• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Soul Sacrifice - New SCE Vita action game, May 10 Conference [Up: Ad Images]

duckroll

https://twitter.com/#!/sinobintage/status/192416746911711232

Announcement of an announcement, etc. Sinobi is a reliable Japanese retail blogger. He has posted on Twitter that there will be an announcement conference for a new Vita game called "Soul Sacrifice" on May 10 at the Tokyo International Forum venue.

The key themes of the game are "A story about magicians", "the concept of evolved co-op battles", and "high spec graphics for creating a realistic fantasy world". No word on the developer or publisher, or any other information so far.

Edit: More info.

Ah, apparently there's an illustration of the game in Famitsu. It shows 4 characters fighting against a huge monster. Definitely sounds like a Monhun clone of some sort. Apparently those who register their PSN IDs will be able to stream the conference in May. There's a website but it isn't active yet: http://pscom.jp/SOULSACRIFICE

Seems first party...

Edit 2:

There is no game article, and it is purely a 6 page paid ad, so there's no problem with posting this:

SofaU.jpg

YUFs2.jpg

alF1r.jpg

Does not look anything like Demon's Souls or Dark Souls, certainly doesn't look like a From Software game either.

Bukana

Co-op + Magicians + Realistic Fantasy World=
image.php

Also, why did I read Sinobi as Shinobi.

NEW INFO:

The magazine has the scoop on “Soul Sacrifice”. Details are essentially non-existent at this point. One piece of art is showcased in the magazine showing four characters facing off against a big monster. “Story of magician/sorcerers,” “Evolved battle concept” and “True fantasy shown in high spec” are keywords.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Co-Op? A story about magicians? High-Spec graphics? An announcement conference?!?

Well whatever it is, it can't live up to all that buzzword hype :(

Co-Op? A story about magicians? High-Spec graphics? An announcement conference?!?

Description screams Monster Hunter clone, so yeah...

The best outcome would be God Eater 2 or some kind of Demon/Dark Soul spin-off (though the latter is already available in "high spec graphics").

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
I see the words "Souls" and "fantasy world" so my brain is thinking: portable Dark Souls/Demon Souls!

While that would be awesome, that would also be somewhat dangerous for my Vita... I don't think I'd want an excuse to throw my Vita across the room in frustration. :p

duckroll

Ah, apparently there's an illustration of the game in Famitsu. It shows 4 characters fighting against a huge monster. Definitely sounds like a Monhun clone of some sort. Apparently those who register their PSN IDs will be able to stream the conference in May. There's a website but it isn't active yet: http://pscom.jp/SOULSACRIFICE

Seems first party...

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised

First party with aid from From to make a Mohun/Soul game would be about there.

Again, i'd need to buy a huge sponge ball that i could walk around in like a hamster because a Souls style game on the Vita would see some handheld chucking

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
If Sony are working on a MonHun clone, it leads me to believe it's a reaction to MonHun not coming to the system.
Which I thought was obvious by now, but a lot of people still think it's coming.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
If Sony are working on a MonHun clone, it leads me to believe it's a reaction to MonHun not coming to the system.
Which I thought was obvious by now, but a lot of people still think it's coming.

at the very very "best" it's a hedged bet but i am with you - i personally do not see Monster Hunter coming to the Vita. I think the series has entered a special agreement with Nintendo designed to ensure it remains a huge franchise for the rest of time.

impact

Banned
at the very very "best" it's a hedged bet but i am with you - i personally do not see Monster Hunter coming to the Vita. I think the series has entered a special agreement with Nintendo designed to ensure it remains a huge franchise for the rest of time.

moneyhat

maybe they started it that way, but then capcom changed their minds? c:

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, I do get the impression there's been a lot of backroom dealing going on with MH and DQ.

Dark_AnNiaLatOr
(Today, 09:13 PM)
Quote | Edit

Maybe it's possible that Sony has been heavily in development of a first party Monster Hunter killer.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a coincidence! Can I qualify as an analyst now?

