still keeping track of the progress on all our HXH bets. I'll probably make a post of who's out so far after this weeks chapter.

There should be enough for another OAV since it'll be a complete arc. Just a matter if they'll want to do that or maybe wait for more and do another full season.

Hana Rai 1 - 3
DH37SbiUMAAp_eh.jpg:small

Using the grandfathers firework making occupation and his retirement for a rationale for the story gave us an interesting start to this manga. Madoka, his grandson, taking over the occupation and Mitsuki, the lover(?) from the grandfathers past dropping in and surprising Madoka gave many funny moments. Chp 3 was where the past was addressed and Im glad it was handled how it was. Now with Mitsuki able to finally explore others options we can see Madoka perhaps open up and experience how it feels to play with fire.

Cute kiss scene especially with the height difference highlighted afterwrds, and Mitsuki looks amazing.

DH3-hKZUIAEPK11.png:small

Artists also seems to ship OtaYuri in Yuri On Ice, nice.

https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=60375536

Weekly Shonen Jump #39

Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma (Cover, Lead CP)
1. Dr. Stone
2. One Piece
3. Black Clover
4. My Hero Academia
5. The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
Robot x Laserbeam (CP)
6. The Promised Neverland
7. Kimetsu no Yaiba
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san (CP)
8. Haikyu!!
9. We Never Learn
Aharen-san wa Hakarenai (Special Chapter)
Binbou Choujin Kanenashi-kun (Special Chapter)
10. Hunter x Hunter
11. Hinomaru Zumou
12. Gintama
13. Cross Account
14. Spring Weapon No.01
15. Shudan!
16. Hungry Marie
Isobe Isobee Monogatari ~Ukiyo wa Tsurai yo~

Weekly Shonen Jump #40
Cover, Lead CP: Dr. Stone
CP: Isobe, The Promised Neverland
One Shot: Jekyll no Tsukaima(GFC Entry #1, by Hiroki Ishikawa)

Made in Abyss 1-42

Oh boy this a good manga
and wow it sure is disturbing when it wants to be.

Also, have the reincarnation theories about Reg being the dog and the princess being Riko's soul been discussed here? The dog thing seems outlandish to me but Riko's soul most likely did drift off when she died the fist time.
The suspense is killing me now that I'm caught up...

Weekly Shonen Jump #39

Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Souma (Cover, Lead CP)
1. Dr. Stone
2. One Piece
3. Black Clover
4. My Hero Academia
5. The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.
Robot x Laserbeam (CP)
6. The Promised Neverland
7. Kimetsu no Yaiba
Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san (CP)
8. Haikyu!!
9. We Never Learn
Aharen-san wa Hakarenai (Special Chapter)
Binbou Choujin Kanenashi-kun (Special Chapter)
10. Hunter x Hunter
11. Hinomaru Zumou
12. Gintama
13. Cross Account
14. Spring Weapon No.01
15. Shudan!
16. Hungry Marie
Isobe Isobee Monogatari ~Ukiyo wa Tsurai yo~

Weekly Shonen Jump #40
Cover, Lead CP: Dr. Stone
CP: Isobe, The Promised Neverland
One Shot: Jekyll no Tsukaima(GFC Entry #1, by Hiroki Ishikawa)
Thoughts and prayers for shuudan, hopefully it gets breathed new life soon and awakens fame and glory for roku.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Black Lagoon ch. 91

Wait, what. Feels like Hiroe split a chapter in two here. 90 + 91 could've easily worked as one whole chapter.

Maybe next month we get a full one. Or maybe next month we get even less than twelve pages.

Hungry Marie ch. 16

Is this an imposter or did someone actually jack his body

Boogiepop

There's still totally hope for Hungry Marie, right guys? Right...?

(Are we getting close to the point where it's going to end if it's only getting to two volumes/are there signs of that yet in the manga itself? I'm on the ol' "import the volumes" schedule so I'm not personally caught up. But yeah, current (probably still too high) hope for the series is that it at least manages to squeek by to having a third volume...)

Innocent Devil 8

It's a happy, relaxing fun time chapter between Touko and her lovable assistant, and not a hint of murder in sig- welp. Not doubting Akane's ability, but at some point they need to let Miyori out of her cage so they have some additional firepower, irrespective of its stability. Also it'd be really swell if Akane doesn't end up killing her sensei one day, regardless of the foreshadowing + how hard she flicks her forehead.

Ray Down

Banned
There's still totally hope for Hungry Marie, right guys? Right...?

(Are we getting close to the point where it's going to end if it's only getting to two volumes/are there signs of that yet in the manga itself? I'm on the ol' "import the volumes" schedule so I'm not personally caught up. But yeah, current (probably still too high) hope for the series is that it at least manages to squeek by to having a third volume...)

Its dead when its chopping block time.

Goodnight Punpun 79-89

Things definitely took a turn for the better for Punpun here, and that actually makes me afraid to keep reading. I almost want to just stop and pretend it ends here...

Not too sure how I feel about spending $45+ just to crush my fucking soul though lol. Maybe I'll wait until TLR is out, because if things are about to escalate as much as I think they will, and for 5 more fucking volumes, then I may need other things to cleanse my soul between each chapter at this rate.

dramatis

July 2017 Recommendation: Eternal Sabbath

Sci Fi drama thriller | 8 volumes, Completed work, Licensed in English
Ryousuke Akiba calls himself ES, a code name taken from a mysterious scientific experiment. Ryousuke will live to be at least two centuries old and possesses strange mental powers: He can enter people’s minds, discover their darkest secrets, even rearrange their memories so that complete strangers will treat him like family. Ryousuke acts not out of malice but for survival–wandering Tokyo for reasons known only to him. No one recognizes him for what he is...until Dr. Mine Kujyou, a determined researcher, meets someone who challenges everything she knows about science–ES, possessor of the Eternal Sabbath gene. But is he the only one? (source)
Numb: The very start was the strong point and the ending really gets you unaware.

dramatis

WARNING: There may be spoilers in some of these recs (rec), reviews (rev), impressions (imp). If you want to avoid that, just post a general question about the manga. Most recent at top. Links to previous recommendations at bottom.

1. [Imp] Trojita | Mashira: It's kind of refreshing to see a MC for once immediately notice there is a problem and put his game face on right away.
  2. [Imp] MetroidPrimeRib | Junji Ito's Fragments of Horror: Small collection of horror short stories of varying degrees of quality and themes by Junji Ito, but all of them are at least entertaining.
  3. [Short rev] MetroidPrimeRib | Alice in Borderland: An ending to a storyline like this would be hard to nail, but through all its twists and turns it still comes out satisfying.
  4. [Imp] JulianImp | It's my life: The premise is pretty nice, it has lots of heartwarming moments, and the comedy's also decent as well.
  5. [Rev] Semblance | Sekai Oni: So, basically, this is kind of a mess and I probably wouldn't recommend it - but it was also creative and weird enough that it kept me mostly entertained. It's one of those kind of reads.
  6. [Imp] A Huge Battleship | Mei no Maiden: Still, the game + ruses in this (lengthy) opening chapter were entertaining enough that I'll keep a lazy eye on it.
  7. [Short imp] Taruranto | Sugiru Juunana no Haru: This was adequate I guess for a short horror story.
  8. [Long imp] ArclightBorealis | Devilman vs Hades: Devilman vs Hades remains exciting to read and doubles as probably my favorite Go Nagai cross over series.
  9. [Imp] Zweizer | Danberu nan kiro moteru?: Sadly, this has a negative effect on her weight, thus she decides to work off the excess calories at the newly opened Silverman gym near her school.
  10. [Imp] Lain | Fire Punch and Honey: Well now, this was a nice starting volume.
  11. Zweizer: NSFW batch ahoy!
  12. [Imp] Zweizer | Watashi no Yuri wa Oshigoto Desu! Schwestern in Liebe!: It was all an act. Her dream is to marry a billionaire and live the rest of her life in opulence.
  13. [Imp] Taruranto | Made in Abyss: This was a pretty good read, I thought it was going to be pretty slow, but it's surprisingly good paced.
  14. [Imp] A Huge Battleship | Touhou - Datenshi (SFW doujin): Zounose has really grown on me as an author, though I'm sure that's partially due to all the attention he's been getting recently.
  15. [Imp] A Huge Battleship | Black Lily and White Lily: But there was foot licking and hand-holding, so followed to the ends of the earth etc.
  16. [Short imp] Chase17 | Chio-chan: This series is hilarious.
  17. [Long Imp] Dedication Through Light | Gift: I was initially in it since it was a boxing manga and those seemed kind of rare and it was BL, but eventually I came to love it more and more (also younger seme is always a tag I love).
  18. [Imp] Numb | Komi-san wa Komyushou Desu: Like that soft shit will work on my heart colder than the deepest ocean wate-
  19. [Rev] Soma | Shin Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko: At least it ended with the same twisted, weird but strangely heartwarming spirit that got me hooked on the series in the first place and the artwork was consistently fantastic throughout the whole thing.
  20. Zweizer reading some fluffy one-shots.
  21. [Imp] phaze | Houseki no Kuni: But I guess the mystery of the moon people and Pho's investigation of it was always pretty captivating...
  22. [Rev] Boogiepop | Boku Girl: All that said, there was still a lot to like about the series, and I enjoyed it overall quite a bit. Just... definitely some caveats due to the above stuff.
  23. [Long rev] Lain | My Capricorn Friend: A story about bullying, suicides, revenge and consequences with a sprinkle of supernatural, I found My Capricorn Friend mostly as an enjoyable read with obvious flaws.
  24. [Rev] Lain | Blue is the Warmest Color: I'm glad I got to read this, even if what I wanted out of it wasn't what was delivered.
  25. [Imp] Ascheroth | Raisekamika: With fucking gorgeous art.
  26. Taruranto with some stuff on Terra E, Nemureru Mori no Binan and its sequel Tomoi, and Marginal.
  27. [Imp] A Huge Battleship | The Witch's House - The Diary of Ellen: HOLY SHIT. I had no idea this was a thing, and now I'm shaking like I'm on a caffeine drip.
  28. [Rev] dani_dc | Billy Bat: The series was overall a mess, a fun mess at times, but an aimless mess that kept going through the same story beats until it reaches it's low key conclusion.
  29. [Imp] bigkrev | Shudan: I really like the 3 main characters, and the Perifery characters (ESPECIALLY the captain) all seem fine as well.
  30. [Short rev] Usobuko | Pipa Rat (one shot): Always dig autobiographical story especially when the setting is in rural villages.
  31. [Short rev] Zweizer | La Bian - Beautiful Magic Story (NSFW one shot): A series of three shrot stories, featuring some common story themes with a yuri twist.
  32. [Imp + rev] Lain | Born to be on air!: This one starts with a bang and only keeps improving as the story goes along. | Detonation Island: As a look in the bosozoku's way of life, this was a great read. As a growing up story, not so much.
  33. [Short rev] Taruranto | Terra E: Terra E was one of the first anime I genuinely liked, so it feels weird to revisit the manga like 7 years after. It actually brought back a lot of buried emotions and memories, eh.
  34. [Imp] Taruranto | A, A, prime.: Anyway, I'm surprised how much I enjoyed this.
  35. [Imp] A Huge Battleship | Talentless Nana: It's about a regular girl who transfers to a school full of kids with superpowers, and has to systematically kill them without being detected, before they become one of the 'Enemies of Humanity' that they believe they're being trained to fight.
  36. [Imp] Zweizer | Ashita, Kimi ni Aetara (If we can meet tomorrow): Now 29 years old, how will she able to deal with a familair yet unknown home, amongst strangers that consider her family, as an adult that has no memories of the past 15 years?
