• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Next Xbox to be named 'Xbox Fusion' according to domain names

ALAN ULTIMATE

Neo Member
A look back over the years at some console codenames....

Stella -> Atari 2600

Project Reality -> Nintendo 64

Dural -> Sega Dreamcast

Xbox -> Xbox

Oxygen -> Game Boy Micro

Nitro -> Nintnedo DS

CTR -> Nintendo 3DS

Xenon -> Xbox 360

Durango -> ???

NGP -> PS Vita

Cell -> PlayStation 3

Orbis -> PlayStation 4

Revolution -> Nintendo Wii

I still think the majority of codenames are better than their actual names.

If the actual console is called the "X-Box 360-2" I shall laugh. Nay, cackle.

Robot Pants

IzZrgZP.jpg

+Fusion =

GeoffDoritosPope1.png

Trump card?

Fusion is the most plausible of candidates so far in my mind.

Xbox Fusion.

It sounds reasonable. And it would fit with their high level message of Xbox being a place for all kinds of entertainment - 'fusing' TV, games, music, movies etc.
So hidden in Kryptos is ARM IP to support all kinds of entertainment - 'fusing' TV, games, music, movies etc. Fusing Handheld with a Game Console

ALAN ULTIMATE

Neo Member
Well the "Xbox" moniker isn't going to change any time soon.

It's what M$ have decided to use as a suffix that will have us all talking come 21st May 2013.

It may well be "Xbox Fusion"

ekim

http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/michael-teslak/a/9b/565

Responsible for financial reporting, preparing month end journal entries such as accruals etc... Provide Variance to Budget analysis. Experienced in Planning, Budgeting and Forecasting. Strong analytical skills, proficient in Micosoft Office - Excel, Power Point, Word as well as Lotus 123. Strong system skills include SAP, Essbase, Bex Analyzer (SAP front end).
At Symapitco, worked with Value Added Services Teams to help launch games products ie. GamesMania/KidsMania, worked with Marketing to advise on product launches such as Purchase Exemption Certificate for PC fusion, Xbox Fusion etc...

hm...

Stella -> Atari 2600

Poject Reality -> Nintendo 64

Dural -> Sega Dreamcast

Xbox -> Xbox

Oxygen -> Game Boy Micro

Nitro -> Nintnedo DS

CTR -> Nintendo 3DS

Xenon -> Xbox 360

Durango -> ???

NGP -> PS Vita

Cell -> PlayStation 3

Orbis -> PlayStation 4

PS4 was actually NGH ;)

Pitmonkey

Stella -> Atari 2600

Dural -> Sega Dreamcast

Xbox -> Xbox

Oxygen -> Game Boy Micro

Nitro -> Nintnedo DS

CTR -> Nintendo 3DS

Xenon -> Xbox 360

Durango -> ???

NGP -> PS Vita

Cell -> PlayStation 3

Orbis -> PlayStation 4

Wasn't the Dreamcast called the Katana or something? Gamecube was Project Dolphin.

Blueblur1

Also, earlier today I saw the Amazon Games twitter account retweet Joystiq's Xbox Fusion domain names story. I wonder if some retailers could know what's up this early?

ciridesu

Fusion sounds so 50's and makes me feel like a chemical engineer or something: 'hey bro come to ours lets play some fusion'. Is it possible to pick a less cool name; hope it's just some feature, and the rumours about the name being infinity are closer to the truth

jaypah

They can call it Xbox Bootyjuice at this point, i just want to see it. "Jump In the Bootyjuice"

Keep in mind the current console is called Xbox 360

What seems so far fetched about Fusion? Everyone will get used to the name in time anyways.

really.

Keep in mind the current console is called Xbox 360

What seems so far fetched about Fusion? Everyone will get used to the name in time anyways.

But surely they want to reveal the official name at 21, not today linking the XboxFusion domain with Xbox.com.

Izick

Fusion makes sense if the console supports those additional features. Infinite is better though.

I know we're all supposed to be sophisticated gamers or whatever, but I actually do care what the name is. I mean I'm going to see the name for the next half decade or so. I mean it would never dissuade me from purchasing a console, but I just hope it's not dumb.

Infinite sounds great, Infinite too. Fusion sounds cool enough. I do like the "Xbox" idea though.

8bits

Banned
Looking at some more domain names, it look someone registered xboxfusiongames.com and freexboxfusion.com back in January.

It looks like James Booth owns the domain booth.com which is business that buys premium domain names. xboxfusion.com has been registered since 2004 so did this guy find something out back in January or did he just recently stumble on that domain name and decide to purchase it just in case?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Stella -> Atari 2600

Dural -> Sega Dreamcast

Xbox -> Xbox

Oxygen -> Game Boy Micro

Nitro -> Nintnedo DS

CTR -> Nintendo 3DS

Xenon -> Xbox 360

Durango -> ???

NGP -> PS Vita

Cell -> PlayStation 3

Orbis -> PlayStation 4

Xbox was DirectX box, midway then just Xbox

Infinite/Infinity sounds far better. Why Fusion? In what way does that make you think next gen?

I mean, of course it's all nonsense anyway, but I really think a marketing team would be stretching on something like fusion.

Top Bottom