• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

k_Reign

Oh god guys...I just got so excited. If Kat is in this game...it will be the best thing in the world. At least in the game. I can't wait; I really hope she's in.....this game is great as it is.

I approve of everything said here. That option is a good idea... HEY SUPERBOT LOOK HERE

I've been saying this too, you as the player should be highlighted over everyone else. I hate getting tossed around and having to dart my eyes to find myself.

I'd also like a color coded aura for those with Level 1, 2, and 3 supers.

Boss Man

Maybe they could at least remove the '1P', '2P', '3P', '4P' icons for characters who are not playing locally. Or make them smaller or something.

k_Reign

Oh, also, in case anyone was wondering, the sound effects are much better than they seemed to be in the videos we've seen before the beta. It's awesome that they're still working on them!

What do you mean attack you off screen? Like with a ranged attack? Wouldn't you see that coming still?

Also, the super still has to come on screen to hit you right? Unless it's one of the supers that kills you automatically, and in that case it doesn't matter.

Plus, it could simply be an option.

For stuff like Cole's super, the camera would need to zoom out for everyone. So in some cases, the camera would need to revert to how it is now. Still, for most of the fight, it could be a lot more involved with the player's character.

It'd require some work, but man it just seems too disconnected right now. I hope it's a lot better when you're playing.

For a lot of supers theres warning or delay to let the other players know that this person is about to unleash their super. Its crucial to be able to see this. Even for supers like fatt P and Parappa's lvls 2 where I dont think theres any warning, your cutting down on the reaction time you have to dodge. And the chicken and skateboard supers move quick. I think most would agree being able to see everyone at all times is crucial.

I only lose track if there are multiples of the same character. Parappa especially, it's hard to tell them apart when stuff is blowing up everywhere because he's so small.

A zoomed-in camera with indicators would be really confusing, you really need to be able to see everyone's positions at all times. I think an option that highlights you more on your screen would be nice.

I agree with this!

I have to agree that the menu music isn't impressive at all. I personally think it sounds rather amateurish. I'd like to hear more, though.

I watched some videos of the beta. It seems a little hard to keep track of yourself, but it looks like a blast to play. Sly's invisibility appears to be very helpful.

What if during the boot up of the game when it goes through it's "Sony Computer Entertainment" and "Superbot" Title screens these things played during them?

http://youtu.be/goPduGKpcIE

http://youtu.be/j0aBh9PiW6w

Or better yet mix the two together in someway. I'd trip so hard if that'd happen.

That would actually be incredible. It is a celebration of PlayStation, after all, and the original PlayStation's start-up screen is very iconic.

SmithnCo

lol, people are joining the asylum left and right.

I think cardscodes has cards, heard they might take a while though? PC Game Supply is still OOS of the cheap ones.

LuuKyK

This thread makes me feel lonely with everyone playing the beta already

Please come to NA soon :'(

You are not alone man!

We have to be strong, and faithful that we'll be playing it SOON!

ipxY2CpjdBJBL.gif

lol, people are joining the asylum left and right.

I think cardscodes has cards, heard they might take a while though? PC Game Supply is still OOS of the cheap ones.

They just needed a second email from me to push them to send it quicker. I'm very happy with their service though :D

Just got an email for the developer beta :) NA region
Edit: bah maintenance!

No I'm not a dev, its just what they call it in the email? I don't think it's any different than the private beta going on right now

I hope that they don't limit the western regions to invite only betas. Sony rarely invites me to these things.

KevinCow

Banned
Clockwork, SuperBot, whoever's reading this thread: I will love you very much if you get me one of those messages Revolutionary got.

So to those who have played it do you think that it has the potential to be a big seller this holiday?

With Sony's $150 rumored PS3, it has potential. IMO, it's about advertising. Sony needs to advertise these characters and the game, and not in a lame KB ad either. Have a demo, have a public beta open to PS+ and then the public, and have a 60 minute full game trial for Plus. They ought to even preinstall the demos onto other games like LBP:Karting (which also needs help to sell) and see if they can put a demo on ACIII discs (since they are tight with EA), and the new PS3 slim

Hell, bundle the game for Xmas with the new PS3's and rake in the cash from DLC. If the game is good, then the fans will come, and from there it's a matter of word of mouth, advertising, reviews, etc.

I have high hopes that they make this a franchise, but if sales are poor, they are screwed. Cloud, Crash, Spyro, would all help sell this game. They need those characters.

Sony had planned maintenance today so i bet that is affecting things a lot.

Ah that's probably it, Just got off a successful game though.

No I'm not a dev, its just what they call it in the email? I don't think it's any different than the private beta going on right now

Download and tell us if it's any different, please. Also, every1 has access to forums

Boss Man

Hell, bundle the game for Xmas with the new PS3's and rake in the cash from DLC.
I've said before that this is exactly what they need to do. What better way to introduce people to all of your franchises, and what better game (has everyone's favorite characters) to sell a system with? It's perfect.

How do they have your email? Is it from the main Playstation All Stars site or?

Boss Man

You guys stop being greedy. This Beta needs to get into PSN user Malpractice's hands. Only he can elevate this game to its full potential.

Guys. I have deduced they are emailing the codes to Playstation Plus members email accounts. This is just a guess. But I think that's what they would do.
Also if it is exactly the same as the HK one (and we can play each other) then us HK players can relax haha

Download and tell us if it's any different, please. Also, every1 has access to forums

I'd love to, but the Store is undergoing maintenance. :(

How do they have your email? Is it from the main Playstation All Stars site or?

I honestly don't know. I vaguely remember signing up for the beta, but it could have been another Sony game for all I know (I know I did the same for LBP Karting and recently got in that as well). Sorry I'm not of much help.

I am a PS+ member, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom