• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYC GAF |OT| We get around in a hole in the ground

yencid

if anyone lives in inwood thats basically where i work so im there almost every day.

First place im going to check out of here is going to be Valhallas for sure. Looks amazing.

By the way Mother burger is a really good burger spot thats right across the Blockheads in 50th.

and for a museum addition: museum of the american gangster

Its a small little thing housed in a real speakeasy which is pretty cool. Its only like $10 admission so id definitely join the tour.

I wish this thread was up a week ago. I went to NYC for the first time last week (2nd time in the US) and stayed in Times Square. I can say it's my 2nd favorite city in the world after Tokyo. I love how Manhattan has so many different faces--at times it feels like I'm in a 3rd world country, at other times it feels very trendy or classy. I'm definitely going back and hopefully have more time to explore all the other areas outside Manhattan.

goodcow

My building just got sold, and I'm going to be priced out of the apartment I've been in for 10+ years.

How is 104th and 2nd?

meow

Heeeey I'll be moving to NYC in the fall! I'll keep an eye on this thread :)

No idea where to live yet, lol.

My building just got sold, and I'm going to be priced out of the apartment I've been in for 10+ years.

How is 104th and 2nd?
I don't live there but I checked out a few apartments in the area, and I think it's great. I really liked one on 108th and 1st but my wife said it was too small for when we have our second kid. It was right next to Cafe Ollin, which is one of the best Mexican joints in the city :(

Obviously it depends on what you're looking for in a neighborhood, like stores, parks, attractions, etc.

Subscribed. I'll be moving to NYC next month for grad school. Can't wait to live in a big city again and the food options look amazing. Thanks for the resources, OP.

GiJoccin

How old are you? 29
What is your occupation? pediatrician
What is your ethnicity/ethnic origin? italian/cajun (white)
What part of the city do you reside in? east village
How long have you lived in the city (native, moved here, etc.)? native (brooklyn until college)
What is your living situation like e.g. roommates, family, alone, or with your significant other? significant other
Can you name a spot/place/event in the city that people haven’t checked out but should? RED HOOK!!!!!!!!! fort defiance, valentino park, steve's authentic, hometown BBQ, icebox, so many awesome places in such a small area, and you feel like you're in another world with how quiet it is (tough to get to if you don't have a car, or take the IKEA ferry from the seaport)

I really liked one on 108th and 1st but my wife said it was too small for when we have our second kid. It was right next to Cafe Ollin, which is one of the best Mexican joints in the city :(

i lived on 102nd and 1st, and used to go to cafe ollin as much as possible... so good

Stasis

Making me miss NYC so much. Born and raised but live in Montreal now, which is another great city but just can't compete with New York! From Greenwich Village, and though it's really changed over the last 15 years I still love visiting. Dad recently cashed out and sold his place, moving to Jersey. For over 30 years I've had a home, or home away from home, on 9th street between 5th and 6th. Feels so weird not having that now. Like I'm a tourist almost. I wouldn't move back, though we did entertain the notion. I can't give up the comforts we have for our money up here. Girlfriend absolutely adores going so we do as much as we can.

Lots of good recommendations in OP and updates.

Love the Knickerbocker in the village. Been there a long time, basically unchanged. Live jazz that's usually good. Great food on most items.. tuna steaks, lacquered duck, porterhouse. Desserts too.

Dead Rabbit is a cool bar, if a bit pricey (normal, given its location). Good for the cocktail connoisseur!

Jhoan

My lease is up in a little over a month or so and I need to find a new place to live. Is Craig's list the best place to find a room at a decent price?

I also am having a hard time deciding where I want to live. I love my current neighborhood but since I have to leave the option of mixing it up is appealing. I'm looking at my current area in Brooklyn (on the r), Astoria, upper Manhattan (Washington heights), other areas of Brooklyn (bushwick?). Ive heard good things about all. I'm just not sure if I should stay put or explore a new park of the city
Where's DoktorEvil when I need him? Duder's MIA and knows a lot about moving. There's tons of For Rent plastered on buildings that I walk by up here in Washington Heights.

I have a membership at Planet Fitness (The one on 177th & Broadway), haven't really used it much. I need to get off my ass and just start going. The first step is always the hardest and all that.
That's the one I go to after J's Big Gym abruptly closed last fall. We never heard from the owners again so displaced members either jumped ship to Planet Fitness or a local gym around 231st in The Bronx. The quality of weights and machines doesn't hold a candle to a local gym but c'est la vie. The first week is always the hardest, but then it gets easier after that.

There's a ton of attractive women in that gym that I never saw before. Want to use the Smith Machine? Expect a 20-40 minute because someone is always using it; I've never found it vacant for a long period of time and if it is, it gets taken in less than 20 seconds.

Heeeey I'll be moving to NYC in the fall! I'll keep an eye on this thread :)

No idea where to live yet, lol.

Subscribed. I'll be moving to NYC next month for grad school. Can't wait to live in a big city again and the food options look amazing. Thanks for the resources, OP.
To the both of you I say welcome. Hopefully we'll see you guys in a GAF meet up in the future. If you guys have any questions, feel free to ask.

Making me miss NYC so much. Born and raised but live in Montreal now, which is another great city but just can't compete with New York! From Greenwich Village, and though it's really changed over the last 15 years I still love visiting. Dad recently cashed out and sold his place, moving to Jersey. For over 30 years I've had a home, or home away from home, on 9th street between 5th and 6th. Feels so weird not having that now. Like I'm a tourist almost. I wouldn't move back, though we did entertain the notion. I can't give up the comforts we have for our money up here. Girlfriend absolutely adores going so we do as much as we can.

Lots of good recommendations in OP and updates.

Love the Knickerbocker in the village. Been there a long time, basically unchanged. Live jazz that's usually good. Great food on most items.. tuna steaks, lacquered duck, porterhouse. Desserts too.

Dead Rabbit is a cool bar, if a bit pricey (normal, given its location). Good for the cocktail connoisseur!
Added the suggestions to the OP. I've always wanted to go to Montreal since I've heard so many great things about it either from friends, seen pictures, and seen it on travel shows. The game development scene up there is pretty prestigious. Some day I will.

What initially started as a grey day turned into a pretty good day. The fireworks show is probably going to be good tonight but I imagine it's going to be pretty damn crowded. It looks like I'll be staying put, hang out on the fire escape, and watch the fireworks that get launched from the Jersey side of the GWB. Happy 4th of July folks!

Jhoan

So I found a few articles of interest that might be worth a salt of discussion.

DNA Info found that Harlem received the most 311 complaints for illegal fireworks this year as opposed to Inwood last year:

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...place-for-most-illegal-fireworks-this-weekend

Excerpt:
The ZIP code 10026, which covers parts of West and Central Harlem, had four complaints from July 1-4. Two of the complaints were one block apart, on West 115th Street.

Forgot to add this to the OP but Highbridge Park just opened last month and got a public art exhibition installed until November 8th called "Oh Sit!" which I need to check out:

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...-park-exhibit-explores-art-of-taking-load-off
Excerpt:
For the exhibit, nine artists reflected on the idea of sitting or using a chair.

“In a frantic world, finding a chair can be almost impossible and settling comfortably into one can be an enormous satisfaction,” read the exhibit’s description. “Sitting in the wrong seat can cause anxiety and an even pain.”
Good photo opportunity? Good photo opportunity.

And last but not least, Brooklyn houses the world's oldest woman at 116 years old:

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...oklyn-woman-named-worlds-oldest-living-person

A few excerpts:

Jones, of East New York, was born on July 6, 1899 — the same year voting machines were first approved by Congress and Queens and Staten Island joined New York City.

Guinness World Records representatives awarded Jones with an official certificate on Friday. She also holds the title of “World’s Oldest Living Female.”

The centenarian was born in Alabama and moved to New York City in 1923, working as a housekeeper and childcare provider.

Her secret to a long life? Plenty of sleep, she told Guinness World Records.

So the secret to living long is getting lots of sleep? BRB, gonna go take a nap.

And the OP is up to date with suggestions.Gotta love the weekend-after-a-holiday Monday grind.

hoggert

DNA Info found that Harlem received the most 311 complaints for illegal fireworks this year as opposed to Inwood last year:

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...place-for-most-illegal-fireworks-this-weekend

Excerpt:

It was very romantic watching all the illegal fireworks go off with the gf, but slightly worrisome as 90% of them were in riverside park. Some dude had actual fireworks, i'm talking like legit carnival fireworks, near the playing fields and while we were watching the fireworks across the river in jersey suddenly we had a giant pink and white explosion. It went off and five minutes later roaring sirens lol. Might have been a legitimate fireworks display and the cops a coincidence but it was nuts seeing fireworks so close while we were twelve stories up.

