• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ragnarok Online II Open Beta and Information Thread

neoism

We really didn't want sequel for this game.. Only HD upgrade for Ro1.
yup... I watched some vids and its not for me... RO1 was just amazing, even though it got boring after like 2000 hours.. lol what game wouldn't, this game just looks terrible to control.

B-Dex

Mechanically it's just like RO1. But it's now wrapped in a wow skin. Quest hubs and such. Still clueless as to waht stat points to put where and which skills to take if I wanna go monk. All the acolyte skills seem useless for monk but rez.

GoldChain

RO2 surprised me.

I played the beta for about 20 minutes and it was a mess. But after installing this last night they have come a long way. It is actually really fun, especially for those who played RO1 and have them feels for the nostalgia.

That and I'm happy its on steam now because I don't feel bad about making transactions through my steam wallet as opposed to those awful Korean F2P sites.

Combat is a little repetitive in the beginning, but the job system, side quests and collecting mechanisms are all a step in the right direction for this franchise.

This wont be the game for everyone, but it is F2P, but not pay to win. The items you can purchase range from renting mounts for 14 days (slot machine roll with the chance of a permanent mount) to skill resets or name changes.

Chucker

I played it for about 30 minutes, I'm going to reserve judgement until I'm out of the starting area. Hopefully the nostalgia will hit me in the feels and I'll play it off and on, if not there's always PSO2.

Trying out F2P games 'cause I'm going to be busy the next week and a half so I don't want to jump into a real game. Tried Planetside 2 yesterday and found it to be completely un-newb-friendly.

Decided to check this out today:

FNZCYyU.png

Good start.

I don't know what the fuck that message even means, but I actually do have an Nvidia card (670).

Cronee

Trying out F2P games 'cause I'm going to be busy the next week and a half so I don't want to jump into a real game. Tried Planetside 2 yesterday and found it to be completely un-newb-friendly.

Decided to check this out today:

FNZCYyU.png

Good start.

I don't know what the fuck that message even means, but I actually do have an Nvidia card (670).

Try this: Uninstall your PhysX drivers then re-run the game and let steam re-install the PhysX drivers for you. I've had this problem with all sorts of different games (each with different error messages related to PhysX) and this usually fixes it. Not sure what the problem is but it seems certain releases of PhysX drivers can cause issues with compatibility.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
So... does this feel like RO? I really loved RO, enough to even buy all the handheld games they put out recently. Should I bother with this? Reception seems poor:(

Trying to get into it, but just not feeling it. Loved the original when it first came out. It got repetitive as time went on. Does this game get more fun after the first 10 levels?

I'm surprised that the game's original test release (back in 2007) was badly received enough to warrant going back and redoing most of the game...and this was the result...

Midou

I'm surprised that the game's original test release (back in 2007) was badly received enough to warrant going back and redoing most of the game...and this was the result...

Yes, I actually played some of the beta of the original, have to say it felt a lot better and more like its own game, rather than one shouting at me constantly "HEY, REMEMBER THIS ENEMY FROM RO? LOOOOL".

This game feels almost auto-generated then RO designs stamped on top of stuff.

Got into the first Ragnarok too late into its life cycle, so great to finally see its "sequel" out after many delays.

Wife and I are playing and really enjoying it. Feels a whole lot like WoW now, but with a more user friendly experience imo for MMO beginners.

DJIzana

RO2 surprised me.

I played the beta for about 20 minutes and it was a mess. But after installing this last night they have come a long way. It is actually really fun, especially for those who played RO1 and have them feels for the nostalgia.

That and I'm happy its on steam now because I don't feel bad about making transactions through my steam wallet as opposed to those awful Korean F2P sites.

Combat is a little repetitive in the beginning, but the job system, side quests and collecting mechanisms are all a step in the right direction for this franchise.

This wont be the game for everyone, but it is F2P, but not pay to win. The items you can purchase range from renting mounts for 14 days (slot machine roll with the chance of a permanent mount) to skill resets or name changes.

I didn't get that feeling at all. The music has a couple of good tracks to it but gameplay wise it feels just like another WoW clone.

If you want a game that closely resembles the original Ragnarok Online then this will likely come as close as we will get. (Being made by the original creator of Ragnarok Online.)

There's no release date for Project R1 yet though and the last time we heard about it, was 2011...

projectr1.jpg

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
Is this game region locked? i can´t create a ro2 account anywhere, i tried adding ro2 in warpporta.coml but when i click next it gets stuck, nothing happens. I'm so pissed right now.

I'd kinda like to know as well.

Would love to know if other members of Gaf are actively playing RO2 or not since my wife and I are already in our low to mid-20's. I actually just class changed to Knight and am looking for others to join in for some harder dungeons.

Muddimar

Is this game out?

I see it on steam but is this the actual full game?

Game not that good since this thread is pretty dead???

It's keeping me busy until Dark Souls 2, TLoU, FF XIV:ARR, and other goodies release. The quests are rather repetitive, but for some reason I just can't stop playing this game. I have a level 41 Priest/45 Alchemist. I didn't expect myself to play for so long, but here I am. It certainly has some flaws, it isn't perfect, but there is a certain x factor that draws people in. I dunno, it's free, you might as well give it a shot. I'm on Odin server "Sykla" is my character name, feel free to add me.

Edit: It draws 'certain' people in, not everyone*

It's keeping me busy until Dark Souls 2, TLoU, FF XIV:ARR, and other goodies release. The quests are rather repetitive, but for some reason I just can't stop playing this game. I have a level 41 Priest/45 Alchemist. I didn't expect myself to play for so long, but here I am. It certainly has some flaws, it isn't perfect, but there is a certain x factor that draws people in. I dunno, it's free, you might as well give it a shot. I'm on Odin server "Sykla" is my character name, feel free to add me.

Edit: It draws 'certain' people in, not everyone*

You're definitely right on all those points. I've been playing and my wife and I are in the mid-20's or so. The game is quite repetitive but if you like the art style then it'll grab you. It's pretty much a WoW clone but free.

Top Bottom