• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It’s Time for Hillary Clinton to Bow Out of Public Life, Along with All Other Women

• Thread starter Deleted member 80556
  • Start date

Ekai

It's amazing that she can be less popular than Trump and yet her apologists will still desperately cling to the "all criticism of HRC is misogyny" strawman.

Give Kibblesmith credit for knowing his audience, at least.

I mean, factually she wasn't less popular.

rjinaz

I know it's satire and all.
But it depresses me how many people still support and want another run from Clinton.
It's time to stop, leave your bubble, no one in America likes her, from progressives to conservatives, for a myriad of reasons.
People see her as the Democratic Mitt Romney.

Who wants this though? I mean, I have never even seen the biggest Hillary supporters on this site, some of whom I had on ignore back when Bernie was running because they annoyed me so much, even hint at wanting her to run again.

Where is this narrative coming from? Genuinely curious.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Who wants this though? I mean, I have never even seen the biggest Hillary supporters on this site, some of whom I had on ignore back when Bernie was running because they annoyed me so much, even hint at wanting her to run again.

Where is this narrative coming from? Genuinely curious.

College students on their campus.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
The excerpts make this seem funnier than the full piece was. Pretty heavy handed.

And yet some people seem to be missing the point and think it is intended for them, when it's not.

Are you really going to waste so much energy on demonizing someone for just interacting with others?

Also, that second sentence doesn't make sense.
Not wasting any energy. I didn't write any articles. Also not demonizing her. Did she win or lose? She lost. Fact. Was it to the least popular candidate in US history? Yes. Do people have a right to want to see her far away because of it. I think so. Especially because she promised she was the only electable candidate, and didn't visit areas she lost by <50k votes.

Also, the second part was a typo. My bad. The is shouldn't be there.

So your definition of Far Away is literally don't speak ever.
How about the part where she is giving corporate money to her party? Are you just going to ignore that, or are you trying to make me seem sexist? Once again, though, that wasn't my argument or the point of what I was trying to say. People aren't in the wrong for being mad at her. It's silly to think so, IMO.

But it depresses me how many people still support and want another run from Clinton.

Ok, I haven't heard any of my friends who supported Hillary say they want her to run again. In fact, quite the contrary, they'd rather her just act as support. I was/am a Hillary supporter and I don't think she should run again. Let's stop with this narrative.

Not wasting any energy. I didn't write any articles. Also not demonizing her. Did she win or lose? She lost. Fact. Was it to the least popular candidate in US history? Yes. Do people have a right to want to see her far away because of it. I think so. Especially because she promised she was the only electable candidate, and didn't visit areas she lost by <50k votes.

You are asking for a former candidate, who actually does have a lot of sway in the party, to stop all support, fundraising, etc. just because they lost?

KHarvey16

How about the part where she is giving corporate money to her party? Are you just going to ignore that, or are you trying to make me seem sexist? Once again, though, that wasn't my argument or the point of what I was trying to say. People aren't in the wrong for being mad at her. It's silly to think so, IMO.

Do you feel the same way about the person who lost to the politician who lost to the least popular candidate ever?

PopeReal

Hillary is not going to run again, I am not sure where people get that from.

Go ahead and be mad at her, but that doesn't even make sense.

rjinaz

I don't know about corporate money, but you are right. People have a right to be mad at her I think. Justified or not, I'm sure she even expects it. But wanting her to just fade away to the island where the unspeakable candidates must go is taking things to an extreme, and I see that a lot. Hillary tweets something and it's "OH MY GOD SHUT UP".

Why do you make the bolded sound like some nefarious scheme?

Again there's being upset and foaming at the mouth when she speaks, or tweets.

Planx

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1401696

Pretty good example for the people saying nobody is saying this

This is a thread with a lot of people trying to have a party over Hillary Clinton twitter-owning the RNC. One dude comes in and rains on it and kind of stumbles in their replies (from their replies they're bitter about stuff that happened during the 08 primary when they volunteered for Obama so they just personally don't really like Hillary?) and then later someone else trolls their way through 4 pages of replies

Yeah that's practically all the usual leftist posters saying that Hillary needs to be exiled

I haven't seen more than a very tiny handful of people argue that she should run in 2020 and I don't think there's any real chance of that happening. I'll agree on that much.

Did Bernie lose to her or no? People aren't asking him to fade away into the ether. Losers don't have to leave, they just need to take a backseat. He has amazing support (I voted for him in the primary) and I want him to continue to raise money, speak out, and mobilize his support for the betterment of the country and our progressive goals.

She lost, she isn't going to run again. We can all be mad, its cool. With that said she still has a ton of support in the Democratic party and she is an amazing fundraiser. Why not have her take on a role of raising money for the party and mobilizing the people that support her. How is that such a horrible thing that somehow causes people to seethe with anger?

Why does she have to figuratively move to Mars and never ever be seen again?

boiled goose

good with gravy
lol i love this.

i will never understand the Hillary hate on gaf. She lost to a sexist, race baiting and lying pig. Shouldnt we be angry at the people who chose him over a well qualified candidate like Hillary?

Hillary hate on GAF? It's like the most pro Hillary forum on the internet.

Why not both? ( And not to the same degree)
Did Bernie lose to her or no? People aren't asking him to fade away into the ether.

She lost, she isn't going to run again. We can all be mad, its cool. With that said she still has a ton of support in the Democratic party and she is an amazing fundraiser. Why not have her take on a role of raising money for the party and mobilizing the people that support her. How is that such a horrible thing that somehow causes people to seethe with anger?

Not all fundraising is created equal. Big donor fundraising is basically legalized bribery. Looks good to have money, but being tied by big money interests means you also pay a political price.

Seriously. If Clinton seems close it's only because of people like Trump that keep mentioning her and making her relevant. The way some people talk you'd think she was the President of the Democrats.

She literally was the President of the Democrats. The Clintons had quietly seized all power in the party during the Obama Presidency to prepare for Hillary's second run. They saw how Obama had upset all their carefully laid plans and "stole" what they believed to be her Presidency in 2008 and wanted to make sure it didn't happen again. They controlled all the major donors, they controlled the DNC, and they ensured that no one would run against her by controlling all the superdelegates before the primary season even started.

Joe Biden more or less looked at the amount of power they had stacked on their side and noped out of there, he wasn't going to fuck with the Clintons. I mean Biden was the popular sitting VP of the popular Obama Presidency and even he was completely intimidated by the Clintons. They only had gadflies like Chafee and Webb to give the illusion that it wasn't going to be a coronation, which it was from literally the day after Obama was elected.

Unfortunately for Hillary, while she did manage to crush everyone in the 2016 primary, including a rather irritating nuisance from a little-known message candidate who basically joined the party to run, she then ran into a bit of trouble when got to the general election. Oh well.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Did Bernie lose to her or no? People aren't asking him to fade away into the ether. Losers don't have to leave, they just need to take a backseat. He has amazing support (I voted for him in the primary) and I want him to continue to raise money, speak out, and mobilize his support for the betterment of the country and our progressive goals.

Exactly!

Hillary hate on GAF? It's like the most pro Hillary forum on the internet.
Yes? How is that surprising?

She literally was the President of the Democrats. The Clintons had quietly seized all power in the party during the Obama Presidency to prepare for Hillary's second run. They saw how Obama had upset all their carefully laid plans and "stole" what they believed to be her Presidency in 2008 and wanted to make sure it didn't happen again. They controlled all the major donors, they controlled the DNC, and they ensured that no one would run against her by controlling all the superdelegates before the primary season even started.

Joe Biden more or less looked at the amount of power they had stacked on their side and noped out of there, he wasn't going to fuck with the Clintons. They only had gadflies like Chafee and Webb to give the illusion that it wasn't going to be a coronation, which it was from literally the day after Obama was elected.

Unfortunately for Hillary, while she did manage to crush everyone in the 2016 primary, including a rather irritating nuisance from a little-known message candidate who basically joined the party to run, she then ran into a bit of trouble when got to the general election. Oh well.

How's life on Earth 2?

JWiLL

Banned
Stop watching Fox News.

The way a lot of GAFers aren't self-aware enough to see how their own sexism colors their view of Hillary isn't funny. It's sad.

So you claim I watch Fox (my TV is used only for sports/Netflix) then call another person sexist.

I see where this is going. Good day.

Cipherr

Article was clearly going to hit too close to home for a LOT of folks. Oh well, y'all deserve the mockery. Seethe.

But it depresses me how many people still support and still float the idea of another Clinton run.

You know what depresses me? When grown ass men make up bullshit then tell OTHERS that they are in a "bubble".

Lol.

pigeon

Banned

Joe Biden more or less looked at the amount of power they had stacked on their side and noped out of there, he wasn't going to fuck with the Clintons. I mean Biden was the popular sitting VP of the popular Obama Presidency and even he was completely intimidated by the Clintons. They only had gadflies like Chafee and Webb to give the illusion that it wasn't going to be a coronation, which it was from literally the day after Obama was elected.

You say all this like it's a bad thing.

KHarvey16

Wow.

And real nice of you to dismiss Biden's unwillingness to run in service of your conspiracy theory. Yeah yeah dead son, not what he wants, whatever...the Clinton machine made him pee pee in his pants. That's the real reason.

boiled goose

good with gravy
You say all this like it's a bad thing.

How is it not a bad thing?

Look at the current state of the DNC.

Lost supreme court. President. Both chambers of congress. State legislatures. Governors.

Good thing!

Clearly the coronation worked brilliantly.

Nafai1123

Banned
So you claim I watch Fox (my TV is used only for sports/Netflix) then call another person sexist.

I see where this is going. Good day.

You called her a "2-faced raging sociopath." Don't be surprised when you're echoing the ridiculous talking points of the right-wing anti-Clinton coalition.

Cipherr

Wow.

And real nice of you to dismiss Biden's unwillingness to run in service of your conspiracy theory. Yeah yeah dead son, not what he wants, whatever...the Clinton machine made him pee pee in his pants. That's the real reason.

Yeah I dunno what's up with the revisionist history on that. The man made it clear why he didn't run, and its completely understandable. People pretending it didn't happen to fit their internal narrative is kind of fucked up.

pigeon

Banned
How is it not a bad thing?

Look at the current state of the DNC.

Lost supreme court. President. Both chambers of congress. State legislatures. Governors.

Good thing!

Clearly the coronation worked brilliantly.

You're talking about results. I was talking about ethics.

Yeah I dunno what's up with the revisionist history on that. The man made it clear why he didn't run, and its completely understandable. People pretending it didn't happen to fit their internal narrative is kind of fucked up.

Its fairly inoffensive to some of the other shit he has posted like that time he refereed to some of the minority supporters of Clinton as black nationalists or that he has been harboring a grudge against a mod that banned him.

Bolivar687

Banned
Wow.

Biden wasn't unwilling to run - Obama fucked him over, as part of the ongoing advice and support he was already providing to the Clintons.

I get why Unknown Soldier gets on people's nerves but everything in that post is literally evidenced and corroborated by mountains of irrefutable documentation.

...you mean before the election, right

Ding Ding. After the election I think it has turned into a exceptional vocal Bernie base who wants to see her move to Mars. Along with a subset of people who voted for Hillary who accept her defeat, her responsibilities as a failed candidate including the external factors but would ultimately like to see her maintain a minor backseat role in the party while raising money.

You won't find any Yas Queen have my sword, run again, you can do it! crowd.

Lol apologists...

Jesus.

See that is exactly what I'm talking about. If you aren't a card carrying member of the Bernie bus that wants to push Hillary into a warp drive to space; then you are an apologist, a Hillary for 2020 supporter, etc. It is delusional. These people live in some fantasy reality, they are akin to the Trumpettes.

There was quite a bit of material about Biden's own deliberations on whether to run or not in the book Shattered. It was way more nuanced than his official public stance. None of the Hillary supporters here will ever read that book though so I'm wasting my time even mentioning it. But yes, Biden did seriously consider running even though at the time he was in grief. He was the sitting VP, his President was popular, and he himself had failed before in the past to claim the Presidency so everyone knows he wanted it.

edit:
This book: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0553447084/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Planx

You're talking about results. I was talking about ethics.

so you think it's not an ethically bad thing to conserve power for one's self at the expense of the stated purpose of a political party and notions of democratic ideals?

It's a lost cause.

Maybe history will give Hillary's life and carreer the proper context for future generations to see how awful she's been treated, how many lies have been spread, and how much of a double standard there was regarding anything about her.

But she won't get to see that redemption herself I fear. Even now that she has basically not said or done anything for over half a year, she somehow still pisses everybody off, and specific media channels are still rambling and raving about her every goddamn day.

It's weird how she creates anger from everyone. Even a good part of a liberal forum like Neogaf start frothing from the mouth when she's mentioned. I just look at her life, carreer, accomplishments, ideals and goals, then look at people's opinion of her, and it just doesn't make any sense at all.

Not gonna even bother bolding because. Sigh.

Why do I have to constantly defend my vote? Why do the 'true progressives' always come into these threads and shit on Clinton? Why is it that nearly nine months after the election we still have a weekly if not daily thread about how shit Clinton is and how she needs to bow out of public life? Why didn't we do that to McCain, Kerry, Gore, Bush, Romney, etc.

Odd, huh.

boiled goose

good with gravy
so you think it's not an ethically bad thing to conserve power for one's self at the expense of the stated purpose of a political party and notions of democratic ideals?

Amazingly, the Clinton campaign knew internally that their strategy to win the primary would hurt them in the general but they went ahead anyway.

See Allen and Parnes.

KHarvey16

Biden wasn't unwilling to run - Obama fucked him over, as part of the ongoing advice and support he was already providing to the Clintons.

I get why Unknown Soldier gets on people's nerves but everything in that post is literally evidenced and corroborated by mountains of irrefutable documentation.

(though my sources insist he already was leaning toward no, at the advice of his still-grieving family)

Huh

boiled goose

good with gravy
Ding Ding. After the election I think it has turned into a exceptional vocal Bernie base who wants to see her move to Mars. Along with a subset of people who voted for Hillary who accept her defeat, her responsibilities as a failed candidate including the external factors but would ultimately like to see her maintain a minor backseat role in the party while raising money.

You won't find any Yas Queen have my sword, run again, you can do it! crowd.

I think it's a mistake to keep certain politicians around just because they are good at accumulating legalized bribes.

Look at the polling. These people are not popular and cost the democrats time and time again.

It's anything but "pragmatic" to constantly lose.

I think it's a mistake to keep certain politicians around just because they are good at accumulating legalized bribes.

Look at the polling. These people are not popular and cost the democrats time and time again.

It's anything but "pragmatic" to constantly lose.

And now fundraising is legalized bribes... of course of course.

Guess it's time to exile her to a yurt somewhere.

legacyzero

Banned
HA Goodman, Jimmy Dore, Secular Talk, or r/wayofthebern

The usual suspects.
Secular Talk called the Primary and Election season pretty close to correct. The whole way through. Figured I'd remind you of that. I hate HA Goodman. Guy is a clown. And I only enjoy Jimmy on his own show, but don't watch him much.

Kyle Kulinski is pretty damn good, objectively

Top Bottom