• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican Lawmaker Who Secretly Created Reddit’s Women-Hating ‘Red Pill’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barzul

Fucking hell. Guys actually preach this shit. I've heard of the red pill but I'd never actually read anything posted on there till now.

Is this a pro or con for his career in our fucked up Anglosphere these days?

Could cost him his position since he is on record not only of openly hateful misogeny but defending rape and pedophilia of all things. I at least I hope thats what will happen.

But simultaneously he could become a martyred hero for MRAs everywhere and start a new alt right news network and make money

Deguello

I remember a libertarian "colleague" of mine at school that would constantly argue in the school paper for the legalization of prostitution all the time, which, while not necessarily the hallmark of a great society, is something we can find common ground with. (Selling sex services would be fine if we could ever get rid of the fellow-traveling exploitative turbo-capitalist tendencies.) Yet he also argued for the lessening and outright termination of age consent and statutory rape laws, due to "enforcement issues" or some such.

I asked him in class if he wanted both at the same time. He didn't know what I meant. I said "Imagine you are arguing for the legalization of Ice Cream and then arguing for restrictions to be lifted from using Sprinkles.. Do you perhaps want Sprinkles on your Ice Cream? Or would you like to see a world where Sprinkles are put on Ice Cream every day?" He understood the syllogism and got very cross with me, but abandoned the age of consent position.

This man doesn't think rape is all bad because at least the rapist enjoys it. He thinks 15 (or lower) is viable sexual activity. Therefore, he thinks Child rape is only half bad because the rapist will enjoy himself raping a 14-year-old.

It would be interesting to see him defend this position in public.

BajiBoxer

Banned
That's the thing that gets me. The guys shouting the whole alpha male rhetoric loudest are often, upon further investigation, the biggest cucks of all (by their definition of the word). Their levels of projections onto other men who don't give a shit about such stupid ideas is staggering. Just thinking about it gives me a headache.

As to the people pointing out that this guy is a Republican, the Daily Beast article says he initially ran as a Democrat and lost.

Yeah, if you want to win while supporting that shit you need to run as a Republican.

But they're not going to do that. Not blaming you specifically, but don't you see how contributing content to it, giving it more eyeballs, driving up its ad revenue and subscriptions, is indirectly a way to financially support groups like Red Pill and Pickup Artist?

I'd say go ahead and read it with an ad blocker, but at the very least stop posting on it and giving people reason to browse it. I think that's a fair compromise. Reddit is contributing to the modern day toxic climate.

The misogyny and hate on Reddit has metastasized. Except for explicitly "SJW" subreddits, it pops up everywhere and you'll probably get downvoted if you object. There was a misogynist joke on Programmerhumor today and the objections were downvoted off the page.

Is that a lot for a state the size of NH? Seems like a lot

ballotpedia said:
The House of Representatives consists of 400 members coming from 204 districts, making it the largest lower house in the nation, and the third largest parliamentary body in the world.[1] Each member represents an average of 3,291 residents, as of the 2010 Census.[2] After the 2000 Census, each member represented approximately 3,089 residents.

It's a stupid amount of state representatives.

Linkura

There are some really crazy Republican politicians in NH. Not surprised at all he's from there. I think the fact that they have so many house seats, as mentioned previously in the thread, gets these guys more publicity than they really deserve.

cameron

Local ABC-affiliated news, WMUR: Governor of New Hampshire, Chris Sununu, says resignation ‘in order’
CONCORD, N.H. — Gov. Chris Sununu on Wednesday told WMUR that the resignation of state Rep. Robert Fisher "is certainly in order" following a report on the online website The Daily Beast that the two-term lawmaker was involved in the creation of a misogynistic message board and made disparaging and derogatory comments about women.

"Representative Fisher's comments are horrendous and repulsive and his resignation is certainly in order," Sununu said in a statement emailed to WMUR by his office. He was referring to posts attributed to Fisher on the "Red Pill" message board on Reddit.com by The Daily Beast.

Sununu joined House Speaker Shawn Jasper in saying that Fisher's resignation would be appropriate.

Earlier reporting, with statements from Fisher:
A state legislator identified in an online report as a creator of a misogynistic website that espouses contempt for women admitted Tuesday he has said “some injudicious things about the opposite sex following a bad breakup.”

But Rep. Robert Fisher, R-Laconia, said that many of the posts attributed to him in a story published on The Daily Beast website are untrue or taken out of context.
Those, he said, include a post on a 2008 message board post, in which he allegedly wrote: “I'm going to say it. Rape isn't an absolute bad, because the rapist I think probably likes it a lot. I think he'd say it's quite good, really.”

Fisher, in a statement provided to WMUR, called it a “gross misquote.”

“Of course rape is a horrible crime,” Fisher said. “That was an out-of-context quote from a nearly decade-old debate about the failings of moral relativism. This kind of journalistic malpractice does a disservice not only to me, but to the women and men who are victimized, by perpetuating a false notion that the government doesn't care what happens to them. This discourages them from coming forward, which emboldens perpetrators to harm others.”

Fisher told WMUR in a brief telephone call, however, that he has no intention of resigning. He declined to discuss The Daily Beast story, preferring to communicate by email.

In his email, the lawmaker wrote: “Here's my message to the public: I am not disappearing.
I will continue to stand strong for men's rights and the rights of all, and I intend on introducing new legislation in 2018 to push back in the New Hampshire courts and finally bring relief for New Hampshire parents and citizens who face these very real but under-reported issues.”

But they're not going to do that. Not blaming you specifically, but don't you see how contributing content to it, giving it more eyeballs, driving up its ad revenue and subscriptions, is indirectly a way to financially support groups like Red Pill and Pickup Artist?

I'd say go ahead and read it with an ad blocker, but at the very least stop posting on it and giving people reason to browse it. I think that's a fair compromise. Reddit is contributing to the modern day toxic climate.

Meh there are a ton of left wing communities on Reddit too, I'm all for banning those subs because they're shit, but I don't think Reddit as a whole is useless because they host communities that would likely still exist even if it Reddit did not.

Furyous

Definitely a pro because there's a lane for him. Fox News could use his talents. Glenn Beck has a position available. There's this whole alt right market that will eat this stuff up. Someone gives him a book deal inside of two years tops.

Volimar

User StrictScrutiny over on Reddit compiled these quotes from Robert Fisher. This guy is trash and his followers are trash as well:
When I'm out with friends, including girls, you know EXACTLY what the conversation will entail, it's gossip or fashion, pop culture, trendiness, personal experiences. Nothing abstract. They do not chat in the abstract...when I told myself I thought they were smart, I really had the footnote in the back of my head... smart.. for a woman...But you know what two-way conversation I'm never going to have with a woman is? About how interesting special relativity is. How I consider the free-will argument to be moot because time travel causes paradoxes that render the concept nonsensical. Oh, sure, they'll be interested, or at least act like they are. But there will be no two way conversation...I don't hate women. I just understand what use they are to me.​

-----

I find women's personalities in general to be lackluster and boring, serving little purpose in my day to day life.​

-----

Would you believe that religion and shaming of divorce was put into place to control female hypergamy? What you see today, with the decline of the control the church has on our society: divorce rates going up. Men getting screwed. Men inventing game to counteract the changes feminism brought to our society.​

-----

women will gladly see to it that you do, in fact, die alone...Women will do what they want. They will do what ever fits their fancy. They just plainly do not give a shit!...But you have to be awake to the reality that in the woman's mind- her emotions are the only thing that matters to her. She will be fickle and can easily up and leave with literally no regrets...​

-----

Religion and Marriage were constructed to keep female hypergamy in check. Unfortunately, infidelity is no longer looked down upon and excommunication from the church doesn't matter. Since women can make money themselves, there's literally no reason for them to stay married.​

-----

Women voting was an inevitability. I do believe old social structures like religion, marriage, honor, family lines, stuff like that were all constructs to keep hypergamy in check (among other things). As we lost those, we lost monogamy...If sexual strategy is amoral, then the question I guess we should ask women is this: Are you happier now? Though I don't think we'd get a terribly insightful answer to that, because there are plenty of women from old traditional marriages that are happy despite the controls keeping their hypergamy in check. If we ask a chick from today, she'd look at the old ways and say "heck no!" to that, because it wouldn't feed her hypergamous instinct, no matter how unhappy that truly makes her.​

-----

Feminism is a sexual strategy. It puts women into the best position they can find, to select mates, to determine when they want to switch mates, to locate the best dna possible, and to garner the most resources they can individually achieve...Yes, game got a bad reputation from girls who demonize manipulation. This is because game is an effective strategy against their own sexual strategy. I believe women's opposition to game can be attributed to the unconscious factors in women's sexual strategy​

-----

Today's women are trained the following way: 1. Following your emotions will make you happy. 2.If something makes you unhappy, you must not have been following your emotions. 3. Therefore, if something makes them unhappy, it goes to show that they did not opt for that decision, because following their emotions will make them happy, and therefore they follow their emotions...nobody taught women that their decisions could possibly have a negative or less than perfect consequence...Standing strong as a man means pushing forward. We do not concern ourselves with our current emotional state. Instead, we put objectives in our head and work towards them. If something makes us unhappy, we make objectives to rectify the situation. Our current emotional state is something we work in spite of, not as slaves to. Women, however, have no such inclination...​

-----

Sometimes people call me an asshole. They say what I do is wrong or evil towards women. You know what I always say back? "Well if they stopped rewarding my behavior with sex, I probably wouldnt do it!"​

-----

I feel zero regret or shame pumping and dumping.

-----

Due to statutory rape laws, perfectly viable women under 18 are out of bounds. Fine. Evolutionarily, that was never a problem, but today we have to deal with it. So 18 is the bottom end. And for women, 30 is wall. So women have a window of 12 years.​

-----

I spin a soft harem.​

-----

I live in an area unaffected by racism...nd my life is untouched by sexism...trust me- it's not popular to just say to a woman "Stop being a bitch." Not because she wasn't, but because she justifies her emotions by having emotions...​

-----

This particular brand of woman is entitled and thinks bringing a pair of boobs grants her equal footing with somebody bringing intelligence or a personality. The least she could do is approach dating with some humility. Not everybody is going to pay your meal ticket because of your tits.​

-----

The only problem I've had with seddit is the growing culture of betatude that's cropping up in the comments on all posts there. Things like "no don't do that, it's creepy" which really steers the conversation in the wrong way.​

-----

Well for instance, the increased awareness of rape- through feminism- has enlisted white knights to start doing the mental gymnastics for them. Guys start looking at other guys as rapists, anybody exhibiting what's considered "creepy" behavior is now on watch.​

-----

We not paranoid, in fact we're just realists!...We're becoming strangely good at a sexual strategy, and we're using evolutionary theory to lead the way...It can easily be seen when I describe an incredibly erotic night with a women I just met and get accusations of being creepy or rapey from everybody except the woman who enjoyed the fuck out of herself that night.​

-----

There is literally no legal protection I can think of that could eliminate the risk of a previous sexual partner of mine falsely accusing me of rape, no matter what the circumstances. I now have a video recorder in my room.

-----

Also if she feels insulted, your incidence of false rape accusations or pregnancy scares go waaaaaaaaay up. You might think I'm paranoid, but statistically, I'm overdue for a false rape allegation.

-----

I'm going to say it- Rape isn't an absolute bad, because the rapist I think probably likes it a lot. I think he'd say it's quite good, really.​

-----

15 year old girls have boobs. Puberty doesnt strike at 18 overnight. Secondly, not creepy- 15 year old girls and guys are commonly sexually active. Its just illegal.​

-----

(in response to someone saying that the Rep's point was "one should not have sex with underage girls because one might go to jail, not because there is anything actually wrong with it."): That is precisely my point. Biologically having kids that early was pretty normal. In fact, a lot of cultures on our planet still do this. It's only our culture and a handful of other recent cultures that started protecting the young adults- and get this, it used to be only women protected with age of consent laws...In my opinion, since these are no longer factors due to birth control, it should no longer be a consideration.

-----

(in response to a video leak where Stuebenville High Schoolers are joking about raping a teenager 'deader than Trayvon Martin'): So a bunch of guys made rape jokes... lacking class for sure, but.. not wtf nor news worthy.​

I saw some of these posted on twitter but I didn't have a credible enough source to post it here. The guy is literally making the case for why statutory rape is okay. What a vile piece of filth he is.

NewGame

Banned
Women are stupid and boring and the only thing that they have going for them is their body?

Sounds like this guy has only ever been with blow up women... I wonder why...

Zolo

Con. While unfortunately Trump still didn't lose the support he should have, he did get a lot more crap for his leaked convo as well as support from people that were openly supporting him til that point.

Whoever he's up against in a next election will have all of these comments to use against him.

Boylamite

What a warped world view. Like everything that guy believes seems to come from fear of being rejected by women, or justifying why it already happened to him.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Red Pill Boss: All Feminists Want to Be Raped

While Fisher did not deny having created The Red Pill, he called his past comments ”injudicious," and suggested he no longer holds the views he once espoused online. Fisher told a local media outlet that he is not currently the moderator of any Reddit forums.

Yet further investigation by The Daily Beast suggests that Fisher may still be very much be an active contributor and chief moderator of The Red Pill, where an alias that appears to belong to him—under the username redpillschool—regularly champions misogynistic views. Fisher's apparent link to redpillschool has not been previously reported.

In December 2016, redpillschool conducted an exhaustive three-part ”thought experiment" called ”All Women Lie About Rape." He claimed the title was facetious, and pointed out that rape was a real crime, explaining the purpose of the series was to propose whether rape statistics propagated in the media matched observed reality. ”Every woman I know has a rape or attempted rape story... But on the other side I don't know a single man who is interested in raping women," he wrote.
While he knew of no men harboring the desire to rape someone, redpillschool often pointed out that feminists, on the other hand, are obsessed with the concept. ”Feminists are obsessed with rape because we live in a rape fantasy culture, where feminists wish they were hot enough to be rape-able," he wrote in April 2014. ”
”Every woman wants to be attractive enough to be raped. It's like the pinnacle of male desire, when he can't stop no matter what."
And marital rape—a crime in all 50 states—shouldn't exist as a concept in his view. ”If a woman does not wish to submit to her husband she should not marry him. The contract of marriage is the verbal and written consent for sex," he wrote in 2013.

What a disgusting man.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Just resign already you sorry piece of man.

studyguy

Update...!

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/864903186456379393
Ben Collins (@oneunderscore__)
Scoop from @brandyzadrozny: The NH state representative who created Reddit's Red Pill just resigned.
https://t.co/9cHTUOlHiW

giphy.gif

Ya know...

As much as these losers go out their way to attack women, I'm genuinely surprised they aren't sucking dick in their private lives.

Might as well go full #teammen you would think.

Ya know...

As much as these losers go out their way to attack women, I'm genuinely surprised they aren't sucking dick in their private lives.

Might as well go full #teammen you would think.

Isn't that why Milo claims he's gay, because women are so awful he'd rather fuck men?

psyfi

Banned
Men's rights activists are the biggest god damn clowns. They see that men are suffering, but they fail to see that the problem is patriarchy and sexism. That misunderstanding is understandable, but then they create an entire world view based in the exact behaviors and attitudes that got men to this point in the first place: domination, violence, harassment, emotional disconnection, relational disconnection, inability to connect on an intimate level, etc. It's frustrating and maddening, but mostly it's just really sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom