• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Titanfall Beta (PC/Xbone) Impressions (No Key Begging/Trading or I will ban you!)

I really think the queue system is the best way to go with overloaded servers. Atleast then you can see how long you are likely going to wait before playing and don't have to sit by the comp waiting and hitting Retry over and over or watching it automatically retry over and over.

Can't remember the last game that had the queue system though lol. It has been awhile.

Battlefield 4

Does it matter? Is it not a perfectly reasonable thing to do in their situation? Would you not do it?

I think its perfectly reasonable that now with a new gen out they want their new flagship product to be helping push units, they wouldn't have invested in its exclusivity otherwise. I'm almost surprised its coming out on 360 at all but I suppose with the size of its player base it would be madness not to.

Never said it was a problem at all.

I really think the queue system is the best way to go with overloaded servers. Atleast then you can see how long you are likely going to wait before playing and don't have to sit by the comp waiting and hitting Retry over and over or watching it automatically retry over and over.

Can't remember the last game that had the queue system though lol. It has been awhile.

I've been put into a queue on Battlefield 4 numerous times. Usually no more than 2 or 3 people in that queue.

Still nothing on any server location for PC here.

Also, haven't played Battlefield 4 online yet, been waiting to get the PS4 version for that. My PC just couldn't handle BF4 online .. whatsoever.

I got past the searching for servers thing after pressing A to play. I am not at a loading screen with different still images being shown with a spinning green circle.

Xbox One. Will update as I go on. West US Server.

EDIT: Doing tutorial right now.

EDIT: Tutorial completed. Now at private lobby menu. Pilot/Titan loadout screen.

EDIT: In a lobby waiting to play. 20 seconds to launch

EDIT: I'm in. Xbox One is a go.

Amir0x

Banned
PC guys getting fucked, XB1 working? Microsoft doin' everything they can to make the factually inferior Xbox One version desirable, so pathetic!*

THIS IS A JOKE GUYS

FaintDeftone

I get random attempts to join a server on XB1 but none of them actually finalize. Keeps saying "attempting connection" and eventually times out and goes through the same old crap.

Come home ready to fire up beta on the Xbox One for the first time.. Get the dreaded "No servers found" message I've been reading about in this thread. Sigh what a tease! Will try again later or tomorrow..

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
So is playing with a controller on PC competitive?

I use a 360 controller and have been doing just fine. Most of my FPS experience is with a controller though, so I'm much better than I am at mouse + keyboard.

Strider

So is playing with a controller on PC competitive?

I played a few games like this and yea it's fine. Hell I'm still relatively new to KB/M so I actually did better in my games with a controller. Unless you are up against really good and experienced KB/M FPS gamers you can easily hold your own.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Not in my experience. I'm constantly at the top of the board while using a controller and the carbine. Never feel like I'm at a disadvantage.

And you know for a fact that everybody on the other team isn't using controller?

Xbox1 version coming back up first, guess we know which version Microsoft wants us to buy.

Slayven

You'll get smoked IMO, unless you soley want to use smartgun.

I use a 360 controller and have been doing just fine. Most of my FPS experience is with a controller though, so I'm much better than I am at mouse + keyboard.

I played a few games like this and yea it's fine. Hell I'm still relatively new to KB/M so I actually did better in my games with a controller. Unless you are up against really good and experienced KB/M FPS gamers you can easily hold your own.

Thanks. I played BF 3 with a controller and did alright so I had to ask.

ShogunX

Game looks good when in motion. It's obviously not at the top end of the graphics scale but it's certainly a step up from the likes of COD on the 360.

BraXzy

I wonder how many codes have been given out via fake support submissions vs actual emails. I haven't heard many people receiving a new batch of emails but lots of people getting one from EA support.

Top Bottom