• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch accessories (Hori/Officially licensed by Nintendo)

Neonep

Nintendrones don't care about Tekken. Stop shovelling that shit down our throats Namco.

It won't have the success of Street Fighter 3DS and I'm pretty sure we'd rather have a new Soul Calibur game/port.

Am I right friends?

Nope. The timing aludes to Tekken 7. Guarantee we won't see a new Soul Calibur at this event. That's an E3 or TGS main stage announcement. Wouldn't be surprised if we saw something new from MVC:I either if the game is still planned to come out in 2017.

HotHamBoy

I don't really care for Tekken which is why it being a timed exclusive would be the most entertaining result.

Spite is not an admirable quality.

It would never happen, though. Evo is important for visibility.

Nintendrones don't care about Tekken. Stop shovelling that shit down our throats Namco.

It won't have the success of Street Fighter 3DS and I'm pretty sure we'd rather have a new Soul Calibur game/port.

Am I right friends?

I don't understand this post. Since when did Nintendo fans decide they don't like Tekken? Since when was more third party support a bad thing?

We all want to see more Soul Calibur, but it has only ever been popular in the West and the last entry didn't perform well. Tekken is huge is Japan, though, and Nintendo has always catered to the Japanese.

Vinnk

I agree that it's not a big issue.

I live in a country with about 100,000 people. There is no Amazon, no Apple. Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft...none of them have any presence here. Thinking about it, I can maybe think of 3 places that MAY sell LAN adapters but even then it's by no means a guarantee.

But like I said, I can still order via Amazon to a freight forwarder in the US and get it shipped here. We have to do this for a lot of stuff as it's either too expensive to buy locally or it's simply just not sold here (and even then, importing most things is extremely expensive too! Thank God for digital games!)

So I'm not sure about the other guy's situation, but it's not completely alien to me. My biggest concern right now is making sure I can secure an Amazon pre-order for the Switch or else I'm out of luck!

EDIT: I should probably point out that Amazon is a godsend as the vast majority of online retailers don't accept international cards. Thankfully Amazon does.

Thank you so much for your answer. I still hold that it will not effect a sizable percentage of the population (including you if you can get Amazon) but it was good to hear another perspective and I am grateful that you shared it.

Speely

Banned
Can we expect Injustice 2 for Switch?

When considering potential and history, sure. No reason a less visually-intensive version could not be released for the Switch. But it all depends on the environment. If TTK7 and/or MvC:I is/are there at launch, it might seem like a weak investment.

Neoxon

Am I right friends?
You sure you didn't forget "/s" in that post?

Am I right friends?

I have only ever had Nintendo consoles, and Tekken is one of my all-time favorite game series. In fact, Tekken Tag 2 was the first game I bought for my Wii U! I'd love a new Tekken or Soul Calibur or a Street Fighter never released before on a Nintendo console for the Switch. I just want awesome fighting games on the Switch.

Neoxon

I have only ever had Nintendo consoles, and Tekken is one of my all-time favorite game series. In fact, Tekken Tag 2 was the first game I bought for my Wii U! I'd love a new Tekken or Soul Calibur or a Street Fighter never released before on a Nintendo console for the Switch. I just want awesome fighting games on the Switch.
Soul Calibur VI probably won't happen anytime soon, & Street Fighter V is forever locked to PS4 console exclusivity (unless Nintendo pays Sony out the ass for it, which I doubt). But yeah, Tekken 7 is pretty likely.

ksamedi

Was hoping for a fighter at launch. Been a while since ive bought one but the local multiplayer option is just too convenient. Hoping for Tekken or a Capcom vs game.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Did previous consoles work with generic USB-Ethernet adapters? If switch does you can just pick one up from any retailer and use that, if these hori ones are hard to find in your market

Chindogg

Am I right friends?

Tekken 7 is arguably the most polished fighting game I've seen in a while when it comes to presentation so I'm actually really looking forward to it.

Did previous consoles work with generic USB-Ethernet adapters? If switch does you can just pick one up from any retailer and use that, if these hori ones are hard to find in your market

I currently use a cheap £5 for my Wii U. I suffered disconnects when playing Splatoon wirelessly but it plays flawlessly with the adapter.

Malakai

C11w2UBWEAAPXKf.jpg

I can't believe I just scrolled through 17 pages of people going on and on about the ethernet adapter and not one person mentioned this thing at all. Doesn't anyone else find it odd that Hori is selling a charging station for 4 joycons? They seem to think that a lot of people will have multiple Switches at their house if you would need to charge 4 joycons. Either that bodes well for a cheap price as in multiple kids in a family having their own Switch or Nintendo is going to sell them separately like a spare nunchuk. I can't imagine a scenario where you would buy extra of these tiny controllers instead of a pro controller so I think that might be a good indicator of a $199 version of the system.

I'm wondering what is the limit for Joy Cons. Is it 4 Sets(Both right and Left) or is just 4 individual Joy Cons regardless if it is Right and/or Left (i.e. 3 R-Joy Cons and 1 L-Joy Con). I recall the limit of the Wii U being 7 controllers connected by Blu-tooth. I'm wondering it is the same for the Switch. Also, I'm wondering if the blu-tooth in a set of Joy Con cuts off when the Joy Cons are in the Joy Con Grip and I am wondering if there is a blu-tooth receiver in the Joy Con Grip itself. (Assume the Switch have the same limit as the Wii U, then the max number of Joy Con Grips that can be used with one Switch is 7)

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't understand this post. Since when did Nintendo fans decide they don't like Tekken? Since when was more third party support a bad thing?

We all want to see more Soul Calibur, but it has only ever been popular in the West and the last entry didn't perform well. Tekken is huge is Japan, though, and Nintendo has always catered to the Japanese.

There are bi-monthly meetings to discuss what a Nintendo fans tastes should be. It's been decided Tekken is a waste of time and they should give the fans iDOLM@STER 3 instead.

This is the opinion of Nintendo fans by the way, not mine.

I'm wondering what is the limit for Joy Cons. Is it 4 Sets(Both right and Left) or is just 4 individual Joy Cons regardless if it is Right and/or Left (i.e. 3 R-Joy Cons and 1 L-Joy Con). I recall the limit of the Wii U being 7 controllers connected by Blu-tooth. I'm wondering it is the same for the Switch. Also, I'm wondering if the blu-tooth in a set of Joy Con cuts off when the Joy Cons are in the Joy Con Grip and I am wondering if there is a blu-tooth receiver in the Joy Con Grip itself. (Assume the Switch have the same limit as the Wii U, then the max number of Joy Con Grips that can be used with one Switch is 7)

There's no way that they don't allow at least 4 full sets minimum...right?

Shiggy

C11w2UBWEAAPXKf.jpg

I can't believe I just scrolled through 17 pages of people going on and on about the ethernet adapter and not one person mentioned this thing at all. Doesn't anyone else find it odd that Hori is selling a charging station for 4 joycons? They seem to think that a lot of people will have multiple Switches at their house if you would need to charge 4 joycons. Either that bodes well for a cheap price as in multiple kids in a family having their own Switch or Nintendo is going to sell them separately like a spare nunchuk. I can't imagine a scenario where you would buy extra of these tiny controllers instead of a pro controller so I think that might be a good indicator of a $199 version of the system.

Just Dance with a pro controller sounds like great fun.

oti

Banned
C11w2UBWEAAPXKf.jpg

Let me make your imagination explode:

People would rather buy a Joy-Con than a Pro Controller for stuff like Mario Kart.

Whoah.
Maybe they'll sell a pair of Joy-Con separately?

DiGiKerot

There are bi-monthly meetings to discuss what a Nintendo fans tastes should be. It's been decided Tekken is a waste of time and they should give the fans iDOLM@STER 3 instead.

This is the opinion of Nintendo fans by the way, not mine.

Give it Amiibo support and I'm in.

Malakai

There's no way that they don't allow at least 4 full sets minimum...right?

I think the limit for blu-tooth is 7 devices. With the Wii Remote the Nunchuck was wired so it got around the 7 device limitation if a game wanted to have at least 4 or more players. Nintendo may have had implemented a proprietary solution to get around that requirement like Microsoft did with the Xbox One (the XB1 can have up to 8 controllers connected to it). I guess it depends on how the Joy Con actually work with each other. Does Joy Con L connect w/ Joy Con R and Joy Con R connects with the Switch with the information from Joy Con L? So, if you have 4 Sets of Joy Con for 4 players (each individual player gets Joy Con L and Joy Con R), no longer is there 8 devices but only 4 devices connect to the Switch due to the Switch only talking to the Joy Con R. Is something like this possible without added latency?

Top Bottom