• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT6| Put your back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

caliph95

tumblr_m4gaicM4Ed1r72ht7o1_500.gif
He's canon too

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Gohan doesn't deserve to be strong, he always fucks around too much and let's the enemy get the upper hand

At least Goku usually has something up his sleeve

But what if Gohan and Goku surpass Vegeta again.
Kind of sounding like that'll happen with episode 90.

Slaythe

What do you mean Goku ? Goku is already far above Vegeta. (by default with the kaioken)

Hell even 17 probably is at this point.

Also missed this great YoungJiji art.

C-D7ppjU0AAIcW4.jpg:large

His 17 is pretty on model, glad to see he improved his style for him. (though old school 17 more than current one :D)

I don't think Vegeta will ever be behind in any significant fashion for any significant amount of time. Goku will get a new form this arc and then Vegeta will have it next arc if not this arc as well.

Skeeter49

How dare you

Her performance is a masterpiece man, kid Goku is the shit

Android 8? I don't even really remember what he sounds like lol

Gohan doesn't deserve to be strong, he always fucks around too much and let's the enemy get the upper hand

At least Goku usually has something up his sleeve
Triggered.
Gohan did not fuck up against Super Buu. He fought Buu for like 10 minutes, and I think in the manga it was pretty short. He did nothing to fuck that up. Buu heals constantly, he is someone you can't kill easily. Gohan was wearing him down which is the best he can do against Super Buu. Get the upper hand? What do you do against an enemy you can't just kill? At best he shouldn't have let Goten and Trunks fight Super Buu.

Against Cell, his biggest problem was torturing Cell, but no one thought Cell could blow himself up, and when Cell spit out 18, he blew up instantly, so it's not like Gohan had a chance after getting him to blow out 18. At least Gohan wanted to kill him, if Goku kept fighting him, he would have let Cell go, hoping he'd become his friend. Gohan did nothing to let him get the upper hand though. He debuffed Cell, so he did the exact opposite. It's like Goku turning his back on a cut up Frieza.

So those 2 instances where he was stronger than his opponent, he did fuck up against Cell, no one can deny that, but again, no one knew what Cell was capable of. Goku, the guy who kept torturing Frieza? The guy who kept toying around with Frieza to get revenge? Because he is so much better than Gohan. Speaking of Goku's plans and Cell's, his plan to beat Cell relied on his son being pushed to his limits and having an emotional breakdown. Great plan Goku, it's not like Cell could you know kill Gohan in one blast, that'll never happen.

Now who saved Goku against Vegeta? Gohan.
Who saved Piccolo from Frieza? Gohan
At least Gohan wants to kill his enemies. Goku let's them go hoping they become his friends. Great plan Goku, let's just hope Piccolo doesn't attack you after healing him, let's just hope Vegeta doesn't blow up the planet one day, without interacting with you.
Gohan doesn't fuck around. He makes mistakes, his list of mistakes is no where near Goku's though, so no, Gohan fucking everything up? Bullshit.
I'm tired of that narrative that Gohan doesn't do much, that he fucks everything up. He killed Cell, he was stronger than Buu and the strongest non fused character in Z.

Ash735

I don't think Vegeta will ever be behind in any significant fashion for any significant amount of time. Goku will get a new form this arc and then Vegeta will have it next arc if not this arc as well.
They should give Vegeta a new form unique to him due to his Saiyan past, it would be a nice throwback if there's a power up linked with Great Ape that Goku can't use because he never learned to control that form.

Toad.T

Banned
Alright, since this thread is basically DBCommunity at this point, I have an idea that I want to float by you guys:

I have never watched GT fully, stopping at about the Trunks forced marriage episode. Would anyone like to see my thoughts as I watch each episode with a set of mostly fresh eyes, giving commentary and making jokes and the like? You can use my recaps of Simpson Halloween episodes as a peak at the template of each review and my general style of writing. I'd try to aim for at least one a week, to make the gap between episodes seem smaller.

Vegeta will bounce back, probably

Triggered.
Gohan did not fuck up against Super Buu. He fought Buu for like 10 minutes, and I think in the manga it was pretty short. He did nothing to fuck that up. Buu heals constantly, he is someone you can't kill easily. Gohan was wearing him down which is the best he can do against Super Buu. Get the upper hand? What do you do against an enemy you can't just kill? At best he shouldn't have let Goten and Trunks fight Super Buu.

Against Cell, his biggest problem was torturing Cell, but no one thought Cell could blow himself up, and when Cell spit out 18, he blew up instantly, so it's not like Gohan had a chance after getting him to blow out 18. At least Gohan wanted to kill him, if Goku kept fighting him, he would have let Cell go, hoping he'd become his friend. Gohan did nothing to let him get the upper hand though. He debuffed Cell, so he did the exact opposite. It's like Goku turning his back on a cut up Frieza.

So those 2 instances where he was stronger than his opponent, he did fuck up against Cell, no one can deny that, but again, no one knew what Cell was capable of. Goku, the guy who kept torturing Frieza? The guy who kept toying around with Frieza to get revenge? Because he is so much better than Gohan. Speaking of Goku's plans and Cell's, his plan to beat Cell relied on his son being pushed to his limits and having an emotional breakdown. Great plan Goku, it's not like Cell could you know kill Gohan in one blast, that'll never happen.

Now who saved Goku against Vegeta? Gohan.
Who saved Piccolo from Frieza? Gohan
At least Gohan wants to kill his enemies. Goku let's them go hoping they become his friends. Great plan Goku, let's just hope Piccolo doesn't attack you after healing him, let's just hope Vegeta doesn't blow up the planet one day, without interacting with you.
Gohan doesn't fuck around. He makes mistakes, his list of mistakes is no where near Goku's though, so no, Gohan fucking everything up? Bullshit.
I'm tired of that narrative that Gohan doesn't do much, that he fucks everything up. He killed Cell, he was stronger than Buu and the strongest non fused character in Z.

nah son, i think gohan could have killed buu from the very beginning, he was LEAGUES stronger than buu. If SS2 gohan could destroy super perfect cell (who was seemingly on par with Gohan at the time) with a giant kamehameha and obliterate him all at once, Mystic Gohan could have done the same thing to Buu, it only makes sense.

i didnt say gohan shouldnt be part of the main cast, but every time he is established as the strongest Goku has to come in and clean up his mess anyways, even against Cell Gohan would have given up if Goku (and Vegeta for that matter) hadn't intervened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom