• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Israel and Hamas might be going to war again (this time with live tweeting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZiZ

A7rjLZHCYAAD1JW.jpg

I wonder how many rockets israel has fired at Gaza?

but then again number of rockets doesn't mean anything, one uses state of the art guided drones, while the other uses a bunch of fireworks.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
From Twitter:

Jon Williams ‏@WilliamsJon
11 month old son of BBC colleague killed in #Gaza. Sister-in-law killed, brother critically injured. Civilians always casualties of conflict

#Israel confirms Israeli Navy bombarding #Gaza. Says it has "struck terror sites" as part of "Operation #PillarOfDefense"

https://twitter.com/WilliamsJon

ffs Egypt; am not saying I support any of this but this is the worst thing to do atm.

Probably not but it'll come up in any court case your involved in.
But you might be able to skip Jury duty ;)

If I follow the IDF I hope that makes it OK. lol. I see some reporters have followed them.

TBH, I'd rather we help fund a defensive measure than an offensive one. Thanks.

Iron Dome is defensive. It doesn't attack.

From Twitter:

11 month old son of BBC colleague killed in #Gaza. Sister-in-law killed, brother critically injured. Civilians always casualties of conflict

#Israel confirms Israeli Navy bombarding #Gaza. Says it has "struck terror sites" as part of "Operation #PillarOfDefense"

Damn :-(

It really sucks I found out about this from a facebook friend in Gaza. I really hope he's alright. I have friends in all three (gaza, west bank, israel) I'll probably message him soon.

They attacked a car. So I assume the others were riding along. The video is on youtube.

Also the Israeli operation is #pillarsofdefense

Behind a paywall.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middleeast/2012/11/20121114142116909809.html
Shortly afterwards, Israel pounded the Gaza Strip with another 20 air strikes, killing five more people, two of them children, Hamas health minister Mufid Mukhalalati said in a televised press conference at Gaza City's Shifa hospital.

He said another 30 people had been injured in the wave of strikes on targets across the territory which hit Gaza City, the northern town of Beit Lahiya and the southern city of Khan Yunis.

And this is more 'self defense?'

A7rjLZHCYAAD1JW.jpg

I wonder how many rockets israel has fired at Gaza?

but then again number of rockets doesn't mean anything, one uses state of the art guided drones, while the other uses a bunch of fireworks.
fireworks that have killed many a people...

also :/ at live tweeting warfare now.

Protein

Banned
From Twitter:

And this thread just took a turn for the depressing.

You must have missed the 120 rockets fired into Israel since Sunday, because this whole issue didn't just start today.

I'm very eager to learn the number of injured and dead as a result of these rocket attacks, because nothing is more important than keeping score in the 'we're right' discussion of a brutal and prolonged war.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, Israel's very presence in Palestine could be considered terrorism. I'm pretty sure that if the tables were turned, and Palestinians took over Israeli land, the Israeli's would find it pretty upsetting.

I have zero respect for Hamas, but saying that Israel is merely defending themselves ignores decades of Israeli occupation and oppression. Israel is occupying stolen Palestinian land and continuing to enforce racist laws, similar to the post-US Civil War black codes, which effectively criminalize being Palestinian. It's a very systematic oppression and intentional persecution.

(Note: When I say Israel, I mean the Israeli government and military. Not the people of Israel. There are many within Israel who oppose the actions of the Israeli government.)

Fuck Hamas, for reals. But remember that Israel's occupation of Palestinian land is a daily, constant terrorism.

I mean, Israel's very presence in Palestine could be considered terrorism. I'm pretty sure that if the tables were turned, and Palestinians took over Israeli land, the Israeli's would find it pretty upsetting.

I have zero respect for Hamas, but saying that Israel is merely defending themselves ignores decades of Israeli occupation and oppression. Israel is occupying stolen Palestinian land and continuing to enforce racist laws, similar to the post-US Civil War black codes, which effectively criminalize being Palestinian. It's a very systematic oppression and intentional persecution.

(Note: When I say Israel, I mean the Israeli government and military. Not the people of Israel. There are many within Israel who oppose the actions of the Israeli government.)

Fuck Hamas, for reals. But remember that Israel's occupation of Palestinian land is a daily, constant terrorism.
You need to show me a definition of terrorism that says occupation is terrorism. Its a military occupation which are legal under international law subject to certain regulations which Israel has broken with things like the settlements and annexation.

Also there is no Israel in Gaza.

ZiZ

8k4IY.png

Fucking hell man.

He was probably an arch-terrorist scumbag and he got what he deserved.

You must have missed the 120 rockets fired into Israel since Sunday, because this whole issue didn't just start today.

so you're saying it started Sunday when the Palestinians just decided to attack totally unprovoked?

and how many civilians did these 120 rockets kill? or even injure?

I'm very eager to learn the number of injured and dead as a result of these rocket attacks, because nothing is more important than keeping score in the 'we're right' discussion of a brutal and prolonged war.

not sure if serious, going to guess you're not.

I mean, Israel's very presence in Palestine could be considered terrorism.

Israel's presence in the former British Mandate of Palestine? Sorry dude, you'll have to blame the UN for that one.

What are these laws? What are you talking about?

Hamas runs Gaza and has since Israel disengaged from it in 2006, that's why we are getting these rockets.

And it's the Israeli people who are being targeted by these rockets.

He was probably an arch-terrorist scumbag and he got what he deserved.

so you're saying it started Sunday when the Palestinians just decided to attack totally unprovoked?

and how many civilians did these 120 rockets kill? or even injure?

Doesn't matter how many were killed or injured, does it? Israel is being attacked by rockets, Israeli civilians have to stay up at night in bomb shelters, that shit can't and won't continue. I don't care whether you approve and neither does Israel.

If only Obama visited Israel when he was in the area. WHY DONT YOU LOVE ISRAEL MORE BARACK

I know you're being sarcastic, but Obama has been one of the most staunchly supportive presidents of Israel in US history. The stupid GOP propaganda that he's anti-Israel is completely unfounded.

not sure if serious, going to guess you're not.

The IDF kills a lot of Palestinian civilians. When it does kill a militant, it couches every death leading up to it in the 'self defense' narrative, never acknowledging that the civilian deaths are what fuel the militancy. If we're going to compare notes like adults, let's not just quote what I'm saying with 'you must have missed the 120 rockets' because that's saying a whole lot of nothing except 'civilian deaths and casualties == 120 rockets.'

Israel would be in a better situation if they didn't treat the West Bank who aren't firing these rockets like shit. They do occupy their lands and do continue to ignore international laws on the issue.

The Palestinian Authority should be given UN recognition (not Hamas); be treated with and used to promote a peaceful solution to Gaza's population.

Until then to most people in Gaza, peace doesn't mean they'll have any sense of independence or fairness. They need to combat this perception.

Israel is just a stubborn child in all this. Hamas are idiots who've torn Palestine apart and any hope for a united front on issues and the rest of the Middle East are all playing cheap games of their own.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

beast786

Hamas? Saudi Arabia? Russia? Iran? China? I don't think the Israeli government is morally corrupt, just really stupid in their strategy sometimes

Yep, its just a stupid strategy to kill innocent civilians and kids....

Lol at iran. I cant recall Iranian government occupying and killing innocent civilian compare to the Israeli amazing track record.

commedieu

Banned
Yep, its just a stupid strategy to kill innocent civilians and kids....

Lol at iran. I cant recall Iranian government occupying and killing innocent civilian compare to the Israeli amazing track record.

You cant compare the two. Israel has provoked more than Iran has directly, and is still doing it. If its #'s vs #'s, Israel lost/wins that easy.

ZiZ

Doesn't matter how many were killed or injured, does it? Israel is being attacked by rockets, Israeli civilians have to stay up at night in bomb shelters, that shit can't and won't continue. I don't care whether you approve and neither does Israel.

well guess what? Palestinians are being attacked by missiles, air raids, solders, settlers with guns and the occasional tank here and there. Palestinians don't even have bomb shelters, and when they're injured they can't get good treatment because their hospitals are under stocked because of the blockade. When Palestinians are slaughtered nobody gives a fuck, yet for some reason that shit can and will continue.
israel has never cared about anybody's approval.

My sarcasm meter is going off like crazy. But I'm not sure... lol

check post #29

beast786

You cant compare the two. Israel has provoked more than Iran has directly, and is still doing it. If its #'s vs #'s, Israel lost/wins that easy.

I didnt. I am just responding to this list that include iran. Lol at that. If i am thinking of aggressive nation that is morally corrupt.. Iran might not be even in top 30.

nib95

Banned
So is this Israels way of stirring tensions and further destroying chances at Palestinian UN statehood or something? Clearly they're getting more desperate as the days go by.

F#A#Oo

Banned
Some horrific photos coming out of Gaza: https://twitter.com/annepaq

Crowd around the morgue of Shifa Hospital, Gaza.

8185801985_5104f382f5.jpg

Palestinian father holding his just-deceased one year old son.

8185626877_8f70c5130e.jpg

Dead Palestinian child being taken away at the hospital (don't want to embed, click for photo)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/activestills/8185626055/in/photostream

Man in burn ward (completely covered in bandages)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/activestills/8185626693/in/photostream/

This whole thing is revolting.

8186088918_803c8800a5_o.jpg

:(

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Something about trolling both the IDF and Hamas just seems like a bad idea.

Pretty much. WWIII starts on the Internet. I heard it said before and thought it would be similar to things like Stuxnet. Guess it's really gonna be about trashtalk on Twitter and videos blaspheming each others prophets. LOL, I guess?

#Idon'thavetwitter

Edit:
That photo... :(

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
So is this Israels way of stirring tensions and further destroying chances at Palestinian UN statehood or something? Clearly they're getting more desperate as the days go by.

If they do go ahead with their bid I hope this helps people see exactly why recognition is needed.

commedieu

Banned
I didnt. I am just responding to this list that include iran. Lol at that. If i am thinking of aggressive nation that is morally corrupt.. Iran might not be even in top 30.

I was trying to +1 on your post.. thats all.. . :\

Well that picture just ruined my day.

People need to see it. I think the world needs to start seeing it.

And one day someone will have pics of the Congo too... if you really wanna wake up.

well guess what? Palestinians are being attacked by missiles, air raids, solders, settlers with guns and the occasional tank here and there. Palestinians don't even have bomb shelters, and when they're injured they can't get good treatment because their hospitals are under stocked because of the blockade. When Palestinians are slaughtered nobody gives a fuck, yet for some reason that shit can and will continue.
israel has never cared about anybody's approval.

check post #29

That's why I have him ignored....

The IDF kills a lot of Palestinian civilians. When it does kill a militant, it couches every death leading up to it in the 'self defense' narrative, never acknowledging that the civilian deaths are what fuel the militancy. If we're going to compare notes like adults, let's not just quote what I'm saying with 'you must have missed the 120 rockets' because that's saying a whole lot of nothing except 'civilian deaths and casualties == 120 rockets.'

Betrayed your true colors with this one, I'm afraid.

Hamas is an internationally recognized terrorist organisation and this man was at the helm of terrorism against Israeli civilians for a decade and more.

You can't just dismiss off-hand the fact that Israel is trying (and succeeding) to target and neutralize terrorism that is a genuine and current threat to it's civilians.

When Palestinians are slaughtered nobody gives a fuck.

I really can't understand this, it's quite unreal. People on here actually believe that Israel is involved in some kind of slaughter of palestinians, or ethnic cleansing or something. Only problem is they seem to have failed on a massive scale.

Listen here, Israel can shut off the electricity it provides to Gaza and then go in and raze all hell till Hamas never dreams of firing a rocket at a populated civilian area again. They don't.

Targeted attacks on terrorists and rocket launchers/caches is what you've got here.

So executing homosexuals isn't grounds for being considered morally corrupt to you? Interesting.

CHEEZMO™;44341093 said:
If they do go ahead with their bid I hope this helps people see exactly why recognition is needed.

I'm actually fine with the PA getting UN recognition, in fact I hope they do get it.

People here seem to forget that the PA and Hamas are essentially at war with each other as well.

Dude Abides

Banned
So if Palestine is recognized by the UN and the fighting continues, what is the potential next step?

Jack shit. Any peacekeeping would require Security Council action and Israel's big brother will veto anything even close to that, and the (largely one-sided) cycle of death will continue ad infinitum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom