• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma PS3. "exclusively for the PlayStation 3 next Spring"

Striek

dark10x said:
I don't know about that...

DOA2 was released on the PlayStation 2 prior to Itagaki's XBOX period.
Yeah well, neither are really ideal...its moot anyway since its obviously going to be on Dreamcast 2. meltpotato pegged it.

PhatSaqs said:
Please explain? :
See: that 1up NG:B PS3 thread. Although I guess you guys north of the pond might be onto a new day :)

PS: I was joking, too.

Brofist

brandonh83 said:
Oh, thank god. Now if they'll just put Halo 3 on PS3, I won't have a reason to ever buy a 360. :lol

Maybe they'll release a PC version to coincide with Windows 2010/Vista 2/XP Next Gen or whatever the next MS OS after Vista will be :lol

Luckyman

Banned
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/733/733714p1.html

Ninja Gaiden Set for PS3
Team Ninja remakes one of the best action games ever.

by Anoop Gantayat

September 20, 2006 - Remember all those rumours of a Ninja Gaiden sequel coming to the PlayStation 3? They've at last been proven correct... partially.

The Ninja Gaiden series will be coming to the PS3 in the form of Ninja Gaiden Sigma, the latest issue of Famitsu reveals. Developed by Team Ninja, Sigma isn't a sequel, but a "complete version" of the Xbox Team Ninja title.

Team Ninja is improving upon the Xbox version in all areas. The visuals, including characters, stages and effects, are being upgraded. Event scenes are being redone, and new scenes are being added. All cinema scenes in the PS3 version will be real time, Famitsu specifies.

On the gameplay side of things, players can look forward to new moves, actions and weapons for Hayabusa. Racheal, one of the series' heroines, will be playable, and when using her, you'll get to experience the storyline from her perspective.

Development on Ninja Gaiden Sigma is currently at just 25%. A Japanese release date has yet to be announced.

Oh snap..

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
Oh snap indeed. MORE INFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All real-times. I wonder if they can reach what the Xbox did in CG, to be real-time on the PS3?

PS3?
ninjagaiden_2.jpg

Could it look close to this?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
I now have another reason to get a PS3.

But lets not forget one thing: those of us who played Ninja Gaiden already are MUCH more interested in Ninja Gaiden 2. I would like to have NG-Sigma, but I MUST have NG2.

Dahbomb

No CG? Good stuff. If I am really compelled to watch those I can see them on Youtube.com. I have seen them so much it's good to see these new realtime cutscenes. Hopefully they have better action as well.

I still don't see what the big deal is. :)

Honestly when this game comes out I had better not see a billion threads talking about how much GAF sucks at the game.

And hopefully I won't because I'll be too busy playing Ninja Gaiden 2 :)

Dahbomb

Did anyone see the scans?

Can anyone explain the Dabilahro against Mission#3 boss? I asked this question twice in the other thread and no reply. :(

Carry over weapons confirmed?

SpokkX

Realtime cutscenes is nice. Will be the 3rd version of NG I buy.

Hopefully this doesn´t delay NG2 even more though :(

whatever console that game ends up on :)

Nvidia

Banned
PepsimanVsJoe said:
I still don't see what the big deal is. :)

Honestly when this game comes out I had better not see a billion threads talking about how much GAF sucks at the game.

And hopefully I won't because I'll be too busy playing Ninja Gaiden 2 :)

And DMC4 over here for PS3:)

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
U K Narayan said:
I wouldn't be surprised if this winds up on the Xbox 360, to be honest.
Really. They got the assets and Tecmo is in good terms with MS. It should be a cheap port. Then again they could a pull a Twin Snakes and just release the sequel.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
JB1981 said:
Hopefuly they'll work on the camera and improve on the plasticy look of the original.
**** no. I hope they totally screw the camera. And maybe Tecmo could also make the game even harder so the weaksauce gamers keep lamenting on the internet FOREVER.

*grumbles*

SpokkX said:
Hopefully this doesn´t delay NG2 even more though :(

I belive that the game is developed by some Tecmo internal studio with the supervision of Team Ninja, Itagaki says multiple times that they work at full power with one game at the same time (minor work for future releases indeed). I hope Itagaki or someone clarify this matter at TGS.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
The Faceless Master said:
actually, all of team ninja's xbox games were rendered at 720x480, even at 4:3 res
Are you sure about this? Where did you get such a confirmation? That's interesting, if true. I'll have to throw in NG again later on using the original XBOX.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
F*ck me... I just saw the scans... even though I still want to see better quality scans or better yet, direct-feed pics, content-wise, I must have this game... :(

I would have never imagined that this game would come to the PS3, let alone ANY Team Ninja game... it's not Ninja Gaiden 2 but still, this hurts me deeply to have to shell out so much cash to continue my collection for my favourite action game series of all time...

Damn it, damn it to hell... I am NOT going to spend €660 just to have this game... you said that you wouldn't be any betrayals Itagaki? You make sure that this comes to the 360 as well, even though you aren't handling this game yourself, even though Ninja Gaiden 2 may already be out by then...

Dual katanas? Playable Rachel? New weapons? New enemies? Biker enemies? New cutscenes? This better hit the 360 too Itagaki - or else I'm going to be pissed - especially since I'm the biggest Ninja Gaiden fan around...

Dahbomb said:
Did anyone see the scans?

Can anyone explain the Dabilahro against Mission#3 boss? I asked this question twice in the other thread and no reply. :(

Carry over weapons confirmed?

It looks like a different version of the same guy, since there's fire instead of electricity - so he's probably a completely different boss, coming in later in the game...

lachesis

This is a good news, who's trying to convince himself buying PS3 in near future. Love the game, and improved graphics and more? Bring it on... at budget price, please. :D

Urge to play NGB on my 360 tonight rises... This game is good enough for re-playing the whole.

trmas

Banned
Well, between this, MGS4, God of War, DMC4, FFXIII, Heavenly Sword, L5 goodness, and possibly RE5 all exclusive, a LOT of people are going to be buying a PS3 no matter what they said. I'll be buying sometime next Spring it looks like.

PS3 has an AWESOME lineup.

Chiggs

trmas said:
Well, between this, MGS4, God of War, DMC4, FFXIII, Heavenly Sword, L5 goodness, and possibly RE5 all exclusive, a LOT of people are going to be buying a PS3 no matter what they said. I'll be buying sometime next Spring it looks like.

I can't imagine an upgraded Ninja Gaiden Black being that big of a system seller, especially compared to those other titles.

Now once the PS3 lands Ninja Gaiden 2...

This is good news since I am getting a PS3 anyway, but wow, Microsoft loses another exclusive. Do they have any left that actually count now? Anyway, I will get this on day since I am the biggest Ninja Gaiden fan in the world. Arguably the best game ever imo and this will only improve on that undeniable fact. :) Playable Rachel ftw. :D

RaijinFY

evil ways said:
Great, now Capcom better port Dead Rising to the PS3 so I don't have to get a 360.

Ok, even if I'm a Sonybot, people need to stop with that. This will only led to trolls and such.. :/

evil ways

RaijinFY said:
Ok, even if I'm a Sonybot, people need to stop with that. This will only led to trolls and such.. :/

But I really want to play it and I don't want to spend $400 for just 1 game. Plus there's the whole red ring of death thing that I don't want to run the risk with.

Wow. This is about as anticlimatic as Final Fantasy XII on Xbox 360.

"OMG!!! Sony loses their biggest exclusive!!! Now I don't have to buy a PS2 to play a two year old PC port!!!"

Besides, Tecmo needed some more money to fund Ninja Gaiden 2 development. :lol

evil ways said:
But I really want to play it and I don't want to spend $400 for just 1 game. Plus there's the whole red ring of death thing that I don't want to run the risk with.

I feel the same way about VF5. Only that's $500 and minus the red ring(replace it with some other "oops your system is ****ed!" light).

neptunes

I was expecting ng2, but this is just as good I guess.

As long as it doesn't hinder the development of Ninja Gaiden 2 I couldn't care less.

P.S. I thought Ports were bad (?_?)

Ajax

Banned
neptunes said:
I was expecting ng2, but this is just as good I guess.

As long as it doesn't hinder the development of Ninja Gaiden 2 I couldn't care less.

P.S. I thought Ports were bad (?_?)

Doesn't look like a port. More like a remake. We'll see when we have better screens.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Still, just the fact PS3 is getting it...

I'm expecting NG2 eventually.

PS3 will have God of War, DMC, and NG. Wow.

That's a pretty good triumverate. I would include MGS4 in there as well to make fanboys cry. Oh, and don't forget HS. Actually, I can't believe you forgot HS.....What is wrong with you? :D

So, in conclusion:

PS3:
GoW, DMC, NG, HS.

360:

Too Human, NG2......

Uh oh......Too Human better be good....

Top Bottom