• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North American Vita Compatible PSone Games

Very happy this finally happened. I own on PSN but have never really played much of FF IX. And I didn't realize that FF VI was up - I'll have to get on that.

B.K.

I'm a little worried about the games I can't copy so far. Some bigger ones among them. :(

Such as?

I'm going to have to go buy some PSN cards this week. I used the last of my money on Front Mission 3 and Suikoden. I've got less than $4 left on my account.

Eusis

Think I'm going to need to clear out several PSP games for this. Persona I only grabbed due to the deal they had awhile back and the fact I lost my copy, and don't think I'll get around to Kenka Bancho any time soon. Actually probably won't get around to quite a bit any time soon, but at least some of the other games I seriously started on or can just play whenever.

fuck yes

rIcOJ.jpg

It's kind of ridiculous how much this one image hypes me the fuck up.

No seriously.

nron10

Neo Member
Chrono Cross and Tomba both don't work.

I really hope Sony has a good answer to give MonkeyPaw Games, who probably look like jerks after announcing that five of their games are coming to Vita. Any word on the other ones outside of Arc the Lad?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
So a PS3 is needed then? Boo!

For the others, yeah. You can always buy the PS1 games via MediaGo then use a friends PS3 as long as you register your PSN account on it.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIET FF7 Looks good. The CG is a little grainy but this isn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it was going to look considering the Vita native res being much more than the PS1's. So good.

Via PS3 or Vita? As crazy as it sounds, I cannot be arsed to get my ID on my dad's PS3, then wait to download and transfer the game.

I'm doing most, if not all, on PS3 (without installing them on PS3) and then copying over.

Chris R

How the hell do I find out how much various things are taking on my stick? Only have 4gb so I need to clean up a bit before downloading stuff, but I can only find how much free space I have left :\

Kurod

Banned
Quoting my post from the other thread
None of my Spyro games would transfer :(

Transferred FFVII and started to play a bit. Got into the first mako reactor when the entire background disappeared. Cloud was standing alone in a void of nothing. Checking the status screen looked like the game was invaded by missingno's.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
The games that I cared most about transferring (FFVII, the Castlevanias, Silent Hill) all transferred, but no Spyro or Crash?

Profound sadness.

FF VI and hot shots 2 both work now, rebooted my vita a couple of times. wtf?

anyways.... crash and FF VII downloading now to install from "bubble" form

tomba still doesnt work though

Elios83

I've been trying a few games (FFIX, Vagarant Story, MGS, Chrono Cross) and OMG, the OLED screen just gives new life to the graphics.
These games are unwatchable on big LCD TVs, on the VIta you can see the small details, it's awesome, it's how you remember them in the old days.

Top Bottom