• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Newborns on boxes in the hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

elsk

Banned
In Honduras, of course:

72154_10151497699374867_387212979_n.jpg

Third world problems

SALA-DE-LABOR-Y-PARTO-7.jpg

To be fair it's not like it makes much difference if they are in a box or a glass baking dish like they do over here.

alterno69

Banned
To be fair it's not like it makes much difference if they are in a box or a glass baking dish like they do over here.
True but i doubt those boxes are sanitary enough, those women on the floor are the true teagedy, imagine after hours of labor having to rest there :(

Depends on the temperature in the hospital, I guess...but the insulation in the boxes/baskets would of course be rather poor. Being close to the floor puts them at greater risk to harm and germs, too. Beyond these concerns, though, you're right...it's not like they care.

I think they really only need fancy care if there's actually a problem, don't they? I mean, whilst this line of thinking does open up a can of worms, humans survived being born without even having towels and plastic baskets for a few hundred thousand years.

elsk

Banned
True but i doubt those boxes are sanitary enough, those women on the floor are the true teagedy, imagine after hours of labor having to rest there :(

Yeah, they just put the babys there too:

SALA-DE-PARTOS-2.jpg

Depends on the temperature in the hospital, I guess...but the insulation in the boxes/baskets would of course be rather poor. Being close to the floor puts them at greater risk to harm and germs, too. Beyond these concerns, though, you're right...it's not like they care.

It's around 40ºC for like 90% of the year in Honduras

kswiston

It's Honduras. It's always hot. If it's anything like the other countries I have been to in Central and South America, I doubt it is air conditioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom