• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

12 years later, Majora's Mask is still blowing my mind

Anth0ny

I finished LttP, OoT, skipped MM, recently finished WW, currently just over 20 hours in TP and just backlogged SW I got on sale new for $35.

I'm really not having fun with TP. I hate the wolf sections. I hate the dark theme. The graphics aren't near as timeless as WW (I still can't believe that game is over 10 years old). It's tollerable enough that I'm sure I can get through it.

Afterwards I may go back to MM.

well at least make it to the first dungeon and give us impressions then

I finished LttP, OoT, skipped MM, recently finished WW, currently just over 20 hours in TP and just backlogged SW I got on sale new for $35.

I'm really not having fun with TP. I hate the wolf sections. I hate the dark theme. The graphics aren't near as timeless as WW (I still can't believe that game is over 10 years old). It's tollerable enough that I'm sure I can get through it.

the wind waker has not reached 10 years yet

ToxicAdam

One of the first games I ever used a walkthrough for. Which ruined it for me, because once I started, I couldn't stop.

So, I blew through the game in a long weekend. It didn't really have the impact on me like it had for other people. Still a great game though.

fakie

Remember being 9 and so disappointed that my dad had got me MM instead of the amazing OoT I had dreamt of playing every single night since the first time I saw it in action. Boy was I wrong... I love both games, but man... MM is just as good as it gets.

Would love a remake in the style of the concept art.

Yes, yes, a thousand fucking times, yes.

mantidor

All those details in this game, just amazing.

Something always shocked me. The deku butler son thing is not explicitly said until the credits (and even then is just subtle), but you don't need to even see the credits to realize it, you can easily deduce it because after all, every transformation mask you were is from someone who died. Actually, most of the masks are associated with death or loss in some way, most of them are actually given to you by dead people.

That little fact still blows my mind, because is truly morbid in a way, you wouldn't expect that from a Nintendo game, or most games for that matter. The game is really, really dark. And the good thing is that is not apparent, when I first played it I didn't realize it.

Cygnus X-1

No, you have to go back at MM no matter what. You are missing the best of all Zelda. And by the way, I found Twilight Princess a masterful designed and detailed game. But I was bored to the death by it.

Seeing this thread reminded me of a previous one, explaining how Majora is Nintendo's greatest villain.

Impressive thread.

Seik

Banned
I'm sure I've been beaten, but this is really cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JOChBfhta4&feature=g-vrec

Dat psychotic Happy Mask Salesman. Creepy as hell with that song.

XKPV0.png
7z7mn.png

One day...it'll happen.

All those details in this game, just amazing.

Something always shocked me. The deku butler son thing is not explicitly said until the credits (and even then is just subtle), but you don't need to even see the credits to realize it, you can easily deduce it because after all, every transformation mask you were is from someone who died. Actually, most of the masks are associated with death or loss in some way, most of them are actually given to you by dead people.

That little fact still blows my mind, because is truly morbid in a way, you wouldn't expect that from a Nintendo game, or most games for that matter. The game is really, really dark. And the good thing is that is not apparent, when I first played it I didn't realize it.

When I had first played MM I didn't understand the correlation with the Deku son, but after I got the Zora mask and witnessed the fate of Mikau there was no doubt that the masks were from fallen races, all three of them.

AlexSmash

damn it i love this game so much.
so very much.

i really wanted to save the world not "beat the game".

The deku butler son thing is not explicitly said until the credits (and even then is just subtle), but you don't need to even see the credits to realize it, you can easily deduce it because after all, every transformation mask you were is from someone who died

holy shit. never realized this. damn.

Top Bottom