• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 High-Res PC Screenshot Thread of Let the JPEG Die Already

owasog

Myst was one of the series that introduced me to gaming in the first place
Me too. Myst, Riven, Unreal, Planescape Torment. Memories.
Blew my mind when Myst 5 finally introduced real movement.
Actually it was Uru (Ages Beyond Myst) that introduced a realtime engine. Or, technically, realMyst, if you want to be real picky:

ibth7WLD4hfKBX.png

Finally completed Sleeping Dogs and I loved every bit of it! My last screenshot and a very action orientated one at that.

EDIT: Managed to do a decent job of editing out the FPS counter.

wonderfulfixedrsuj3.png

Finally completed Sleeping Dogs and I loved every bit of it! My last screenshot and a very action orientated one at that.

EDIT: Managed to do a decent job of editing out the FPS counter.

wonderfulfixedrsuj3.png

I'm not sure you already know this after that screenshot, but you can deactivate the fps counter on fraps screenshots. there's an option for that :p

I'm not sure you already know this after that screenshot, but you can deactivate the fps counter on fraps screenshots. there's an option for that :p

Its not that I was using the SweetFX screenshot utility to take the pictures. So I would forget to hide the counter when I started the game up and the counter would be included. No idea how to make sure it doesnt capture the overlays buts its a simple thing just to hide the counter.

Its not that I was using the SweetFX screenshot utility to take the pictures. So I would forget to hide the counter when I started the game up and the counter would be included. No idea how to make sure it doesnt capture the overlays buts its a simple thing just to hide the counter.

oh, my mistake then. It's just that the counter looks like the one fraps uses, so i just assumed you were using it.

Actually it was Uru (Ages Beyond Myst) that introduced a realtime engine. Or, technically, realMyst, if you want to be real picky:

Ah, one I never played but still feel silly that I didn't know that. Upon looking it up, seems to be third person? Can't believe we never played this, will have to check it out at some point. Do remember the rumblings of an online Myst and it seems this was it was, although that aspect never came to be.

Spazznid

is that game still only in japanese?

The English patch covers most essential stuff and pretty much every menu item/objective.

The Vita Version is in beta atm so the English release should be announced sometime soon, otherwise it's none too hard to play this with the JP ver. Just make sure you join ship 2 if you play. That's where all the engrish are!

owasog

Ah, one I never played but still feel silly that I didn't know that. Upon looking it up, seems to be third person? Do remember the rumblings of an online Myst and it seems this was it was, although that aspect never came to be.
You can play third or first person. It's a very beautiful game true to the Myst series. A must if you like Myst.

The online component is another story though. It only ran a few months before they shut it down. I tried it, it was absolutely horrible. Terrible connection problems, waiting 15 minutes to enter "the city" was no exception. Hardly any new content ever appeared, so when you completed all the puzzles, all you were left with was a 3-dimensional chat-box.
Apparently they put a server back up a few years ago for hardcore fans, but I never bothered to check it out. Yuck.

Top Bottom