• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXVI| Build a Wall (of Better Top 20 Albums)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reckoner

I was hyped af for it but imma need some time with this album. This slaps so hard that when Kilo Kish starts singing it's like a sweet summer breeze coming out the window.

R-10229848-1494515089-3321.png.jpg
[/URL]

Whew!

New Danger DOom album, please.

Catvoca

Banned
Listened to Big Fish Theory a few more times and it's definitely growing on me. Might have set my expectations too high. The production really is so good.

Party people is my shit.

Edit: Vince's new video for Rain Come Down is basically a fucking sprite commercial lmao.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
No detailed thoughts on Big Fish theory but I definitely fuck with it. I can see it doing well in London because we're more used to the combination of uptempo beats and rap thanks to grime.

Also, top tier workout music.

OG Kush

No detailed thoughts on Big Fish theory but I definitely fuck with it. I can see it doing well in London because we're more used to the combination of uptempo beats and rap thanks to grime.

Also, top tier workout music.

I remember someone here posting about how they wish Vince ushers in a new generation of electronic rap music. All I was thinking was that's already around, it's called Grime.... key instrumentals like Youngstar - Pulse X

This vince staples right up my alley then, will have to check out.

Young thug is fucking wack

Terrible voice, terrible flows, terrible bars.

Garbage. He gets propped up because people love supporting diversity, this silly motherfucker capitalised on these corny blogger motherfuckers by crossdressing and being a weirdo.

He makes bad rap music.

Anyone lumping him with Future is corny too. Future has been the rap star the last few years. Well deserved too, he does what he does better than anyone.

I for real always thought Khaled did all his own producing. When it turns out he's actually a producer in the non hip hop meaning of the word, picking beatmakers and rappers to team up. He's a glorified Puffy

OG Kush

Young thug is fucking wack

Terrible voice, terrible flows, terrible bars.

Garbage. He gets propped up because people love supporting diversity, this silly motherfucker capitalised on these corny blogger motherfuckers by crossdressing and being a weirdo.

He makes bad rap music.

Anyone lumping him with Future is corny too. Future has been the rap star the last few years. Well deserved too, he does what he does better than anyone.

I for real always thought Khaled did all his own producing. When it turns out he's actually a producer in the non hip hop meaning of the word, picking beatmakers and rappers to team up. He's a glorified Puffy

I'm actually quite embarrassed about my posts earlier this week bigging up Thug's new album. I should have let it marinate for a bit. Nowhere near as amazing as I once thought. I still think Thug doesn't make good "rap" music, but he has a great ear for melodies.

Kendrick's verse aint even bad. Fits the track.

Not sure on my thoughts other than the beats are dope. This feels like another EP rather than his newest LP. A bit let down even though I wasn't expecting much after the last two singles.

FZZ

Banned
Big Fish Theory is really good production wise

some of Vince's verses I need to take a longer look at

stand out tracks for me are Samo, BagBak, and Rain Come Down

Actually this one is booty. Jeffrey was okay. Seriously this album is goddamn trash aside from Till Infinity

Have no idea what you're talking about

Great songs: Family Don't Matter, Tomorrow Til Infinity, Feel It, Take Care

Good songs: Relationship, Oh Yeah, For Y'all

everything else is skippable but Me Or Us gives me a Yoshis Woolly World vibe with that guitar tbh

Jeffrey on the other hand had a lot of good songs but only like two great ones

Servbot24

Banned
In what way? He has electronic producers on his album and has been doing quite a few electronic songs lately. This is not a knock, it's actually a better attempt at this than say Asap Ferg last album

This album just doesn't sound like festival music at all to me. Though a few of these songs like Yeah Right would definitely be great

I dont agree about your assessment of DAMN, but yes, Kendrick has always been a cause celebre for obnoxious White hip hop fans who throw around terms like "real hip hop."
He likely reminds these types of people of Eminem, with the wordplay and the diverse flows.
I only have an issue with Kendrick stans when they shit on other, equally legitimate forms of hip hop. Like Future, Migos and Young Thug, who they hate because they feel culturally alienated by those type of rappers.
Those type of "fans" and that corrosive mindset is exactly why the rock genre been fucking stagnant since the early 2000s. We dont need them infecting hip hop with their bullshit.

LOL.

Complain about obnoxious white hip hop fans while bringing up Thugger and Migos, brehs.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
2 Chainz - Trap Check video. Nothing really stuck with me from the 2 Chainz album, all kind of meh, but this is one of the better cuts IMO.

DJ Khaled ft. Sizzla - I'm So Grateful (Intro) video.

Grateful really just a better version of Big Fish Theory when you think about it. Perhaps most obviously, Khaled is better at intertwining different sounds into a compilation, which Vince failed miserably at with his shit sounding like a autogenerated soundcloud playlist. Furthermore, the Drake single does the whole rapping-for-20-seconds-and-letting-the-beat-do-the-rest-of-the-work thing better, and it's in the minority of the album instead of all over it with varying degrees of production quality. And there's no shitty Kendrick verse killing the momentum of what was a dope interlude, in fact, and he didn't have to but I am #grateful he did, Khaled goes a step further and doesn't have a Kendrick verse on the project at all.

Vince really got that one hot album every 400 tweet average 💯💯💯 Summertime '06 was really just an anomaly, but there's no shame in joining CyHi, Theo London, Elijah Blake, Frank Ocean, Young Dro, Juelz Santana etc. in the "one great album and then drop off a cliff" tier of artists. Most never even get that far. His spot in history secure, though. #ItsSecured #ItsSecured

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How you going to drop a 35min EP full of duds
When you're a social media/YT personality first and foremost. Let's not forget the last waste management greatest hits EP he dropped either.

Hopefully it works out better for Rich Chigga and his career lasts longer than Vince's did.

overcast

Vince's rapping and production on Big Fish sound like theyre interrupting each other
Yeah I mean lyrics don't take backseat completely cause I'm sure he's got some good bars here but I'll need to pay close attention to pick all of that up. The production is so heavy, for better or worse.

Not sure how I feel but I appreciate Vince going out and making something complicated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom