• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neo Geo games coming to Nintendo Switch

Do we know for sure is next week is Garou or Blazing Star? They haven't put up anything on the Coming Soon tab. I know the PS4 got KOF '95 this week, and the Switch ACA releases are fairly closely tied to those, even though '95 wasn't in the trailer.

Glix

Are people actually playing fighters with the joy cons? I really want to get Waku Waku 7 but have a hard time believing it would be an annoyance experience with the analogue stick.

It's totally playable with the "dpad". For real.

But yes, using the analog for it is horrible for me.

Neff

Are people actually playing fighters with the joy cons? I really want to get Waku Waku 7 but have a hard time believing it would be an annoyance experience with the analogue stick.

I was surprised to find that the Joy-Con sticks work extremely well for fighting games. 720s, hcbx2, cancels and so forth are a snap.

meppi

Yeah, I've got little trouble playing with the analogue stick which is rather surprising.
I do prefer the buttons though.

Now what I'd really want and what'll never happen in a million years is a left joycon with a dedicated clickstick. That would be absolute heaven for fighters and arcade games.

Yeah, I've got little trouble playing with the analogue stick which is rather surprising.
I do prefer the buttons though.

Now what I'd really want and what'll never happen in a million years is a left joycon with a dedicated clickstick. That would be absolute heaven for fighters and arcade games.

I'm actually getting more used to the analog stick and can pull off most QCF/B type moves. I find the jumping a little loose with the stick though.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Having arcade classics like this to go might be a killer app for me regarding the Switch. I hope they keep going with all this.

Yes Boss!

I'll take some of the unreleased CLASSICS like Cyber-Lip.

Nice that they are not releasing the original titles first like previously but I still want the ones they have never released!

Metal slug 1 or 3?

And what about king of fighters?
Metal Slug 1 is actually pretty manageable, I think most people could 1CC it with just a little practice. Metal slug 3 is super tough though.

KoF is pretty fun, I recommend KoF 98, or if you're just looking for a fighting game in Neogeo fighting game in general, then Garou.

pswii60

Got Metal Slug. Is the slowdown in the original game too? That aside I can't believe how well it holds up, amazing pixel art and tight gameplay.

Got Metal Slug. Is the slowdown in the original game too? That aside I can't believe how well it holds up, amazing pixel art and tight gameplay.

Yes. If you think it's bad in MS1, wait until you play MS2.

The only way to get rid of it is to play on an emulator and overclock the "machine."

meppi

is bust-a-move coming out?

I doubt it, but there's at least a chance.

The ones I really would love to see on Switch are the following:

74N7rl8.jpg

Puzzle de Pon!, Puzzle de Pon! R and Money Idol Exchanger.

meppi

That's great news for them!
They deserve all the success they get and this will surely make others think of putting more classics on there as well.

The Switch can't get enough arcade classics as far as I'm concerned.

Also, you're welcome! :D

Hl69qLk.jpg

StayDead

They deserve all the success they get and this will surely make others think of putting more classics on there as well.

Hl69qLk.jpg

Is that every title released so far? It looks so good on the menu like that o_o

Good man. I will probably end up buying the majority of them as well lol.

meppi

Is that every title released so far? It looks so good on the menu like that o_o
So far yes, Coming Friday Blazing Star will be added to that menu. :)

Good man. I will probably end up buying the majority of them as well lol.

I don't know how many times I've bought some of these games by now. lol
MegaDrive, SNES, GameBoy, Saturn, PSP, Wii, DS, Dreamcast, PS2, PS3, 360, PS4 and Vita. Not forgetting the original AES and Neo Geo Pocket Color.
So many ports and compilations over the years. And I'm always excited to see the latest game pop up on the eshop and buy it instantly when it does. :)

I'd LOVE Neo Drift Out but I know it will never happen due to the licenses in the game. The only thing they could do would be Outrun style removal of the cars. I'd be happy with that..

RRockman

Banned

I was able to beat Waku Waku 7 with the joycons. It took a little getting used to, but the d buttons turned out to work fine. The stick was also ok with multiplayer as well.

Top Bottom