• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

How would you feel about card-generating effects revealing the cards they create to the opposing player? I was thinking about this just now, and I'm not really annoyed by my partner getting, say, a Flamestrike from Primordial Glyph. I do get annoyed by not being able to realistically play around Flamestrike on turn 5.

kirblar

How would you feel about card-generating effects revealing the cards they create to the opposing player? I was thinking about this just now, and I'm not really annoyed by my partner getting, say, a Flamestrike from Primordial Glyph. I do get annoyed by not being able to realistically play around Flamestrike on turn 5.
I think that'd be fair.

KuroNeeko

Crafted me some Jaina DK and lost like 10 games in a row. lol

I ran an elemental-light package with more burn and AoE but couldn't win against aggro or control. Guess I just suck at the deck. lol

Switched over to midrange Druid and won like five in a row.

Life is so unfair.

How would that work with secrets ?

Dahbomb

I have been suggesting this a month after Discovers were a thing.

I do think a special case should be made for Secrets.

Revealing discovered cards sounds like a terrible idea. The only card I want to see this change hit is curious glimmeroot, because it breaks the common rule among priest stolen cards in which the copied card doesn't come solely from your not yet drawn deck pile.

Blizzard

Banned
That might work, but I'd prefer that discover cards cannot discover card-generating cards, and that primordial glyph was deleted from the game / didn't have the mana discount.

I'm not a big fan of that.

I don't think it's a big issue when a deck is running 1 or 2 discover or steal cards and accounting for those can be done. For instance with Stonehill I know there's a taunt in-hand. That's reasonable, IMO. Even with how busted Primordial Glyph is, at least I know it's a mage spell, and most likely a good one, and can make reasonable guesses to what it is every turn it doesn't get played, versus a random Mage, Priest or Warlock card.

But pretty frequently there are times where my opponent may have five cards in hand and four are randomly generated or part of a broad discover. I think they need to be more careful with the proliferation of random or discover effects, or at least make them more narrow.

Hahaha, a mech player in the HS Wild Discord groaned that Geist keeps removing his Spare Parts from his hand. I didn't even think about that.

Up to rank 2! I'm really feeling like this will be the month since I still have two weeks left and I went 7-1 tonight.

Hycran

Banned
TIL: if you use Evolve unlicensed apothecary won't trigger but using deathseer he will. That seems inconsistent but a part of me can rationalize it.

kirblar

Hahaha, a mech player in the HS Wild Discord groaned that Geist keeps removing his Spare Parts from his hand. I didn't even think about that.

Up to rank 2! I'm really feeling like this will be the month since I still have two weeks left and I went 7-1 tonight.
What's your JD list?

Bunga

I really need to learn to lose better in this game. I just can't seem to get a grasp on the concept that, in all likelihood, I'm going to lose 50% or so of my games. I've been playing for a couple of years and I have rage uninstalled so many times I've lost count. I did it yesterday when a Raza priest stomped me and spammed emotes. I reinstalled this morning lol.

I just get so salty. Any tips for actually taking losses on the chin? I think the only occasions where I don't mind losing are when both players have crazy RNG moments/huge swings and it's been a fun/interesting game or where the opponent is playing an unusual, quite clearly homebrew deck. But when I get stomped by something to the point it feels futile even attempting to play them or when someone lucks out at the end of a game with some crazy Discover card or something, I get the rage.

I find myself wanting to immediately go out and craft what I need to use their deck, which I can't do because I don't have the dust. Find it difficult sometimes to accept that my collection isn't as complete as I'd like it to be (albeit it's not bad) but dusting all of my epics and legendaries 18 months or so ago in rage was a huge blow.

What can I do GAF?!

Tomcat

jade druid right now can compete with everything in wild too

I just put 2 golakka and 2 azure drakes and the rest stayed the same :D

Ladekabel

Three months of Druid guys. Three. Months.

Better than a full year of Shaman.

How much time does it take for patches to be certified by Apple/Google for their respective store on smartphones? I take it that is one of the main reason why we have to wait longer for nerfs than we would like.

scarlet

I really need to learn to lose better in this game. I just can't seem to get a grasp on the concept that, in all likelihood, I'm going to lose 50% or so of my games. I've been playing for a couple of years and I have rage uninstalled so many times I've lost count. I did it yesterday when a Raza priest stomped me and spammed emotes. I reinstalled this morning lol.

I just get so salty. Any tips for actually taking losses on the chin? I think the only occasions where I don't mind losing are when both players have crazy RNG moments/huge swings and it's been a fun/interesting game or where the opponent is playing an unusual, quite clearly homebrew deck. But when I get stomped by something to the point it feels futile even attempting to play them or when someone lucks out at the end of a game with some crazy Discover card or something, I get the rage.

I find myself wanting to immediately go out and craft what I need to use their deck, which I can't do because I don't have the dust. Find it difficult sometimes to accept that my collection isn't as complete as I'd like it to be (albeit it's not bad) but dusting all of my epics and legendaries 18 months or so ago in rage was a huge blow.

What can I do GAF?!

Squelch them

I noticed Big Game Hunter is back now in Druids... unless I played the same guy many different times without knowing. What horrible person streamed that to make it a thing?

Pooya

dragon priest is very solid right now. One of the better deck to beat druids and control priest with. It's somewhat weak against shaman but it's doable.

this is what I'm trying with. I like to have a 2nd bonemare but it's too hard to fit.

### Dragons
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Mammoth
#
# 1x (1) Inner Fire
# 2x (1) Northshire Cleric
# 2x (1) Power Word: Shield
# 1x (2) Divine Spirit
# 2x (2) Netherspite Historian
# 2x (2) Radiant Elemental
# 2x (2) Shadow Visions
# 2x (2) Shadow Word: Pain
# 1x (3) Gluttonous Ooze
# 2x (3) Kabal Talonpriest
# 1x (3) Shadow Word: Death
# 2x (4) Priest of the Feast
# 1x (4) Twilight Drake
# 2x (5) Cobalt Scalebane
# 2x (5) Drakonid Operative
# 1x (6) Book Wyrm
# 2x (6) Dragonfire Potion
# 1x (7) Bonemare
# 1x (8) Primordial Drake
#
AAECAZ/HAgj4Ao0I0QrTCqqyAtPFAsnHAqbOAgvlBNcK8gyStAKCtQK6uwLwuwLqvwLRwQLYwQLKywIA
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I'm thinking shadow word horror is actually worth running right now. It beats the plague and totems. pretty good.

Falling from Rank 6 to Rank 10 feels like shit.

I have been complaining about similar in this thread all week, but not had it that bad. I have regularly fell from Rank 6 to Rank 9 due to a string of bad matches ups to put me on losing streaks. The good news is that you pop back up very quick with a few wins. I am Rank 8 again now, after been in the Rank 6 range 4 times. On the bright side I look at all the gold I am earning... so I have something to be happy about.

IceMarker

It's frustrating when you're trying to play Control Mage and you keep getting handed lucky fucking Priests with their bullshit revive combos. I'm throwing in Polymorph in all my decks just to fuck over this one class (with a Skulking Geist to keep Jades away as well).

danowat

Banned
I am having a lot of fun playing with Secret Mage in Frozen, for someone like me, who only real plays casually and doesn't have the means to spunk loads of getting lots of the new legendaries, playing a deck with cards Mirror Entity and Frozen Clone means I generally get to play things like the Lich King without having to own it.

Might not be competitive, at least in my hands, but it sure is fun to play a Frozen clone and get two Lich kings in return!

Bunga

I am having a lot of fun playing with Secret Mage in Frozen, for someone like me, who only real plays casually and doesn't have the means to spunk loads of getting lots of the new legendaries, playing a deck with cards Mirror Entity and Frozen Clone means I generally get to play things like the Lich King without having to own it.

Might not be competitive, at least in my hands, but it sure is fun to play a Frozen clone and get two Lich kings in return!

What's your list out of interest dude? I don't have Frost Lich Jaina and she seems to be in everything at moment (predictably).

danowat

Banned
What's your list out of interest dude? I don't have Frost Lich Jaina and she seems to be in everything at moment (predictably).

# 2x (1) Mana Wyrm
# 2x (2) Arcanologist
# 2x (2) Frostbolt
# 2x (2) Medivh's Valet
# 2x (2) Primordial Glyph
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 2x (3) Counterspell
# 2x (3) Frozen Clone
# 1x (3) Ice Barrier
# 1x (3) Ice Block
# 2x (3) Kirin Tor Mage
# 1x (3) Mana Bind
# 2x (3) Mirror Entity
# 1x (3) Spellbender
# 2x (4) Fireball
# 2x (6) Kabal Crystal Runner
# 1x (7) Firelands Portal
# 1x (8) Glacial Mysteries
#
AAECAf0EBsAB7gLtBKO2AsbBAojOAgxxwwG7ApUDqwSWBewF17YCh70CwcECmMQCgs4CAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Dropping Glacial mysteries and seeing 5 secrets pop up, then getting the opponent pull a big draw and getting mirror entitiy and / or frozen clone ping, or killing their big spell drop is a lot of fun too.

fertygo

It's frustrating when you're trying to play Control Mage and you keep getting handed lucky fucking Priests with their bullshit revive combos. I'm throwing in Polymorph in all my decks just to fuck over this one class (with a Skulking Geist to keep Jades away as well).
You know the deck designed to had 100% good revive right

Does anyone know what happens if I use a "trigger a minions deathrattle" on a Skelemancer (DR: summon 8/8 if it's your opponents turn)?

I assume nothing happens but I've never actually tried it.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

Lets go Kars you can do it!

Lets go Kars you can do it!
Thanks!! I got close two months ago, and then I had to move so it just sat at rank 3. I have two weeks and my evenings free after my family goes to bed.

What's your JD list?
It's just the standard one, I think. A few tweaks as I go along and experiment. I had Auctioneer and then removed him for a Scales. I've tried some Wild cards, but none consistently improved the winrate.

Hybris

Any viable rogue decks out there? Been experimenting with Jade/Tempo Rogues to minimal success. Getting stomped on by Priests (rogue should usually dominate this matchup but I find it's pretty hard now; maybe cause I play Jade variants), mages, and Druids.

Also, is Shaku worth crafting? He seems like such a fun card. I regret not having crafted him earlier during MSOG. Since he's being rotated out next year, I am kind of apprehensive in wasting my dust (also the reason why I don't want to craft Wickerflame and Finja).

Saw this list on reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/CompetitiveHS/comments/6u9ml7/legend_tempo_thief_rogue_feat_lilian_voss_guide/

I'm going to try it out tonight but modified a bit. I want to fit in saronite chain gang x2 to smooth out the curve. Chopping block seems like 1-2 5 drops or 1-2 plague scientists. 6 5 drops is a lot to be running imo.

Eh I think just the Mana cost of the card would be fair.

Hycran

Banned
Does anyone know what happens if I use a "trigger a minions deathrattle" on a Skelemancer (DR: summon 8/8 if it's your opponents turn)?

I assume nothing happens but I've never actually tried it.

It shouldn't work as the DR is conditional on it being the opponents turn. So using spirit singer or play dead for example shouldn't work.

Top Bottom