• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's everyone's view on Arthur Morgan so far

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
the protagonist for Red Dead Redemption 2
PZHnZGC.jpg

there seems to be mixed reaction based on the trailer thread

the one reason why i like him alot is that he seems to be a straight criminal.he is not some self-rightous criminal like John Marston or Niko. Don't get me wrong I love John Marston, but its nice to see something new

he seems to just a straight laced bad guy without the comical element of say Trevor. He reminds me more of a Tommy Vercetti type figure

I understand why some might see him as just another generic white guy or simply bland and unappealing

but knowing Rockstar I think he will be quite an interesting character and a nice contrast from John

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
I don’t really know at this point, I usually do media blackouts, however, I heard this game will have micro- transactions and it has turned me off to it.

Does anyone if this is true, or maybe I misread it somewhere? Sorry if this hijacked your thread, I was just wondering.

We don't really know enough about him one way or another to make a decision IMO. But I like Rockstar enough to assume that they know what they are doing; they haven't written a protagonist yet that I haven't liked at least a little.

He'll probably be good, Rockstar has yet to disappoint me in that area.

There's really not much to say, we've seen about 45 seconds of the character.

Dunki

I understand why some might see him as just another generic white guy or simply bland and unappealing

First of all. I have not played a white male in AAA Game in a while so thats refreshing.
Secondly how is he even generic when he hoepfully will be a horrible person and not some anit-Hero?

If they really go this route that would be very refreshing to see.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
First of all. I have not played a white male in AAA Game in a while so thats refreshing.
Secondly how is he even generic when he hoepfully will be a horrible person and not some anit-Hero?

If they really go this route that would be very refreshing to see.

I agree with you though

although alot of Rockstar's protagonists have been white males, i don't think you can really call them generic

Tommy, Trevor, Niko,Michael, John Marston etc. are all quite different from each other in terms of personality and character, that fitting them under one "generic white male" token doesn't work unlike other protagonists in different games

I think he a little too similar to John to be honest, but this is a prequel. The game will be fine none the less and still sell over 10 million copies.

120v

i like that they're not going for Marsden 2.0 (as in, another decent guy in a heartbreaking predicament), which given the critical acclaim of RDR's story i could have seen R* tempted into doing a paint by the number rehash

but even then i'm being presumptive. it could go whatever way

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
i like that they're not going for Marsden 2.0 (as in, another decent guy in a heartbreaking predicament), which given the critical acclaim of RDR's story i could have seen R* tempted into doing a paint by the number rehash

but even then i'm being presumptive. it could go whatever way

yeah thats the big thing

he seems to be the anti john marston in a way

Top Bottom