  37. [Imp] Bright Side of Life | Fuku wo Kiru Nara Konna Fuu ni (If You're Gonna Dress up, Do It Like This): The story is written well while explaining simply how to accessorize, think about your silhouette, differences between clothing, etc.
  38. Bright Side of Life's Foodie Manga Recommendations
  39. [Short imp] Semblance | Tea Training Ceremony (one shot): Short (as in nine pages total short) story with [Kaoru] Mori's pretty art. It's cute.
  40. [Imp] GoldCrusader | Kimetsu no Yaiba: Wow I just read through this at lighting speed. It's way too good.
  41. PaulExcellent impressions for Gal Gohan, Kaguya Wants to be Confessed To: The Geniuses' War of Love and Brains, and Depression with Succubus.
  42. [Rev] A Huge Battleship | Madoka Magica - Sachikano (SFW doujin): Yet despite her creativity, she never commits my cardinal bugbear of departing far enough from the source material that it simply feels incidental.
  43. [Short imp] striferser | Kine-san no 1-ri de Cinema: This is hilarious and as a fan of zombie movie, the author really manage to capture the facts that so many zombie movie are absolutely shit.
  44. [Short imp] A Huge Battleship | Isekai Goumon Hime: I'm usually the first to vomit at isekai manga, particularly if they're light novel adaptations, but this heroine is pressing all my buttons, ticking all my boxes and ironing all my maidens.
  45. Zweizer: Yuri, ho!
  46. [Short rev] GoldCrusader | Golem Heart (one shot): I got interested by this because it was written by one of Horikoshi's assistant and man was this good.
  47. [Short imp] Sciel | Kono Oto Tomare: Its so good! Its like a cross between Chihayafuru and Your Lie in April (while omitting most of the melodrama).
  48. [Short imp] A Huge Battleship | The Spider Web (NSFW doujin): You were going to end up in a body bag anyway, and at least this way you have an interesting anecdote to tell the folks in the afterlife.
  49. [Short imp] Mediking | AIKI: The man has perfected comedy, action, and fanservice all into one.
  50. [Short rev] JulianImp | Aizawa-san Multiplies: Read it all on a whim, and while it was decent-ish...
  51. [Imp] Ascheroth | Carthasis: I'd classify it as a creepy supernatural mystery thriller with some legit great unsettling paneling and art at times.
  52. [Long imp] Lain | Death Hall: The gist of it is that after dying, people find themselves in a hall with various Officials which will help them write down papers to get accepted into paradise. The dead can decide to not write the papers and embark on a long walk into the void, where they'll disappear.
  53. [Short imp] Usobuko | Ninyo Ouji by Ozaki Kaori: From Kami-sama ga Uso o Tsuku author comes a compilation of sometimes quirky, sometimes sombre short stories. That's her trademark I guess.
  54. [Short rec] dumbyugi | Dragon Half: The art is nice enough, though it's nothing special. If you're in the mood for a light read then I would happily recommend this.
  55. [Short imp] NeoForte | Aharen-san wa Hakarenai: Has anyone else been following this? It's made me laugh out loud but it's also really damn adorable too. I'm loving it but sucks that it's bi weekly :/
  56. [Rev] mdubs | Beck: I'm a sucker for these types of coming of age stories like this and Bakuman where they spent years trying to achieve their dreams.
  57. [Imp] Black Bishop | Six Half: It doesn't really do anything new or outstanding but it does hit all those notes well, keeping its stride. All the characters feel like they have decent/realistic motives.
  58. [Long imp] Chase17 | Kimetsu no Yaiba: I like this a lot. The world is built up pretty well, and the training/time skip at the start was well done.
  59. [Imp] Zweizer | Yamada to Kase-san: It's pretty neat and I hope they'll continue to have nice moments together (as well as their friends).
  60. [Imp] A Huge Battleship | Innocent Devil: It's fairly unhinged and I love it.
  61. [Imp] A Huge Battleship | Satan's Secretary: I'm getting strong Maou-jou de Oyasumi vibes from basically every element of this, which is high praise by itself, and combined with the promising humour and entertaining female lead it's a no-brainer to follow.
  62. [Imp] barber | Karakuri Circus: Well that was a fun ride, from a really strong first arc with a kinda traditional story to later on throwing a curveball...
  63. [Rev] A Huge Battleship | Madoka Magica - Anta Nanka Daikirai (SFW doujin): this was basically aimless (pre-Akuma) comedy throughout and it was still glorious, so idk
  64. [Imp] Black Bishop | The Strange Tales of Oscar Zhan: I have no idea what this webcomic is about. But, I'm hooked - honestly it had me at the talking skeleton in a suit.
  65. [Rev] moustascheman | Claymore: This was a pretty enjoyable read. It was a lot more original and unique than I thought it would be considering a lot of people I knew had told me that it was very similar to Berserk.
  66. [Imp] Black Bishop | Palace Meidi: Love the art, and I'm a sucker for star-crossed lover plot-lines, so I'll be keeping my eye on this. Hopefully, it can help fill the insatiable hunger for Shoujo I have.
  67. [Imp] A Huge Battleship | The World or Her: A manga about easy decisions: Do you romance your childhood waifu and inadvertently make her destroy the world, or do you protect it by dating the mysterious cuter/lewder girl who warns you about your waifu's destructive capabilities?
  68. [Imp] Chase17 | Welcome to Ballroom: Enjoying this a lot so far. I always tend to like when a protagonist initially struggles to find what they like before going full force into the topic.
  69. [Imp] Black Bishop | Knights & Magic: If you like mechs and other Isekai rubbish give it a quick read.
  70. [Long imp] Zweizer | Beastars: What stands out immediately is the strength of the character design, and by extension, how well thought-out the setting is.

