• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT2| Love & Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Budi

Damiani is streaming directly from Comic Con right now
Thanks for the heads up! And thanks to Damiani for streaming, we really don't have big cons here in Finland that often. So it's nice to get a tour like this.

Edit: Though at the same time the crowd reminds me why I wouldn't really want to go myself even if there were!

Mista Koo

I pretty much agreed with them and probably would have gone farther. People should never feel obligated to give their money away to corporations. It's the corporations' responsibility to earn your money by making good products and marketing them well; it's not your responsibility to give them more money than you need to.
The fact that someone needed to ask that is the dystopian part. The EZA part is because they are often pro-corporate.

Where I live games don't necessarily get cheaper at most retailers. However gray market is sometimes crazy cheap even day one.

ST2K

Why would they want an Assassin's Creed in 80s New York?? Like the appeal of the series is uncommon historic locations. I could see a case if it was a fish out of water situation (bug in the Animus brought an Assassin to the "future") and it still plays like an Assassin's Creed game (climb skyscrapers with your bare hands, jump onto a truck filled with hay).

History's a point of appeal, but not the only one. There were a lot of people who really wanted a modern day Assassin's Creed, back when people cared about the narrative of that story. Of course, that time has since passed. And Watch Dogs kind of ate up that market anyway.

Kyle's idea of assassin-shanking stereotypical New Yorkers is pretty appealing though...

Deimo5

It would be kinda hard to believably go around killing people in public in 1980s New York then running away to escape capture. Like GTA does it but you have getaway cars at least. Then AC with cars might as well be Watch Dogs.

Mista Koo

History's a point of appeal, but not the only one. There were a lot of people who really wanted a modern day Assassin's Creed, back when people cared about the narrative of that story. Of course, that time has since passed. And Watch Dogs kind of ate up that market anyway.

Kyle's idea of assassin-shanking stereotypical New Yorkers is pretty appealing though...
I wanted that as part of a game, where both the past and present took place in the same city and had similar gameplay.

Drencrom

He said he'd go dark for a couple of months in the pitch, which is what is happening.

Oh right, completely forgot that tidbit. Just got reminded about that pitch after rewatching an episode of TFB (RIP The Final Bosman & Bosman at Home).
Anyway, will be interesting to see what he's working on.

Hasney

Oh right, completely forgot that tidbit. Just got reminded about that pitch after rewatching an episode of TFB (RIP The Final Bosman & Bosman at Home).
Anyway, will be interesting to see what he's working on.

That and then once that's all filmed, his new Friday stream of him learning how to develop a game also has me intrigued.

Alucrid

Banned
i fell off of table top adventures way back when kyle was sleeping in a bush. anyone know if it's coming to a head? or maybe it has? wouldn't mind getting back into it if it starts over.

i fell off of table top adventures way back when kyle was sleeping in a bush. anyone know if it's coming to a head? or maybe it has? wouldn't mind getting back into it if it starts over.

Don't know about an arc or anything, but there's clearly some craziness happening if you just want to catch up on the last few eps.

Servbot24

Banned
Holy hell... just finished Berserk (the 97 anime). I need more! But it seems the newer season is really bad, so where should I continue from the ending of that first series?

Eek, that's over $400 to catch up on... unless there's some sort of subscription service for it or something. I don't read comics so not too familiar with it
Well digitally they just released them in comixology and had a buy one get one free deal, which unfortunately has expired. But yea i didn't say it was cost effective. Barns and nobles does but one get one free deals for print versions

Holy hell... just finished Berserk (the 97 anime). I need more! But it seems the newer season is really bad, so where should I continue from the ending of that first series?
The manga would be best. The new anime that covers arcs past the Golden age are awful. Dark Horse just started releasing them digitally as well so you could just work your way through slowly if you don't want to drop a ton on it atm. Plus you can wait until there is a sale, the other day all the volumes were half off digitally.

Definitely worth the read (and the price)!

UrbanRats

Buying games day one new for $60/$48 for me since im a Best Buy GCU member isn't a big deal unless you're a collector. Once I complete the game, I trade it in and rarely do I end up spending more than $20 on a game after trading it in.

Also, adding in the $10 pre-order bonus for Best Buy and at $38 on day one is a steal for me personally. Even though they didn't really mention it in the podcast, I'll never understand why anyone would be against pre-ordering a game especially if there's a $10 bonus attached to it simply because once the game comes out, if you don't want it anymore, you can just pick it up and return it at the same time or not pick it up to where the amount goes back to your account/cc/gc.

Of course, I can understand with Amazon people not wanting to take chances since they would have to ship the game back but in general, I have never understood being against pre-orders because it's not like you're literally stuck with the game and purchase.

In addition to the $10 bonus (not every game has this but about 5 of them out of about 15 or so are on my list for October/November) for pre-ordering at Best Buy and GCU discount is one main reason - BACKLOG.

I'm down to a three game backlog with none of the games being 2017 and I want to keep it that way. The longer you wait, the less the chances are that you'll end up playing the game or at least that's how I see it.

To each their own but for me, if it's a game im buying 100%, it's an easy decision to pre-order and pick up on day one.

Well for one i buy most of my games on PC, and rarely directly from Steam (which takes forever to go down in price nowadays) so return it isn't an option.
Plus on PC especially (but also true on console now) is best to wait and see how much patching a game actually needs, before being nice and playable.

Really, there is no reason to buy a game on D1, aside from either hype (which wanes off fast once you're past that release day hump) and maybe for online games, to have that big active community (but i rarely play multiplayer games).

Playing a game even a year later, will have no impact on things like graphical quality, it's not like you're playing a 2007 game now.

LycanXIII

DFYApu6VoAIMFhc.jpg
https://twitter.com/andrearene/status/888898699979390978

Is Jones' shirt fan-made, or is that for sale? Because I would definitely buy that.

Deimo5

EZA/WhatsGoodGames potential collab? Or they just coincidentally keep crossing paths. I remember mention of logistical problems for collabs in general from a Q&A or something.

abrack08

Really jolly Jones and Amanda stream recapping what they saw at SDCC just wrapped up a little while ago. Glad I was up late to catch it!

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
I always have to laugh when fan-made merch they wear looks way better than the stuff in the store

They've said from the beginning that they don't want to use fan designs until they figure out a way to fairly compensate them, but yea....

still no must be nice shirt :'(

Yeah... I'm still waiting for podcast betting team shirts that would hopefully feature the betting team mascot on them with a quirky/jolly design(red eagles, purple platypi, green lizards). I'd buy that. One day maybe.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Well for one i buy most of my games on PC, and rarely directly from Steam (which takes forever to go down in price nowadays) so return it isn't an option.
Plus on PC especially (but also true on console now) is best to wait and see how much patching a game actually needs, before being nice and playable.

Really, there is no reason to buy a game on D1, aside from either hype (which wanes off fast once you're past that release day hump) and maybe for online games, to have that big active community (but i rarely play multiplayer games).

Playing a game even a year later, will have no impact on things like graphical quality, it's not like you're playing a 2007 game now.

I agree in regards to PC and Steam but im a pure single player console gamer. Have no interest in PC gaming for various reasons. Main one being there's always problems from day one and im not waiting months for the developer/publisher to fix the problems just so I can play the game.

As for not buying on day one, that depends. I'm not a collector so once im finished with a game, I trade it right in. At $60 retail, the trade in value will be higher especially since it's a newer game. If I wait like I was doing a few years ago when games hit $40/$32 GCU, I would end up paying more than I am now and add to my backlog which im no longer doing.

Too many games, not enough time and spending almost $1000 last generation on digital games alone on 44 games total 27 of them never being completed and/or even played. And this doesn't even count all the physical games I purchased, never completed and/or played and then traded in. All of this made me become more strict and set guidelines for myself simply because what's the point in buying/owning a game if im never going to play it? It basically becomes a waste of money.

Personally, I just changed how I am with gaming this generation compared to last generation. Plus, im done having backlogs for this generation and the future. Too many games from last generation and earlier generations that I simply never completed and/or played and most likely never ever will simply because one I move on to the current generation and sell the hardware from the previous generation, I don't go back.

Recently, I finished four psn/indie games in a week and knocked them off my backlog. Just the other day, I finished the first two expansions for Mafia III which took only a day each. Next weekend will be the third and final expansion for Mafia III.

After that, I should have Injustice: Gods Among Us from GameFly. I'm interested in Injustice 2 but wanted to play the first one first because if I can't get into it since I haven't played a fighting game since PlayStation, I won't bother with the sequel. However, if I do get into it and complete, now only will I also play and complete the sequel but it will become my "fighting" franchise. I get to add a genre I haven't played in generations from a franchise that seems and looks to be real good and since it comes out once every three or four years, it won't be overdone or overstay it's welcome.

After that, I have my entire gaming schedule setup. Matterfall and Uncharted: TLL in August, Knack 2 (gamefly) and Ratchet and Clank (gamefly) in September. The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein 2 in October, COD: WWII in early November followed by backlogged games Shadow of War and AC Origins rounding out the remainder of 2017.

In short, my main goal is to not do what I did last generation and earlier. Buying games for them only to sit in my backlog and never be completed and/or played. Just no. That's the main reason why I buy games day one or pre-order them (especially if there's a $10 bonus and im buying the game anyway) so I can play and complete them and once finished, trade them in while at the same time, not increasing my backlog.

farisr

Are you also going to do a Round Two with clips from the various FT, Podcasts and impressions videos?
The "actual" Week 24 videos start now (well, tomorrow), three parter (Mon, Wed, Fri). I've decided that any conferences that is covered by the allies in a group will likely end up getting its own video while the rest of the week's content ends up in the normal videos of the week.

The "actual" Week 24 videos start now (well, tomorrow), three parter (Mon, Wed, Fri). I've decided that any conferences that is covered by the allies in a group will likely end up getting its own video while the rest of the week's content ends up in the normal videos of the week.

<3 <3 <3

Eek, that's over $400 to catch up on... unless there's some sort of subscription service for it or something. I don't read comics so not too familiar with it
Manga prices for long series are brutal, and frankly really stupid. Most people (citation needed... but not really) just pirate stuff because $200 for fullmetal alchemist or $400 for berserk are just nonsensical prices, especially for digital.

Library is the best bet if you want to keep it legal.

FWIW, if you do want to pick up a few berserk volumes digitally, I think they're a little cheaper on amazon than on comixology. You can still read them on comixology regardless

Oh look another group stream where a Nintendo game will win. Even though FirePro wrestling would be a much better group stream game. Local co-op, can do customize characters, etc.

I'd love to be proven wrong. But we know how these votes usually go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom