• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Halo TMCC |OT2| 3V4 Industries

Booshka

I just feel like ZBNS MLG Reach is way too barebones. CE sandbox should be the baseline in terms of minimum content, imo. I also just don't like the way Reach's physics feel at all save for the player inertia on movement.

Ya I get ya, but that's not on MLG Reach, it's just that the CE Sandbox had actual depth and value, outside of the Needler. For Reach, the barebones sandbox was a product of Bungie's sandbox design, of course a NB DMR is gonna shit all over the mid tier, short range weaponry of Reach, cuz it was underpowered.

125% movement and the higher jump took some time to getting used to, but overall it was worth it. If Reach was designed from the onset to facilitate the play of NBNS MLG Reach in the first place, the game would have been amazing.

So uh, on a scale of 1 to 100, how much does this game work now?

I would say 45 if you're talking MP only. Good progress but still a long road ahead.

Still frequent bugs in every mode of the collection.
In MP there are two or three whole playlists where most of the time you'll do okay, if your game doesn't crash or doesnt end early before the match even begins. Which still happens too often.
That's out of what, 6 or 8 playlists? I forget.
Which was reduced from the original 12.
Halo 4 almost doesn't exist in most of MM.
Halo 1 still has no dedicated playlist.
Servers still seem to not function a lot of the time.

Three out of twelve isn't so good. You can definitely play now which is a huge improvement over launch, but you don't have a lot of options because the majority still isn't there yet.

80? It's getting there. There are still some annoying quirks but it's pretty close.

Whoa now that seems optimistic.

Jeff-DSA

I would have given my left nut to just get into some matches, but I gave up and sold the thing. I'll pick it up used when it's sub-$20. After have my saves deleted and never getting into a good multiplayer match, 343 spent all of my patience.

Vipes

Neo Member
Am I the only one who hates playing Halo 1 past 30FPS? It suffers the same as the PC version did. The animations are now choppy as they were designed for well, 30FPS not 60. And for some reason a even new side effect is on the Xbone. Halo 1 seems to play faster than normal.

zma1013

I hate to be that guy, but were we ever given a reason as to why Halo 3 and Halo 4's armor customization was axed in favor of armor sets?

But for some reason, people seem to support the idea of removing customization, saying Halo isn't barbie, or some other copouts.

I don't think they've said anything but they probably just thought the workload for such a project was already large enough and armor customization, while nice, just isn't that integral to the experience of Halo. Personally, I'm fine with the selection of armor sets as is, not a big deal to me.

Just played a 3vs4 match on Elongation. One of my team mates dropped out, and then the other did too.

So I'm 1 vs 4 - what is the etiquette here?

My opinion is that I'll never quit, I'll still try to win or scrape out as many kills as I can.

But I could see how that isn't too fun for the other team. To me, there's no satisfaction in killing one guy over and over again when he's completely out-gunned.

So what's the right thing to do here? (game ended 50-11)

Vipes

Neo Member
Personally I've been playing Destiny while I've been waiting for MCC to be fixed. I'd like to enjoy MCC sometime in my lifetime yaknow.

Just played a 3vs4 match on Elongation. One of my team mates dropped out, and then the other did too.

So I'm 1 vs 4 - what is the etiquette here?

My opinion is that I'll never quit, I'll still try to win or scrape out as many kills as I can.

But I could see how that isn't too fun for the other team. To me, there's no satisfaction in killing one guy over and over again when he's completely out-gunned.

So what's the right thing to do here? (game ended 50-11)

Typically in extreme situations of team quitting where I can't even pretend to stay competitive and I'm alone, I try to make friends with the enemy team nonverbally. Have a bit of silly fun.

Every time they see me I hop and jump around and generally act silly. After a couple minutes of slaughtering me they usually get the idea and then we start touring around the map together in a warthog or something. They're usually laughing, I can hear them calling to their bros saying "Check this guy out lololol"

It's really great when they let me gun and so they're touring me around while I wreck their team mates, and the team mates are too confused to shoot at me.

In Elongation, though...I dunno. Can't have much fun like that in there. Someone on GAF yelled at me once basically saying I'm an ass for not quitting in these situations.

But this is a feature.

cookie_monster_waiting.gif

zma1013

Actually it kinda is. A lot of people would agree.

I dunno man, when people reminisce about playing Halo, I hear them talking about how they planted the bomb with 1 second left to win the game or how they did a hail mary with a grenade from across the map to kill the flag carrier as he was getting ready to score, or get 3 sticks in a row on a group of enemies. There's not much talk about how awesome it was to select a cool looking chest plate.

Vipes

Neo Member
I dunno man, when people reminisce about playing Halo, I hear them talking about how they planted the bomb with 1 second left to win the game or how they did a hail mary with a grenade from across the map to kill the flag carrier as he was getting ready to score, or get 3 sticks in a row on a group of enemies. There's not much talk about how awesome it was to select a cool looking chest plate.

Well it was half the customization, half the story behind it.

Hatchtag

Banned
Which has died more at this point, Halo or Sonic?

Sonic's had a good game more recently than Halo has. While both series are being beat to death by untalented developers, Sonic at least has one talented developer working on it, we just don't see games from them too often. Thus I'd say Sonic is less dead.

Vipes

Neo Member
For myself, Bigshow, FUNKNOWN, and other CE die hards, Halo has been a joke for about a decade now as well.

; )

Honestly Halo 4 wasn't that bad. If Halo was completely stripped from it, it'd actually be a decent game. The artstyle would stay the same because lets face it. Halo 4's artstyle isn't Halo. Destiny looks more like Halo than Halo 4 did.

Having finished Halo 4 on Legendary I would like to say...

Fuck Promethean Knights.

Seriously, fuck those guys, no obvious silhouette headshot..very difficult to bring down but low damage.. except the ones that carry beam rifles or rocket launchers.

They had some cool ideas with the Promethean dogs and the protectors.. but the knights suck as the heavy class.

Couldn't connect to people for about ten minutes, and then tried BTB playlist. First match I got into was unbalanced and ended up crashing. After going back into the game from dashboard, I again tried BTB playlist, got into a game about ten minutes of searching, and the game froze after picking up the bomb. Crash to dashboard.

I chose BTB because no other playlists were finding people to play with, ironically.

Having finished Halo 4 on Legendary I would like to say...

Fuck Promethean Knights.

Seriously, fuck those guys, no obvious silhouette headshot..very difficult to bring down but low damage.. except the ones that carry beam rifles or rocket launchers.

They had some cool ideas with the Promethean dogs and the protectors.. but the knights suck as the heavy class.

Fuck being forced to fight the most frustratingly awful Halo enemies yet with the equivalent of a plasma pistol. I will never force myself to bear through Halo 4 legendary again, not even for the MCC.

Top Bottom