• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The iDOLM@STER Community |OT| Are you LADY?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
So simply because it has a P at the end of its name or is 'Shar' some iM@S reference I don't know of.

PantsuJo

Do you think we will see other Im@s games in the west just like Cinderella VR?

Man, I'd kill for a proper translated Im@s west release. :(

Accoun

Well, there was Shiny Festa... kinda.
I know what you mean, although the franchise is in a... rather unsatisfying place game-wise if you ask me.

rpmurphy

Every time Bandai-Namco tries to half-ass an entrance into the West, they do poorly and then proceed to give up and pull out. IM@S already went through this cycle so we're probably stuck here for the foreseeable future.

m0t0k1

You can always play the PSP games which is mostly fan translated except for the mails. Not all routes are translated but the one with Haruka, Yayoi and Makoto is complete.

PantsuJo

You can always play the PSP games which is mostly fan translated except for the mails. Not all routes are translated but the one with Haruka, Yayoi and Makoto is complete.
I should buy a PSP, the games and then use Gamefaqs for routes, I know.

Or should I try to "find" (you know what I mean) translated ISOs? ^^"...

(Please don't ban me to ask this, lol)

DiGiKerot

Stella Stage, huh.

I'm presuming it's going to be a version of Platinum Stars in which they actually remembered to put in the rest of the game.

kagamin

In the words of an acquaintance "I don't think it's reasonably possible for Stella Stage to be worse than Platinum Stars". We'll see if that's true.

DiGiKerot

In the words of an acquaintance "I don't think it's reasonably possible for Stella Stage to be worse than Platinum Stars". We'll see if that's true.

I mean, they had the base of something decent with Platinum Stars, they just forgot to put in any carrot to make any of it feel like it had any point. I'd probably just want it merged with some of the ideas from One for All in terms of progression (in terms of both character stories and the whole skill tree thing), but I guess we'll learn more over the course of the weekend.

Pachael

Well, it's probably easier to go in with low expectations. I didn't think they'd follow up with another title after Platinum Stars this quickly since I thought that team was focusing on Theatre Days with any sequel (?) announced and released late next year.

m0t0k1

Well, it's probably easier to go in with low expectations. I didn't think they'd follow up with another title after Platinum Stars this quickly since I thought that team was focusing on Theatre Days with any sequel (?) announced and released late next year.

It looks like all the assets are there so they don't have to build an engine from scratch. They can put all focus on developing the gameplay and stories. Hope some of those songs for the new 765 cds get into the game.

Accoun

New costume:
aaaaaaaaaaaa.PNG

Rival silhouette;
asdfasdf..PNG

DKFt2xVUEAU-g0o.jpg

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/250748784579969024/359697668466933762/DKFxJ8GUEAEF3QJ.jpg
DKFt2woVoAA20iq.jpg

image.png

image.png

DLC (and a PS4 theme?):
DKFyXCpVYAIzXVJ.jpg

DKFyYt8UEAAdawK.jpg

DKFyiHdUIAAVtEw.jpg

Preorder stuff?
DKFypLAWsAAYkYi.jpg:orig

Also, aside from no Pdrops, no dice minigame either.
PS live system confirmed as well.

Pachael

This does look like Platinum Stars plus a 'coaching' license board (?) and some sort of a story arc with the rival. Even the 'off' mode sounds like a mode where you can commu with the idols off stage, which is good. So... cautiously optimistic?

Also, I had to check, but ToP!!!!!!!!!!!!! really has 13 exclamation marks.

DiGiKerot

This does look like Platinum Stars plus a 'coaching' license board (?) and some sort of a story arc with the rival. Even the 'off' mode sounds like a mode where you can commu with the idols off stage, which is good. So... cautiously optimistic?

Also, I had to check, but ToP!!!!!!!!!!!!! really has 13 exclamation marks.

One for each idol!

Also, yeah, the Coach board is the way that skills and perks are unlocked in this game. How you actually navigate it doesn't look to have been made clear yet, but it's a huge improvement over what they did with Platinum Stars.

rpmurphy

New event for CG, the best sisters Jougasaki! I've been on a long hiatus playing the game since around Junjou Midnight Densetsu and these new lives look amazing.

One for each idol!

Also, yeah, the Coach board is the way that skills and perks are unlocked in this game. How you actually navigate it doesn't look to have been made clear yet, but it's a huge improvement over what they did with Platinum Stars.

Platinum Stars was such a disappointment for me that I'm wondering whether I should even get Stella Stage. I mean, when a mobile game like Cinderella Girls has even more story content than the console release I really think that something is wrong.

m0t0k1

Platinum Stars was such a disappointment for me that I'm wondering whether I should even get Stella Stage. I mean, when a mobile game like Cinderella Girls has even more story content than the console release I really think that something is wrong.

Yeah Platinum Stars was a disappointment. But it feels everything was rushed to release in time for the anniversary. The game looks like an updated PS with its problem fixed. witch is to some fans still not really good. Because it doesn't look like the old games at all. There are way less commus. less idol management decisions, less outfits and modes. And everything is getting locked behind paywalls. I can see why these days the mobile games are more appealing. Wonder how they are going to handle the content for both this and Theatre Days since they have to balance things out now.

For real? MORE INFO, pretty please.

It's going to be everything new. New Art Styles, New Characters, New people in Charge. But that is all that they said. I am kind of interested in a new line. But feels kinda like they lost direction and throw in any idea that they have to make im@s more appealing. This is already the 7th branch. How much mass appeal is a html5 game is going to have?

PantsuJo

It's going to be everything new. New Art Styles, New Characters, New people in Charge. But that is all that they said. I am kind of interested in a new line. But feels kinda like they lost direction and throw in any idea that they have to make im@s more appealing. This is already the 7th branch. How much mass appeal is a html5 game is going to have?
Thanks for the info!

Pachael

Who knows, but they'll keep on trying. I'm liking how omo sees this as 'idols are Gundam', where new productions and units are created with interested partners and they'll bring on their fellow partners and the new unit will sink or swim in the open market like everyone else. (I guess the Gundam equivalent would be if AGE was well loved, L5/Hino/Bandai might have had made a franchise out of it. It didn't make it)

Having dug in to the follow up tweet initial tweet that got us to the new game, it'll be developed by a new company named BXD, which was started with a $2.1m investment with 51% owned by Bandai Namco and 49% by Drecom (Minna no Golf smartphone developer)

They talk about three new developments for Spring 2018, with app.Famitsu revealing that the new games are the forementioned iM@S new game, Dragonball ZBM, and Pro Yakuyuu Famitsa. The aforementioned trailers show the type of games they will be (probably battle card games like the CG and ML mobagem@s.)

BXD's page is here for future reference too.

Ganbarimasu!

Also, Shiika's cute, but hmm, 961...

Edit: The new Deresute event Twin*Guru*Tail MV with their transitions and background swaps are quite the directional jump as the rhythm smartphone game competition heats up. Finding it interesting that the past few events are made more like music videos with less unit members (sooner or later we'll get to Bemani type videos), while story commus are still individual stage lives with backup dancers and the burst events are a mix of both but are also leaning towards the music video direction.

Accoun

According to my friends who watched the stream live, apparently they are going to put more work into the producing side of things this time. Which would be nice, even if the PS live system doesn't look great and it's returning in this game. Now, does it include commus, ore are they considered a separate part?

And the new rival... she's OK, I guess. Liked Leon's design more and I'm rather sad she got shafted.

Top Bottom