• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe |OT| Ninjas Play Free - PS4

frizby

For clan transparency:

When I decide who to kick to let someone else in, I use a combo of days offline, longevity in the clan and mastery rank to predict which members are active and which ones aren't. I don't always get it right, but my track record is pretty solid.

My experience has been that if a member who's under mastery rank 5 steps away for a bit, there's a very good chance that they won't be back, because that's the point where the game either has its hooks in you or it doesn't. Over the years, I can count low mastery people who've asked for a reinvite on one hand, but people who pass mastery 10-15 find their way back about half the time, and people over MR15 almost always come back.

No, I don't plan to expand the clan. These busy times ebb and flow.

When spots aren't in high demand, a good rule of thumb is that everybody gets 20 days offline. High mastery and long term members get 30-40 days. A reinvite is NEVER a problem, and new dojo keys are super cheap to build.

Feedback is always welcome. :)

RedFury

For clan transparency:

When I decide who to kick to let someone else in, I use a combo of days offline, longevity in the clan and mastery rank to predict which members are active and which ones aren't. I don't always get it right, but my track record is pretty solid.

My experience has been that if a member who's under mastery rank 5 steps away for a bit, there's a very good chance that they won't be back, because that's the point where the game either has its hooks in you or it doesn't. Over the years, I can count low mastery people who've asked for a reinvite on one hand, but people who pass mastery 10-15 find their way back about half the time, and people over MR15 almost always come back.

When spots aren't in high demand, a good rule of thumb is that everybody gets 20 days offline. High mastery and long term members get 30-40 days. A reinvite is NEVER a problem, and new dojo keys are super cheap to build.

Haha you got me to a T with that one. He may have thought being in the clan meant being able to enter the dojo, in that case maybe he didn't know he needed a key reading the content of his post. Maybe you didn't ban him but just misunderstanding/miscommunication.

VariantX

For clan transparency:

Expanding the clan, and not having the players to support the bigger size would create problems hitting quotas for future events and balloon build requirements for future clan research costs. There's also a good chance a number of players will drop off after they've gotten a good taste of Plains of Eidolon and decide that its not for them. The size that it is now allows it to keep it full of mostly active members.

Namikaze1

Can't stop thinking about my run through the Second Dream quest last night. That last mission so far has been my favorite mission in the game. The quest itself was tough but thankfully, I was matched with a random for the first mission. I stupidly left the group afterwards but the game matched me with the same random again the next quest mission. We both stuck together for the remainder of the quest before being forced to disband for the last mission. I'm just glad the random stuck around those missions cause damn, we died a lot. Especially in that Lua mission where we needed to have this giant mechanical eye destroy 4 pillars. That part was tough as hell. Chewbacca, I will name a Kubrow after you.

rpcdrag0n

Really enjoying being a space ninja!

I've upgraded to mastery rank 2 and I'm just making my way around Venus, I've crafted the clan key and entered the dojo, had no idea what to do in there though :)

Am I right in thinking I just crack on with these early missions and grind?

Thanks!

Cracklox

Just did a 25 minute axi survival with a pretty sweet group of randoms. They were all playing O1's for the Oberon systems. I needed them as well and a had a few radiants to play. A couple of other guys used some radiants as well. All up I think I counted 8 radiants used, and eveything else was was a normal O1, except the final 5 minutes, where 2 people used different relics.

Netted 4 akstilleto receivers, and a sybaris blueprint. FML

Over the years, I can count low mastery people who've asked for a reinvite on one hand, but people who pass mastery 10-15 find their way back about half the time, and people over MR15 almost always come back.

Hmmm. I guess that means you'll more or less expect me back, come my next inevitable break then

frizby

Really enjoying being a space ninja!

I've upgraded to mastery rank 2 and I'm just making my way around Venus, I've crafted the clan key and entered the dojo, had no idea what to do in there though :)

Am I right in thinking I just crack on with these early missions and grind?

Thanks!

Yeah, mostly. Always have a couple of things you want to accomplish.

For now, I'd focus on getting the earth to mars relay opened up and continue opening planets in that direction rather than grinding through venus and mercury...maybe ask for a taxi to that required node on mercury as a shortcut. Maybe I'll log in to see if you're on.

And while you're on Venus, farm up a Rhino. Even without a reactor, he'll get you through the solar system.

frizby

Hmmm. I guess that means you'll more or less expect me back, come my next inevitable break then

Yeah Lox, I always do! You're usually good about letting me know when you start those breaks too.

I think I remember what happenened with caustic_angel. Your clan invite sat for 3-4 days, and I swapped somebody else in. I'm reasonably sure you never accepted it, because there's no way I would have kicked you with under 10 days offline regardless of mastery rank.

So here's a thing: There are currently only seventeen (of 100) clan members with more than ONE DAY offline. That's crazy solid activity!

For clan transparency:

Yeah, making the clan bigger would trouble since very little cooperate on research and events, saying this the clan is still mute regardless of the huge income of new members and veterans returning.

I think I invited a friend who play where he can I hope he didnt get kicked yet

Can't stop thinking about my run through the Second Dream quest last night. That last mission so far has been my favorite mission in the game. The quest itself was tough but thankfully, I was matched with a random for the first mission. I stupidly left the group afterwards but the game matched me with the same random again the next quest mission. We both stuck together for the remainder of the quest before being forced to disband for the last mission. I'm just glad the random stuck around those missions cause damn, we died a lot. Especially in that Lua mission where we needed to have this giant mechanical eye destroy 4 pillars. That part was tough as hell. Chewbacca, I will name a Kubrow after you.

The quest is pretty god and the twist was really hidden until the end

VariantX

Just did a 25 minute axi survival with a pretty sweet group of randoms. They were all playing O1's for the Oberon systems. I needed them as well and a had a few radiants to play. A couple of other guys used some radiants as well. All up I think I counted 8 radiants used, and eveything else was was a normal O1, except the final 5 minutes, where 2 people used different relics.

Netted 4 akstilleto receivers, and a sybaris blueprint. FML

Think that's what I'll be working on today. This and the last part of harrow I need to get. The game's been real stingy about giving me Axi O1 relics though.

Cracklox

I finally got Octavias stuff together. Took around 12-13 ODS runs for the helm. The pain was getting the music puzzle to spawn. Took around 10-15 crossfire missions. I'd seen it a few times before she came out as well, but when you're actually looking for it, you know how it goes.

Looking forward to her as well. I hardly see her around considering how new she is, which is just the sort of frame I like to play. I'll probably even muck around with the mandachord if I can get my head around it too

Think that's what I'll be working on today. This and the last part of harrow I need to get. The game's been real stingy about giving me Axi O1 relics though.

Oh, I don't have to much trouble getting them. I think after that run I've still got another 3 and I've played others as well. I've been doing a lot of 20+ excavator heiracon runs in the last week or so though.

The real pain in the proverbial is the Valkyr piece on the V5 axi. I still don't have that. I was gunning for it when she came out, didn't get it, took a break, came back and probably played 7 or 8 radiants with still nothing. In fact I need Oberon, Valkyr and Banshee rare axi pieces and I can put them together. And then I'll have all Primes (except Nyx, who I'm missing one piece of)

Go figure I would get my second 75% 2 days after completing Harrow quest.

... don't even know what to spend it on. Maybe a Hema or Sibear since farming those is a nightmare.

VariantX

Go figure I would get my second 75% 2 days after completing Harrow quest.

... don't even know what to spend it on. Maybe a Hema or Sibear since farming those is a nightmare.

You just need mutagen masses for Hema. The real legwork was already done by us getting all those mutagen samples which required days of grinding endless derelict missions to do. I probably should have spent plat on boosters. Sibear...yeah. 30k cryotic is ridiculous + having an available slot for an already built magistar to build it too considering its not that good of a weapon.

Dunlop

Geezus, game has given me so many Harrow Chassis BP. Had one relic run where I got two just seconds apart.

Just got 2 in the same run also

Finally had some time to play and fired up my new Chroma that was ready

....bleh

Ability 1 and 4 seems completely useless.

Looked up and the most popular build is for an ice tank, after many many forma. Regret spending the 20 plat needed to open a space for it lol

Back to my Trinity Prime

You just need mutagen masses for Hema. The real legwork was already done by us getting all those mutagen samples which required days of grinding endless derelict missions to do. I probably should have spent plat on boosters. Sibear...yeah. 30k cryotic is ridiculous + having an available slot for an already built magistar to build it too considering its not that good of a weapon.

I'm not in GAF clan so I need 2500 more samples in my clan which is the problem. It's just me and a friend. We were hoping the defection mission would reward samples like it did during the event.

Sibear made me leave the game for a good time , fuck excavation and its 30k cryotic requirement

The only good thing is I need 220k more endo and that one excavation rewards decent endo drops so I can at least farm both at the same time.

frizby

I'm not in GAF clan so I need 2500 more samples in my clan which is the problem. It's just me and a friend. We were hoping the defection mission would reward samples like it did during the event.

LOL. You and your friend could always just join the GAF clan. You seem like a regular in the thread. We're always 100% on research.

On that note, the Scourge is done in the Tenno Lab if you guys wanna pick up the BP.

MR24 tomorrow morning!

Cracklox

....bleh

Looked up and the most popular build is for an ice tank, after many many forma. Regret spending the 20 plat needed to open a space for it lol

Back to my Trinity Prime

Yeah, Chroma was no fun at all for me as well. Although his new augment that just got added could make his 4 a little more useful, and dare I say fun. Haven't seen nor looked into it beyond the augment description, so I don't know how useful it is in practice though

LOL. You and your friend could always just join the GAF clan. You seem like a regular in the thread. We're always 100% on research.

On that note, the Scourge is done in the Tenno Lab if you guys wanna pick up the BP.

MR24 tomorrow morning!

I'll see if my friend is interested. She's who got me into the game and wanted to make a clan. I was going to suggest maybe alliance with the GAF clan and taking any overflow but I didn't know what that entailed.

We're about halfway through MR22 ourselves.

frizby

I'll see if my friend is interested. She's who got me into the game and wanted to make a clan. I was going to suggest maybe alliance with the GAF clan and taking any overflow but I didn't know what that entailed.

We're about halfway through MR22 ourselves.

In four years, this month is the first time we've been close to having an overflow issue, and I suspect it will pass.

Research with two people has to suck, even if it's just a ghost clan. For a couple of mr22s, I would 100% find some space.

Demand for clan spots is super high right now. If you were offline for 10 days or more, depending on your mastery, it's entirely possible I kicked you. Apologies if that's the case. Will see if o can free up a spot in the morning.

As for the dojo, build your key and navigate there once we get you back in. :)

Edit. Sent. And I'm not sure why I kicked you if I did.
Thanks again. Also...how do I build a key? I remember having one last week, but I don't have one anymore. Sorry for all the questions. >.<

frizby

Thanks again. Also...how do I build a key? I remember having one last week, but I don't have one anymore. Sorry for all the questions. >.<

Look in your foundry under keys. The dojo BP will be there, and it's pretty cheap to build. Once it's finished building, the dojo is available for research, trading, etc.

Cracklox

In fact I need Oberon, Valkyr and Banshee rare axi pieces and I can put them together. And then I'll have all Primes (except Nyx, who I'm missing one piece of)

Gunna quote myself here. Just landed the Banshee and Valkyr bits on one Xini run.

200w.webp

rpcdrag0n

Yeah, mostly. Always have a couple of things you want to accomplish.

For now, I'd focus on getting the earth to mars relay opened up and continue opening planets in that direction rather than grinding through venus and mercury...maybe ask for a taxi to that required node on mercury as a shortcut. Maybe I'll log in to see if you're on.

And while you're on Venus, farm up a Rhino. Even without a reactor, he'll get you through the solar system.

Awesome, thanks for the advice.

Jumped on yesterday to blast through a few missions - if anyone from the clan did join me (wasn't sure if clan or randoms) then apologies for getting lost a few times on missions. Some people just ninja all over the place at lightning speed, shooting off to the objective and the waypoint marker has led me down a few dark alleys. I need to use the minimap more and focus less on killing everything when it's not needed.

Been working on some Venus missions and also unlocked the path to Mercury which in turn unlocks one of the quests required for the Earth to Mars relay, so basically, I'm working on it :)

Should I still be looking at Rhino even though I nabbed a Frost Prime from Twitch Prime rewards?

jfull7602

Neo Member
Should I still be looking at Rhino even though I nabbed a Frost Prime from Twitch Prime rewards?

I would say, yes. Rhino is still a good frame to have in the beginning. I've seen people that are high mastery and still use him on a regular basis; definitely go for it!

Briarios

....bleh

Back to my Trinity Prime

Haha isn't funny how you always fall back on your favorites? I've unlocked a few frames recently, but I keep going back to my Frost Prime.

I am having fun with Nezha, though ... Not sure how useful she'll be end game, though.

Cracklox

Just watched the dev stream, and they're planning on having Plains of Eilodon on PC sometime in september.

Also
Threshcone Prime!

Haha isn't funny how you always fall back on your favorites? I've unlocked a few frames recently, but I keep going back to my Frost Prime.

I am having fun with Nezha, though ... Not sure how useful she'll be end game, though.

Uhh, Nehza's a dude. He's just a touch, ummm, 'effeminate'

But yeah, he's been my most played frame of late. He's not a nuker, but offers great utility with all 4 powers being useful, has good crowd control, and moves super quick. The augment for Halo also can help out a team a bunch, by giving them an extra damage layer and CC immunity. Plus he has the best animation set in the game with his noble one.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Man another shit pistol riven. I thought they made melee rivens the highest drop chance? Got 3 riven since the update and no melee. Just another akjagara and another torrid and cestra. Lame. Why can't we transmute some into new ones yet?

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Who the hell approved this mr test? Why make us use our operators? Why does the orb regenerate? Why?

Oh wow even if you pass you need ten extra seconds so lotus can speak or you still fail. Fuck off DE. Jfc.

Lol okay I tried it for real, passed with 6 second left, it said I failed then froze the game. Restart and I'm mr 24 lol. This fucking game is so borked sometimes.

frizby

Who the hell approved this mr test? Why make us use our operators? Why does the orb regenerate? Why?

Oh wow even if you pass you need ten extra seconds so lotus can speak or you still fail. Fuck off DE. Jfc.

Lol okay I tried it for real, passed with 6 second left, it said I failed then froze the game. Restart and I'm mr 24 lol. This fucking game is so borked sometimes.

Lol. Agreed.

I probably practiced this test 15-20 times. Easily more than any other. But when I finally got it down, I was passing pretty easily with 30-90 seconds left.

Namikaze1

Question:

I currently have all the parts for Limbo, Vauban, and Oberon. Of those 3, which one would you guys recommend for a mostly solo player? Like which of those 3 will help out in the long run. Currently only have room for one more frame. Have no plat to spend on additional warframe room after stupidly spending the free plat from the PS Plus starter package on a not so good companion long ago.

I have Frost Prime and Excalibur for frames at the moment. I am willing to drop Excalibur at any moment. Frost Prime? Hell no. That one stays. Forever.

frizby

Question:

I currently have all the parts for Limbo, Vauban, and Oberon. Of those 3, which one would you guys recommend for a mostly solo player? Like which of those 3 will help out in the long run. Currently only have room for one more frame. Have no plat to spend on additional warframe room after stupidly spending the free plat from the PS Plus starter package on a not so good companion long ago.

I have Frost Prime and Excalibur for frames at the moment. I am willing to drop Excalibur at any moment. Frost Prime? Hell no. That one stays. Forever.

You should keep both Frost Prime and Excalibur because both are the best versions of those frames and both are good.

My advice for which to build is the opposite of what you asked. Build the LEAST long term useful, level it up and get rid of it. I'd build Oberon (because prime is available), then Vauban (same but slightly harder to get), then Limbo...and hopefully by the time you've leveled all three, you've either earned some plat or bought some. FWIW, I sometimes sell plat on the cheap. PM if you need some.

Been a while since I've played but boy has this game changed a lot.

Feel totally overwhelmed trying to figure out how everything works and how to maximise my damage. Still loving using Ember Prime.

What is slightly annoying is the hoops you need to jump through to unlock the story missions, trying to unlock the "Natah" mission but can't for the life of me get the drone thing to spawn.

It also seems as if the frame rate has become a bit more stable during busy defence style missions from what I remember. It used to be a slideshow back in the days with loads of ammo lying around, now there's still slow down but it's manageable. Is there Abbott I left improvement between PS4 and Pro?

Anyway, is the GAF clan still going on? Was in it back when the game was released but went inactive for quite a long time. PSN is Souldestroyer199 if so.

Dunlop

Been a while since I've played but boy has this game changed a lot.

Feel totally overwhelmed trying to figure out how everything works and how to maximise my damage. Still loving using Ember Prime.

What is slightly annoying is the hoops you need to jump through to unlock the story missions, trying to unlock the "Natah" mission but can't for the life of me get the drone thing to spawn.

Anyway, is the GAF clan still going on? Was in it back when the game was released but went inactive for quite a long time. PSN is Souldestroyer199 if so.

I had the same problem, did many many runs with nothing.

In a weird coincidence the first run after joining the NeoGaf clan had the damn drone lol

Namikaze1

First time trading and screwed up a potential trade. Quickly learned from my mistake and got another potential trade several minutes later only for the game to tell me I can't trade the BP I was offering to the other player due to them not meeting the mastery requirement.

I just wanna get some plat, game. :(

Cracklox

Question:

I'm pretty sure there's a new psn starter pack avaialble that you should be able to grab off psn. I got one ages ago when I first started (nearly 2 years or so ago), and then I think it was around the beginning of the year another one released, which you were able to buy again.

So depending on how long ago 'long ago' is you should be able to go grab it

And like Frizby said, may as well build Oberon and toss him. His parts are pretty common too. I recently sold around 700k worth of his parts I'd stocked up. I think I had 57 of one bit...

frizby

Sent. Welcome back.

I had to clear the invite for caustic_angel. It's been sitting for 4-5 days. Same reason I had to clear it last time. If you need help accepting the clan invite, please let us know.

frizby

Earned my first sortie riven today. Shame it's MR16 and I'm only 10. I

I still sell all of my rivens unopened. Can't be bothered.

What am I gonna do...make a gun more nasty than Tigris Prime? I think not.

You should do the same and buy some slots. :)

I give up. I just logged in, accepted the clan request, and it didn't add me.
Is there a certain amount of time the invite lasts before it doesn't work anymore? I hadn't logged in since like Thursday or so.

Top Bottom