• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| NINJAS IN SPAAAAACE - PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atomos cooks everything in a room. I think I'll stick a potato in it.

Now working on Saturn and Europa on my PC run; I've been soloing 99% of the time and Raptor was the biggest challenge so far - killed it on the third attempt after setting my Hek up for radiation and grabbing some ammo/energy restores. Also murdered Vay Hek on Earth once; that was a bitch of a fight too. I'll probably try to scour the second-tier Void treasure rooms for mods and run low-level survival for relics and leveling. Need some Formas.

Tovarisc

Finally got some stuff into oven to give variety to playing with Excalibur and Frost Prime.
warframe.x64_2017_07_iasoi.png
Meanwhile running with gear below, pondering if I should just purchase some weapon BP's from market?

Rolfgang

Finally got some stuff into oven to give variety to playing with Excalibur and Frost Prime.

Meanwhile running with gear below, pondering if I should just purchase some weapon BP's from market?

Do you have the Hek or Tigris? They are supposedly AAA-tier weapons. I have the Hek in the oven and will bake the Tigris after that.

VandalD

Atomos cooks everything in a room. I think I'll stick a potato in it.
Atomos is one of those weapons that is too good. Until it isn't. Then it just runs out of ammo without doing much. It's a lot like Ember, actually. Really fun secondary.

You should always be crafting something if you can be. Even if a weapon doesn't seem too interesting, or you don't hear about it all the time like Hek or Tonkor (RIP) or whatever, you may end up liking it. And it's still more mastery either way.

Do you have the Hek or Tigris? They are supposedly AAA-tier weapons. I have the Hek in the oven and will bake the Tigris after that.
On top of those, everyone should have a Sonicor in their arsenal. It does plenty of damage outside of top level sorties, and it almost always ragdolls enemies around with its blast. It's a lot of fun and very good, especially for the MR2 requirement. Not sure why I don't see it recommended more often.

Rolfgang

Less than a week away, I'm so excited.

Because it's not top tier, and all discussion of the game is focused around endgame instead of the progression towards it.

I just hope that I can get a Rakta Cernos one day. Or at least a Fire Rate mod for Rifles to negate that sluggishly slow charge rate of bows.

Naite

What's the current best farming spot/method for oxium? Pretty close to MR23 but everything I havent mastered needs a ton of it.

FeArTriX

How often do the 75% discount is given?

I really like the game and I want to support it, but the prices are just insanely high.

How often do the 75% discount is given?

I really like the game and I want to support it, but the prices are just insanely high.

Sorta rare? There's no real set rate at which the discount is given. But you have to get the platinum discount daily login which is uncommon enough.

So nice to see so many people on at once during the game. Two months ago it was usually just me and Vandal.

It helps that Saav re-established the alliance too.

I think the open world news re-ignited a lot of people's interest in Warframe. I know it did for me.

Also helps that the core game is really fun.

Doesn't show except during the daily login, I'm within five days of getting it I think though. At least 595.

That's crazy its like 3 months ahead of me LOL

Looking forward to your impressions since i was all about that shred in the beginning, especially on bows cuz why not have more punch through and another fire rate mod. Eventually removed it.

i wonder how much will the punch through be? maybe 3m as the normal one maxed at 1.2m along with 30% fire rate increase (which is 2 times on bows). Or they concentrate on just upping the fire rate :O

Sorta rare? There's no real set rate at which the discount is given. But you have to get the platinum discount daily login which is uncommon enough.

There seems to be a time frame aspect if you haven't logged in the game for a while but i'll still place it as conjecture.

All I need is the receiver to finish it. Just got the Valkyr Prime Chassis and the blueprint, so I'm making everything for that now.

Its what i needed as well, which makes sense since it a rare drop. Eventually RNGGod threw me a bone.

Still need to get the rest of Valkyr's stuff since its been a while i have used her (iirc she is my most used frame overall)

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Started ranking up my third frame, Rhino. I heard he was good stuff but holy crap do his abilities seem useless. Even if they aren't actually useless, they are at least pretty unfun (at least his 2/3). I know going from a max rank Frost Prime to a new, un-reactored frame is going to be a bit of a struggle but this is something else. Hopefully it gets better. Hell I even thought Frost Prime sucked compared to my maxed out Volt when I first switched, how wrong I was.

Rhino benefits a lot from his augment mod Ironclad Charge. It gives a big increase to your armor when you charge into enemies which is what iron skin is based on when casting it. I've seen values of up to 100k hp from iron skin thanks to it.

Probably the most useful thing iron skin gives isn't the layer of hp, but immunity to hard control and all status effects. Early on, this isn't as critical, but later levels you start to see some bullshit abilities and effects. Iron skin lets you not worry about those.

Started ranking up my third frame, Rhino. I heard he was good stuff but holy crap do his abilities seem useless. Even if they aren't actually useless, they are at least pretty unfun (at least his 2/3). I know going from a max rank Frost Prime to a new, un-reactored frame is going to be a bit of a struggle but this is something else. Hopefully it gets better. Hell I even thought Frost Prime sucked compared to my maxed out Volt when I first switched, how wrong I was.

Rhino is one of the best available. You're gonna love him, I still use him as my main frame.

His iron skin will allow you to survive higher level enemies other frames struggle against, his charge forward is great for clearing out corridors, his roar buffs the whole team for attack and defense and his stomp is fantastic Cc.

His most important ability at that point is his iron skin and ways to get that working in your favor (using Augment mods, Power strength, etc).

Later on you start to make use of the other skills such as the stomp and charge due to their crowd control capabilities and the roar if you wanna buff your squad.

FeArTriX

it looks cool though

giphy.gif

6073c41cee8a94986c7044124de360c96f81632d2c986553ba7f416ca38aafcd_1.jpg

rhino gives no fucks

(also those of you who are new Rhino's ult use to be him punching the ground)

Rhino has four excellent abilities, I'm shocked to see someone call him useless.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
His most important ability at that point is his iron skin and ways to get that working in your favor (using Augment mods, Power strength, etc).

Later on you start to make use of the other skills such as the stomp and charge due to their crowd control capabilities and the roar if you wanna buff your squad.

Maybe it's just the point in the game I'm at. I'm never in any real danger of dying and my Lex Prime one shots almost everything even if I don't get a head shot. So having 2 of my buttons just being a defense/damage buff is pretty worthless. I like his charge and his ultimate tho, but neither is as useful or devastating as Frost's kit.

Maybe it's just the point in the game I'm at. I'm never in any real danger of dying and my Lex Prime one shots almost everything even if I don't get a head shot. So having 2 of my buttons just being a defense/damage buff is pretty worthless. I like his charge and his ultimate tho, but neither is as useful or devastating as Frost's kit.
Lex prime is one of the best pistols in the game. If you're fielding it in the midgame planets, its gonna wreck everybody. Try leveling other weapons while you are still running around the easier missions.

Once you find yourself doing sorties, your are gonna find the extra hp and crowd control pretty useful.

VandalD

Roar affects everyone in your squad within range, so it's an excellent DPS buff. And I think you'll come to like Iron Skin when status effects actually start coming into play, and enemies are only going to be hitting harder as you go further. Plus, Iron Skin makes nightmare no shields missions pretty trivial. For being the first frame you can farm yourself, he's damn good, and he's not technically straight up outclassed like some other frames are. He has his niche of being the durable time-stopping damage buffer.

Cerity

Man, got to neptune, it feels like the solo difficulty shot all the way up. Both the excavation and rescue mission, as soon as I look away the excavator/prisoner are dead.

As said by the others you are actually in a good position due to where you currently are in relation to your weapon but as it ramps up you gonna wanna make use of those abilities he provides.

The thing is that the abilities a Warframe has are (usually) far from useless and its just a matter of when they will seen as helpful. DE has tried to enforce this with the reworks they have done where the abilities are alright but work more in tandem with each other.

Man, got to neptune, it feels like the solo difficulty shot all the way up. Both the excavation and rescue mission, as soon as I look away the excavator/prisoner are dead.

The game ramps a bit in a way where a squad would be helpful but if you are too much of a loner at the moment try to get frames that can help with the objective given their skills and try to acquire a deep understanding of how the missions tic as it will be useful once you do squad up..

So for example set up a good Frost for Excavation and leave once his abilities (namely Snow Globe) are being rendered useless because the enemies are getting stronger. As for the mission try to go one excavator at a time since its solo and note the reward pattern so you can know when to leave.

For rescues a Loki could be helpful if you have one but otherwise just book it to extraction once you rescue the hostage as they will try to keep close to you. Try to clear out the enemies that can annoy you (heavy armor, eximus, etc) while moving.

Whats the problem with cysts? I'm realy noob and I just cured the cyst with one of my warframes but noticed my others have it aswell.

They are disgusting

Take long to remove

Can easily infect others (providing they haven't been cured) without doing much

Only useful once (to create the pet companion) and then an annoyance later since there is a good chance wont get rid of the pet.

It messes with the look of the Warframe (one of the main peeves with the Fashion Framers)

I don't know about you, but I hate it when my warframe has space herpes.

Indeed.

wrongway

Got my first set of starter stuff to 30 (Excalibur, mk1 AR and bow) and blasted through a bunch of levels on my freebie Frost Prime, a couple quest reward weapons, and a couple other mk1 weapons I bought for the rank points. Frost is stupid good -- that ice bubble lasts forever and a day (at least at my level). Really makes a difference on the defense missions. Mostly done through Mercury now too. Next up is my quest to get my crazy jetpack thing.

Really having a good time with just zooming around and blasting shit with this. The movement is so good, I feel like getting into Warframe has contributed to how meh I am towards the Destiny 2 beta. It's so smooth and intuitive that it feels like I'm missing out on a QOL feature if it's not there. :p

I think this is already the best f2p game I've played.
in before this turns into some insane korean MMO style grindfest

I think this is already the best f2p game I've played.
in before this turns into some insane korean MMO style grindfest

hmm. While grinding is most certainly at the root of the game, encompassing nearly every faced of progression, it never quite turns into that since the way the systems were set up, most drop rates are quite reasonable aaand the game *heavily* incentivizes trying out new equipment, flat-out locking the player out of progression if they insist on not branching out.

Is quite the well designed beast, this odd thing. Wish other online games were as experimental as this. The willingness to completely remake whole systems is commendable.

LiQuid!

How often do you guys see those 75% off platinum daily offers? I need to buy some platinum so bad but knowing that those exist is making me want to just tough it out and wait.

How often do you guys see those 75% off platinum daily offers? I need to buy some platinum so bad but knowing that those exist is making me want to just tough it out and wait.

It varies from user to user.

i have gotten a bunch over my time with the game but iirc a member in this thread never got one until recently? and they had played the game longer than i did.

Just wait it out.

Tovarisc

It varies from user to user.

i have gotten a bunch over my time with the game but iirc a member in this thread never got one until recently? and they had played the game longer than i did.

Just wait it out.

I got my first 75% off on my... 4th? daily login. Color me effing lucky.

I came to the game on PC along with this whole Frost Prime promotion. Years ago had played like few times on PS4.

wrongway

hmm. While grinding is most certainly at the root of the game, encompassing nearly every faced of progression, it never quite turns into that since the way the systems were set up, most drop rates are quite reasonable aaand the game *heavily* incentivizes trying out new equipment, flat-out locking the player out of progression if they insist on not branching out.

Is quite the well designed beast, this odd thing. Wish other online games were as experimental as this. The willingness to completely remake whole systems is commendable.

This is what I find promising so far. I collecting little bits and bobs, trying different builds out, and character-building in general. I'm also a fan of some grind when that grind has solid structure and goals that are realistic without turning a game into a second job. If it maintains a similar pace to what it's shown off so far, I'm happy as a space-clam.

Seriously. I got a half-off thing on I think my second day when I didn't know if this is something I'd spend any money on or not. Now I can see myself putting some bucks in, but knowing those coupons are out there makes it feel like I'd be jumping the gun without one. Will probably just plop down a 10 when I actually need some new slots and hope for some o dat daily RNG to pick up a bigger pack.

I failed my 9th Mastery test... I feel awful.

But anyways. Is there a good place to level up Archwings? I've barely used them, and now I suddenly find myself needing one (to get muh Atlas, in the Jordas Precept quest) aannnnd.. they're too underlevelled to deal with the Archwing boss.

Naite

Yay. A 3 day credit booster for today's sortie....Thanks DE.
I'm never getting a melee riven.

I failed my 9th Mastery test... I feel awful.

But anyways. Is there a good place to level up Archwings? I've barely used them, and now I suddenly find myself needing one (to get muh Atlas, in the Jordas Precept quest) aannnnd.. they're too underlevelled to deal with the Archwing boss.
I generally go on Salacia, Neptune for all my archwing levelling needs. Crafting the Fluctus gun also helps taking out enemies fast in that mission, but I'm not sure if that gun is any good in Jordas.

Yay. A 3 day credit booster for today's sortie....Thanks DE.
I'm never getting a melee riven.

I generally go on Salacia, Neptune for all my archwing levelling needs. Crafting the Fluctus gun also helps taking out enemies fast in that mission, but I'm not sure if that gun is any good in Jordas.

Do you know how fucking often me and my friends get regular lenses and sculptures? Fuck that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom