• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread 10: Against the Odds, We Choose to Hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.

random25

CHROM BUTTS IN!

oMvvhfm.jpg

So what we saw in Lucina's eyes is the reflection of looking at Chrom's boxers! Chrom in boxers as Final Smash alt confirmed!

[QUOTE="D";121092748]I feel like Lucina could have gotten her own different animations to take away the sting of people like me who initially assumed she was "a wasted slot". Although I now know she isn't, it would at least look better asthetically for her to have her own movements. Especially with her wielding the
Exalted Falchion

Since she's the girl swordsmen of the group, I could imagine her being graceful like Zero Suit Samus...with flips and cartwheels and twirls in her attacks but in effect they still function like Marth's.

She would still be a "Marth clone" but at least visually its more believable that she's her "own character" instead of being lazy and changing some properties to the moveset but keeping the same animations.[/QUOTE]

is it fully confirmed that luci is going to be a 1:1 marth clone? (i know it fits the character to be honest but i digress) i do hope she does have some unique animations and im hoping her final smash is different from marths

GamerSoul

I hate to present this possibility, but do you guys think Sakurai is wrong about Lucina and she is actually an alt? Maybe he doesn't know yet, even?

I mean, let's go over the evidence, because it's nothing if not incredibly convincing and irrefutable. First of all, the "?!" I don't know about you guys, but I've studied English my entire life having lived in America, and I can tell you as an expert that question marks denote many things, including suggestions contrary to statements of fact. So they wouldn't have put that there if not for her just being an alt.

Secondly, every single one of her moves is the same. There's clones and there's clones, you know? Whereas Roy would be Solid Snake, Lucina is Solidus, she's exactly the same in every single way. It's so similar, I believe that even Sakurai is confused. He probably created her as an alt but, as we know, doesn't speak english, so his explanation doesn't really hold up to scrutiny. The part about the sword difference also doesn't make sense, because as we established already, she's just an alt costume, so that's further evidence Sakurai doesn't really know what he's talking about.

I'm just saying, I've played a lot of Smash Bros. so I'm pretty sure I know when something smells fishy and this reeks of the ocean.

well, you did write two paragraphs so I'm inclined to agree with you, man. maybe next time Lucina.

tumblr_inline_mmvaz7wFc51qz4rgp.gif

Toxi

Banned
[QUOTE="D";121092748]Since she's the girl swordsmen of the group, I could imagine her being graceful like Zero Suit Samus...with flips and cartwheels and twirls in her attacks but in effect they still function like Marth's.[/QUOTE]
Apparently, women are biologically programmed to add useless flourishes to their swordplay.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I wonder if my dream of a black shadow clone being what ganondorf has been, while he comes with an actual moveset can actually be reality now.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
is it fully confirmed that luci is going to be a 1:1 marth clone? (i know it fits the character to be honest but i digress) i do hope she does have some unique animations and im hoping her final smash is different from marths

Animation-wise we haven't seen anything.

Posts below make sense though. If Sakurai could have been bothered to make new animations for her then it would make sense to just go ahead and give her a new moveset. Didn't think about that myself before I posted my idea about her getting her own animations. Its nearly 3AM here and my brain is on auto-pilot

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
We should just put him in his swimsuit and get it done with. That's what everyone really wants.
What's that you say? By extention you want swimsuits for the whole cast which includes kids like toon link, ness, Lucas and, depending on ones viewpoint, villager.

Police!

[QUOTE="D";121092748]I feel like Lucina could have gotten her own different animations to take away the sting of people like me who initially assumed she was "a wasted slot". Although I now know she isn't, it would at least look better asthetically for her to have her own movements. Especially with her wielding the
Exalted Falchion

Since she's the girl swordsmen of the group, I could imagine her being graceful like Zero Suit Samus...with flips and cartwheels and twirls in her attacks but in effect they still function like Marth's.

She would still be a "Marth clone" but at least visually its more believable that she's her "own character" instead of being lazy and changing some properties to the moveset but keeping the same animations.[/QUOTE]

There's a few problems

1) She's just straight up based on Marth, both in Smash and in FE:A. There's no getting around it. She is a giant Marth reference. She goes by the name Marth. Her fighting style is based on Marth since she needed to learn from somewhere. She is literally a descendant of Marth. The character was IS going "We're going to make this person exactly like Marth."

