• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII Versus outfit designer lists game as Final Fantasy XV (15)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Narolf

Banned
Read my post again. It has nothing to do with when Versus was revealed but the expectations of the mainline entries. Going full ARPG would be a very disappointing shift for many people.

Completely concurring. XIII's system was simple enough as it was and Versus' seems like even worse, watching that last trailer.

Whompa

Read my post again. It has nothing to do with when Versus was revealed but the expectations of the mainline entries. Going full ARPG would be a very disappointing shift for many people.

I think a lot of people are looking forward to a change in the concept and are becoming tired of the same old RPG formula. But I guess both sides have spoken, so no sense arguing what "many people" think. At the end of the day, nobody knows, but I know where I'd place my bets...I think even gametrailers released a list of games that should evolve more and vaguely remember FF being on that list...whatever tho.

I think a lot of people are looking forward to a change in the concept and are becoming tired of the same old RPG formula. But I guess both sides have spoken, so no sense arguing what "many people" think. At the end of the day, nobody knows, but I know where I'd place my bets...

But that's the thing, a change in the concept doesn't have to entail a full on genre shift. Besides, it's not like what we've seen of Versus does anything super innovative mechanically. It's just a more refined Kingdom Hearts. That's not a bad thing, but neither is a refined turn-based/command-based battle system.

Shinta

Banned

People are more into action RPGs now than ever before. Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Skyrim, Dark Souls, Witcher, Dragon's Dogma and on and on.

The only people that would be upset about Final Fantasy trying something new are extremely pessimistic purists that are upset no matter what they do. FF has always been about complete reinvention.

Personally, I think they maxed out command based RPGs with XI, XII and XIII. What else can they really do? They took it to the limits of complexity with XI, and then tried to make it playable single player in XII. Then XIII took it to the limits of how far a command based game can go towards action.

There's really not a whole lot left for them to do with it. I can't wait until they go action personally.

1363408010-30jpnib.gif

Didn't even know there was gameplay of this.

Anth0ny

I always thought "Because of a totally unrelated reason, there are circumstances in which that info cannot be released" meant they were moving the game over to next gen.

Now lets hope it actually comes out sometime in the near future. It won't be PS4 launch, no way they'll put out Lightning Returns, XIV 2.0 and XV/Versus in the same year.

It still feels weird thinking that this game was announced just as I finished college, and it still isn't out. I remember showing my friend the original trailer on my modded Xbox running on XBMC, back when we still all owned SDTV CRTs.

Fuck. I feel old.

Krev

Unconfirmed Member
Man, who really cares about this anymore? Just release it as Versus 13 since everyone knows what that is already. Making it 15 is desperate.
Not desperate, sensible. It's a good idea to separate this game from the rapidly deteriorating XIII brand.

Square Enix, don't let me down. March Wada out on stage at E3 during Sony's press conference. Have him say he has a big announcement to share with Final Fantasy fans.

The number 13 appears, and the anticipation in the audience, in the stream, on GAF ... is too much to handle.

Then three words appear before it.

But it's not Final Fantasy Versus.

Tokyo Game Show fades in before the 13, along with the rest of the number.

Tokyo Game Show 2013.

"Please look forward to a special announcement regarding the future of the Final Fantasy series at TGS this fall! Thank you!

Then Nomura walks out on stage and taps Wada's shoulder.

"One more piece of news you've been waiting for."

Dearly Beloved plays.

"Kingdom Hearts HD Remix 1.5 will be coming to North America on October 2nd, 2013! Please look forward to it".

Stark

Banned
Square Enix, don't let me down. March Wada out on stage at E3 during Sony's press conference. Have him say he has a big announcement to share with Final Fantasy fans.

The number 13 appears, and the anticipation in the audience, in the stream, on GAF ... is too much to handle.

Tokyo Game Show 2013.

"Please look forward to a special announcement regarding the future of the Final Fantasy series at TGS this fall! Thank you!

Dearly Beloved plays.

"Kingdom Hearts HD Remix 1.5 will be coming to North America on October 2nd, 2013! Please look forward to it".

Sad that its come to these kinds of expectations in regards to announcements. Joke or not.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Tokyo Game Show 2013.

Dearly Beloved plays.

That would almost be better than Versus XIII.

Zeal

Banned
It's almost time for the dream to awaken, bitches. I never backed down from my initial private info given to mods. Vindication coming so bad.

But what is the best part of all of this? Gamefaqs rumors and community proven irrefutably to be 100% horseshit posts...as always expected.

well.. i am almost 99% sure that the Final Fantasy game annoucment we will see @ E3 this year is Final Fantasy Versus turning to Final Fantasy 15.

however i am no longer sure if its still a PS4 exclusive.

Narolf

Banned
It still feels weird thinking that this game was announced just as I finished college, and it still isn't out. I remember showing my friend the original trailer on my modded Xbox running on XBMC, back when we still all owned SDTV CRTs.

Fuck. I feel old.

I remember when the 2011 trailer came out... I was 19 back then, and living in a dorm. Hopefully we had to work on computers at the time the conference was unfolding, so I was able to follow it real-time here. Went as far as coming back home once the day's courses were over in order to watch the trailer all over again and to play Prologus, even though it was forbidden to leave the dorm in the middle of the week.

Exentryk

But what is the best part of all of this? Gamefaqs rumors and community proven irrefutably to be 100% horseshit posts...as always expected.

No, it doesn't. No need to generalise for one person's (psxphreak's) posts. Aryllies's posts are still to be proven wrong. In fact, Aryllies actually backed you on the "something went wrong" at PS4 presentation statement.

Soriku

It's almost time for the dream to awaken, bitches. I never backed down from my initial private info given to mods. Vindication coming so bad.

Can you give a timeframe for this "vindication"?

Wasn't psxhpreak Aryllies' multi tho?

No as their posts contradicted each other's.

Narolf

Banned
No, it doesn't. No need to generalise for one person's (psxphreak's) posts. Aryllies's posts are still to be proven wrong. In fact, Aryllies actually backed you on the "something went wrong" at PS4 presentation statement.
Isn't psxhpreak Aryllies' multi tho?

RaijinFY

If they call it FFXV, they better hope the game will deliver. After the horrendous XIII and the chaotic development of FFXIV if this one disappoints again...

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Well, if it ends up being next-gen only, I'd find that pretty funny. All the more reason you never buy a console for a game that isn't out yet. Even if next-gen exclusive means I probably won't play it, the inevitable tears would probably be worth it. Doubly so if it ends up multiplat (the XIII to 360 announcement was entertaining as hell, as I'm sure many people remember).

Narolf

Banned
Well, if it ends up being next-gen only, I'd find that pretty funny. All the more reason you never buy a console for a game that isn't out yet. Even if next-gen exclusive means I probably won't play it, the inevitable tears would probably be worth it. Doubly so if it ends up multiplat (the XIII to 360 announcement was entertaining as hell, as I'm sure many people remember).

This is all what he said.
Bet my account Versus is also PS4.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I hope it's next gen, preferably PS4. I want maximum prettiness.

Narolf

Banned
This would be the deciding factor. Aryllies doesn't think the game is on the PS4. I feel the same too.
She doesn't dismiss either possibilities, she only dismissed the reliability of that guy so it's all about her being in the middle; no gross plz.

Shinta

Banned

I honestly don't know what you'll be vindicated on. You said mostly general stuff that we kind of already knew as far as I saw. Then said it would be at the Sony event, and I believe it that it's possible they changed it last minute.

But yeah, if all the claims are private, that's not much to vindicate.

Zeal

Banned
Test post. About to post info.

OK there we go. Sorry Im on a phone and I thought the thread was locked for some odd reason. Anyway, I can reveal the following info and Im doing it in public now.

I am being told game is NOT being called FF15. Yes it is PS4 exclusive. The budget has surpassed 120 million at this point and Square is not allowing anymore funding. Game will have massive unveiling before E3 with cryptic marketing blitz to follow. Talk of ARG starting soon. Various vehicles for characters that can upgraded and altered for battle. Very dark and mature themes. Themes or betrayal, retribution, and sacrifice for the greater good, with many gray areas and the journey to understand the ramifications of good and evil as philosophical concepts. Is thethe biggest, most ambitious FF of all time with very the mature themes such as forced conception and specifically attacks world religions in a metaphorical sense.

Will have more info soon. Account ban bet on all info above. See you soon.

Apologize for terrible grammar and formatting. Phone posts are impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom