• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

IconGrist

WE GETTING UPDATES AT WONDERCON BREHS!!! WE CAN STOP BITCHING!

3b9156x462my.jpg

April 1st?

Can't wait for the inevitable plan changes followed by "APRIL FOOLS" comments.

Rooster12

Give a scene like this in Aquaman and I'll forgive everything and pledge my undying loyalty.

2913282-justiceleague7.jpg

Did he even say that line in the Throne of Atlantis animated movie?

I mean, that's one of the most iconic Aquaman scenes and I think they left it out of the movie...it's absurd.

Penguin

This is going to seem like such a drive-in post, but it's just because I've felt no interest in looking at what seems to be a never-ending negativity train with this universe.

Does ANYBODY still have faith or hope in this DC Universe? I'm such a huge DC Comics fan, and I actually liked BvS, though acknowledging that it had a lot of flaws. But I just feel so down about all of this, with all of the Batman solo movie stuff, the turmoil going on behind the scenes with a bunch of the movies, with director changes, page 1 re-writes, etc.

I haven't been looking into what the general fan reaction is to this stuff in many months now, but is morale low among everyone else? Is there anything that would make me feel a little more positive? I want the DCEU to succeed and be good, but I don't have any faith in it. Even the stuff of WW I see looks pretty cool, but I don't even have any faith that IT will be good. I just hope to be surprised in a good way.

I just like looking forward to stuff. Nothing is perfect. The negativity doesn't bother me as much as the people who need to constantly remind you they aren't interested. Like do you want a metal or something

Ross61

I just like looking forward to stuff. Nothing is perfect. The negativity doesn't bother me as much as the people who need to constantly remind you they aren't interested. Like do you want a metal or something

The people that may be even worst than the trolls are the ones who show up to every DCEU related OT to tell us how they've been "burned to many times" and can't get excited at the positive news. Why you are wasting your time like that?

VanWinkle

The people that may be even worst than the trolls are the ones who show up to every DCEU related OT to tell us how they've been "burned to many times" and can't get excited at the positive news. Why you are wasting your time like that?

I would hope you're not talking about me with that. I'm a genuine fan who just wants to be happy and excited with the DCEU. I don't visit many/any of the DCEU threads except this, though.

Ross61

I would hope you're not talking about me with that. I'm a genuine fan who just wants to be happy and excited with the DCEU. I don't visit many/any of the DCEU threads except this, though.

Nah not you. I'm talking about everyone who comes in one of the OT threads like the Matt Reeves directing and producing The Batman thread just to post "This is great news, but I've been burned too many times to get excited by this!". Like what's the point?

Ashhong

Can I get tickets to WonderCon??? Shit is down the street from my house!!

son of a bitch..April 1 tickets are sold out but I can buy 3 day tickets for 60$......worth????

That says New Line....could it be Shazam?????????

Ross61

Can I get tickets to WonderCon??? Shit is down the street from my house!!

son of a bitch..April 1 tickets are sold out but I can buy 3 day tickets for 60$......worth????

That says New Line....could it be Shazam?????????

It's WB in general. We might get a confirmation on the Shazam director.

Howdy. WW trailer was the best so far
up until that last bit with the music
. Glad Batman has a great director behind it. Vaughn would be dope for MoS2. Things are looking up!

ryan299

Guy who said the trailer has Aerosmith, also said there'd be character teasers during the week building up to the trailer.

Also
Doesn't seem like Superman is in it

Ross61

If they go for SS style trailers I wouldn't be mad.

I think they've gotten better at trailers. I haven't seen one for WW that I didn't like.

Ashhong

WW trailers haven't been anything special. I feel like the SS type trailers are the cool thing to do now, or maybe it has been for a while? I remember the last Kong trailer was the same style. I wonder if the same trailer company made that one

Ross61

WW trailers haven't been anything special. I feel like the SS type trailers are the cool thing to do now, or maybe it has been for a while? I remember the last Kong trailer was the same style. I wonder if the same trailer company made that one

We watching the same trailers? They've been great.

Just dropping in to say Disco is a loser

full

I hope they keep Superman out of the marketing for this movie. He is integral to the justice league but after killing him in the last movie they should keep his big return scene from being shown until we see it in theaters. Just show an action shot of superman with the team in the trailers, but not his actual return from the grave.

Ninjimbo

BvS SDCC trailer is incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WWzgGyAH6Y

The others, aside from a glimpse of the warehouse scene were mostly generic and weak. Ultimate Edition trailer was alright, too. Not expecting much for the JL trailers, but I hope they make another weird nerd trailer like the SDCC one for this year's.
Yep. This is right. The SDCC trailer captured the mood of the movie perfectly and hyped everybody the fuck up for a serious showdown.

The other trailers were forgettable but that SDCC trailer was fantastic. It's really damn good.

Btw, since we're talking trailers, MoS trailer 3...is that the GOAT movie trailer? If it's not, is it close?

Superman Returns gotta be the best comic book movie trailer for me. dat Marlon Brando monologue, superman imagery and music was too much. Incredible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsKjfJ1sUIk

also The Dark Knight and Rises, Man of Steel, Suicide Squad all had good trailers too.

It's kind of weird how weak BvS' marketing was when you look at this pattern

Ultimate Cut Trailer was great though if that counts.

LionPride

Banned
Ya know, for as mucb as I can be an asshole in this thread and to X-Men films as well, I don't pull out GAF threads to justify my dislike for something I don't like as if that justifies my stance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom