• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hostess debuts new Chocolate Twinkies, re-brands Chocodiles as Fudge Covered Twinkies

Status
Not open for further replies.
little debbies snacks are all terrible. The oatmeal cream pies are ok every once in a while I guess.

I'd even take Drake's over little debbies

Nutty-Bars-Small.jpg

The GOAT

Loxley

Snack cake thread? Snack cake thread. I lived in Philly for two years and was exposed to wonders of these bad boys:

65vT31d.jpg

Tastykake's Peanut-Butter Kandy Kakes are my absolute favorite. The sad part is now I live in the midwest and we don't have Tastykake here :( It's all Hostess and Entenmann's. Not bad by any stretch, just not as good.

Falchion

Snack cake thread? Snack cake thread. I lived in Philly for two years and was exposed to wonders of these bad boys:

65vT31d.jpg

Tastykake's Peanut-Butter Kandy Kakes are my absolute favorite. The sad part is now I live in the midwest and we don't have Tastykake here :( It's all Hostess and Entenmann's. Not bad by any stretch, just not as good.

Holy shit those look good.

But they seem to be all the rage in America?

I've never once seen nice packaging on American food. It's so garish, childish and loud.

The graphic design matches the product design. It lets you know that it's definitely something you should not eat.

Also: sweet snack foods are aimed squarely at children.

Whatever icing ingredients little debbie uses for their products has this waxy consistency that I can feel coating the roof of my mouth and I can't stand it. Flavor is fine. Texture is....ugh.

Chocodiles kinda already got rebranded a few years ago, as evidenced by this photograph I took back in 2014:

Bu94uoDIYAAzo5j.jpg

Notice the minimizing of the Chocodile name and the increased focus on the Twinkie brand. The Chocodile name still appears on the new packaging, so eh, nothing's really changing. By the way, the new Chocodiles are excellent. They really do have more cream and the chocolate tastes better. Do yourself a favor and buy them if you see them.

Also, one of the lowest points in my life was when I saw pumpkin spice Twinkies around Halloween 2015. Just disgusting and shameful.

They need to fix Ding Dongs is what they need to do. Ever since they've come back they've been weak as hell. The chocolate coating is too thin, so you no longer get the nice "crunch" when you pop them in the fridge. Plus, the tin foil wrapping was way better.

highrider

Banned
For me personally, Little Debbie is struggle cakes, Hostess is ok, but Tastykake is the king of the snack cake game. They always taste fresher, and just better recipes imo.

For me personally, Little Debbie is struggle cakes, Hostess is ok, but Tastykake is the king of the snack cake game. They always taste fresher, and just better recipes imo.

This is the correct ranking.

Tastykake
Hostess
Getting dropped 8 stories by the Batman
Little Debbie's Trashcakes.

By the way, Haley... Oh my god, these Fudge Covered Twinkies... These Fudge Covered Twinkies, Haley, oh my god. These Fudge Covered Twinkies, oh my god!

wedca

You will go on missing out on the greatest confectionary good ever conjured, then.

I went ahead and google image searched "jaffa cakes" and found a picture of a box of these things but from a Serbian company called Jaffa crvenka that has been making them since the 1970s. They are clearly shown on the box and they look delicious, I'd buy them in an instant.

This only increases my belief that the McVitie's packaging is boring and ineffectual. Step up your design game McVitie's or get left behind!!

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I hate when Tastykake puts out limited edition pies. Goddamn I would give anything for the graham cracker crust with vanilla pudding and the chocolate versions of them.

The GOAT are the Tastykake Peanut Butter Kandy Kakes.

The Hostess Nutter Bars are great too

And of course the TastyKake Chocolate Jr., Little Debby's Cosmic Brownies and Honey Buns.

Just had the chocolate Twinkies. Everyone is right - Chocolate Zinger without the frosting. Also, because it's more cake than sponge cake, the texture is completely off for something daring to call itself a Twinkie.

I'm going back to Chocodiles and so should you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom