• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

redfox088

Banned
Again I think he became this after he lost her.

I'm not saying I agree with it but it is the world that exists in GoT. Some of these marriages are just to ally houses and families. Ned and Catelyn was just for this too.

Ragger's wife loved him but he still left her. Lyanna was promised to Robert but left. Regardless of the rules or unfair marriages, as far as all we know as of now these two were major fuck ups and ruined many lives.

Maybe she could have talked to her family about it. Maybe running away in secret where it seems like she has been kidnapped would have prevented her dad and brother dying. Maybe it would have prevented a war and kept her real love alive along with herself.

Again I think all this is post losing Lyanna.
Nae, I can't remember where but in some text Lyanna tells Ned that Robert was a drunk whoremonger.

No Robert was a womaniser before the war happened. There's is no universe in which Ned and Robert were hitting up taverns and brothels all over Westeros and banging women, after Robert had become King and Ned had become Warden of the North. Come on man, the King with his guards traveling around making the 7? Tywin Lannister would have turned on him for such a public display of mockery for his daughter. And no, making Jaime listen while he bangs women other than Cersei is not even in the same galaxy as far as comparisons go.

If anything about Jon's reveal taught us is that Ned was all about honor. It's likely that he accompanied Robert to brothels and whatnot, but I don't think he partook in anything.

In fact, it seems to be the Stark way. Benjen took the black, and remember Jon was so humble and blushing that he couldn't have sex with a girl when describing to Sam.

Nae, I can't remember where but in some text Lyanna tells Ned that Robert was a drunk whoremonger.

Lyanna doesn't. But Robert does and Cersei does. It explains that "Making the 8" was something he likely started before being king and completes after. Do you really believe he just became a whoremonger once Lyanna died?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Five more hours. Still unspoiled. You know that scene from It's Always Sunny where Mac and Charlie are chanting "Nopuzzlesnopuzzlesnopuzzles" during CharlieMacDennis, that's me but with "Nospoilers"

kmax

Not much left of this season. It will be a bit sad when it ends, but Westworld will be there to keep me occupied again soon.

effzee

Not much left of this season. It will be a bit sad when it ends, but Westworld will be there to keep me occupied again soon.

Westworld isn't until next year.

Falling in love with a man she wasn't forced to marry?

Have you read any of the posts on this topic from me?

How she and Rhaegar went about it made it seem like a kidnapping which led to Ned's dad and brother being killed by the Mad King and then the war. Ellia Martel lost her husband who she loved and her kids were killed. Did Rhaeger even care about those kids?

Had they openly professed their love, at least it wouldn't make it seem like he took and raper her.

Speevy

Banned
Have you read any of the posts on this topic from me?

How she and Rhaegar went about it made it seem like a kidnapping which led to Ned's dad and brother being killed by the Mad King and then the war. Ellia Martel lost her husband who she loved and her kids were killed. Did Rhaeger even care about those kids?

Had they openly professed their love, at least it wouldn't make it seem like he took and raper her.

I didn't know I needed a primer to reply to certain posts. The heart wants what it wants.

You're not at least willing to entertain the possibility that Robert Baratheon is a liar?

I didn't know I needed a primer to reply to certain posts. The heart wants what it wants.

You're not at least willing to entertain the possibility that Robert Baratheon is a liar?

If you're referring to the "kidnapping", he wasn't the only one to believe that.
Initially, that's what they thought. No word from Lyanna for a long time would do that.
People think the worst, that would be doubly so in a place like Westeros

Speely

Banned
Five more hours. Still unspoiled. You know that scene from It's Always Sunny where Mac and Charlie are chanting "Nopuzzlesnopuzzlesnopuzzles" during CharlieMacDennis, that's me but with "Nospoilers"

Samesies. I am proud of my anti-spoiler skills. It's definitely an art. I love that I will go into this ep knowing nothing. Nothing. Hnnng.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
The only thing I've seen from the episode is a screenshot of the preview that someone posted last Sunday and a gif from the trailer that I guess they also used in the preview. I'm 100% clean otherwise.

Sounds like YouTube was the main place people got spoiled, so I was extra careful there.

Rewatching some episodes on HBO right now and I really hope Cersei is gone by the end of this season. I doubt she dies, but I don't want to have a season of humans fighting White Walkers together, and us having to watch stupid sideway glances from Cersei hinting at her eventual backstabbing.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Rewatching some episodes on HBO right now and I really hope Cersei is gone by the end of this season. I doubt she dies, but I don't want to have a season of humans fighting White Walkers together, and us having to watch stupid sideway glances from Cersei hinting at her eventual backstabbing.

That's me right now with Sansa, not that I want her to die, but all the stuff she's up to right now is mad worrying and it's driving me insane that she might fucked this up for Jon.

Yeah, all we know if that Brandon Stark was on his way to wed Catelyn and received a message from somewhere/someone about Lyanna being abducted by Rhaegar, and he changed course for King's Landing, started raving outside the castle for Rhaegar to come fight him, Rhaegar wasn't there, and the Mad King had him arrested for plotting to kill the Crown Prince.

Doesn't make Rhaegar and Lyanna innocent, but there is also the possibility that Robert lied and really inflamed things. Even though his house was also dishonored.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Lady Mormont writing to grown up Stannis that he can go fuck himself, is still one of the greatest things to happen on this show.

"Bend the knee? I'm sorry are you a Stark? No? Well then shut the fuck up!"

Jon's little smile after seals it lol.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Jon and Dany will found house Snowgaryen. Its house words will be "Bend the Knee".

Heshinsi

So going back to a comment Cersei made two episodes ago. What the hell is she talking about when she tells IMF guy that, "I too would like them to recover somethings that belong to me." Sansa and Tyrion were my first thoughts. But the way she says it, and the notion that whatever it is belonged to her at one point and was taken, is making me scratch my head.

Edit: it just popped into my head the moment I hit reply. She's probably referring to the other kingdoms that she has control over right?

Volimar

Maybe Lyanna sent Robert word that she left voluntarily but his pride wouldn't accept it and made him insist she had been forced to write it, or something.

Volimar

So going back to a comment Cersei made two episodes ago. What the hell is she talking about when she tells IMF guy that, "I too would like them to recover somethings that belong to me." Sansa and Tyrion were my first thoughts. But the way she says it, and the notion that whatever it is belonged to her at one point and was taken, is making me scratch my head.

I figured she meant the breakaway kingdoms.

Yeah, all we know if that Brandon Stark was on his way to wed Catelyn and received a message from somewhere/someone about Lyanna being abducted by Rhaegar, and he changed course for King's Landing, started raving outside the castle for Rhaegar to come fight him, Rhaegar wasn't there, and the Mad King had him arrested for plotting to kill the Crown Prince.

Doesn't make Rhaegar and Lyanna innocent, but there is also the possibility that Robert lied and really inflamed things. Even though his house was also dishonored.
Do we know much about Brandon? He could have been a hothead. Maybe all he hears was Lyanna took off, and started raving. One of those "she never would have gone with him, so she must have been kidnapped!" kind of things.

Heshinsi

I figured she meant the breakaway kingdoms.
Yeah I just realised that. How she expects a mercenary group to pull that off is bananas. Dorne, the Vale, the North, all recaptured by Lannister and Mercenary forces. Good luck with that Cersei.

Do we know much about Brandon? He could have been a hothead. Maybe all he hears was Lyanna took off, and started raving. One of those "she never would have gone with him, so she must have been kidnapped!" kind of things.

He was a hothead, thought Lyanna was kidnapped and went crazy.
3ER must've been watching and thinking "That's definitely not the Bran I'm waiting for.."

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Have you guys kept up with the blu ray releases? I've stopped getting them after s2 but I'm thinking about catching up and getting the rest... or I could wait til there's a big collection set when the series is done. Is it still worth getting them for the commentaries?

Have you guys kept up with the blu ray releases? I've stopped getting them after s2 but I'm thinking about catching up and getting the rest... or I could wait til there's a big collection set when the series is done. Is it still worth getting them for the commentaries?
I got the first 3 and really like them. In fact, I've watched the extras more than anything else on them. However, I'm now waiting for the series to conclude to get the rest. Then I'll pull out season 5 from the set, burn it, and throw it in the trash.

CGwizz

Is season 8 scripts already leaked, today i started too see videos spoiling shit for season 8...

I hope its not true ffs

This is getting ridiculous.

Don't they still measure ratings on the live airings?
Yes, it is still measured, but as a few people pointed out it's not the metric that they're interested in these days. The cumulative number, including first run, reruns, DVR, on demand, HBO Go, etc... over the week is what they tout the most ratings-wise.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I got the first 3 and really like them. In fact, I've watched the extras more than anything else on them. However, I'm now waiting for the series to conclude to get the rest. Then I'll pull out season 5 from the set, burn it, and throw it in the trash.

Hah, thought the same thing, 'I'll have to get s5 if I want the entire series'. Oh well, we need that bad pussy archived too.

Hydrus

Is season 8 scripts already leaked, today i started too see videos spoiling shit for season 8...

I hope its not true ffs

This is getting ridiculous.

I've read that its been confirmed fake by all the "real" leakers. Would be pretty sad to have it leaked a year in half before it airs.

Vashetti

Banned

With the announcement of Westworld S1 getting a 4K UHD release, I'm weighing whether to buy S7 of GoT on Blu-ray or wait for 4K UHD releases.

It's an inevitability.

Hydrus

With the announcement of Westworld S1 getting a 4K UHD release, I'm weighing whether to buy S7 of GoT on Blu-ray or wait for 4K UHD releases.

It's an inevitability.

Daaaaamn. I was gonna start collecting, but if this happens, I'm gonna be throwing away alot of money. I guess I should wait a bit.

Vashetti

Banned
Daaaaamn. I was gonna start collecting, but if this happens, I'm gonna be throwing away alot of money. I guess I should wait a bit.

I've bought all six seasons so far on Blu-ray, but 4K UHD releases will absolutely happen at some point, if Westworld is getting one.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I finally watched last weeks episode last night just in time for tonight.

I was so mad when Sam interrupted Gilly’s revelation just so he could have a whiny rant and storm out to pack his things.

Then again that was their intention.

Top Bottom