• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

bigjig
(10-13-2017, 12:48 AM)

Originally Posted by frontovik

Can Japan GAF confirm?

Living in Japan for awhile kind of puts your perception of danger out of whack. When I returned to my home country of Australia for a holiday I put my smartphone on a coffee shop table to save a seat while going up to order. The friend I was with asked me what the hell I was doing which pulled me back to reality. In Australia that phone would be gone as soon as I turned my back lol
richiek
steals Justin Bieber DVDs
(10-13-2017, 12:48 AM)
Chicago is safer than NYC? WTF?
Linkura
(10-13-2017, 12:52 AM)

Originally Posted by bigjig

Living in Japan for awhile kind of puts your perception of danger out of whack. When I returned to my home country of Australia for a holiday I put my smartphone on a coffee shop table to save a seat while going up to order. The friend I was with asked me what the hell I was doing which pulled me back to reality. In Australia that phone would be gone as soon as I turned my back lol

Yeah, Tokyo being #1 is fine and not surprising. It's when you get further down the list that the flawed methodology really starts to kick in.
FrankCanada97
Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
(10-13-2017, 01:52 AM)

Originally Posted by Linkura

Yeah, Tokyo being #1 is fine and not surprising. It's when you get further down the list that the flawed methodology really starts to kick in.

Top 10 and bottom 10 seem to fit, but the middle of the list seems to be a mixed bag. I really would have liked to see all the data sets they collected.
Austriacus
(10-13-2017, 02:04 AM)

Originally Posted by FrankCanada97

Top 10 and bottom 10 seem to fit, but the middle of the list seems to be a mixed bag. I really would have liked to see all the data sets they collected.

Its seems that a lot of info was gathered by interviewing experts in the field, the whitepaper has their names.
koziakauzu
(10-13-2017, 02:09 AM)

Tokyo is the safest city in the world

Wow... incredible... who would have guessed...
MutFox
(10-13-2017, 02:25 AM)
Love Tokyo so much, this is one of the big reasons why.
Lived there for a while, still miss it.
Ratrat
(10-13-2017, 02:34 AM)
Tokyo and Osaka are the least safest places in the country.
TheExecutive
(10-13-2017, 03:05 AM)
Chicago is the 19th safest city on this list? Just headline bias or what? There are more murders then there are days in the year.
xk0sm0sx
(10-13-2017, 03:14 AM)
There's no way Singapore should be below Tokyo in terms of safe cities. (As a Singaporean living in Tokyo)
I seen more incidents in 1 month in Tokyo than I do a whole year in Singapore.

We are almost drug free, have no drunkards out in the streets, the only people that pester you in the streets are insurance agents, and have no deadly disasters.
Sure we lack freedom, but our country is as safe as one can get.