Zweizer

Banned
Me and the Devil Blues ch32

Damn that's a deviously clever dog.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko! ch613-614

Even Misuzu was afraid.

AKB49 ch226

Damn that's a deviously shitty dog.

Hungry Marie ch16

Pretty mundane game they're playing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tzurezure Children

Enomoto / Motoyama chapter? Yessssss. And Yamane finally reveals himself to also be a bro. Now we just rapper / rapper girl to get something going, although I can only assume Brotoyama will probably fuck this up with Enomoto even though he's probably way more deserving to get a good ending than Yamane-brono who has done 2 things the entire series that aren't cringe-y.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
ReLIFE 193

You're killing me here. Mostly because I know for a goddamn fact one or both of these fools will assuredly fuck it up and run off crying. There's also the fact that Kariu, Tamarai, Ohga, Yoake and An (e.g. every named character in the series) are probably all spying on this date since date spying is very much in vogue at this school.

bobohoro

Not too sure how I feel about spending $45+ just to crush my fucking soul though lol. Maybe I'll wait until TLR is out, because if things are about to escalate as much as I think they will, and for 5 more fucking volumes, then I may need other things to cleanse my soul between each chapter at this rate.

The soul crush is worth every cent.
What I truly wanted to say is: keep reading. PunPun actually has a bit of a slump in the middle, although it feels more like an extended eye of the storm, that little floaty moment on a rollercoaster ride between falls, the false sense of security wearing a fluffy coat full of cement while scuba divi...wait.
What I truly wanted to say is: keep reading, the ending is worth it.
And then come back here and display your despair for our enjoyment.

Love is hard for otaku 20

This makes me feel all fluffy and warm inside.

Tomo-chan 614

This doesn't.

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Straighten Up! (end)

Whew... I somehow binged from chapter ~60 to the end today so I couldn't possibly stop before the last 2 chapters, so I went ahead and read the raws (will spoiler tag the raw-only stuff).

I liked this a lot. My favorite part was definitely the first couple of arcs (and specifically the main duo in them) until they were able to dance properly. After a while the manga started to feel a bit samey with the tournaments but it ended before that became an issue. I'd say the characters outside of the main two were never that great and the main two also took a back seat after the first half of the manga, except for the preliminaries (and even then actually, only really the Quickstep).

The final tournament was good. I think there is some redundancy with having multiple heats, 4-5 songs, and 4 rounds (and then 2 types of dances) when a lot of it was pretty similar through comic medium, but oh well, that's what the sport is. The character arcs throughout the tournament kept it going pretty well.

Also wow they got a hell of a growth sprout in high school haha.
Miki and Tanya did too holy crap.
It's like they doubled in height.

Didn't expect Yamaki and Akiko to get chewed out so hard in the end. I'm not sure though because the prodigies who never had any trouble also somehow never let it get to their head while Yamaki and Akiko did to the point of pure humiliation. The coach clearly let them crash to teach them a lesson which is probably what he should've done.

The high school side... well, it played out as well as I wanted to expect for one thing. Those two clearly needed to hook up and I was waiting for it and the chapter was building up to it and it didn't happen. Man. I need to read a romance manga. We actually didn't see a single pair in this manga hook up, I get that it wasn't the point, but you could have made an exception for these two! They're such a good couple too, why not throw us a bone yoko :(

Thanks for reminding me that I needed to finish this! I super disagree about the side characters being the least interesting. For me, the manga really sold me based on the strength of its side characters. Sakamoto is my favorite antagonist I've read in a long time, and I really like this manga's philosophy on dance. I really really really wish this was the one getting an anime, but whateves. I'm only slightly bitter about it.

But you are super right about it being kinda bullshit the main characters
never got together :/ They were so cute during that highschool talent show thing that I'm surprised the manga never pushed for them more after that.

upandaway

Welcome to the Ballroom 23

Been reading this here and there instead of the anime. I honestly thought the Tenpei girl was gonna be his partner (mostly the height) but that didn't happen. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't mostly reading this to see who he hooks up with and the other couple dynamics (Sengoku's is amazing). I really like the coupling up aspect of the sport, was great in Straighten Up too. The tournament was nice. Gaju is a huge jerk though. I'm still kinda surprised that Tatara didn't hook up with her when they fit that well.

Thanks for reminding me that I needed to finish this! I super disagree about the side characters being the least interesting. For me, the manga really sold me based on the strength of its side characters. Sakamoto is my favorite antagonist I've read in a long time, and I really like this manga's philosophy on dance. I really really really wish this was the one getting an anime, but whateves. I'm only slightly bitter about it.

But you are super right about it being kinda bullshit the main characters
never got together :/ They were so cute during that highschool talent show thing that I'm surprised the manga never pushed for them more after that.
I love the side characters actually, I meant that (and you might still disagree with this) that their respective story curves weren't that interesting to me. I loved seeing them do their thing from an event perspective, like Sakamoto pair's nonsense while dancing, there just wasn't much to carry their personal screen time in the second half (like the chubby guy - I still love that pair but you get what I mean).

About the manga's philosophy definitely. So good to see a Jump sports/action manga where the MCs aren't trying to be the best. That leaked into everyone around them wanting to be the best but it's still worth a lot.

FlowersisBritish

I love the side characters actually, I meant that (and you might still disagree with this) that their respective story curves weren't that interesting to me. I loved seeing them do their thing from an event perspective, like Sakamoto pair's nonsense while dancing, there just wasn't much to carry their personal screen time in the second half (like the chubby guy - I still love that pair but you get what I mean).

About the manga's philosophy definitely. So good to see a Jump sports/action manga where the MCs aren't trying to be the best. That leaked into everyone around them wanting to be the best but it's still worth a lot.

Ah, yeah that makes sense and I do agree with the story curves at the later half of the manga outside of a few. I really enjoyed the extra context to the characters, but while I enjoyed most of them, the rapid succession of them kind of dragged on me.

Me and the Devil Blues 32

Always a treat to get a new chapter of this, even though a third of the manga has been taken up by this Hell hound arc which feels so much slower then it does because of the release schedule

zroid

Banned
dunno if yall talk about light novels in here, but I am so ridiculously hooked on The Irregular at Magic High School

goddamn it

FlowersisBritish

You'll find tons of people willing to talk creepy fetish series with you no problem!

Speaking of fetish series, is there a manga with really intricate and detailed drawings of feet? I mean like really detailed, like they traced from a photograph detailed.......... Asking for a friend..... I swear..........

Maou-jou de Oyasumi 38

fysbXiq.png

And thus peace was restored between humans and demons. Or the demon king was utterly defeated. It's one of the two. Now I'm morbidly curious about what the princess's mother was like to raise such a, uh, princess.

dunno if yall talk about light novels in here, but I am so ridiculously hooked on The Irregular at Magic High School

goddamn it
There's a light novel OT around here somewhere, but I can't say I've used it much.

Irregular is great, I quite like it too. Wish it came out a little bit faster tho.

The worst part is that I've already read up to like Volume 13/14, from when it was up on Baka-Tsuki. But, as is their policy, they removed it as soon as it was licensed. Wonder how long till they get to 'new' material...

Fancolors

Speaking of fetish series, is there a manga with really intricate and detailed drawings of feet? I mean like really detailed, like they traced from a photograph detailed.......... Asking for a friend..... I swear..........
Ore no Himekutsu is about a shoemaker with foot fetish if that's what you looking for

zroid

Banned
The worst part is that I've already read up to like Volume 13/14, from when it was up on Baka-Tsuki. But, as is their policy, they removed it as soon as it was licensed. Wonder how long till they get to 'new' material...
seems like they're coming out every 3-4 months, and volume 6 is due in December. so... could be a while... 😅

I had borrowed vols 1-3 from the library but they didn't have 4 or 5 sadly. I submitted a request to order them but today I found out Indigo was having a buy one get one 50% off sale on all manga/light novels so I just went ahead and bought vols 2-5. COULDN'T WAIT.

I'll pick up vol 1 down the road

JulianImp

I only recently realized that Slow Motion Wo Mou Ichi Do is no longer available on Mangawan, which is quite a shame.

It's My Life also feels like it has jumped the shark with the latest plot developments... I actually picked the series up because I liked the SoL aspects and nostalgic feeling in a fantasy setting, but the current arc has upped the stakes by introducing way too many serious elements, to the point it's looking like a cookie-cutter fantasy story now. I got that the multiple Noahs were bad news for Astra's carefree life, but now we've got doomsday weapons, a nihilistic antagonist and a multiracial rescue party. Astra going nuts against whoever threatens the simple life he yearns for is even being used in a serious way in order to further the plot right now, which is pretty meh.

The worst part is that I feel like things won't get to go back to what they were before this arc, or things might just end with it even, when I think the story's themes about enjoying life to its fullest and accepting that farewells are inevitable were already being tackled in a pretty decent way without having to resort to such an epic story arc to jam those points down the readers' throats.

Top Bottom