• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The LittleBigPlanet USER LEVELS thread.

Pukadon

Neo Member
ExportWizard-2.png

The Black Box / Pukadon
After surviving a plane wreck, our hero must make his way through a frozen forest in search of the black box.

Thrilling opening, macabre setting, and big bosses.

Placed in Greenland

plane.gif
crash.gif

casualties.gif
spider.gif

sajj316

Pukadon said:
ExportWizard-2.png

The Black Box / Pukadon
After surviving a plane wreck, our hero must make his way through a frozen forest in search of the black box.

Thrilling opening, macabre setting, and big bosses.

Placed in Greenland

Any pics?

Pukadon

Neo Member
Hi sajj316,

At the moment, I don't have pics I can upload. I need to figure out how to capture them first (aside from photographing the TV old-school style).

So all I can do at the moment is, with as much humility as possible, assure you that the level is quite beautiful. I think you'll like the level, and if you don't, please tell me.

-Steve

Hey guys. So I’ll probably end up publishing this Friday or Saturday but I wanted to give you guys at GAF a sneak preview of the level I have been working on for the past two weeks. Basically it’s called Patchwork’s Kingdom and it’s as much of a story-based level as I can hope to make with the little information I have gathered from working and playing in other people’s so far.

On top of all of this narrative, there are also a TON of secrets to find within the level and Patchwork's Kingdom has a huge emphasis on high scores. There are tons of score and prize bubbles but only the dedicated will get them all. Not only are there a ton of GAF references (such as an unlockable Pedobear hiding in an underwater cavern) but some classic game characters appear and help you along your way to the evil Dr. Patchwork too.

The level is also pretty long and should take the average player (as long as you aren’t skipping text and skipping unlockables) about 20 minutes on their first try. In the meantime: here are some pictures to tide you guys over and to give you a taste of the level until I publish it this weekend. Sorry about the shitty image quality.

DSCI0066.jpg

Meeting with the Moon.

DSCI0063.jpg

One of the many indoor environments I created for the level.

DSCI0067.jpg

Recognize him? This is, by the way, a great boss battle.

DSCI0062.jpg

Basically, and you can't tell form the picture but this is a huge, 3 layered platform that bounces in and out of the water in the level's opening.

DSCI0071.jpg

Me (Rorshach) and my girlfriend's (Ariel form the Little Mermaid) Sackboys.

So yeah, sorry about the long post but I really wanted to build some hype around my level so that when I publish it this weekend, people will actually be excited to play it. :D

Ranger X said:
Hey the Nariko is cool

You mean in my picture? That's definitely the Little Mermaid :lol. You can't see but the sackgirl's bottom is actually the Medusa tail (which, from a distance, looks like a mermaid tail) and she even has the shell bra like in the film.

Ranger X

Hey people, don't be shy to share what's good in your hearted list. That's what the thread is for you know.

Don't shy away because you're not making headers or because you don't have pictures. I also hope people aren't judging my featured levels by the pics... You should definetely TRY them. :)

Ranger X

Linkzg said:

This level is awesome (and moderation prone). But this is the exact type of fan thing that shouldn't disappear from the game. At least when it's quality like here.

It's in my hearted level list of course for those who have access. (by the way, heart me if you like my hearted list. Trophies are serious business)

EDIT:

Here's some other levels to try...
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/11/12/gamepro-wins-littlebigcontest/

3027010899_04da74c8ba_o.png

"Sacrifice of the Serpent GAF"/Filth_Flannigan

-Sacrifice snake parts to explore Medusa's Caverns. Lots of contraptions/vehicles/rides. Lots of prizes, giveaways, & textures.
-Northern Coast of South America

YouTube Video Walk-through Speed Run to quickly Ace & Complete the level.
YouTube Video Walk-through for 100% Completion

3026820310_0a6d7d041f.jpg

3026821852_3da62a2340.jpg

3008755942_d1b4c3789e.jpg

3026826610_6cced0c49a.jpg

3027010883_8bf809951e_o.png

"No Smokin While Spelunkin Complete GAF"/Filth_Flannigan

-Several different vehicles, many secret areas, tons to explore, very large level.
-Northeastern Coast of South America

3026833404_3b3f196994.jpg

3026842010_e128c4d5c0.jpg

3026835068_07cdfb5477.jpg

3026007559_063964da5c.jpg

Please post impressions, comments, and/or feedback. Also, show your approval, heart all your favorite levels, including their creators.

Wurm :( Ranger its all up to you now, dont let us down. :p

This thread keeps delivering, btw that Mega Man Escapes level must be showcased here now.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Reserving this post to pimp my level. If you can check it out. Its called offroad challenge. Its simple yet effective. You can finish it. Go for a high score.

Last time i checked i had over 140,000 plays and 2,000 favorites. I must be doing something right :D .

Ranger X

MThanded said:
Reserving this post to pimp my level. If you can check it out. Its called offroad challenge. Its simple yet effective. You can finish it. Go for a high score.

Last time i checked i had over 140,000 plays and 2,000 favorites. I must be doing something right :D .

lol
It's you the 4x4 Challenge? You're in my hearted list 'cause you made me laugh. :p

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
ruffles said:
So anyone try my recommendations? :p

Yes, I tried the gantz level. It was alright. I liked the use of red point bubbles as blood. The best thing I got out of it was inspiration to make a black suit costume. I'll post pics of that later in the other thread. :)

Ranger X said:
Hey people, don't be shy to share what's good in your hearted list. That's what the thread is for you know.

It's so hard to find great levels that aren't already well know. All of my hearts are on popular levels. I'll try my best to find a gem tomorrow.

All we need is a rating based display function (and maybe reset all of the ratings to knock out the early crap levels and trophy levels) and the community should take care of the rest. Come on MM, its not that hard.

Ranger X

MiamiWesker said:
Wurm :( Ranger its all up to you now, dont let us down. :p

This thread keeps delivering, btw that Mega Man Escapes level must be showcased here now.

Yeah don't worry. I will update soon and will continue for as long as I am interested in the game. I will play this game for a very long time and unless nobody posts here anymore this thread will not die anytime soon. By the way, your hearted list made me discover a couple of very nice levels! Continue your good hunt ;)

Great thread, convinced me to buy LBP. I dont normally like straight platformers (Super Mario, SMG etc) although I do appreciate beautiful pieces of art like Braid. LBP looks like it will continue to spawn mini works of art.

Patchwork's Kingdom 1.0 by MaxKomRoger (me) is up guys!

ENJOY IT and please leave comments and hearts! I encourage you guys to try and find all of the secrets too since some are really, really well hidden! :D

Ranger X

I played a bunch of levels tonight and hearted some new levels this week too.
I will update the featured levels in the first post this weekend.

Um, I just spent an hour looking up and hearting levels from this thread. How do I quickly access hearted levels? Or does hearting just a way of rating? Please tell me there is a way to bookmark levels you like.

Esperado

Just published my first level today :D. It's called Happy Holidays Little Big Planet. If you prefer to search by name, it's the same as the one I have here, Esperado. Man, I'm feeling quite the rush of finally getting something out there. I hope you guys enjoy it. I'll probably work on making a header and adding pictures later. Spent too long making it. I guess I'll try out some of your levels now. If you have any comments or problems with mine, feel free to PM me about anything!

Just did the header and pictures.

m82onl.png

Happy Holidays Little Big Planet / Esperado
2r42wbb.jpg
33urjnl.jpg

2iie743.jpg
2i8jeki.jpg

robut said:
Um, I just spent an hour looking up and hearting levels from this thread. How do I quickly access hearted levels? Or does hearting just a way of rating? Please tell me there is a way to bookmark levels you like.

On the planet to the left, select My Levels. Hit R1 (or maybe R2) and it will switch to your hearted levels.

ruffles

Hey guys, I have a lot of hearted levels that I think are good. :p 3 pages worth :eek:
You can search me or add me: rcarroyo

-Winnie-

Just thought I'd mention my beta level All Quiet on the LittleBigPlanet, which is located in Australia. It's a short war story. Hope you play and enjoy it. :)
I'll get some pics if anybody wants them.

Don't good grief me, please...

-Winnie-

akachan ningen said:
What makes a good boss?

I'd say a good boss looks cool, is challenging to beat, and has a trick to beating it. But that's obvious, eh? :/
I'll try and give your level a shot the next time I'm on LBP.

PSN ID: GirlGotGuyParts
Name of Level: Real Ultimate Challenge
Region: Sierra Leone, Africa

The original name was Disco Fever which fit a lot better due to lighting and fire aspects of the level, but republished when it got no hits and surprise it worked under that lame name. :D

The level is just sheer hard platforming with fun lighting and disco music (can't remember the name of the song). If you like bomb swings, spotlight wheels, fire bags, and knife platforming give it a try. Great thread by the way I'm going to try most of those levels tomorrow and I'll dig a picture up for you guys soon.

rhino4evr

-Winnie- said:
Just thought I'd mention my beta level All Quiet on the LittleBigPlanet, which is located in Australia. It's a short war story. Hope you play and enjoy it. :)
I'll get some pics if anybody wants them.

Don't good grief me, please...

I remember playing that level in the beta. Really creative

Ranger X

Chris_C said:
2ps35w2.jpg

Midnight in the Garden / Korghano

-Hauntingly pretty, fun to run through... I think
-West Africa

Is it you Korghano? Platformer Pandemonium is EXCELLENT and i'm going to play this new level ASAP.
By the way, if you manage to find the guy who copied your Platformer Pandemonium you should good grief him. He's easier to find than your own level (that deserves more plays!)

Wowbagger

Chris_C/Korghano,

Have you republished Platformer Pandemonium? Last time I checked (finding your profile through your comment on the stolen copy, heh), it wasn't among your created levels. Sad if the stolen version is the only one out there.

BTW, you can get stuck in the underground after going down the left side (on Pandemonium). The rocket may destroy the moving platform above it, making it impossible to jump onto or grab.

Just played Midnight in the Garden! AWESOME level!

And I still can't get over the fact that after publishing it last night I already have 9 hearts and about 60 playthroughs of my level, Patchwork's Kingdom. If you haven't played it and hearted it already guys, PLEASE do!

Mirimar

Level Name - Chrono Trigger - To Far Away Times
Level Creator - Kaz616
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrRDZ55OIsQ&fmt=18

Found this while browsing other ppl's hearted levels. I find the ones that heart musical levels are like minded and tend to find some amazing stuff =) This is the end theme to Chrono Trigger and it's beautifully rendered. It clocks in at about 4:22. As such, I believe it's the complete song. It's well worth a listen 'cause the audio quality on my video isn't so good.

Kaz616 also created a really well done Aerith's theme and a slew of other musical levels that are definitely worth listening to.

DuckRacer

Esperado said:
Just published my first level today :D. It's called Happy Holidays Little Big Planet. If you prefer to search by name, it's the same as the one I have here, Esperado. Man, I'm feeling quite the rush of finally getting something out there. I hope you guys enjoy it. I'll probably work on making a header and adding pictures later. Spent too long making it. I guess I'll try out some of your levels now. If you have any comments or problems with mine, feel free to PM me about anything!
Played your level last night, and I really like it. :)

Esperado

Duck said:
Played your level last night, and I really like it. :)

Thanks. I kind panicked last night after I saw that like 13 people played, but only one was on the leaderboard. I ended up tweaking the jumps on the mountain a lot to make them easier. Now I figured that it just took a few minutes to update. I republished it about 4 times I think now. I'm kind of in a weird place, I initially wanted the level to be out by Thanksgiving and I beat that milestone by a lot so I think I'm still going to be editing and tweaking things, possibly adding a couple more sections. It's just hard finding something that fits right in my mind. I'll spend hours making something only to realize that it doesn't really fit in right and just end up deleting it. Hopefully I'll figure out some more stuff that works.

Thanks again to everyone who's played my level. Haven't gotten the all the different levels in this thread yet, but I promise I'll work on it as soon as I can.

Dr.Hadji

Is there any reason why people don't typically share "Music" levels? I really would like to have the full scores to mess around with or just have in my level. Speaking of which the Spirited Away musical trail ride is my favorite thus far.

Dr.Hadji said:
Is there any reason why people don't typically share "Music" levels? I really would like to have the full scores to mess around with or just have in my level. Speaking of which the Spirited Away musical trail ride is my favorite thus far.
I've never seen Spirited Away, but I love how that level was done.

Ranger X

DIrtyWeasel said:
I've never seen Spirited Away, but I love how that level was done.

You should watch it. It's one of the most beautifull (and wierd) animated movie ever. It's totally worth it.

Clipper

I'd prefer my quiz level to be considered for the OP, but I just published this and it is absolutely must see in my opinion:

animationtitle.png

Pixel Animation Demo 1/Clipper_US (aided by Modulos)

Using a full fledged LED screen, Modulos and I have created a method that is suitable for animation. The pic below only shows one frame...the full walk animation is in there. This is just the first test there will be more.

Australia

LBPPicture-1.jpg

Clipper said:
Using a full fledged LED screen, Modulos and I have created a method that is suitable for animation. The pic below only shows one frame...the full walk animation is in there. This is just the first test there will be more.

No... words... should have... sent a poet.

Clipper

klownboots said:
No... words... should have... sent a poet.

Are you saying it's poetry in motion. :lol

If anyone can point me to some good low-res sprite animation art, preferably non-copyright, I'd be very happy. I don't think I can quite get to a 16x16 screen in my next test, but I will try...

Top Bottom