• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Naruto Manga |OT2| Not A Romance Manga

Every fucking time Sakura shows up on screen...then again that's also Ghst.

Don't forget my boy Sasuke pls

Didn't you just say you weren't even reading Togashi's stuff?

You were talking about Yu Hakusho. I've come across Hunter x Hunter, read it like 5 years ago (mainly because people were saying its just like Naruto lol). Got up to them training with a Kung Fu master and stopped.

Fair enough, its been a long time, but I honestly don't recall anything spectacular about HxH and it certainly did not draw me in like Naruto did.

Don't forget my boy Sasuke pls

You were talking about Yu Hakusho. I've come across Hunter x Hunter, read it like 5 years ago (mainly because people were saying its just like Naruto lol). Got up to them training with a Kung Fu master and stopped.

Fair enough, its been a long time, but I honestly don't recall anything spectacular about HxH and it certainly did not draw me in like Naruto did.
Dude you stopped reading HxH before it even got good. You just stopped at some of the introductory elements of the story. They were learning about Nen at that point, but they still haven't figured out how to actually use it at that point. Shit Gon and Kurapika based on where I'm at now at ep 52 I think still don't even have their own specific Nen techniques. I've seen all of YYH and I consider it worth getting into, though the manga ran with an altered ending to the anime.

phaze

I knew very early on that Kurapika was Sasuke.

And I explicitly said Kishi goes into completely different directions with what he aped and that you can't see it if you have seen only beginning of HxH. At this point in time, I'm not sure if it's my english that's so bad or just your comprehension.

And I explicitly said Kishi goes into completely different directions with what he aped and that you can't see it if you have seen only beginning of HxH. At this point in time, I'm not sure if it's my english that's so bad or just your comprehension.
Part of that was probably just me being a dick. I know Kishi didn't steal stuff 100% It's just funny going back and forth between both properties and seeing the similarities.

Khezu

Never watched or read HXH and never will, but YHH is the best 12 year old battle manga ever created.

Shits on DBZ and Naruto from a great heights.

Only thing comparable is the first arc of Bleach.

Disclaimer I only watch super mainstream anime.

Then I gonna scream so loud you die.
I loved to build up to the Shadow Beasts only for them to get fucking ROFL stomped by one guy.
Never watched or read HXH and never will, but YHH is the best 12 year old battle manga ever created.

Shits on DBZ and Naruto from a great heights.

Only thing comparable is the first arc of Bleach.

Disclaimer I only watch super mainstream anime.
Still one of the best anime dubs too. One of my favorite Shounen shows too. Surprisingly SP didn't crank out a fuck ton of filler for the show like it did for Naruto. I wonder why?

phaze

I'm actually watching YYH (well, trying) right now and the first 8 episodes are almost comically bad. When will the glory Togashi reach me finally. ;_;

I'm actually watching YYH (well, trying) right now and the first 8 episodes are almost comically bad. When will the glory Togashi reach me finally. ;_;
That's the first introductory arc. Oddly enough Togashi likes to ease his way into story. You're probably just barely in the world building stage at this point. I doesn't start picking up till Yusuke comes back to life and starts his first case, though it doesn't get real good till Yusuke gets his crew, which is one of the best Shounen crews in all of Shounen, Team Urameshi pulls their weight.

Dude you stopped reading HxH before it even got good. You just stopped at some of the introductory elements of the story. They were learning about Nen at that point, but they still haven't figured out how to actually use it at that point. Shit Gon and Kurapika based on where I'm at now at ep 52 I think still don't even have their own specific Nen techniques. I've seen all of YYH and I consider it worth getting into, though the manga ran with an altered ending to the anime.

100+ episode animes are out of bounds for me these days.

Hell Uvogin fights are more brutal and metal than I can think of in Naruto.

Thats another thing. The fights in HxH, while being interesting to read never felt as visceral, even in the anime.

100+ episode animes are out of bounds for me these days.

Thats another thing. The fights in HxH, while being interesting to read never felt as visceral, even in the anime.
But Naruto is like 600 eps long... I actually think the HxH eps are pretty efficient compared to most Shounen shows. YYH is also pretty efficient with fight length as well, though it really depends on who's fighting. For the most part if it's Hiei or Kurama...it's a one ep fight lol.

But Naruto is like 600 eps long... I actually think the HxH eps are pretty efficient compared to most Shounen shows. YYH is also pretty efficient with fight length as well, though it really depends on who's fighting. For the most part if it's Hiei or Kurama...it's a one ep fight lol.

I've been watching Naruto for over 10 years. If I had just come across the series now there would be no chance of me watching the anime. I can blitz manga pretty quickly though. Read all of Berserk in a 2 days. Got me hooked and then despair.

I've been watching Naruto for over 10 years. If I had just come across the series now there would be no chance of me watching the anime. I can blitz manga pretty quickly though. Read all of Berserk in a 2 days. Got me hooked and then despair.
I can't imagine enduring Naruto for that long.
tenor.gif

Following Naruto whether it was on tv with friends and fam or with the manga, online with this crazy fandom was heaps of fun. Good shit and worth it as I was very happy with the ending and Boruto the Movie.

SoulUnison

Banned
There was a period where I felt like I was only holding onto Naruto to see how it ended, but then... Bleach happened.
I legitimately enjoyed Naruto, even though the "War" arc dragged and everything that happened around the Divine Tree was shounen as FUCK.
At least Naruto answered most of its questions, even if people didn't necessarily like the answers.

80% of what Bleach spent 4 years building up to and laying groundwork for set pieces just...never happened.

Six Path Naruto is one of the lamest looking "final forms" in manga, though.

Dr.Hadji

Following Naruto whether it was on tv with friends and fam or with the manga, online with this crazy fandom was heaps of fun. Good shit and worth it as I was very happy with the ending and Boruto the Movie.

Same. Though real body Madara and Kaguya were really straining things for me (if you took that out I don't think the series would miss a thing). Love the themes of the show most of all. Oh and for the best shounen fight scenes as well.

*edit* And like it better than HxH as well. Honestly kind of surprised at the pedestal people here place HxH and OP on. Great series, but to act like Naruto is garbage is comparison is strange to me.

Same. Though real body Madara and Kaguya were really straining things for me (if you took that out I don't think the series would miss a thing). Love the themes of the show most of all. Oh and for the best shounen fight scenes as well.
Real body Madara made god damn sure he caught them all while he had one fucking arm.

Yado

*edit* And like it better than HxH as well. Honestly kind of surprised at the pedestal people here place HxH and OP on. Great series, but to act like Naruto is garbage is comparison is strange to me.

Eh...I don't watch OP but I struggle to think of anything the Naruto series does better than HxH. Kishi's writing and character development are just so awful at times that it taints the series.

Ray Down

Banned

OP has great world building, amazing and varied locales, fun characters, side cast while getting shuffled around gets more devolpment and moments than anything in Naruto. OP is constantly build it's world, setting future events though hints, set's up mysteries for us to wonder and wait in anticipation.

OP has a better grasp on it's story, world, & characters than Naruto ever hope it could.

Basically:

Somx4.png

OP and HxH have there problems but I'm there small potatoes to Narutos.

brinstar

For me they're all just different flavors. It also annoys me when people act like HxH and OP are flawless. Especially HxH. I'm a huge HxH fan but I think Togashi gets away with a lot of bullshit. OP is cool but I find it repetitive at times. Naruto is the most tuned in to my tastes.

Out of all the battle manga I've read Bleach is the only one that felt out and out bad. I've seen people try to make Bleach and Naruto out to be the same quality and I just don't get it.

Sai

For me they're all just different flavors. It also annoys me when people act like HxH and OP are flawless. Especially HxH. I'm a huge HxH fan but I think Togashi gets away with a lot of bullshit.
Maybe because they(at least Naruto) are more popular in America?

I rate HxH higher than Naruto, but I don't act as if it just completely eclipses it or somethin'. When I recommend HxH to Naruto fans I really only do so because I feel those who enjoyed Naruto may be able to find similar enjoyment in HxH; maybe even get a few chuckles out of the inspirations Kishimoto took from it.

It was kinda frustrating recommending HxH starting back towards the end of the Greed Island arc, before the retouched tankobons hit; folks would just look at the most current scanslated chapters and have this revolting reaction to it. >_<

phaze

OP has great world building, amazing and varied locales, fun characters, side cast while getting shuffled around gets more devolpment and moments than anything in Naruto. OP is constantly build it's world, setting future events though hints, set's up mysteries for us to wonder and wait in anticipation.

OP has a better grasp on it's story, world, & characters than Naruto ever hope it could.

Basically:

Also a dreary beginning, glacial pacing, repetitive arcs and 100 new pointless characters per each of them, flat cast, lack of believable strength progression and asspulls that begin much earlier than in Naruto. I also much prefer Naruto's character design and art but that's more of a personal preference.

Dude yesssss
Loved the themes of perseverance, having faith in each other and in the bonds you have. Thats one thing Kishi did very well and managed to intertwine it throughout the manga no matter the scenario.

With you on the fights as well. Naruto fights are the best shounen fights I've seen. They don't need to be the most tactical but the mix of martial arts and jutsu were a treat to watch.

Basically:

Somx4.png

OP and HxH have there problems but I'm there small potatoes to Narutos.

This pic is incorrect. There are numerous Naruto plotlines introduced early on that effect the story later on.

If only the gif has what's left of him or lack there of.

Or something more metal like the Knife Edge death match.
Lol I love how Hiei just burns his fucking shadow into the wall and walks right off. Naruto has nothing on the Dark Tournament. Not to mention Hiei vs Makintaro. Oh god let's not even talk about Kurama vs Elder Toguro, fucking ruthless.

Ray Down

Banned
Lol I love how Hiei just burns his fucking shadow into the wall and walks right off. Naruto has nothing on the Dark Tournament. Not to mention Hiei vs Makintaro. Oh god let's not even talk about Kurama vs Elder Toguro, fucking ruthless.

Kurma fought Karasu, not Elder Toguro.

Though Kuwabara vs Elder is awesome cuss of his shit talking about Genkai being a whore and old. Kuwabara just outright wants to kill him because he's below a human.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Naruto was amazing from beginning to end and I will stand by that until the day I die

Kurma fought Karasu, not Elder Toguro.

Though Kuwabara vs Elder is awesome cuss of his shit talking about Genkai being a whore and old. Kuwabara just outright wants to kill him because he's below a human.
I wasn't sticking to the Dark Tournament when I said Kurama vs Elder Toguro. I know who fought whom in the Dark Tournament, seen it about 5 or 6 times. Though yes Kurama vs Karasu was also a great fight. Elder Toguro pretty much let Kuwabara win though. Though he did cross the line, his younger brother was getting sick of his bullshit regarding Genkai though. Was definitely an uncalled for low blow.

When Rock Lee took off his weights that shit was hype
That is easily the most amazing moment in the anime for me and one of the few times I can recall my own facial expression mirroring that of characters in the reaction panels. The Lee/Gaara battle was epic and I wish Naruto had kept that pace and quality.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Honestly I think Orochimaru took the series down a peg. It was better before him, and when he died a ton of cool shit instantly happened

Khezu

I can't get into One Piece, I actively dislike the art and how cluttered it is.

I'm sure it's good, but I can't look past it.

Top Bottom