2) She wouldn't exist in Smash if Marth weren't already there to be the foundation.

This sort of creates an issue if you don't want Lucina to be a clone: do you make a moveset and movement style wholly for someone who is already based on an existing character or do you use that time to make someone new and bring in a fan-favorite who, by her very source material, is almost identical to Marth.

He's kinda gone back and forth. Early in interviews regarding Smash 4 he'd stress quality over quantity, balancing concerns with high roster counts, and the idea that he wasn't going to go much higher, if at all, than Brawl's roster count.

But now we have Lucina and we are very obviously going past Brawl's count. At the same time the expectations have to be tempered because apparently before Brawl came out people were so certain it was going to be more than 35 and then 35 it was.

And I'm actually on the exact same page as you as far as roster count! I don't even want DLC characters, just relegate that to costumes or cosmetic junk. I'd rather lose Isaac.

Honestly i always expected at least that it was going to be higher than brawls roster despite sakurai's comments but i really cant see 52+ i dont mind dlc but i would like them to be sparing and bring something unique

and while i am super excited for lucina i do hope she remains the only "clone new comer" (since i also loved toon link) that is introduced in smash 4 since i really do enjoy the unique the rest of the roster brings to their movesets

[QUOTE="D";121093141]Animation-wise we haven't seen anything.

Posts below make sense though. If Sakurai could have been bothered to make new animations for her then it would make sense to just go ahead and give her a new moveset. Didn't think about that myself before I posted my idea about her getting her own animations. Its nearly 3AM here and my brain is on auto-pilot[/QUOTE]

well her taunts have been different to be fair and as shocking has said she is basically marth i do hope however there are some nods to chrom's sword play as well and her fs is different please dont let it be critical hit lol)

laoni

What do Lucina's eye and Chrom's ass have in common????

Here's an explaination

That mark is the Mark of Naga, it indicates that that person is from the royal family (Descendants of Marth). All but one of the royal family in the game have the mark.

Emmeryn - Forehead
Lissa - Doesn't have it
Chrom - His shoulder
Lucina - Her eye
Owain - Unknown, but does have it

And I believe in the Japanese version, Lucina's sibling is stated to have it in her/his other eye, opposite to Lucina

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Exalted Falchion

I agree. It will be weird having just one character that is almost exactly identical to another. Still, I bet that Lucina was among the last characters that they planned to include, and I doubt that she impeded the development of a character that ended up not making the roster.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Apparently, women are biologically programmed to add useless flourishes to their swordplay.

Lol well hey, gotta have something to stand out from the fellas. Hard hitting and aggressively explosive movements doesn't necessarily fit the mold of a petite Rapier-type wielding young lady.

If she were a Brawler type then it would be different.

Safe to think that all the characters we know of at this moment will be unlocked from the start? (Seems likely if they are indeed saving the unlockables for post launch). Maybe Mega Man and Pac Man are unlockable but everyone else is probably in from the start, right?

zeromcd73

There'll be a direct before then. Japanese only magazines are not how they're going to reveal so much for a game so internationally popular.

Plus I doubt it'll actually be the entire roster, just the starting one.

Not if it gets leaked super early like Corocoro always does.

Glass Rebel

Safe to think that all the characters we know of at this moment will be unlocked from the start? (Seems likely if they are indeed saving the unlockables for post launch). Maybe Mega Man and Pac Man are unlockable but everyone else is probably in from the start, right?

Not necessarily. Many of the unlockable characters in Brawl were announced beforehand.

So I guess that if Coro Coro really is revealing the full roster they will go about it in the same way Pokemon does, release a trailer with the Coro Coro stuff right when the magazine comes out. Gonna be weird to know some new characters without having a trailer for them for a bit...

GamerSoul

[QUOTE="D";121093339]Lol well hey, gotta have something to stand out from the fellas. Hard hitting and aggressively explosive movements doesn't necessarily fit the mold of a petite Rapier-type wielding young lady.

If she were a Brawler type then it would be different.[/QUOTE]

Lucina is actually pretty damn fierce like the trailer.She takes after Chrom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom