• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Robot Wars V |OT| V is for Voyage! There's an ENG version!

killatopak

Gold Member
In stage 39, does fighting and bringing down the 9th angel's hp make the ships appear faster?

I tried just dodging and defending until it showed up and it think it made me lose turns and resulted in me finishing the stage in the 9th turn. I missed the SR point because of that.

Also Mazinger Zero and Mazin Emperor G is frickin amazing. It made me read Shin Mazinger Z manga. It's a bit too mature for Mazinger but can't wait until it gets to Zero.

Bebpo

Banned
Yeah, the Mazinger twins are awesome. I hope they stick around for future SRW games. Can't help you on the stage questions since it's been a while and I don't remember.

In stage 39, does fighting and bringing down the 9th angel's hp make the ships appear faster?

I tried just dodging and defending until it showed up and it think it made me lose turns and resulted in me finishing the stage in the 9th turn. I missed the SR point because of that.

Also Mazinger Zero and Mazin Emperor G is frickin amazing. It made me read Shin Mazinger Z manga. It's a bit too mature for Mazinger but can't wait until it gets to Zero.
I actually attacked the 9th angel until they clearly stated not to and focused on the ships. Then I turned around and killed the 9th angel. It may have caused the reinforcements to come out sooner I do not know. Also the Mazingers are awesome especially Zero. I would recommend leveling Zero up to max because he is really strong.

killatopak

Gold Member
Finally managed to get past that SR point. Tried out a bunch of stuff and no matter what you do, your motherships always appear on player turn 4. What I did was just optimize my run by focusing on the 9th angel and not attacking the 10th angel. On the first run I did attack both angels a few times but not decisively killing them on a single turn. The fact that they have HP regen and gets a barrier when Mazinger Zero shows up made a few of my attacks worthless before. It also helps that I know where Mazinger Zero and Jamie will show up in any point of time.

Currently, I'm on stage 42. I've not started it yet but the amount of ships to destroy within 5 turns along with the boss seems kinda daunting.

Edit: I'm now on stage 48. The SR point here is pretty hard. I think I need to dash across the map but I'm not sure how. Maybe I'll spam Zeal on Setsuna. Stopped for now cause I want to play other games.

killatopak

Gold Member
I'm at stage 52. Here I am still using mook mechs and thinking why the hell are there so many units. Then the 2nd part of the stage comes up and there's a bunch of level 70 enemies. I was like what the hell? Looked up on akurasu and it's actually the final stage. Sigh... An hour and a half lost.

Edit: Anybody got a higher definition photo of Mazinger Zero and Getter Emperor in Emperor of Darkness' vision when he loses?

I only have this low def one that I got from a youtube video. Why'd they have to restrict the share button? damn.

Ig0ceYK.jpg

This game is nuts. I can usually only play one stage a day but sometimes two if the first one is short.

Currently on stage 21. It's getting to the point where I am only using 9-10 of the robots I like. Currently going with the following:

The Command ships (Yamato, Nadeisco, Tuatha de Danaan, Poly 2 'or whatever its called')
Daitarn 3 - SUN BEAM ATTACK
ARX-7 Arbalest - Full Metal Panic is one of my favorite animes and I like Sousuke
Vilkiss - Just an all around decent unit
Razor - Apparently I'm told she gets a good Ace bonus otherwise I don't like her
Mazinger - Tanky as hell
Black Getter - Supposedly he is a good boss killer but I haven't seen it yet
ν Gundam - Piloted by Amuro, the original!
00 Qan[T] - I really, really, really like this unit with Setsuna. I've never even watched this Gundam series but I may have to after playing with this guy.
Mightgaine - I need those TAC points

Any other recommendations while I am still early in the campaign? I know theres another 30-35 stages to go or so.

That whole Lv70 thing is another product of bad balancing.

SRW V is a very good SRW game. Well, almost - I still consider it a good game, but the deeper and farther you go into the game, the more the bad side sticks out.
And Cross Ange's inclusion is one of the best in SRW history. They should have deleted Tasuku from existence, though.

One of the outstanding dirt they have is gameplay balance. This is extremely lousy for a game that is directly handled by B.B. Studio.

They tried to go toe-to-toe to match the player's upgrading, but that made the balance worse. There's a reason why (recent*) previous Banpresoft games were balanced around no-upgrades.

And people will still be able to ROFLstomp the game anyway even with SRWV's constant upgrading of enemies (by that I mean this is regardless of their upgrade bars). PPs are now team wide and you can insert 9001 pilot skills into a single person, too, so it's actually easier to get an overpowered 400-stat fool that finishes the stage in very small amount of turns.

So essentially speaking, they fucked up the balancing for people looking into a reasonable balanced game, and at the same time, the game is will still be piss-easy ROFLstompable for people who wants to do just that.

I think they missed a lot of things here. There's a lot of things I want "fixed" in SRW V; the plot, addition and removal of certain participating series, gameplay and even their engine itself. SRW V is undoubtedly a budget series so it can't be helped. But for the first time in my 20+ years of playing SRW, I wanted an SRW game to have a remake. Not a sequel, but a remake.

*2007 onwards, coz I don't remember the balance of the older games. >__>

Also, Banpresto and Bandai Namco won't get this, but what made the Premium Anime Song & Sound Edition (PASSE) stuff worth it is due to being able to combine story scenes with really good (or nostalgic) music.

In an ideal form, PASSE should probably around 80-100~ish music, with the majority being the non-OP/ED/extremely famous insert vocal songs. They don't even necessarily need to be usable in a battle scene.

Heck, even with the PASSE, some songs are missing. One of them is Towagatari/永遠語り. Towagatari actually has three or four versions, I believe, and the only one in the game is the El Ragna version. Possible Cross Ange story spoilers, I guess, so I'm tagging it:
Towagatari ~El Ragna~ is the version where both Ange and Salamandine sing. Early in the game, there's a scene where only Ange sings, except that instead of being greeted with a Mizuki Nana vocal song (come on, I paid for PASSE), you instead get the non-vocal version of Towagatari. That means no Horie Yui or Seki Toshihiko version as well. As much as shitty Embryo is, his singing was surprisingly nice.

Four version of the same tune might sound redundant to some, but
I'd take it due to their story-related reasons.
I would've loved Horie Yui/Salamandine verson to be in the game.

Also, more on lacking songs: Great Mazinger songs. >___>

I don't think I need to explain why I would want more music from Gundam UC. But it would definitely flesh out SRW's music and atmosphere more if they had songs like On Your Mark and Audrey. They don't even need to recreate the related scenes. They rewrote and mixed a lot of UC-era events and there's probably somewhere it can be used.

As for PASSE being "worth it", the scene I consider to be THE best in the game is a Nadesico one, and IMO, the added music from PASSE helped a LOT.
Specifically, Nadesico C Boson Jumping into the scene with a Gravity Blast with Theme of Nadesico II in the background, seeing Urubetake and Yurika, before proceeding to kick ass

It wasn't until some missions later before I realized that Nadeshiko Theme II was in fact PASSE exclusive, and not included in the standard version of the game. IIRC, the song that plays in the standard version is Raise the Anchor!. While I consider it to be nice, I doubt it would have invoked the same emotions as Theme of Nadesico II.

I'm not really a Nadeshiko fanatic, but I actually do consider that as one of the best scenes in SRW. I also find it funny, since Hakata Daikichi (the guy in the SRWV interviews*) answered the question about the scenes he likes best as the one with sudden change of BGM and someone's arrival scene.

*the guy here. For some reasons, the videos are no longer available.

But meh, for Bandai Namco/Banpresoft, it'll probably be 'insert moar OP/ED songs' since that's the thing that make people buy. Or something.

manfestival

I have been playing this game much less lately because I dont have the time but man I freaking love discovering new things. I think I am on scenario 30 at the moment. I wish I knew the joy of this sooner.

massoluk

Banned
I am still hoping to complete the 4th run of this game, but utter lack of challenge is settling in and I never feels like arbitrary handicapping myself to enjoy a game.

I am still hoping to complete the 4th run of this game, but utter lack of challenge is settling in and I never feels like arbitrary handicapping myself to enjoy a game.

A lot of SRW games (especially Banpresoft ones) are balanced around no-upgrade.

This is also why the basic premise of EX-Hard Mode in older games is to basically disable upgrades (weapon upgrade is most commonly disabled, sometimes machine and using Pilot Point as well).

This is not the case for SRW V coz FailedBalancing™, but it is actually a good base to do a no-upgrade run.

Or not. Going forward, V balancing may be the new norm, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Your comment reinforces my earlier post. The game is still shit piss easy and the only thing they achieved is fucking up the balance.

killatopak

Gold Member
Finished the game. I think I didn't need a reset to use all the op mechs. Once you kill 3 of those level 70 mechs, a cutscene starts and they would be weaker right after. A few Wave Motion map attacks could have saved me a restart.

Final boss(es) is actually pretty damn easy. During my first run when I restarted, the reason I did so is because I checked the boss' attacks and all of them had huge map attacks. Funny thing is, I don't think they use them when I finished the game. They just swarmed into your group if you huddle up and that puts them into a position for easy map attacks.

Overall great game but I feel like I enjoyed it a lot more because it was in a language that I can finally understand. I still got confused a bit in the earlier parts since I was so used to hot blood, confuse etc. Got a few problems with the PP system like Dash costing 1500 points like what the hell and that's aside from being limited resource from the store. I just bought ace pilot and hit and run for everyone and I mean everyone. Everybody was ace at the end of the game.

Music was okay for the most part but it would be nice if they released the premium sound edition with the english version of the game. Animation on some units like the Mazingers was top fucking notch but there are some shitty ones still like the SEED, Nadesico, EVA and FMP. I wish there was an alternate mode on the 2nd playthrough and beyond where you get to use late game mechs like Neo Zeong and Hamarabi. I get why not and because of the story of the game but I'd really like it was possible. I miss gameshark.

Gonna start up my 2nd playthrough in a while. Gonna do a Chitose/Super mech route this time. What are the best Power Parts to be brought over to the 2nd playthrough?

Loona

Ewww, you chose Crowe ~Browner Remix~ over Chitose? :p

Soji's pretty chill, and Crowe's games never got officially translated...

He also doesn't seem to have a specific gimmick like Crowe's debt hanging over him, so that's not the first comparison that would have come to mind.

I do expect Nine and the W series robot girls to have some interesting interactions by the time V's originals make it to the OG games...

Also, is it me or do the original robot units in V have some design traits in common with the Database faction antagonists from W?... I wonder if that too will be a thing later down the OG series...

Yeah my biggest fear is not being able to handle the final boss/later bosses of the game. I am upgrading 5-6 units as much as I can and I finally unlocked the 4th rank of the TAC shop so now I will probably just start spamming EVD skill ups. I hear those work well.

Bebpo

Banned
Ewww, you chose Crowe ~Browner Remix~ over Chitose? :p

I liked Soji? I mean he's not best protagnist in SRW Crowe, but he was a perfectly acceptable MC that you'd get a beer with. I liked that he didn't have any anime trauma type thing, he was just a cool dude trying to help out. Much, much better than Hibiki.

Didn't play Chitose past the first few stages, so can't comment on her personality much.

Loona

I liked Soji? I mean he's not best protagnist in SRW Crowe, but he was a perfectly acceptable MC that you'd get a beer with. I liked that he didn't have any anime trauma type thing, he was just a cool dude trying to help out. Much, much better than Hibiki.

Soji does have at least one major incident in his past and he's not quite over it, but he doesn't let it dominate his dialog or anything like that - so far it has only come up when prodded by Nine.

cj_iwakura

So what's the better game, this or Moon Dwellers? I kind of want Moon Dwellers more, since I'm pretty attached to the the OG cast.

manfestival

I play this game casually from time to time since I can only play games casually lately since I can barely dedicate more than 1 hour at a time and do so before going to bed. ANYWAYS, are power parts unlocked by accomplishing specific tasks? Should I really get a good use from the operations rooms? I dont know what to be buying with skill points and what not to make the most OP unit. I just spend a ton of credits hoping that it makes my units fully upgraded or at least to level 10 so I can get their buffs. Feels like I am missing out on so much simply because I am unfamiliar with general tactics and the game isnt very good at explaining the ups and downs of things.

killatopak

Gold Member
I play this game casually from time to time since I can only play games casually lately since I can barely dedicate more than 1 hour at a time and do so before going to bed. ANYWAYS, are power parts unlocked by accomplishing specific tasks? Should I really get a good use from the operations rooms? I dont know what to be buying with skill points and what not to make the most OP unit. I just spend a ton of credits hoping that it makes my units fully upgraded or at least to level 10 so I can get their buffs. Feels like I am missing out on so much simply because I am unfamiliar with general tactics and the game isnt very good at explaining the ups and downs of things.

Upgrading to 10 isn't always cost effective on the first run through of the game. It's much better to spread your upgrades over all units as the bonus of the 10 upgrades' best effect is just an additional slot for a power part which you won't have many of since you'll be spending your points on skills. Of course if you want a select number of OP mechs then feel free to maximize their upgrades. Basically, upgrading to level 5 would unlock a mech's special bonus specific to them while upgrading to level 10 would just give a generic bonus of which you can choose if you want an additional power part slot, terrain rank increase etc.

Power parts can be obtained in a few ways. One is being given by the stage, boss or stepping on a specific tile on a specific stages. The other is buying them through the factory and spending your TaCP-whatever points to buy them. Since TaCP is shared between all characters and is also used to buy skills, you have to decide if you want skills or parts. I personally prefer the skills since the game is generous in giving parts to you and sometimes I'm too lazy to switch around the part between the party members.

squall23

So what's the better game, this or Moon Dwellers? I kind of want Moon Dwellers more, since I'm pretty attached to the the OG cast.
OGMD feels like a calm before the storm that is the @3 story. The majority of the game feels like an OG version of SRWJ featuring GC and Great Battle. I enjoyed it if only because I'm one of the very few people that played GC and didn't hate it.

This game has Mazinger Zero, Mazinemperor G, and Might Gaine. So my personal opinion is to play both games.

cj_iwakura

OGMD feels like a calm before the storm that is the @3 story. The majority of the game feels like an OG version of SRWJ featuring GC and Great Battle. I enjoyed it if only because I'm one of the very few people that played GC and didn't hate it.

This game has Mazinger Zero, Mazinemperor G, and Might Gaine. So my personal opinion is to play both games.

I'm not familiar with most of the mecha fanservice, lol. I've seen the original Gundam, Zeta, the original Macross, DYRL, Evangelion, Gunbuster, and TTGL. I think that's about it.

But Excellen and Kyosuke? That's my jam.

squall23

I'm not familiar with most of the mecha fanservice, lol. I've seen the original Gundam, Zeta, the original Macross, DYRL, Evangelion, Gunbuster, and TTGL. I think that's about it.

But Excellen and Kyosuke? That's my jam.
They do next to nothing in the game, and it's sadly going to stay that way due to the passing of Excellen's VA and the increasing importance of older characters specifically Ryusei, Kusuha, and Bullet.

There are also other personal reasons why I enjoyed OGMD, but it'd be going into spoiler territory.

manfestival

Upgrading to 10 isn't always cost effective on the first run through of the game. It's much better to spread your upgrades over all units as the bonus of the 10 upgrades' best effect is just an additional slot for a power part which you won't have many of since you'll be spending your points on skills. Of course if you want a select number of OP mechs then feel free to maximize their upgrades. Basically, upgrading to level 5 would unlock a mech's special bonus specific to them while upgrading to level 10 would just give a generic bonus of which you can choose if you want an additional power part slot, terrain rank increase etc.

Power parts can be obtained in a few ways. One is being given by the stage, boss or stepping on a specific tile on a specific stages. The other is buying them through the factory and spending your TaCP-whatever points to buy them. Since TaCP is shared between all characters and is also used to buy skills, you have to decide if you want skills or parts. I personally prefer the skills since the game is generous in giving parts to you and sometimes I'm too lazy to switch around the part between the party members.
wow awesome advice. I am gonna def put this into consideration after TI ends tonight

Loona

V is the more self-contained experience, while MD seems to be all about setting up things for the OG verse - I'm yet to complete either though, so my perspective may be a bit incomplete.

It may be worth noting that comparing both games' Beginner modes, MD's still points out SR points you can aim for, so it encourages you to optimize your understanding of the game's mechanics and units, while that doesn't really seem to be a concern in V.

Tsukumo

How is the Balance for OG Moon Dwellers? I can go through the whole game without upgrading?

Yes, but strategies are very narrow. Usually there is only just one tactic you can use to solve an SR point requirement.

V by a thousand mile.
Dwellers plot is good around the new originals but the old ones really don't shine much. Granted there's just too many characters to make them interact properly without stretching every intermission for more than thirty minutes, but many characters are sort of considered "stapled" by the writers and no effort is put into explore their personality more.
Also SRW usually have really interesting combo when new characters are introduced: Jeeg's Hiroshi and Gai from Gaogaigar bonding over being cyborgs in Alpha 2 is something completely missing in OG games after Generations. Screenplays until Gaiden were superb.
And personally I prefer SRW animations in terms of dynamic kills over OG.

GC is fantastic. Being dying to play XO my entire life. Definitely getting a jp 360 next time I go to Japan.

squall23

I wish Macross 7 made it in this game :(
Bard units are the best
Macross 7 only appears in games where the enemies are super tough story-wise due to how broken Basara actually is. The enemy factions in this game aren't that strong compared to what other games have.

Also, it's nice to have a break from Macross in SRW after so many games with Frontier in it.

I find as I continue to progress through the game I'm really only using 5-6 units that are either able to completely tank (Mazinger, Daitarn) or evade everything. Only on chapter 24 and all 4 ranks of the TAC shop are unlocked and now I can use them all on skills which make my pilots even more broken.

Can someone explain how Black Getter is supposed to be a boss killer though? I haven't really seen that trait from him and people keep saying he's really good for destroying bosses with lots of HP.

manfestival

is it standard SRW practice that they introduce new characters in every chapter? It is getting a little tiring but I understand why they do it. Halfway through the story it seems to be dragging despite so much going on. Cant help also that I love reals way more than supers. Plus it seems one of my favorite units in the whole game has like 3 attacks and that is laaame. Loving the game so far especially now that I have added some improvements to many of my characters. I feel much more strategic. I also fully upgraded chitose and she is a MONSTER

killatopak

Gold Member
I find as I continue to progress through the game I'm really only using 5-6 units that are either able to completely tank (Mazinger, Daitarn) or evade everything. Only on chapter 24 and all 4 ranks of the TAC shop are unlocked and now I can use them all on skills which make my pilots even more broken.

Can someone explain how Black Getter is supposed to be a boss killer though? I haven't really seen that trait from him and people keep saying he's really good for destroying bosses with lots of HP.

I don't think Black Getter is a boss killer. It's more that the upgrades you give to him will carry over to the pilot's new mech which is the real boss killer. That and the one who gave you advice probably had Ryoma, who is the pilot, have his ace bonus which makes his attacks have 30% more damage if his focus is high iirc. That and his new mech will feature a triple pilot system which means you have three seishin/spirit banks and I think one of them has Zeal which allows the mech to have another turn while Ryoma has Valor which doubles his damage.

Skills are pretty broken in this game especially if you just focus on a few characters. Potential for example is great skill to invest in since it's pretty cheap and unlike previous games, the price of it never scales on the level of potential the pilot has.

is it standard SRW practice that they introduce new characters in every chapter? It is getting a little tiring but I understand why they do it. Halfway through the story it seems to be dragging despite so much going on. Cant help also that I love reals way more than supers. Plus it seems one of my favorite units in the whole game has like 3 attacks and that is laaame. Loving the game so far especially now that I have added some improvements to many of my characters. I feel much more strategic. I also fully upgraded chitose and she is a MONSTER

To be fair there are significantly more reals in the series list than supers so it's not surprising the reals are taking center stage in this game. It's the first time they had Mazinger Zero and Mazin Emperor G in it so I'm pretty lenient in their series list. I'm sure you'll love supers too once they ramp up and get upgrades all over the place story-wise.

I don't think Black Getter is a boss killer. It's more that the upgrades you give to him will carry over to the pilot's new mech which is the real boss killer. That and the one who gave you advice probably had Ryoma, who is the pilot, have his ace bonus which makes his attacks have 30% more damage if his focus is high iirc. That and his new mech will feature a triple pilot system which means you have three seishin/spirit banks and I think one of them has Zeal which allows the mech to have another turn while Ryoma has Valor which doubles his damage.

Skills are pretty broken in this game especially if you just focus on a few characters. Potential for example is great skill to invest in since it's pretty cheap and unlike previous games, the price of it never scales on the level of potential the pilot has.

Ah okay, I am assuming that's because Ryoma goes to
Shin Getter correct?
. Also is it possible to update the Newtype skill?

killatopak

Gold Member
Ah okay, I am assuming that's because Ryoma goes to
Shin Getter correct?
. Also is it possible to update the Newtype skill?

Yes. What do you mean by update? Cyber Newtype characters usually turn into Newtypes once they get aced. Levels in both types of newtypes automatically increases as the character's level increases.

Got my copy a few days ago, already put a lot of time into it. I'm on chapter 34, and so far Judau/ZZ is my top Ace so far, but Amuro/Nu Gundam was my first fully upgraded suit (minus weapons, lol) and is my "throw into a huge crowd and watch him kill everything without taking a hit" guy.

I love how earnest the game is about all these series being thrown together, despite how dumb it is. Ryoma giving pep talks to Shinji is great.

Game is great, I'm glad I don't have to check a wiki/faq for all the stats/abilities/spirits, lol

I mostly use the high mobility units, but I always keep MazingerZ and Getter in my sorties because I love their how they just brute force through everything.

Soji's pretty chill, and Crowe's games never got officially translated...

Didn't play Chitose past the first few stages, so can't comment on her personality much.

LEL, you guys are not supposed to reply seriously.

Yeah my biggest fear is not being able to handle the final boss/later bosses of the game. I am upgrading 5-6 units as much as I can and I finally unlocked the 4th rank of the TAC shop so now I will probably just start spamming EVD skill ups. I hear those work well.

This game is nuts. I can usually only play one stage a day but sometimes two if the first one is short.

Currently on stage 21. It's getting to the point where I am only using 9-10 of the robots I like. Currently going with the following:

The Command ships (Yamato, Nadeisco, Tuatha de Danaan, Poly 2 'or whatever its called')
Daitarn 3 - SUN BEAM ATTACK
ARX-7 Arbalest - Full Metal Panic is one of my favorite animes and I like Sousuke
Vilkiss - Just an all around decent unit
Razor - Apparently I'm told she gets a good Ace bonus otherwise I don't like her
Mazinger - Tanky as hell
Black Getter - Supposedly he is a good boss killer but I haven't seen it yet
ν Gundam - Piloted by Amuro, the original!
00 Qan[T] - I really, really, really like this unit with Setsuna. I've never even watched this Gundam series but I may have to after playing with this guy.
Mightgaine - I need those TAC points

Any other recommendations while I am still early in the campaign? I know theres another 30-35 stages to go or so.

Your fear is baseless, really. The beating the game isn't particularly hard if you play normally.

If you're liking movie Setsuna, then I guess you should indeed watch 00 series. At the very least, you won't get disappointed at the end.

How isc the Balance for OG Moon Dwellers? I can go through the whole game without upgrading?

Sorry, can't help you there. I haven't played OG Moon Dwellers, and have no plans to do so.

I'm guessing it should be possible in OG MD. FWIW, I got all emblems in SRW V, doing a no-upgrade, no-TacP, no ExAction use run(two SR points literally require use of ExAction so it's route dependent).

I tried quickgoogling "JL Lee no upgrade" and didn't get any result. I don't know anyone else who reguarly records his no upgrade run. :/

Also is it possible to update the Newtype skill?

No. Upping innate skills like Newtype or Ship Captain are only possible through levelling up.

killatopak

Gold Member
I'm guessing it should be possible in OG MD. FWIW, I got all emblems in SRW V, doing a no-upgrade, no-TacP, no ExAction use run(two SR points literally require use of ExAction so it's route dependent).

I don't know how that is humanly possible with or without save scumming but that's amazing.

I don't know how that is humanly possible with or without save scumming but that's amazing.

Definitely possible.

The following is empirical from Scenario 50:
Salamandine/Enryuugo vs Embryo/Hysterica

Salamdine
198 Dodge Stat
194 Hit Stat
Pilot Skill: 見切り Lv2 (Final Hit Rate/Final Dodge Rate/Critical Rate +10% at 130 Morale)
Enryuugo
138 Mobility
162 Aiming
Enhancement Parts - S-Adapter + External Gravity Wave Antenna

Embryo
198 Dodge Stat
202 Hit Stat
Pilot Skill: 天才(Genius) (+20% to Hit Rate/Dodge Rate/Critical Rate).
Pilot Skill: Pressure (If own skill is higher than enemy, increase damage against enemy, receive less damage from enemy).
Hysterica
155 Mobility
220 Aiming

Same distance to at all points (4 cells; 参龍号一斉攻撃's max range)

Hit Rate with nothing else other than Salamandine's 見切り
Sala -> Embr 15%
Embr -> Sala 100%

+Putting Sala right next to Nadeshiko C (Leadership Lv4 + Ace'd Digital Fairy)
Sala -> Embr 58%
Embr -> Sala 92%

+Jamming Capability (+10% Dodge/Hit; not stated in-game to be final but seems be)
Sala -> Embr 68%
Embr -> Sala 82%

+seishin 集中/concentrate
Sala -> Embr 98%
Embr -> Sala 52%

+seishin かく乱/distraction
Sala -> Embr 98%
Embr -> Sala 0%

Who needs reload spam when you can do this? I just turned a ~"150%" hit rate against Salamdine to 0, and her hit rate against Hysterica to almost 100%.

The changes SRW V did allows for some strategy previously not allowed.

集中 for example is greatly buffed for anyone who comes with 底力/Potential. Instead of using it at the start of the turn, you delay it until you need it.
1. Let enemy have 70%
2. Get hit.
3. ????
Potential activates; probably
4. Use 集中
5. You now have more dodge/hit rate than before.

Sure it will only for half a turn (if used on enemy turn), but it makes later turns safer. Then there's also the fact that 不屈/Fortitude is common among high mobility pilots.

The only other thing you'd reload for is critical rate. And only for the main attacker, since Chitose is basically auto-crits on assist attack anyways. But early on, it's easier to activate Potential, since V's let's slowly increase enemy stat as stage goes on haven't really kicked heavy yet.

By mid game, you use nekketsu and tamashii and they disable critical strikes, anyways.

Next would be when fine tuning enemy HP who runs away. But you could, in fact, calculate it - damage in SRW is deterministic. As long as you get his morale increment values, you could indeed finetune enemy HP without reloading. Currently at work, but I had made an patched up calc on excel for damage because I wanted to determine how bad the new balancing values are.

Depending on what you consider save-scumming, I guess I do on enemy HP fine tuning. Faster to do it 2~3 times than calculate it, yo!

Also, when they killed units I was trying to Ace due to secrets etc. huhuhuh

As an aside, the sore thumb in the comparatively increased (+increasing as game goes on) enemy stat is Armor. This is the reason why people think "Potential is too powerful in this game". Potential remained the same, but then you have a goddamn Crossbone Gundam X2 that has 2700+ armor in late game. Enemy damage and hit rate increased, too, but they didn't outright shut out certain units.

killatopak

Gold Member
Definitely possible.

The following is empirical from Scenario 50:

Who needs reload spam when you can do this? I just turned a ~"150%" hit rate against Salamdine to 0, and her hit rate against Hysterica to almost 100%.

The changes SRW V did allows for some strategy previously not allowed.

集中 for example is greatly buffed for anyone who comes with 底力/Potential. Instead of using it at the start of the turn, you delay it until you need it.
1. Let enemy have 70%
2. Get hit.
3. ????
Potential activates; probably
4. Use 集中
5. You now have more dodge/hit rate than before.

Sure it will only for half a turn (if used on enemy turn), but it makes later turns safer. Then there's also the fact that 不屈/Fortitude is common among high mobility pilots.

The only other thing you'd reload for is critical rate. And only for the main attacker, since Chitose is basically auto-crits on assist attack anyways. But early on, it's easier to activate Potential, since V's let's slowly increase enemy stat as stage goes on haven't really kicked heavy yet.

By mid game, you use nekketsu and tamashii and they disable critical strikes, anyways.

Next would be when fine tuning enemy HP who runs away. But you could, in fact, calculate it - damage in SRW is deterministic. As long as you get his morale increment values, you could indeed finetune enemy HP without reloading. Currently at work, but I had made an patched up calc on excel for damage because I wanted to determine how bad the new balancing values are.

Depending on what you consider save-scumming, I guess I do on enemy HP fine tuning. Faster to do it 2~3 times than calculate it, yo!

Also, when they killed units I was trying to Ace due to secrets etc. huhuhuh

As an aside, the sore thumb in the comparatively increased (+increasing as game goes on) enemy stat is Armor. This is the reason why people think "Potential is too powerful in this game". Potential remained the same, but then you have a goddamn Crossbone Gundam X2 that has 2700+ armor in late game. Enemy damage and hit rate increased, too, but they didn't outright shut out certain units.

Hmmm. Maybe I should try a no upgrade run. Are parts allowed?

--

I finished my second run through of the game as Chitose and super this time. I gotta say that GranVang is a much better mech. It's size L plus it has tons of mobility as well. I'll keep using it on future playthroughs.

One thing I noticed is that money is very easy to earn in this game. I guess it's because they aren't cutting the carry over money. I managed to 50% upgrade every mech and 100% upgrade 23 mechs and all the battleships. Really easy to do once I got the power part that gives fortune to everybody.

Top Bottom