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Dark_AnNiaLatOr
(Today, 09:13 PM)
Quote | Edit

Maybe it's possible that Sony has been heavily in development of a first party Monster Hunter killer.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What a coincidence! Can I qualify as an analyst now?

Get back to us when we confirm its actually a Monster Hunter clone. :p

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Soul Sacrifice sounds like a Souls game for Vita.

You know, considering how we're either guessing its a Souls-type game or a Monster Hunter-type game... we're not considering the THIRD option:

A Souls+Monster Hunter type game made by FROM.

Acrylic7

Seems first party...

the crap is this thing? Nasne?
http://www.jp.playstation.com/

looks like a new ps3. I know its not, just pointing it out.

the crap is this thing? Nasne?
http://www.jp.playstation.com/

looks like a new ps3. I know its not, just pointing it out.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=470541

Sony has announced "nasne", a standalone home network HUB that works with PlayStation 3 and PS Vita

It features a built in 500GB hard disc drive and a digital terrestrial and satellite broadcasting tuner. If you connect nasne to your home network you can watch and record digital terrestrial and satellite telly through a dedicated application on your PS3, called "torne". You can also access recorded content from Vita, Sony tablets and Xperia devices. Nasne can also stream live or recorded TV simultaneously onto two supported Sony devices.

You can also use nasne to store your movies, photos and music on the 500GB built-in HDD, which can be connected using a home network. You can add an external HDD to nasne to increase the storage space.

As for the game itself? interesting.

I like the focus on magician and sorcerer. they're so versatile and varied that it can provide plenty of great playstyle if they can get it right. you can have standard elemental ranged attack like fireball etc, or melee based enchantment buff/debuff magic, or summoner let you control minions to attack, or some mind control magic like making smaller enemies to fight for you etc.

one of the reason why I think MH is so successful is because it's various weapon come with it's own playstyle, and each is deep enough that you can play the game for many hours without touching other weapon.

Canova

Banned
The magazine has the scoop on “Soul Sacrifice”. Details are essentially non-existent at this point. One piece of art is showcased in the magazine showing four characters facing off against a big monster. “Story of magician/sorcerers,” “Evolved battle concept” and “True fantasy shown in high spec” are keywords.

All they have to do is copy and paste Demon's Souls combat, then we're good to go (since they own the code asset anyway)

pramath

Banned
First party Monster Hunter clone?
Very interested, even if not necessarily from a personal perspective (barring Monster Hunter itself, almost no games in the genre have ever appealed to me).

Sony needs to develop a true system selling franchise in its portfolio. This could potentially be the first step towards that.
Color me intrigued.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
https://twitter.com/#!/sinobintage/status/192416746911711232

Announcement of an announcement, etc. Sinobi is a reliable Japanese retail blogger. He has posted on Twitter that there will be an announcement conference for a new Vita game called "Soul Sacrifice" on May 10 at the Tokyo International Forum venue.

The key themes of the game are "A story about magicians", "the concept of evolved co-op battles", and "high spec graphics for creating a realistic fantasy world". No word on the developer or publisher, or any other information so far.

Edit: More info.

Seems first party...
One hour before you posted this, me in the Lumines Producer: Major Vita Games in the Works topic.

I predicted MHP would save the PSP even before the first game ever released in 2005. Back then, I also said that if Sony were smart, then they would be hard at work on their very own in-house, MH inspired Pokemon killer. I honestly still feel that way.

Having a PokeMonHun level game only works to its potential when the game is exclusive. When Vita receives its first MonHun it will definitely help boost the platform, but not to the same affect it had when it was a portable exclusive.

Sony needs to have their very own game that has the appeal and popularity of games like Pokemon and MonHun that can never be made for a competing platform. I am pretty surprised that Sony had not yet invested considerable manpower and money into developing a game like that.

Interesting indeed. Can't wait to see what they came up with.

GorillaJu

If its Sony first party it's likely to be very good. It's exciting news nonetheless. I love my Vita, just need more excuses to play it!

Top Bottom