• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT9| Our raid wiped in Icecrown Citadel

I'm assuming we'll also see some new minions with Divine Shield. I think people are underestimating the new Bolvar, it could be quite powerful with the right setup. Everyone was dismissing the last Paladin Legendary too and look how that turned out. If Pallys get a spell that gives all minions divine shield for 2 or 3 mana I think we'll see it quite a bit.

Really like the reward from being Arthas with all classes and that each class will certainly have a different fight. Mages starting with 1 HP seems crazy.

taunt, divine shield, windfury, and lifesteal? That is like wickerflame on crack at 4 mana.

There aren't any lifesteal spells, just spells that restore health while doing damage. Wickerflame and mistress of pain's healing scales with their damage, so they already do lifesteal so it's just a text change.
The new priest spell has lifesteal

f0lken

200px-Al%27Akir_the_Windlord%28335%29_Gold.png

Time to shine!

wiibomb

if I see corpsetaker in my opening hand, I'll keep it and I'll mulligan wickerflame, simple as that.

of course, the idea is to have more minions with those characteristics on the deck, not just wickerflame.

I have to craft wickerflame now

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Man that corpse taker card is really well designed card the more I think about it. Since it triggers off of what is IN YOUR DECK, the card is AWFUL late game. So a control deck isn't going to just stuff this in for a windfury, taunt, divine shield, lifesteal late game card. You have to play it before you've drawn too many of your other cards or else risk losing some of its power. So late game it's probably less effective than early game. You want it on Turn 4. However as a 3/3 on stats it's kinda bad so you wouldn't want to run it in a pure aggro deck, especially since it doesn't have charge. So it's basically limited to midrange and tempo decks. It's a fantastic piece of design there.

Pooya

I feel corpsetaker is kinda broken in shaman, with the new taunt/lifesteal they just got, you probably can activate all 4 keywords on this quite often. It seems like shaman could completely shut down any kind of aggression and you have enough end game value that can beat most control decks.

It's same for paladin more or less but paladin doesn't have good removals and comeback mechanics like shaman has, if they lose board they probably lose.

Maybe freeze mage is going to get even better to counter these but you can pack a lot of healing in shaman too if you want. There are so many great options in the class to go in any direction.

edit: the new card is taunt/freeze oops, my mistake. Somehow I thought it's lifesteal.

fertygo

Man that corpse taker card is really well designed card the more I think about it. Since it triggers off of what is IN YOUR DECK, the card is AWFUL late game. So a control deck isn't going to just stuff this in for a windfury, taunt, divine shield, lifesteal late game card. You have to play it before you've drawn too many of your other cards or else risk losing some of its power. So late game it's probably less effective than early game. You want it on Turn 4. However as a 3/3 on stats it's kinda bad so you wouldn't want to run it in a pure aggro deck, especially since it doesn't have charge. So it's basically limited to midrange and tempo decks. It's a fantastic piece of design there.
Nah you play it in control pally

If you getting bad luck the card not get the buff at that point you want drop the big bomb anyway

Pooya

only rogue/priest/warrior legendary are left. they probably reveal all of them by tomorrow and then go through hero cards.

You can turn corpse taker into neutral healing for warlock btw, maybe their legendary is ok

Bolvar might be ok actually. It gains attack from its own divine shield too. It could be a 5/7 for 5 if one DS minion is on board. Seems like ok, definitely better than the first bolvar.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I hope that is only for the lich king fight because that seems a bit too good otherwise. It's 9/9 worth of stats and taunt for just having 1 other minion on the board. Insanely good.

Pooya

the card should be insane in arena at least.

when you look at it next something like jade chieftain, it's easily constructed viable imo. Seems a bit too good for a neutral common.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Arena gonna get FUCKED UP this expansion. Common neutral that gives massive bonus and taunt? Insane.

when getting one pack as arena reward is ti always from the last expansion? thinking in not burning all my money in packs once the expansion hits if the arena gets fun.

Dang, lotta cards.

Fatespinner and Abomination Archer are okay.

Bolvar and Light's Sorrow are pretty bad.

Bonemare and Corpsetaker seem pretty busted, which is kind of nuts because they're both neutral. Bonemare especially, a 7 mana 5/5 with Blessing of Kings attached, not to mention the taunt. Yeah you need something else on board but still, how is this card okay?

Dahbomb

It's hard to get all 4 (nearly impossible I would think unless you are playing Alakir Shaman) and 3 is also hard to get.

Lifelink, Divine Shield and Taunt are most probably with Divine Shield and Taunt the two most common ones. Making it a Paladin card who can also sneak in life link.

A 4 mana 3/3 Divine Shield Taunt is lightly above curve. Silvermoon Guardian is 3/3 Divine Shield and that doesn't see play, if this was a taunt on top of that it might see play. Life link would push this over the top, which means it's best suited in Midrange Paladin.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
when getting one pack as arena reward is ti always from the last expansion? thinking in not burning all my money in packs once the expansion hits if the arena gets fun.

Yes, the guaranteed pack is always from the latest expansion, though you can potentially also get a pack from any other set that's in standard as a reward.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
It's hard to get all 4 (nearly impossible I would think unless you are playing Alakir Shaman) and 3 is also hard to get.

Lifelink, Divine Shield and Taunt are most probably with Divine Shield and Taunt the two most common ones. Making it a Paladin card who can also sneak in life link.

A 4 mana 3/3 Divine Shield Taunt is lightly above curve. Silvermoon Guardian is 3/3 Divine Shield and that doesn't see play, if this was a taunt on top of that it might see play. Life link would push this over the top, which means it's best suited in Midrange Paladin.

Yeah, that's basically my thoughts too, that this card will likely be strongest in Paladin (Which is why they showcased it with other Paladin Cards). Paladin will likely get 1 more Lifesteal card too.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Okay, so the Battlecry effect is like a better Blessing of Kings, and then you get a 5/5 for 3 more Mana.

The fuck?

wiibomb

twitter guy must have messed up bad.

That card is just too good to be in HS meta.

EDIT: someone on reddit discovered this on the video:

sWCbObj.png

IceMarker

Bonemare is nuts in Druid, being able to get this out a turn or two sooner would make it a huge swing/win-more card.
Until your target is hexed/poly'd/devolved/silenced, but then again still have a 5/5.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, so the Battlecry effect is like a better Blessing of Kings, and then you get a 5/5 for 3 more Mana.

The fuck?

Yeah its insane. I don't see how it is fair at all.

Like this card is going to become the #1 determiner of Arena wins. It's close to North Sea Kraken, but for 2 less mana. A completely bonkers arena card. Like I expect a Kripp video about how busted this card is within a week of the expansion.

It's good in constructed too, but since it's 7 mana you're using it as a finisher style card to get a big burst of damage but you need some level of board control to use it (or else you have to put the buff on a cheap minion from your hand which isn't optimal).

Peléo

I also think it is a mistake from the twitter guy. However, do non-collectible cards come with the expansion symbol behind the text?

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Bonemare is basically firelands portal, this is going to destroy Arena.

Can't they tune the chance / bonus on cards appearing in drafts now? I remember hearing something about how Vicious Fledgling got nerf'd in arena by appearing less now.

Granted, that took a long time to happen, so I doubt it'll be right out the gate.

I don't see how someone can enjoy Arena in its current state anyway. I played a Paladin deck with Stonehill Defender, and 4/11 matches he gave me Tirion. How the fuck is it fair for me to get Tirion that many times in Arena? Then from my Secret Murloc I kept getting Getaway Kodo, so I would put Tirion as my only minion on the board and just go face until they killed him and gave me another one.

Discover effects should be programmed differently for Arena, because that's just unreal.

Magnus

I'm guessing that if Druid's legendary is Hadronox, that Priest's will be either Valithria Dreamwalker or Lady Deathwhisper.

Or...if the HS team wanted to get super fucking awesome and creative, it would be the Ghost of King Menethil!

king-terenas-menethil-ii-world-of-warcraft-warth-of-the-lich-king-0.96.jpg

With a Battlecry inspired by the champions mass-rez we used to defeat Arthas in Icecrown.

"Summon to your side of the board all legendary minions that died this game."

How rad would that be?

PlayHearthstone is saying Bonestorm is absolutely a collectable card. Wow.

You mean Bonemare, right?

Pooya

I guess they will be using new set releases to release new heroes.

So Un'goro had Maiev, TFT has Arthas... maybe next set has Kael'thas? These are all main characters of war3 TFT campaign. He can kinda pass as a warlock hero if not mage.

Top Bottom