Jhoan

It was very romantic watching all the illegal fireworks go off with the gf, but slightly worrisome as 90% of them were in riverside park. Some dude had actual fireworks, i'm talking like legit carnival fireworks, near the playing fields and while we were watching the fireworks across the river in jersey suddenly we had a giant pink and white explosion. It went off and five minutes later roaring sirens lol. Might have been a legitimate fireworks display and the cops a coincidence but it was nuts seeing fireworks so close while we were twelve stories up.
Holy crap! That's crazy! I saw a ton of people going to Riverside Park from my window and heard booming explosions off in the distance that presumably came from there. Every time the thugs from my blocks lit up fireworks, people passing by to and from the park would cheer and take pictures.

I'll forever be in the OP in any NYC thread because of that gif.
We love you too man. You're a fable among legends at this point because like the Chupacabra, people still speak of you in passing. I heard that you're that you still somewhere out in the city playing board games and tending bars these days. Don't be a stranger.

I heard some complaints that there wasn't enough The Bronx representation in the OP in this thread so I added in some places that I saw people recommend in this thread.

However, this means that I've pretty much hit the character limit for the second post with all the lovely places, museums, and what not. So the third post I reserved, I will use it as a continuation of places recommended by folks but keep the social media section. I'm hoping to keep this thread active in the long run so please do subscribe to it if you don't already.

Lulubop

Date ideas in the city for tomorrow night that don't involve eating, drinking or like going to an actually movie theater?

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
How old are you? 33
What is your occupation? Artist
What is your ethnicity/ethnic origin? Black/ Haitian 'Murcan
What part of the city do you reside in? Brooklyn Zoo
How long have you lived in the city (native, moved here, etc.)? Native
If you moved to the city, where are you originally from? .. childhood in Haiti
What is your living situation like e.g. roommates, family, alone, or with your significant other? family
Can you name a spot/place/event in the city that people haven’t checked out but should? cant think right now
Anything else that's on your mind? Money

Lulubop

I suggested a park but even I sorta wasn't feeling it. Yea those suggestions are def out there for second date. I think we've settled on checking out dope though.

How old are you? 25
What is your occupation? Graphic Designer
What is your ethnicity/ethnic origin? White, with roots in French-Jewish/German
What part of the city do you reside in? Just moved right around the corner from the last stop on the L, lmfao
How long have you lived in the city (native, moved here, etc.)? Second time moving here, took me two years of running around the world realizing I couldn't live anywhere else.
If you moved to the city, where are you originally from? Washington State (lol)
What is your living situation like e.g. roommates, family, alone, or with your significant other? Renting a room from a single mom, not too shabby.
Can you name a spot/place/event in the city that people haven’t checked out but should? John's Diner up in Clinton Hill, most New York ass New York breakfast diner experience.
Anything else that's on your mind? why am I hearing other people's music on the subway

hoggert

Anyone noticing a hell of a lot less street fundraisers this summer? Past couple of summers, I got used to running into them three or four times a day, but this year I've only seen them around a grand total of two times the past four months. Not that I don't mind given how aggressive they can be. Google search didn't show show any new laws or changes to existing ones.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Anyone noticing a hell of a lot less street fundraisers this summer? Past couple of summers, I got used to running into them three or four times a day, but this year I've only seen them around a grand total of two times the past four months. Not that I don't mind given how aggressive they can be. Google search didn't show show any new laws or changes to existing ones.

where? i live near union square and i see those greenpeace dumdums like every day

leave me aloooooone

hoggert

where? i live near union square and i see those greenpeace dumdums like every day

leave me aloooooone
Morningside and midtown east. Dudes could be insanely aggressive/desperate near Columbia/Bank street so maybe hassling all the old College profs and yuppie families wasn't meeting margins or whatever.

diffusionx

Gold Member

No, I notice much more now.

How old are you? Late 20s
What is your occupation? Work in finance in a misunderstood sector that does more good than bad, but most refuse to believe it
What is your ethnicity/ethnic origin? White
What part of the city do you reside in? Greenwich Village
How long have you lived in the city (native, moved here, etc.)? 4 years
If you moved to the city, where are you originally from? Maryland
What is your living situation like e.g. roommates, family, alone, or with your significant other? Share a 1BR with my fiance and dog
Can you name a spot/place/event in the city that people haven’t checked out but should? Smorgasburg
Anything else that's on your mind? Can we please get fans or AC in the subway stations...

entremet

I think I might buy a place. I'm sick of the rent hikes, and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

Probably a studio in the outer boroughs somewhere.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
How old are you? 30
What is your occupation? corporate senior developer 9-5. co-founder & CTO of a start up 5-forever.
What is your ethnicity/ethnic origin? Brown
What part of the city do you reside in? LES
How long have you lived in the city (native, moved here, etc.)? 12 years
What is your living situation like e.g. roommates, family, alone, or with your significant other? Share a 1BR with my wife and dog
Can you name a spot/place/event in the city that people haven’t checked out but should? the Hendrick's Gin events
Anything else that's on your mind? I miss driving fast cars.

Morningside and midtown east. Dudes could be insanely aggressive/desperate near Columbia/Bank street so maybe hassling all the old College profs and yuppie families wasn't meeting margins or whatever.

I live generally nearby and when they accost me, I ask them if my donations will be used to repair the Nazca lines. That usually shuts them up quickly.

oh man, they are just the worst.

I think I might buy a place. I'm sick of the rent hikes, and I'm not going anywhere anytime soon.

Probably a studio in the outer boroughs somewhere.

godspeed homie. i'm maybe 3-4 years away from going to Queens, buying some property and work on my progeny.

Only a second date. She doesn't drink and is a Vegan. I'm not big on movie dates unless it's some park screening thing. I'll looking into the suggestions
Don't complain, it's better that she doesn't drink. Every time I go out with my girlfriend she drinks, she doesn't drink a lot, but it gets expensive.

Oxn

You know how any decent person would understand that you always let people out of the subway before entering?

Well I hate when people dont follow this rule, so when one guy decided to squeeze his way in while Im trying to exit, I shoulder checked him into the side of the door. So he turned around, pointed at me and started saying stuff, but I had my earplugs in so I didnt hear what he said.

I know some of you may not like my approach, but when you ride the subway everyday, that sh** becomes unbearable.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You know how any decent person would understand that you always let people out of the subway before entering?

Well I hate when people dont follow this rule, so when one guy decided to squeeze his way in while Im trying to exit, I shoulder checked him into the side of the door. So he turned around, pointed at me and started saying stuff, but I had my earplugs in so I didnt hear what he said.

I know some of you may not like my approach, but when you ride the subway everyday, that sh** becomes unbearable.

Fuck him.

Peltz

How old are you? 28
What is your occupation? Attorney
What is your ethnicity/ethnic origin? White dude
What part of the city do you reside in? Upper East Side
How long have you lived in the city (native, moved here, etc.)? 10 years
If you moved to the city, where are you originally from? Long Island
What is your living situation like e.g. roommates, family, alone, or with your significant other? Alone
Can you name a spot/place/event in the city that people haven’t checked out but should? Smalls has some amazing avant garde jazz music from some of the best artists. It's a cool spot. Also check out the Jazz Gallery, Bar Next Door, 55 Bar, and Fat Cat among others for some great music.
Anything else that's on your mind? I've never met another Gaffer before. What am I in for?

hoggert

So, ironically, I passed a Greenpeace fundraiser on the street this evening. She was pretty polite though.

dude, totally justified. the fact he talked shit like that is insane. people do that shit in times square TIMES FUCKING SQUARE and then get angry when they get stampeded by the 40 plus people streaming out of the car, it's insane.

kyleokok

Neo Member
How old are you? 23.
What is your occupation? Fraud Investigation & Dispute Services for a Big 4 Accounting Firm.
What is your ethnicity/ethnic origin? Caucasian (Italian, Irish, Polish).
What part of the city do you reside in? Upper East Side, with 86th Street being my closest subway stop.
How long have you lived in the city (native, moved here, etc.)? I moved here 6 years ago for college, dormed for 2 years and I've been in the same place on the UES for the last 4.
If you moved to the city, where are you originally from? "Lawng Awyland."
What is your living situation like e.g. roommates, family, alone, or with your significant other? Currently living with one roommate until my girlfriend can earn enough to start contributing toward a place.
Can you name a spot/place/event in the city that people haven’t checked out but should? Hm, I feel like the Upper East Side as a whole is completely under-represented. It houses every type of cuisine and drinking ambiance imaginable, proximity to Central Park and Carl Schurz Park is a big plus, and I have access to some of my favorite shopping spots (Whole Foods, Best Buy, Barnes and Noble).
Anything else that's on your mind? I just find it hard to believe that I've been here 6 years and I've yet to find a similarly business-minded New Yorker to game with...
Also, I went to the Blue & White Scrimmage at the Barclays last night, and I'm so excited to have the Islanders games within my reach starting next season.

It's proper etiquette to let people off first before you get on, if that fool doesn't know that then fuck him. I personally hate it when people just stand there and gawk in front of subway entrances.

Haly

You get that a lot this time of year right? Tourist season and all. Just people who don't know the unspoken rules and practices for making everyone's days go smoothly.

You get that a lot this time of year right? Tourist season and all. Just people who don't know the unspoken rules and practices for making everyone's days go smoothly.
Yeah definitely tourists and just unsuspecting people not realizing that they take up space. The one thing that really annoys me are these broad shouldered fools going up and downstairs that don't even try to make room for the other person.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Leaving for NYC tomorrow! And I'd like some advice from NYC GAF, if you would be so kind.

So 2 friends and myself keaving tomorrow (the 10th) from Montreal, and leaving on the 14th (Tuesday).

We want to attend a bunch of kendo practices (it's a kendo trip basically -- for those who don't know, kendo is a martial arts, a type of Japanese fencing). The other two girls will be driving, but they don't want to drive in NYC proper, because apparently it's Hell on Earth. Totally understandable. Also, our trip wasn't planned immensely in advance so finding a place to stay in NYC that was affordable was difficult on such short notice.

So, we decided to get an AirBnB in Jersey City, and to get around via transit as much as possible. According to the host I picked, it's very close to the transit leading into Manhattan. I'm guessing that's a train of sorts? Not familiar with the transit system at all.

Now, it's a kendo trip, but I've never been to NYC before, so also want to sneak in as much "tourism" as I can. My main dilemma is how we'll handle our equipment. On Saturday and Sunday afternoon, we have a kendo practice. So that gives us the morning free to visit. But, well, kendo gear is heavy and cumbersome and we don't want to carry it around while we visit stuff.
But, we also don't want to commute from Jersey into NYC, visit, then go back to Jersey to pick up our stuff, then go back to NYC. That's just way too time consuming and not practical.

Two options come to mind:
- Driving from Jersey to NYC but finding a daily parking and stashing our stuff there. According to a friend of mine who said he visited NYC a few times (but he lives in CT), however, that's not really feasible. He said it can cost $40-$100, which is insane. Is he right about that? :\
- We thought there could be rentable lockers in some train stations or whatnot. But I don't know how it works, if it does. How much would it cost? Would they even be large enough to accommodate our equipment?

It's also possible that we could simply go to the training places (there's two different ones, both in Manhattan) well in advance and drop our stuff there, but I have no idea what these facilities are like, if they'll even be open early, if they have lockers, if their lockers are roomy enough, etc. I've sent inquiries but in case that doesn't work, any advice with regards to the above options (or anything you might think of)?

Thanks!

jasonng

Two options come to mind:
- Driving from Jersey to NYC but finding a daily parking and stashing our stuff there. According to a friend of mine who said he visited NYC a few times (but he lives in CT), however, that's not really feasible. He said it can cost $40-$100, which is insane. Is he right about that? :\
- We thought there could be rentable lockers in some train stations or whatnot. But I don't know how it works, if it does. How much would it cost? Would they even be large enough to accommodate our equipment?

It's also possible that we could simply go to the training places (there's two different ones, both in Manhattan) well in advance and drop our stuff there, but I have no idea what these facilities are like, if they'll even be open early, if they have lockers, if their lockers are roomy enough, etc. I've sent inquiries but in case that doesn't work, any advice with regards to the above options (or anything you might think of)?

Look up luggage storage. I've never used such a service so I can't personally recommend which but I'm sure there are a few. Train stations do not have any lockers whatsoever. Ultimately your best bet is to store your equipment at the dojo if you can.

Enjoy your trip here!

Haly

So, we decided to get an AirBnB in Jersey City, and to get around via transit as much as possible. According to the host I picked, it's very close to the transit leading into Manhattan. I'm guessing that's a train of sorts? Not familiar with the transit system at all.
That would be the PATH train that takes you from Jersey City to the World Trade Center. Just make sure you're heading the right way and not going deeper into Jersey.

Yes and no. Some parking places around NYC offer "Early Bird Specials" which can go down to $15-$30 for all day parking provided you get there during the morning (6AM-10AM).

What your friend was thinking of is what happens if you park using an hourly rate.

(As with jasonng, I haven't personally used these places so I can't recommend a specific garage or chain of garages.)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
All right, thanks for the advice. :)

Anyone going at this event?
http://www.amnh.org/calendar/breakfast-at-pluto

Considering it. We're leaving on the 14th, but this is really early so I could sneak in that visit before we leave... downside: it's really really early and I don't know if I can convince my friends to go with me (might have to commute by myself and then go back to the AirBnB lol). Plus side: Neil deGrasse Tyson and Pluto mission!

Jhoan

Anything else that's on your mind? Can we please get fans or AC in the subway stations...

Yeah buddy about that, don't expect to ever see it in our lifetimes since it'll take another hundred years to fully modernize the MTA. Your best bet is to carry around a fan or a portable, battery powered fan. Meanwhile the MTA will put on their sunglasses and continue to tell everyone else to deal with it.

Can you name a spot/place/event in the city that people haven’t checked out but should? Smalls has some amazing avant garde jazz music from some of the best artists. It's a cool spot. Also check out the Jazz Gallery, Bar Next Door, 55 Bar, and Fat Cat among others for some great music.
Anything else that's on your mind? I've never met another Gaffer before. What am I in for?
Fat Cat is a fantastic place that a GAF meet up took place there and I already have it listed in the OP. Last time I was there was on a date several months ago and it was still as cool as ever if a tad bit too loud to have a conversation. The Marriott Hotel food court on 54th and the corner of Broadway currently has free live jazz on Tuesdays from 7PM-10PM. I know this because I meet there with my boss at 4PM. It's a nice place for a date/to meet up with people and relax at. Plus they usually have free cookies and water in the lounge around 4:30PM.

As for what it's like meeting another GAF member? Think of it like clicking with a bunch of strangers you hit off with at a party that you guys swap stories, down some beers together, and decide to go to a bar to play some pool.

It's not as awkward as you think it is since it's basically GAF in real life complete with people talking about GAF threads, posting in threads, and shooting the breeze. I'm pretty sure you'll have a jolly good time. I promise we don't bite and if you get drunk, you'll have a few peeps supporting you or giving you water to sober up.

Are you working on a gritty reboot of Ghost Writer?
tumblr_n1wlb3rwSq1smcbm7o1_500.gif

That show probably hasn't aged very well at all and must be hilariously cheesy to watch today what with message boards and social media existing. I only remember the episode with that sentient doll and the purple slime and I think one other episode where a would be thief tries to rob a store. Also the Hispanic siblings.

^^^I haven't been to the Museum of Natural History in almost a year so that's news to me! I was there on a date last year but it wasn't a very good experience especially since I'm more of an art museum kind of guy and the girl was rushing through stuff. I was shocked by how many areas were named after the Koch brothers (there's a Koch Plaza at The Met) which disgusted me. I live about 15 minutes away from the museum via subway. Neil Degrasse Tyson had a gargantuan snake of a line at New York Comic Con two years ago that it was a nightmare to manage what with so many people eager to meet him (it was a free autographing signing of his book).

7AM though? Not much of an early morning person so I'll probably end up skipping it. Do have fun though! One thing to keep in mind about going to that museum is that it's suggested donation so you pay whatever you want not $20 since only tourists fall for that. You can waltz on over to Central Park when you come out.

Quick anecdote about the AMNH: I saw Ben Stiller walking in my direction to shoot the last Night In a Museum movie that came out. A bunch of teenage girls were swarming all over him and swooning. We nodded at each other in acknowledgement and kept on walking in our respective directions.

Top Bottom