• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ketsui DS ?

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Let's see - after a year of working on porting this to PS2, we have to axe it because the system can't handle it.

What do we do now?

Hey, why not put it on an even more underpowered handheld! Great idea!

protip: if it's watered down, it's not good

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
arika cans the ps2 port because they can't exactly replicate the arcade version...and then does a ds port? wha? looks great, anyway, and if this is legitimate, i'll solder the ****er into my ds cart slot and take it with me EVERYWHERE

edit: according to the shmups forum, mihara says this is a test, so i don't know if there are solid plans to release this. of course i'd rather have the actual ketsui, but i really hope this comes out.

Durante

Even if it's watered down, looking at the video and the fact that it's Cave, it will still easily be the best shmup on DS. Though that's not saying much.

Btw, where do you get the whole "Sony rejected it for PS3" thing from?

They couldn't do it on PS2, so release it on DS? That is a bit odd, but if it gets us a (good) shmup on the DS, who can argue... the DS needs more of them, that's for sure. :)

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
Durante said:
Btw, where do you get the whole "Sony rejected it for PS3" thing from?

his hindquarters. years ago mihara said that he'd like to do ketsui on ps3, and recently he said that none of the next-gen consoles were appropriate targets for ketsui, but there was never any ps3 version for sony to reject.

farnham

Banned
drohne said:
his hindquarters. years ago mihara said that he'd like to do ketsui on ps3, and recently he said that none of the next-gen consoles were appropriate targets for ketsui, but there was never any ps3 version for sony to reject.
ケツイの移植をPS3でやりたいなぁ、と思った。

富沢さんには軽く打診した。

正式じゃないし、算段が付いたら…という事で。

PS2では今までの『完全移植』しか出来ないから。

それでもいい、と言われるかもしれないが

今、考えている『練習ツール』としてアイデアは

PS2のハードの枠を越えている。

新しいシューティングゲーム移植の幕開けを

PS3のロンチタイトルにしたかったので、

開発機の提供のお願いにSCEIさんに出かけた。

SCEIさんの偉い人と担当さんに話したら

『アリカさんにはもっとPS3クオリティの物をやって欲しい』

と言われた。

この件が引き金で心に詰まっていた何かが溢れて・・・心のネジを外しました。

ゲームでしょ?

PS3クオリティって何?

ゲームじゃないの?

From Arika

(feel free to translate)

Tain

This would be pretty much the cruelest thing to happen in the history of videogames.

of course i'd buy it

joshschw

whoa. this is real?

sweeet. sure it won't be quite the same but it'll still be a great shooter no doubt, for the DS even.

lol, Nanostray developers are probably in tears. they thought they had the whole market to themselves.

dog$ said:
Nope, no joke here.

This is what happens when handhelds lead the market.
I still don't see the logic in canceling the PS2 version that's been in development for quite a while just to see this teaser of a test on the DS. Why not release on both systems and reap the rewards of the two highest userbases?

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Ketsui on DS? I always thought that DS would be an awesome system for vertical shmups.

I suppose you could hold it like a book, but that would be uncomfortable to play. Stretching the TATE screen to top and bottom screens would be cool, but I wonder how much of a hinderance the lost space between the two screens would be.

farnham said:
MOON LANGUAGE!!

Well I don't feel like translating it all, but to sum it up...

He talks about not being able to Ketsui on the PS2, then says that he talked to someone at SCEI who kind of acted like a jackass saying something like "We really wish you would do something more up to the PS3s standards/quality." Well Arika seems kind of annoyed about that and goes on rambling about what he even means by 'PS3 quality' and that no matter what it's still a game.

Something to that extent.

Top Bottom