• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Stranger Things Season 1 DVD/BluRay combo pack - Target Exclusive?

Local target didn't even have it on the shelf yet at 1pm. They had to open the box to get me a copy. At first I was worried that they sold out. Phew.

geomon

Just picked up my copy. It's so beautiful.

RAcgc3V.jpg

edit: Sorry for the super huge image, was on mobile.

Any word on special features?

Trying to find out, but there are unstoppable trailers so far. Like, can't even fast forward either.

EDIT: Zero special features. Disc 1 has two unskippable trailers. One for Stranger Things season 2, and the other for Defenders. So about 5-6 minutes before you can do anything, which is complete bullshit.
Disc 2 has no previews, so loads quickly at least. Disc 1 did ask if I wanted to resume when I put it back in, but if you say "no" it goes right back to the trailers and you wait again. So basically resume, then hit the menu button to save time.

Sound is Dolby True HD, so that is a nice upgrade over streaming. But man, the trailers are a shitshow.
And while the packaging looks awesome, it is rather flimsy and cheap feeling. The discs are on a small cardboard tray you pull out when you open it with foam stoppers.

Trying to find out, but there are unstoppable trailers so far. Like, can't even fast forward either.

EDIT: Zero special features. Disc 1 has two unskippable trailers. One for Stranger Things season 2, and the other for Defenders. So about 5-6 minutes before you can do anything, which is complete bullshit.
Disc 2 has no previews, so loads quickly at least. Disc 1 did ask if I wanted to resume when I put it back in, but if you say "no" it goes right back to the trailers and you wait again. So basically resume, then hit the menu button to save time.

Sound is Dolby True HD, so that is a nice upgrade over streaming. But man, the trailers are a shitshow.
And while the packaging looks awesome, it is rather flimsy and cheap feeling. The discs are on a small cardboard tray you pull out when you open it with foam stoppers.

Yea isn't the best but I love this packaging. And fk off Netflix, w/ the trailers.

That unskippable Season 2 trailer BEFORE S1 is unforgivable. We were watching it with someone new to the series and she had to hide out in the kitchen till it was done. WTF Netflix?

Everything else is dope. My guess is that the special features will be in the inevitable complete boxset ala Star Wars.

Top Bottom