• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL February 2017 |OT| Alternative Stats

imBask

Banned
whiguyblink.gif

Danny Kristo is still around the NHL

Solo

Fun fact: Danny Kristo was the Habs 1st round pick in 2008. Louis Leblanc was the Habs 1st round pick in 2009. And Jared Tinordi was the Habs 1st round pick in 2010. I can't hold all these busts/Timmins da gawd.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Fun fact: Danny Kristo was the Habs 1st round pick in 2008. Louis Leblanc was the Habs 1st round pick in 2009. And Jared Tinordi was the Habs 1st round pick in 2010. I can't hold all these busts/Timmins da gawd.

Umm excuse me, he was their second round pick in 2008

Cake Boss

Banned

YEAH BUT HE WORKS OUT!!!

SO DOES BERGEVIN!!

Solo

Looking more at some of these drafts....

2015 - 0 NHL games played so far
2014 - 4 NHL games played so far
2013 - pretty good year actually with McCarron/Lehkonen/Andrighetto/DSLR, 236 NHL games played so far
2012 - Aside from AGally, only 6 NHL games played so far (Hudon)
2011 - Aside from Beaulieu, only 13 NHL games played so far (Dietz)
2010 - Aside from Gallagher and Tinordi, 3 NHL games played so far (Ellis)
2009 - Aside from Leblanc and Gabriel Dumont (35 games), 1 NHL game played so far
2008 - 0 NHL games played so far
2007 - Over 1000 NHL games played, obviously our best draft in the past 25 years

Yeah.....

If only we hadn't traded McDonagh.

2013 - pretty good year actually with McCarron/Lehkonen/Andrighetto/DSLR, 236 NHL games played so far
2009 - Aside from Leblanc and Gabriel Dumont (35 games), 1 NHL game played so far
2007 - Over 1000 NHL games played, obviously our best draft in the past 25 years

Yeah.....

Juulsen will be in Laval next year. Hopefully with Mete as well and Simon Bourque who is having a great run with the Saint John Seadogs right now.

Socreges

Banned

Yeah.....

trevor1-e1410034572875.jpg

calder

Good for Hainsey, he was a Jet for a few genuinely terrible teams and had the misfortune of being a prominent PA figure during the last lockout which lead to some idiot fans focusing on him like the lockout was his idea.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Brandon Pirri is skating on the PP2 unit at morning skate. Looking likely that he may be in tonight. Puempel and Buchnevich were also alternating rushes on the 4th line. So expect some possible lineup changes for the Rangers tonight in Toronto.

Hank starting.

Solo

xKTfwow.png

why shit on Timmins and not even post his best achievement

That's low hanging fruit, breh. But I do remember watching that draft and being furious that the Habs didn't draft Jeff Carter. He was the one I wanted at the time.

However, we could talk about 2006 in which we passed up Claude Giroux for David Fischer. Who is David Fischer?

Exactly.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
So Buchnevich confirmed out tonight, Brandon Pirri in. He's been sitting for basically the whole month of February, during which time our record has been really good but our power play has been absolutely in the shitter, a fact that cost us an extra point against the Habs the other night.

Silexx

jamesmillerVerified account‏@JimMiller 18m18 minutes ago

Silver lining for @JayOnrait after cancellation of @foxsportslive -- Hearing he will be returning to @TSN_Sports in Canada.

Dunno what's up with Dan though.

xKTfwow.png

why shit on Timmins and not even post his best achievement

I was curious about who Minnesota got back for Brent Burns:

The Minnesota Wild traded Brent Burns and a 2012 2nd round pick to the San Jose Sharks in return for Devin Setoguchi, Charlie Coyle, and a 2011 1st round pick.

Setoguchi was coming off a 30-goal season (the Thornton effect) and Coyle was a former first-rounder, but it's still a total fleecing (The 2011 1st-rounder was a bust).

Also, Jay and Dan are massively overrated in my opinion. And tbh, watching their in studio stuff at FS1, and their podcast, they were really blinded by the spotlight and seemed to be cruising for checks.

Doesn't seem that American audiences caught onto them either.

I mean, looking at the Jay and Dan news in a more broad light, it might mean that FS1 is on the ropes in terms of original content. Live events might be good...but I don't know. FS1 is really the one stop shop for motorsports fans in the Americas, especially considering they have the TV deals with IMSA, and I believe the 24 Hours of Le Mans as well.

Chris R

Live sports is always fine for me. I'll watch almost ANYTHING sports related if it's live.

Late night, get some sports from Australia or Asia and show that instead of a repeat of skip and shannon

Top Bottom