• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SDCC: Metal Gear Solid 5 announced or not (Open Ground Reconnaissance Endeavour OGRE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely it has to be fake. Kojima Productions had a big fanfare and countdown to their terrible iPhone game, so I can't imagine them quietly sneaking this out.

Although "Open Ground Reconnaissance Endeavour" does seem like the kind of tortuous backronym that only Kojima could come up with...

k2WqG.png

Perkel

Banned
Surely it has to be fake. Kojima Productions had a big fanfare and countdown to their terrible iPhone game, so I can't imagine them quietly sneaking this out.

Although "Open Ground Reconnaissance Endeavour" does seem like the kind of tortuous acronym that only Kojima could come up with...

Few people said (Clif Ble) said Kojima show something amazing behind closed doors.

Pictures are likely leak from that presentation.

Also it would match up with people returning to home. Someone got few pics got back to home and uploaded them.

Comic Con doesn't really seem...classy enough to be announcing something like this.

If anything, something like this would happen at the MGS 25th Anniversary event next month. In Japan.

StuBurns

Banned
I never understood why anyone doubted their next game was MGS5, they've hardly been secretive about it.

Ironically, I've literally just started Peace Walker, nice timing.

Cw1sW.jpg

Anyway, TGS is only a couple of months away, wouldn't it be more likely to be announced there?

If (big if) this is real, then it would have been a behind closed doors thing under embargo and everything. This will either get a public reveal at TGS or VGA.

Comic Con doesn't really seem...classy enough to be announcing something like this.

If anything, something like this would happen at the MGS 25th Anniversary event next month. In Japan.

Something will most likely be announced there, whatever he was showing CliffyB probably. To me it seems like someone saw that CliffyB tweet from a few days ago and decided to whip these images up to fuck with people.

Kifimbo

Why not? Didn't they hint Metal Gear Rising at a North American event? On both occasions of its later reveal?

Because no AAA games, maybe outside of comic book games, were announced at SDCC in the past.

Because gamescom is right around the corner, with the Tokyo Game Show just after.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
iKFpjkotCnEA5.gif

They took the MGS3 logo and changed the 3 to a 5. Not the hardest thing to pull off and then photograph off a screen.

Takao

Banned
That's adorable. Nobody really believed Peace Walker was going to stay MGS5. I even remember saying back when it was released that Konami would inevitably announce a real MGS5 in the future. It just makes no sense to release a numbered entry in the series on a a handheld.

Dragon Quest, SMT, Hot Shots Golf am crai

Slime

Banned
What does this even mean?

I see "ENAMO" and "ALZBURG."

RENAMO is a real-world Mozambican guerilla organization Gray Fox was a part of, Galzburg is a fictional place in South Africa near Outer Heaven. "NFANTS" would obviously be "enfants."

Anyway, I'm calling fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom