• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yoichi Wada: Final Fantasy Versus XIII not cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceravic

EzD5X.gif

2289046_o.gif

I won't lie. As much as I hadn't paid attention to this game because of the lack of info on it, the fact that it's not cancelled makes me pretty happy.

This is great news, but I have a bad feeling they're running out of time, considering how the PS4 isn't that far off and I think they'll have 2 years at most to put out the game from now.

"Swansong" games usually don't end up doing too well either. If we don't see anything at TGS (unless it's been confirmed already and I'm not aware of that) I think it'll unfortunately be one of those cases :(

Perhaps the awful/blurry cellphone video captured from an ancient cellphone would suffice.

Have all of these trailers been revealed? I remember a 3rd Birthday trailer where the character models were completely different and the game showed scenes that didn't occur in the actual game.
Like Kyle Madigan beating up Aya and walking into flames.
Somewhat intriguing for a game that had such a terrible story. Could have been at one point totally different ...

GCX

Am I becoming an out of touch grandpa or is it kinda weird seeing a company CEO end a sentence with "lol" when trying to clarify a pretty serious rumor.

Edit: Oh I see it was already discussed

Riposte

I feel like we should ban Kotaku because NeoGAF can't handle hearing rumors.

In that last thread Kotaku's word was treated with an absurd amount of credibility.

ubercheez

"Swansong" games usually don't end up doing too well either. If we don't see anything at TGS (unless it's been confirmed already and I'm not aware of that) I think it'll unfortunately be one of those cases :(

Off the top of my head, God of War 2 and Persona 4 would disagree.

Foffy

Banned
It may not be cancelled, but they sure as shit have very little to show for the massive timesink that the game has had.

Valnen

I feel like we should ban Kotaku because NeoGAF can't handle hearing rumors.

In that last thread Kotaku's word was treated with an absurd amount of credibility.

That's such a sad reason to ban a site. Ugh. Yet painfully true as this thread shows.

Boss Man

Yoichi "The Boss" Wada said:
It seems someone is spreading a false rumor about Versus being canceled. Heh, just a few moments ago a regularly scheduled meeting for Versus ended. If you were to see the city etc. presented today, you'd wouldn't be able to stand from surprise, lol.
iGfF5w1TZE3IH.gif

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
It is all part of the plan. Kotaku wanted to force a statement from SE all along.

Lol. Who am I kidding

That's such a sad reason to ban a site. Ugh. Yet painfully true as this thread shows.

Seriously? They're the ones putting it out there based on obviously bullshit sources. If they didn't get shit for reporting false rumours then what consequences would there be for just making any old shit up?

The saddest part about this whole thing is that a number of sites (like IGN) actually reported it as truth.

Kaizer

Banned
Forget blaming Kotaku, how about you show the fucking game Square Enix. Jesus, "I saw towns in the meeting today. They're like super awesome guys, too bad you can't see any of it though!" Ugh. I'll believe it when the disc is in my hands or when they decide to show it finally.

rozay

Banned
Sad how many people wait with baited breath for SE to make a mistake and die, but allow EA and Bioware to pound them in the butt over and over and welcome them back with open arms
This isn't really related to the topic, but there are PLENTY who wish bioware would just roll over and die here.

NBtoaster

Seriously? They're the ones putting it out there based on obviously bullshit sources. If they didn't get shit for reporting false rumours then what consequences would there be for just making any old shit up?

The saddest part about this whole thing is that a number of sites (like IGN) actually reported it as truth.

So you know who Kotaku's sources were and why they shouldn't have been trusted?

Can someone explain why towns are so hard to make in HD? I don't even remotely understand. I'm pretty sure there have been quite a few towns in RPGs this generation.

Oh, and before someone else says it: "city" = "shops" = HD DLC shop menus

Can someone explain why towns are so hard to make in HD? I don't even remotely understand. I'm pretty sure there have been quite a few towns in RPGs this generation.

Oh, and before someone else says it: "city" = "shops" = HD DLC shop menus

Making towns is easy. Filling them with a HD level of detail is the hard part in terms of the time it takes.

DJIzana

I'm actually surprised he went on commenting on the game a little more, in regards to seeing the HD towns now, lol.

Takao

Banned
December 2012 worldwide release date. Please? I just want the game...

Square Enix probably gonna charge $120 for this game in Japan why would they hurt that by doing a simultaneous release? Well, I suppose they could region lock it...

Also, lol 2012 release.

Edit: Then again, PS3 Slim launched right before XIII. Super Slim to launch before XV?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom