• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pre-TGS Japanese rumor checklist - DQ10 = MMO-like? (And other fun stuff!)

Emitan

Remember when Dragon Quest IX was an action game? Yeah...

WTF OMG AT BAYO 2

I've never beaten Bayo because I own the PS3 version. Forgive me

Infinite Justice said:
tumblr_loridlvgNy1qcwoxq.gif

Was just about to post this.

Let it flow, GAF. Let it flow.

MoogPaul

Love to hear some Persona 5 news. New IPs from square on handhelds or PSN/Live would be wonderful. I want more info on the tri-ace 3ds game. I'll take DQ however they want to give it to me.

I sort of hope the Bayonetta rumour is false. As outstanding as that game is, it already came with a ton of depth and the combo action genre has grown quite tired these last few years.

I don't want to see Kamiya repeat himself, his talents would be wasted if he didn't work on something entirely new. But if the fates see things otherwise I guess Bayonetta 2 is best kid of disappointment I can imagine.

ezekial45

Banned
Billychu said:
Remember when Dragon Quest IX was an action game? Yeah...

WTF OMG AT BAYO 2

I've never beaten Bayo because I own the PS3 version. Forgive me

If it's because of the technical issues, they patched it and it plays way better.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
[ ] New Shining game using Valkyria systems, PSP
Please don't happen, I'd like an opportunity to play it in a language I can actually understand. If it does happen I might have to import. (Yeah, screw you Sega, still bitter about VC3).

And MMO DQ? How would that work.

Takao

Banned
So many 3DS rumors ... none to do with Medarot ...

I am not very very excite especially given 3DS geo-lock.

Nix

Banned
How the hell is MH gonna work on the 3DS? Actually, who would buy it with a Vita version coming out!?

Man, these are megaton level stuff. Bayonneta!? Deep.

I love these reveals, and it seems that this years TGS is gonna be emotional; lovin' it already.

Varion

Aeana said:
[ ] New Shining game using Valkyria systems
Well this instantly sounds better than any Shining game they've put out since Shining Force 3, so I kind of hope it's true.

Bayonetta 2 I'd buy, although I'd kind of prefer Kamiya to do something new. And if as people are saying 'MMO-like' means 'Like Xenoblade' then I might actually be looking into my first DQ game.

BlazingDarkness said:
Xenoblade is the best JRPG in years. Haters gonna hate

Best or not, it is inherently different from traditional turn-based JRPGs. If DQ goes, the whole genre goes. There's a place for both.

Truth101

Banned
BlazingDarkness said:
Xenoblade is the best JRPG in years. Haters gonna hate

Uh, if you don't like Classic RPGs like DQ then that is fine. But they are two different types of games even if both are JRPGs.

JudgeN

Aeana said:
A while back, several rumors circulated around the Japanese blogosphere. Many of the things seemed credible, but others are outlandish. However, with the announcement of Rhythm Thief R: Emperor Napoleon's Legacy for 3DS today, the whole batch becomes much more credible. So duckroll and I decided it might be good idea to put together a little checklist thread so we can see how these things play out in the coming weeks.

[ ] Vita launch later this year, Monster Hunter 3rd HD will be announced at TGS to be a launch title.

-------------------

Would MH3rd be a port of MH3P? I hope that not it I want a fresh new MH for my vita.

[ ] Monster Hunter Tri G, 3DS
[ ] Vita launch later this year, Monster Hunter 3rd HD will be announced at TGS to be a launch title

What's the difference between the two? Is Tri G like an expansion of 3, and 3rd HD just an HD port?

Takao

Banned
Eteric Rice said:
So they're going to turn both Monster Hunters into different series?

Makes no sense.

Well, I was kind of expecting Capcom to push the Monster Hunter Diary series to the 3DS as a sort of Crystal Chronicles "Fuck you!", lol.

Truth101

Banned
JudgeN said:
Would MH3rd be a port of MH3P? I hope that not I want a fresh new MH for my vita.

It is just an HD remake of it.

BlazingDarkness said:
[ ] Vita launch later this year, Monster Hunter 3rd HD will be announced at TGS to be a launch title

What's the difference between the two? Is Tri G like an expansion of 3, and 3rd HD just an HD port?

Tri is completely different from the hand-held game.

duckroll

Eteric Rice said:
So they're going to turn both Monster Hunters into different series?

Makes no sense.

Lots of things about the rumors don't make sense. That's why there's a checklist to see how many more turn out true. If more announcements are made that correspond to the list, then it is more likely that everything else in the list is in fact true.

Erethian

Nix said:
How the hell is MH gonna work on the 3DS? Actually, who would buy it with a Vita version coming out!?

Man, these are megaton level stuff. Bayonneta!? Deep.

I love these reveals, and it seems that this years TGS is gonna be emotional; lovin' it already.

MH3 and MHP3 are not the same game.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Layton like rhythm game sounds really awesome.

BlazingDarkness said:

Vita game is an HD port of the PSP game.
3DS game would be kind of like a new game in the MHTri universe.

An MMO-like Dragon Quest game huh.

You know, Dragon Quest is made by Level 5 now.

And there's this guy at Level 5 now who made an MMO like and likes British accents.

And a super fucking dark, religion hating Dragon Quest is exactly what the series needs to keep it fresh.

Do it, Square.

Beth Cyra

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:

And there's this guy at Level 5 now who made an MMO like and likes British accents.

And a super fucking dark, religion hating Dragon Quest is exactly what the series needs to keep it fresh.

Do it, Square.
Wasn't it confirmed awhile ago that Level 5 isn't the one doing X but another team?

ezekial45

Banned
ScionOfTheRisingSun said:
I sort of hope the Bayonetta rumour is false. As outstanding as that game is, it already came with a ton of depth and the combo action genre has grown quite tired these last few years.

I don't want to see Kamiya repeat himself, his talents would be wasted if he didn't work on something entirely new. But if the fates see things otherwise I guess Bayonetta 2 is best kid of disappointment I can imagine.

I agree to an extent. Bayonetta largely follows the same formula that DMC has (obviously), but I do hope they try switching this up a bit for this game. I'd hate to see it get the same fatigue that DMC has early on.

Truth101

Banned
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:

Do it, Square.

We don't know if Level-5 is even developing DQX and that sounds awful. Dragon Quest is light hearted and fun, no need to trash it.

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:

Do it, Square.
I look forward to the mass riots in Japan.

rpmurphy

duckroll said:
These rumors were all from the same source, and were released at the same time some time ago. They are supposed to have been leaked anonymously by an editor working at a major game magazine.
Ok thanks.

I'd be down for a DQ MMO-like as long as we don't get the kind of sidequests from IX again.

Rpgmonkey

Bayonetta 2!?

HNNNNNNGG

And if a DQ MMO means DQIX-style where you can just join a friend with your hero and do stuff, then I'm cool with it. Bonus points if we can design our own hero again, and triple bonus points if we get original party members with a personality/backstory.

antonz

It was mentioned in another thread that the MMO like style references the ability to quest with other people (online?) or play solo.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
antonz said:
It was mentioned in another thread that the MMO like style references the ability to quest with other people (online?) or play solo.

This would actually be pretty awesome. I could subscribe to that.

What about Shining 4 for the 3DS, developed by Camelot? Have you guys heard about that?

BlazingDarkness said:

Kinda.

Monster Hunter Tri G - Most likely the final expansion of the third generation, a mix of Tri and Portable 3rd, plus new content, it's gonna be huge and rich, I'm in tears. And the producer said "all" is key for the development of this game, "all" meaning fan requests.

Monster Hunter 3rd HD - As the name says, it's an HD port of PSP's Portable 3rd, no additional content, same game from PSP, and soon PS3 (launching in a few days).

Top Bottom